logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (8 mins ago)
seasonslovesshoes.com
Undelivered order, don’t buy from them
2. (11 mins ago)
Efaucets.com
You CAN get all your money back from eFaucets
3. (28 mins ago)
American Income Life
The Scam Continues!!!
4. (33 mins ago)
Ritter Communications
Crappy speeds, lots of downtime/disconnections, and piss-poor customer service
5. (40 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-02-13 by    natelan

Fraud

Usell.com
DO NOT USE USELL.COM!!!

I had switched from T-Mobile to Verizon and no longer needed my Samsung Memoir, which doesn't work on the Verizon network. My Samsung Memoir was in mint condition and was an 8 megapixel smart phone.

I considered three different cell phone mail in companies, but usell.com offered the biggest quote. I should have known there was something amiss when I noticed their quote was double the other two companies' quotes. I now realize that they over inflate their quotes as a bait and switch to steal your phone and your money.

Usell.com offered me approximately 70 dollars while the other two companies offered me 30-38 dollars.

When I finally got my check, it was for 18 dollars! I was sick to my stomach that my original assumption was correct; Usell.com is a scam. Being robbed of 50 bucks wasn't the worst part, but rather the shame I felt of thinking I might be walking into a scam, but subduing my better judgement by telling myself that I was being cynical and that this is a perfectly legal and ethical business venture, and then watching those initial fear come into fruition.

As soon as I emailed usell.com for an explanation, I was stone walled. Then, they had the utter audacity to tell me that the phone I sent them was actually a Samsung Behold, not a Samsung Memoir. The inclination I got was that they normally deal with people who don't know the difference between similar models, and that they could bully or convince me into believing that I sent them a completely different phone than the one I actually sent them. Unfortunately for them, I am a computer technician and former cell phone seller, and I know the difference between a Samsung Behold and a Samsung Memoir. I have never owned a Samsung Behold, so they are either lying to me to justify stealing 50 dollars from me, or they mixed up two customers' phones, either scenario is a justifiable reason for any potential new customer to avoid this wretched company.

They refused to supply me with a contact phone number or mailing address for escalation and I feel completely and thoroughly violated.

If there are any lawyers among us on this board, I would be a ready and willing participant in a class action lawsuit against usell.com, please email me at natelan@gmail.com to get this party started.

Also, to potential customers... A person claiming to represent usell.com will soon provide a comment to my complaint on this board. They will sound nice and try to diminish my complaint as a misunderstanding, and will claim that they are getting a bad wrap. But believe me when I tell you that the niceties exist only in these complaint forums. In private, via "customer service, " they will call you ignorant, stupid and try to silence and demean you.

Keep in mind that the CEO of usell.com has been convicted of defrauding the public with money for cash schemes, also a by-mail scam cooked up to steal your money. I didn't learn this fact until it was too late, but it's not too late for you to learn from my mistakes!

DO NOT USE USELL.COM!!!
Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Feb, 2011 by   natelan -1 Votes
A correction to my above complaint...

The CEO of Usell.com has been convicted of defraud the public by running a mail-in money for gold scam. I accidentally typed money for cash.

Accounts on the internet describe his prior money for gold schemes as lying about the type or quality of gold received, or lying about ever receiving the gold at all, both an attempt to give their customers less money than they deserve.

Business as usual, I see, since Usell.com also practices these unscrupulous and illegal methods.

DO NOT USE USELL.COM !!!
 13th of Feb, 2011 by   BiG Money +2 Votes
Why dont you have your dead grandmother buy you another phone?You know the one you claim the police killed.Maybe you should blame this on the police too?
 13th of Feb, 2011 by   BiG Money +1 Votes
Oh snap...that was your Aunt in 1983.
 13th of Feb, 2011 by   natelan -2 Votes
"Big Money, " if your redneck, stupid ass could read, you would know that I already replaced my cell phone. I got an HTC Droid Incredible, which is the nicest phone you can currently buy in America. You can't afford one.

Also, if your dumb ass could read, you would have realized that the Escondido police department killed my aunt, not my grandmother.

Stick to your amusing "faux hauler" posts, because I would tear a new asshole into your face and fuck it, if you want to tango, you dumb cunt.

USELL.COM IS A FRAUD, PEOPLE!!!

REFER TO MY ORIGINAL COMPLAINT.

USELL.COM IS A FRAUD!!!
Here's how it works:

1) Find the manufacturer or the name and model number on your phone. Then, use our search tool to find your phone. If you have more than one unwanted phone to sell, just click the 'Add Phones' button on the Quote Page. More phones = more money. And that's a good thing.

