logo

ebay magic scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Usenet.nl S.r.l, England, Greater Manchester Complaints & Reviews - Misleading Information

Usenet.nl S.r.l Contacts & Informations

Usenet.nl S.r.l

Posted:    Sylvia'sCandles

Misleading Information

Sylvia's Candles
Greater Manchester, England
United Kingdom
I have contacted the company concerned regarding my complaint but had no reply. I'm really concerned about their business practice and my experience. Usenet.nl offer a download service and offer a trial which you actually pay 1 euro for. When you have the trial confirmed with a PayPal receipt, there is absolutely no information in any email correspondence at all that after 14 days they take 99 Euro from your PayPal account! No warning and received an invoice for a year's subscription AFTER the money had been debited from my account. I wouldn't mind but the ten mins I tried the trial, the software didn't work and I didn't give it all another thought. Not once did I receive an email asking me if I wish to subscribe and the information on the website about the charges made are very misleading indeed and do not state it will be 99 Euro anywhere and have checked this. Is this allowed? According to Trading Standards, this is bad practice.
To top it all, with this money being taken without warning and without an invoice, it has resulted in taking my account over my overdraft and over £70 in bank charges so far from happy.
To add insult to injury, the company have not bothered to reply to me so in the meantime I am contacting the appropriate authorities about their practices and an Ombudsman and legal advice and happy to take this company to small claims court - the sheer principle of the matter.
Comments United Kingdom E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Nov, 2010 by   JVL8 +1 Votes
Sorry for this, but it is looking like it will be worse. I never heared what is Usenet, never had made any application, never got any bill, but just now I got on my private Address in Germany execution for non payment of some Bill I don´t know even what it is about. My Lawyers are having a Work and I went to know a existence of such company. Is it a company?
 19th of Dec, 2010 by   HCE +1 Votes
Usenet.nl, director Marco Carlini in San Marino, are swindlers.
They fool you into a trial period subscription, while promising you can download rare books from their site, and after you've filled in all the inscription information, you'll find out that they don't have these books!

Then you fill in a terminationform and receive a message that they have 250 or 325 other messages to answer and that you must wait 16 or 21 hours before they answer. Of course, they will never answer! They hope you forget about it.

So, send them (within 14 days!) a letter (by registered mail!) to San Marino (Via palma il Giovane n. 21; 47895 Domagnano; San Marino) that you want to terminate your trial period, otherwise they'll try to steal 100 euro or more from your account.

If your registered termination letter doesn't have the wanted result, you can request your bank or PayPal to reverse the stolen money. Don't forget to ask PayPal to finish deals with these crooks!
 24th of May, 2011 by   richie islands 0 Votes
Paypal and other banks which the mode of payments go through this company should stop dealing with them. If banks or other financial institution continue, they are accessory to the crime being committed. How can we contact, the business bureau at San Marino to file a complaint?

Are You A Shopaholic?