logo

Bogus charges

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Valvoline Instant Oil Change, ST. LOUIS, Missouri Complaints & Reviews - ENGINE BLEW IP

Valvoline Instant Oil Change Contacts & Informations

Valvoline Instant Oil Change

Posted:    patty heaghney

ENGINE BLEW IP

VALVOLINE INSTANT OIL CHANGE
2511 TELEGRAPH
ST. LOUIS, Missouri
TOOK MY TRUCK TO VALVOLINE FOR A ROUTINE OIL CHANGE, THEY SUGGESTED I NEEDED A FEW OTHER SERVICES, SO I SAID OK, THE NEXT DAY GOT UP TO GO TO WORK AND TRUCK WAS MAKING A LOUD NOISE AND KEPY DYING, I WENT BACK TO VALVOLINE AND THEY SAID TO TAKE TO MIKE'S AUTOMOTIVE TO CHECK IT OUT, THE N THEY TOLD ME MY ENGINE BLEW A GASKET AND PISTON, THE MOTOR HAS BLEW UP, AND THEY SAID THEY PERFORMED ALL THE WORK CORRECTLY AND WILL PAY HALF OF THE COST TO REPLACE MOTOR TO A COST OF OVER FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS AND CAN' T SAY THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGES, THEY DAMAGED MY TRUCK AND WONT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY, I WILL NEVER USE VALVOLINE AGAIN, AND I WILL SPREAD THE WORD, THEY DO NOT STAND BY THEIR 100 % GUARANTEE, THEY ARE TRYING TO SAY MY MOTOR MUST HAVE BLEW UP ON IT'S OWN OUT OF THE CLEAR BLUE SKY, WHICH IS ABSURD, I WILL KEEP FIGHTING FOR VALVOLINE TO TAKE FULL RESPONSIBLITY FOR THEIR MISTAKE, THEY DID A FUEL INJECTION CLEANING AND SOMETHING HAPPENED TO MY TRUCK
Comments United States Car Service Centers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of May, 2010 by   Jack Evans -1 Votes
i work at an oil change shop and every single time i get a car or truck in that ws previously serviced at valvoline i notice issues. some or simple, common sense mistakes i notice that they make. and others are are a little more serious. the biggest problem i have with them is the lack of professionialism. drain plugs, way way way too tight as well as oil filters. leaving the rubber seal on an oil filter causing a leak is also something i see. all i know is that yes i work in a quick lube shop, but i know if i didnt i would NOT take mine to valvoline. very bad service alot of the time in my opinion.
 17th of Jul, 2010 by   phillyb85 +1 Votes
First off, your complaint does not make much sense. There is not enough information to sound valid. How long have you been taking your truck to Valvoline? Do you always do preventive maintenance on schedule for your vehicle? How old is your truck and how many miles were on the ENGINE? Valvoline offers a limited engine guarantee where if you started using Valvoline before 125, 000 miles and continue to use Valvoline oil every 3, 000 miles as recommended and any problems occur with your engine no farther than 150, 000 - 300, 000 miles (depending on grade), Valvoline will pay to replace your engine, including labor. VIOC' offers a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee with almost all of their services which entitles you to a full REFUND if you are not satisfied with the service. Did you bother to file a claim with VIOC while you were there, or did you heed all the precautions after talking to the manager? Were you willing to let them help you, or just wanted to bitch? Based on your typing in all caps, probably the latter.
In regard to Mr. Evans comments, you work at an independent quick lube shop. From the sounds of your problems with VIOC, it is most likely just the location closest to you. There are many other independent shops that use Valvoline products, and if you assume that the filter dictates where the previous service was, you're just as naive as the techs that strip out the oil pans and double gasket the filter. A lot of people could have similar problems with Jiffy Pube or Walfart's tire center.
If the customer has a problem with their previous service, they should worry about it, not you. If you don't want their sloppy seconds, then direct the customer to where they had their previous service.

Cite: www.engineguarantee.com
 1st of Dec, 2010 by   B2004 +2 Votes
Well said phillyb85!!
 10th of May, 2011 by   stlcardinalsfan 0 Votes
05/10/11
We took our 2002 Ford Escape that only had 80, 000 miles on it to Valvoline on Hampton Ave. in St. Louis, MO yesterday for a routine oil change. Not even 2 hours later our car started acting funny making noises and dying. THen it acted as if something blew so we got it to the mechanic at the end of our street and he says the engine blew. Come now, they did something to our car we only had 80, 000 miles on our motor, and it is in excellent condition. When my husband gets home from work we are calling corporate, and we are fighting for this. THey need to fix what they messed up!
 29th of Oct, 2011 by   badfish 0 Votes
it's funny to read these complaints cause this is the exact thing that happened to my truck.i brought it in and they were done super quick.i marveled at the speed of the repair.however wehn i went to leave my car wuldn't start.then a week later on my way o work my engine blew...kinda funny how we are cing the same things happen here..not really funny at all...when i brought my truck in to the shop they said i had ran out of oil...kinda hard to run out of oil when u got it changed only a week ago..i really dont think they even changed it and if the did i had an oil leak that they failed to let me know about.thats why i pay for my car to get fixed because i dont know much about that stuff..and for me to pay money only for my truck to blow is absurd.i hope the karma police pay a visist to that vavoline right across from the other on telegraph in st.louie missouri

Wi-Fi Scam