logo

BES & Commercial Energy
Mis-sold energy contract & prices
5. (50 mins ago)
black onyx ring
One of the stones fell out on this 4 stone ring. How can I return it and get a replacement?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Mark888

Delivery of packages

Dmar Inc.
Brooklyn, New York
My zipcode is 11213 and this location depends on the post office at St. Johns Place in Brooklyn, NY. Being a heavy recipient and sender of packages, most of my experiences with my local office have been TERRIBLE. The worst part is that we actually pay for this horrible service. Many times I myself have seen the mailman put a "Sorry we Missed you" slip, WITHOUT any attempted delivery. And if I needed the package quickly, I had to go stand in a rediculously long line for hours just to receive my package because the mailman apparently "missed me" when I was in my place of the delivery all day. Customer Service is absolutely no help at all as well as many times they promised that I would get a call back but never did. Also the "redelivery" option is just as bad because I scheduled a redelivery 3 times and STILL have not received my package ! I have never had any of these problems with other carriers such as UPS and FedEx. From those carriers I have always gotten my packages on time without any problems. After all of my experiences with USPS, I am definately doing everything I possibly can to avoid using this carrier. It is not worth the time or money.
Comments United States Movement & Delivery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Jul, 2011 by   MaryJayn 0 Votes
I thought it was the particular location that I was in that was the issue because I've only been having difficulties with USPS since I moved to Bridgeport, CT. Recently, I received a "missed package" notice in the mail from USPS (I was very confused about this because I stayed home all day waiting on the package). I called USPS and scheduled a re-delivery for the next day. Well, the next day came and went and I received no package. I called USPS later that evening and told them about my situation and the customer service rep assured me that I would receive the package first thing in the morning. I waited patiently for my package once again. It wasn't until 7:30pm that I called again to inquire about my package. A different customer service rep then told me that the package was schedule to be delivered the following day by mistake (oh, how I wish I had just went to the post office). I asked the rep if I could just pick up the package from the post office at this point. She told me that the particular post office with my package "seems like it's closed on the weekends" but she insisted that the package would arrive on Saturday (weekend, no??). It's been 4 days and all I can do while waiting on my pre-paid package is wonder if this is a normal occurrence. It doesn't make me feel any better to to know that others are having similar issues because that only means that USPS is inefficient all across the board.
 9th of Jul, 2011 by   Cranky Old Lady 0 Votes
If you seen them leave the note, then you were there why did'nt you just yell at them & tell them to bring you your pkg. Or walk to their mail truck with them & get your pkg. yourself? Dont know how you think UPS Is any better, they drop your pkg. on your front porch, bang on your door Or ring the bell then they run off like their ass is on fire, whether your home or not. FEDEX Is the worst of the bunch the last time I was expecting a letter from them (that had a $5, 000.00 Check in it), Not only did they deliver it to the Wrong Address, They would'nt tell me what address they delivered it to Nor Would they go pick it up & Deliver it to my Address.I've never had a problem with the Post Office Delivering anything to my address.Maybe you need to take the time to treat your mail carrier like a person?

2011 Forecast: Stocks, Housing and Oil