logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Flixaddict.com
SCAM- charges your credit card when they say they won't!
2. (0 mins ago)
Free of Blemishes
posting fake comments and product is a scam
3. (0 mins ago)

Vacations Made Easy

Posted:    Ian

Rip off

Vacations Made Easy
I booked a vacation activity of a `Sealife Safari Tour' for 4 through http://www.vacationsmadeeasy.com/OrlandoFL/activity/SealifeSafariTour.cfm. When you read the information it sounds great and likely worth the expense for a memorable holiday event.

When you go to book it brings up info only for the tour at Clearwater. The event calendar is also very restrictive for 8.45am only throughout every future period. Clearly they then can't offer the buffet lunch beforehand but we still decided to go for it based on the interest factor. When we arrived, we found that the exact same tour is available directly off the pier at $19.95 per head with plenty of availability at each and every sheduled sale time. There is no marine biologist aboard and there are no times when they offer food. It was the exact same trip/company as purchased through this agent.

They charge $92.45 per head. This gives around an 80% mark up for their booking fee for a trip which very clearly appears to be falsely advertised.

I have tried to get my money back but their terms do not allow that.

I have left a review on their website but no reviews at all are showing. That would suggest they block them to avoid adverse publicity.

Do not book through them for any event. In making your vacation a little easier, they are simply lining their own pockets through conning people out of their hard earned cash!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jul, 2009 by   Robbed by Vacations Made Easy -1 Votes
They ripped us off too! They charged us double the going rate for a tour and we couldn't even take the tour because the Ryman Theater had the day blocked off for an event - which they say our tour company should have known because block-out dates are posted. When we tried to get a refund, they only offered $12 on a $99 charge. They are thieves and con artists.
 18th of Jul, 2010 by   somadawn -1 Votes

My money has not been taken out of my Discover account yet, but has been put on hold by this company. Their policy of keeping "100% percent" of a refund is disgusting whenever they apparently set up vacations to make their customers call and want to cancel or even SEND THEM TO THE WRONG PLACE. Avoid at all costs. It was cheaper for me to go through the hotel!!
 18th of Jul, 2010 by   somadawn -1 Votes
I booked through them last minute for a hotel near Chicago (8 minutes away from the zoo and other fun things.) I was already on the road driving and almost to my destination when I received my vouchers, which lo and behold, were for a hotel 50 miles away in Bluff Park! The hotel where I arrived had no problem calling their "sister" hotel and canceling my reservation, but when I called vacationsmadeeasy.com to inquire as to why I was charged for a king size, jacuzzi room and my tickets said STANDARD, non-smoking preferred for the same price... they had no answer. I was then told that it was Choice Hotel policy and not their policy regarding the cancellation for the room I did not want over 50 miles out of town. It was not the room I had reserved, nor was it even in the town I asked for!

I gave the representative the phone number for this hotel when he was told it was not in his system (which was how I found it in the first place - I searched for "Chicago hotel jacuzzi" and was led to their site) so that they could attempt to "pay" for this hotel instead. He put me on hold to attempt calling while I was standing at the desk and then switched over and told me the line had been busy and he could not get through. He further informs me that I am not staying at a Choice hotel, despite the fact that this hotel was able to call and cancel my room so easily due to them both being Choice hotels, and that they don't do same day cancellation policy. I have went to sleepinn.com and looked for hotels in the Bluff Park area and was informed that they are working on currently working on servicing the area... this hotel was chosen for me by vacationsmadeeasy.com and NOT one of the ones we had discussed. I remember the exact description and how far away it was from everything... 8 minutes from some places... and was extremely stressed and disappointed to get here and realize that I had to pay for not only my hotel now (that I THOUGHT was taken care of), but I also now have to attempt to deal with their fraudulent practices.

My money has not been taken out of my Discover account yet, but has been put on hold by this company. Their policy of keeping "100% percent" of a refund is disgusting whenever they apparently set up vacations at a hiked rate or even SEND THEM TO THE WRONG PLACE and then say that their hands are tied. Avoid at all costs. It was cheaper for me to go through the hotel!!
 27th of Aug, 2010 by   cleric -1 Votes
I too was ripped off by these con artists. vacationsmadeeasy.com is ran by a con artist by the name of Matt Cook who is nothing but a thieve, a liar, and manipulator. They present everything on their website so well and when you arrive at the location, you find out that you overpaid and that you're not getting what you paid for. I'm currently going through a legal dispute with them trying to get my money back. STAY AWAY FROM THESE THIEVES.

Somadawn, I looks like they have a method on how to deal with their customers who are being ripped off by them. I went through the same sequence of events you have just described here after arriving at the hotel. It was a complete dump nothing like they had advertised on their website. I regused to have my family stay there so I booked somewhere else. When I tried to get at least my lodging money back, Matt Cook approached me with a very defensive attitude calling me a liar and dismissing my claims without any investigation done on his part. The experience was horrible. This almost ruined our vacation. BUYER BEWARE.
 23rd of Jan, 2011 by   NoahAllen +1 Votes
Sounds to me like none of you understand this service at all.

