logo

Posted:    BeautyJ

Scam

Valu-Pass
San Leandro, California
It's a total scam didn't even give me a chance to cancel within 14 days and they charged the annual fee. I am so upset.
Comments United States Bad Business Partners
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Oct, 2010 by   ayz 0 Votes
TOTAL SCAM! Did not receive membership packet or promised $100 Walmart gift card voucher. Canceled membership without receiving ANY benifits - "Valu-Pass" charged a full year membership rather than a monthly membership - but my membership log-on has been terminated, though they charged me for a full year!

I have not been able to get a representative on the phone - their phone system is all auto-mated/recorded messages.

Their purported service benefits appear to be nothing more than l.inks to online coupons... STEER CLEAR of THESE LYING THIEVES!
 30th of Nov, 2010 by   BrendaS 0 Votes
Valu-Pass.com = Infovpass.com = globaltravel.com = gtimemberships.com
TOTAL SCAM!!!

Buyers be aware, do not ever be lured into Valu-Pass Promotional Offer, it's a total SCAM. Their Promotional offer states $100 Walmart gift voucher JUST FOR SIGNING UP and try their service. It's a SCAM, do not fall for it. Scam tactic 1) Once they get your credit card, they are in control. they will not mention at all about $100 Walmart gift voucher and really hope that you'd forget too Scam tactic 2) If you call them about the $100 Walmart gift voucher, they will tell you to fill out paper work first, and the paper work says that they will not issue you a gift card after 30 days (AFTER TRIAL PERIOD ENDS AND YOU'VE FOUND OUT THAT THEIR PRODUCT IS WORTHLESS BUT IS STILL CHARGED $99 MEMBERSHIP FEE) Scam tactic 3) Even if you stay on and get charged, they will ask you to make required purchases through their link each month for 4 months before you're eligible for the $100 Walmart gift card, by that time, they've ripped enough profit from you as well as your purchases through their link that they MAY consider issuing the gift card. Scam tactic 4) Even though they say you can call their 1800 number to cancel before the 14 trial period expire, the 1800 number is corrupted and THEY WILL ONLY TAKE CANCELLATION ON LINE, that's when they've already charged you the $99 dollar fee.

If you've been scamed, please file a complaint with Florida BBB

Their customer service is 1-866-251-0979 / 1866-581-4705 /1800-916-3603
They are registered as Global Travel International AKA Valu-pass.com Phone: (407) 660-7800 FAX (407) 875-0711 Address: 2600 Lake Lucien Dr Ste 201, Maitland, FL 32751

Additional Phone Numbers

tsaylors@globaltravel.com
contact@valu-pass.com
 8th of Dec, 2010 by   nikki_lee 0 Votes
I AGREE!!!

Their system is set up to ignore your number. I emailed them and got reimbursed, HOWEVER 2 days later they placed 2 additional charges on my card. Fortunately, I noticed!!!

If you've been scammed by this company, please reply here. Lets build a case against them for the BBB to investigate and protect others from this scam business.

~ Nikki
 15th of Dec, 2010 by   mother of 3 scammed 0 Votes
This website had me believing that i was paying $4.95 for a 14 day offer. After me paying $4.95 for the use of their website for 14 day, that i didnt even use, they then turned around and charged me $99.00 for a year membership that i did not agree to. Why would i want a years membership with this company at $99.00 when i didnt even use what i paid for in the first place, which i thought was a 14 day pass for $4.95... TOTAL SCAM!!!
 15th of Dec, 2010 by   mother of 3 scammed 0 Votes
I totally AGREE, I am one of those who has been scammed by this so called company also...
 15th of Feb, 2011 by   beingloved 0 Votes
I totally AGREE, I am one of those who has been scammed too.

I'm so angry.
 15th of Feb, 2011 by   beingloved 0 Votes
Whoever is starting a class action lawsuit against this company SIGN ME UP!
 21st of Mar, 2011 by   godlived8991 0 Votes
they are taking money out i did not know i was into this
 21st of Mar, 2011 by   godlived8991 0 Votes
i did not even know about this..all i know is i look up and my card was charged and billed 99.99
 23rd of Apr, 2011 by   roberto lopez 0 Votes
samething here they charge 99 dls and i call to cancell it and no answer its sucks!!!
 2nd of May, 2011 by   kongo 0 Votes
Their sales rep told me one thing and did another. I was trying to listen to my phone conversation i had with them and had no luck. Im out 99 bucks for some bs. I can't get refunded what type of business is that Im an unsatisfied customer and the customer is always right. who do i go to for help!!!
 16th of May, 2011 by   mamarootoo 0 Votes
I highly suggest filing a complaint with the BBB! See the comments above for all the info you need. I DID cancel my account within the allotted time frame, but I somehow signed up for ANOTHER membership through them while I was on the phone with someone who called to "Verify my benefits, " and got charged $99.99 for that membership.