Your complaints are about the attractions when you arrive to them. Did you ever stop to think that perhaps the attractions are sending false information to Vacations Made Easy to increase their ticket sales? Do you really think that Vacations Made Easy is the one that generates the picture of the hotel or attraction? And are you really naive enough to believe that someone from Vacations Made Easy visits every one of these attractions and writes the description of it? If you are I'll tell you that all of the information that you're complaining about is sent from vendors to the website. You claim that this company is so malicious but if you'd stop and think for a second you'd realize where you complaint should be placed. The rates are under contract, and that contract is made between the vendor and facilitator and the party that stands to make the most in these sort of contracts is the vendor not the facilitator.

Grow a brain and use it a bit before you decide to complain.
 17th of Jul, 2011 by   lconner 0 Votes
I agree they are a rip-off. I have turned them into the Better Business Bureau. I booked on line- paid $880 for 4 nights hotel, various sight seeing - found out when I got the email to print tickets I got the 4 nights hotel and 1 sightseeing at a museum which they charged more for. I cancelled - they keep $100 and are giving me a "cerficicate " for $700. I have booked my own hotel and sightseeing and hope I am not out $880!
 19th of Aug, 2011 by   CharleneD 0 Votes
I have reviewed www.VacationsMadeEasy.com and it looks like they have provided information regarding their cancellation policies on every page. They even offer it just before you make your order. Sounds like people are just upset with themselves and won't admit they're too dumb/ignorant to stop for a second and look over a cancellation policy before they dish out several hundred dollars for a vacation. It's your own fault, people. Don't get pissed at a company who just follows their policies that are clearly available to anyone who wants to find them.
 26th of Aug, 2011 by   Amee Cook -1 Votes
Do not be fooled. NoahAllen and CharleneD are both Matt Cook. At least he cleans up his language for the internet. If you ever have the "pleasure" of talking to this guy he will insult and berate you. He gets off on it. Do not be intimidated. Continue to post your experiences and report these theives to the BBB. I hope that one upside of this struggling economy is that people will examine where they choose to spend their money and schysters like VME will be run out of business.
 21st of Nov, 2012 by   Marina Schaum 0 Votes
I was ripped- off too ! I had booked on line for a hotel reservation and 2 hours later had to cancel due to cancellation of my trip. Since I used my debit card they took my money immediately. When I tried to call to get refund they stated that I had to get a gift certificate in the amount and use their company only . I had only 12 months to use it, after that I will be charged 5% from my balance every month their after till balance is 0. This company is over priced and is a Fraud . I filed a complaint to better business burrow and plan to file with Attorney General office and as many companies as I can to prevent them from ripping -off others. If you did not do so, please do the same and file complaint with BBB, local attorney general office . I will contact other investigation services and let you know if any progress being done . Marina Schaum.
 14th of Mar, 2013 by   Monique M. S. 0 Votes
PLEASE DON'T BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY!!! I am currently reporting them to every organization I can to get them out of business! PLEASE DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY! They wait until the last minute to tell you if your reservation has been approved. They have a 48 hr cancellation policy, but do not give you enough time to cancel. Then they offer you a voucher for a cheaper hotel!
Consumers need to be warned about his company!
 11th of Jul, 2013 by   c rhoades 0 Votes
I agree this company over charged me 25% for a package 150.00 more than if I did it myself gave me reservations to the wrong hotel than the one I applied for then booked a regular room when I paid for a suite I called to get something resolved they told me there was nothing they could do I called back to speak to a manager and low an behold they blocked my phone number do not use this site ever they are crooks
 30th of Jun, 2014 by   Utter Nightmare 0 Votes
Utter disaster. VME chose this hotel as the hotel originally requested somehow became unavailable AFTER I reserved it. The hotel was a nightmare and very unsanitary. Making the best out of the worst, we got settled in and our room lost power. Manager was off site and the attender said he was not allowed to call him. Because power was lost, we were also locked out of the room. Nightmare. Because of the hotel's refusal to act on the situation, the police were called. The police resolved the problem quickly by speaking with the guy attending and we were offered a FULL REFUND. Once the police left, I was given a hard time about the refund as I was told I could get nothing printed or otherwise, but that VME would be e-mailed to process the refund. The police were called again as I was not certain they would process it. The police arrived again and made them give me a card with a written msg about the refund. The hotel said VME does not allow them to give their customers a receipt. Called VME today. No refund e-mail was sent. VME is now saying they do not give refunds. I NEVER received that in writing. It's not printed on the confirmation/reservations or website. Had it been, I would have NEVER used VME. Any reputable company cares about their customers and refunds are part of good business ESPECIALLY if the fault is on the behalf of the company. Currently awaiting a call back from VME as they now claim to have to investigate. How can they do an investigation with me, the customer? This sounds like a scam and I was taken for a few hundred dollars. Will see if they keep their word, if not, other avenues of restitution will be explored

The Mail Bag & Final Thoughts