It looks like the company responds to reports made through the BBB, and people get refunds after filing complaints!
 20th of May, 2011 by   Nate 109 0 Votes
This is a scam! I was told i had won a free Apple i-phone and to claim it hit continue, upon doing so i was asked to complete 2 offers. I completed 2 offers, one for a body slender Rx which i recieved and cancelled the other was for united benefits which was also cancelled. When i continued the next page asked me to complete 8 offers and at that time i backed out not only could i not afford it, i was realizing it was possibly a scam. I had never signed up for valu-pass and have never heard of them but somehow they charged my account $99. They said they sent me a confirmation email on the 1st, i never recieved such email and never got what ever was suppose to be include in the "15 day free trial". I had no trial because there was nothing to try, i recieved nothing yet had $99 withdrawn from my account. SCAM SCAM SCAM
 25th of May, 2011 by   justwrongitellyou 0 Votes
you sign up for valu-pass to get 100 rebate card, then they call you to confirm then they upgrade you and charge you again without you knowing what is going on, then you find out theres other forms you have to fill out to get the rebate and its not what you think its ten dollars a month of you recipts, this company is just in buisness to scam people out of money and it isn't right
 31st of May, 2011 by   chinny1216 0 Votes
they are a scam. they are offer a walmart card once you sign it. its a lie. dont fall for this scam like i do.
 10th of Jun, 2011 by   ByTheSeaSanPedro +1 Votes
Immediately call your bank to dispute the charge and will not pay them upon an investigation. The bank will put an immediate cancel on your credit card and will usually issue you a new number and credit card within 48-72 hour so the crooks can't decide to try to slip something by you again, months later even. Yeah, yeah, you'll have to update any payment sites (utilities, insurance, paypal, etc.) that now have your cancelled credit card's info saved. I've had to to this several times and the bank prefers to deal with it this way. It's the only sure fire way to screw them back before they try to screw you again...
 21st of Jul, 2011 by   Scammed By VP 0 Votes
I agree that this is a scam. I signed up for a 14 day free trial. I noticed a charge on my credit card before the 14 days. I called about the charge just to be told that I signed up for a 7 day trial. I KNOW I didn't sign up for a 7 day trial, but I can't prove it. Obviously, I canceled at that time. There was also supposed to be a free gift included (mini muffin pan). This happened months ago and of course, I haven't received anything. I contacted them again. Their response? "We don't have anything to do with that, you'll have to contact the other company." These people are definitely scammers!
 25th of Jul, 2011 by   The Coffee Guy 0 Votes
I agree but they told you exactly what you needed to know but you had something else in mind. You thought that you'd get a $100 for a $4.95 trial and then cancel before they credited your credit card for the full year payment of $99. Correct? You said you didn't use the site anyway. Why else would you have paid your trial fee if not just for the $100 voucher? And why did you NOT cancel before the $99 fee was billed your card? Don't you know what 'Trial Period' means? You thought that you'd get something for nothing (or rather for $4.95). People should read the small print (terms and agrrement). It explained exactly what was required to get the $100 voucher and it stated clearly that it would be paid in monthly increments of $10 after you spent $100 per month with the same credit card for that month and returned the original receipts with their voucher coupon. And they said in clear print that you would NOT get the rest of the $10 vouchers if you missed even 1 (one) month of submitted receipts. Beware buyers. If it's too good to be true it just might have some hoops and hurdles to get by. Don't complain when it's your fault for refusing to read the fine print!
Research it first if there are any doubts before forking over your hard earned cash. That's why I'm here in the first place...I was about to pay the trial fee and then I thought: "let's read the reviews first."
Now I know NOT to try the Valu-Pass system of rebates for purchases. Too much hassle for too little return.
 20th of Apr, 2012 by   Orren 0 Votes
I agree! This is a total scam. They probably leak your credit card number to others. I noticed some misterous charges.
 1st of May, 2012 by   savthepeople 0 Votes
I too got charged 104.95.With many phones i got 2 -50$ refunds but not the 4.95.I also called Wallmart and told them because it was there gift card.Once i got the first 50 back from Valu-pass i called Global travel.They said only one refund was aloud, i saud they would not give all my monies back.So i said the the Global travel person, if my neighbors window broke and he ask me for half, why would i pay if i did not break.Get it.

Help for Start-Ups