2) Make sure you enter your email, so we can keep you up-to-date through the process. And don't forget your shipping info so we can send you a free, postage-paid insured and secure return mailer for your phones.

3) When you're done, click on 'Checkout' and, congratulations, you've sold us your phones!

4) We'll send you your uSell Cash-for-Cell Kit in the mail. Just place your phones inside the prepaid mailer and drop it off at any USPS location. Once we receive your phones and match them to the info you provided and make sure they work, we'll email you confirmation that your check is on its way.

Note: please do not send your chargers, accessories or extra packaging materials. Your phones are all we need.

So what happens to your phone, then?

Our approach to recycling cell phones can be summed up in two words, secure and sustainable. First, we securely erase any data left on your old cell (we guarantee the best personal data protection in the industry) and then refurbish your phone to try to make it reusable. If that's not possible, we take the phone apart and properly recycle each piece. We have a 0% waste policy, so you'll never have to worry about your cell being tossed into a landfill.
 13th of Feb, 2011 by   BiG Money +1 Votes
My experience was very positive. I was impressed and really happy with the amount I received. I will definitely recommend you to my peers."
--Terrance C., Manassas, VA

"I was very pleased with your service and the experience. I have already requested another kit and will be telling my friends."
--Mickey G., Sebastian, FL

"Shortly after I sent in my phones, I received a payment of $205! My experience with uSell was great!"
--Josie W., Los Angeles, CA
 13th of Feb, 2011 by   BiG Money +1 Votes
So just who is uSell? Glad you asked.

We read a statistic one day that over 130 million cell phones are replaced every year in the United States. Yet only a small percent of those are recycled.

Well, needless to say, that got us thinking. Our company, uSell, is the result of us asking ourselves what can we do to help solve the problem.

With new phone models, operating systems and features coming out faster than you can blink an eye, consumers are upgrading their cells more frequently than ever before. And, that means, too often, unwanted cell phones are tossed in the junk drawer and then forgotten about.

Based on EPA estimates, over a billion wireless phones are gathering dust in households across the US and will likely end up in landfill, rather than being reused or recycled.

Our approach is simple: recognize the value of these electronic devices, offer cash incentives for customers to sell their phones, and then refurbish them, so they can be reused by people who need them most around the world.

We're pioneers in the buy-back-cell-phone market and offer solutions to consumers for the recycling of used personal electronics. And because we want to do this right, we're focused on making our service easy and reliable for our customers and, most importantly, good for the environment.
uSell Your Phone
Before March 1st and
Get a $10 Bonus
Every customer who sends us a phone with a value of $50 or more as assessed at our processing facility, will receive a $10 bonus check. Phones must be postmarked before March 15, 2011 to qualify. Offer limited to one phone per customer.
Cell Phones Terms And Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions govern each transaction between you and uSell and are legally binding on you as a user of the uSell web site and/or as a customer of uSell. Your use of the uSell web site indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Use of uSell.com may be terminated or suspended for noncompliance of these Terms and Conditions. In addition, use of this site can be terminated for any reason we deem necessary, at our sole discretion, to protect ourselves and/or other users of the site.

Requirements for Use and Transactions
You warrant to uSell that you have;
provided us complete and accurate information to include your name, mailing address and e-mail; and
good and marketable title to the property you send in; and
full authority to sell and transfer said property; and that
said property is sold free of all liens, encumbrances, liabilities, and adverse claims of every nature and description whatsoever; and that
said property is not from, or the result of, illegal activity in this country or any other country; and that
you are at least eighteen (18) years of age; and that
any transaction initiated by you will not cause uSell to be in violation of any anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism, or other applicable law of the U.S., any state or any foreign country; and that
you are the actual legal owner of any and all property offered to be sold to uSell and you are acting on your own behalf.
Guarantee Against Loss/Limitation of Liability
In the event you properly use our provided Cash-for-Cell Kit and mailing label, and your shipment is initially scanned by the carrier, your items will be insured against loss for up to $100. If you wish to insure your shipment for more than $100, you may do so at your own expense with the United States Postal Service at any Post Office. uSell utilizes the services of third party carriers such as the United States Postal Service and their tracking applications will be the sole proof that your items were shipped to uSell. In the event you use your own packaging, you must insure your property with the carrier for its full value and if it is lost or stolen prior to reaching uSell you must make a claim against the carrier. uSell reserves the right to reject delivery of any uSell return Cash-for-Cell Kit or package that appears to be damaged, opened, or tampered with. uSell will have no liability to you for any such attempted delivery or return of any such items.
Except as expressly provided in these terms and conditions, uSell will have no liability to you whatsoever, whether arising in connection with your use of the uSell Web site, a return mailer, loss of phone or any other property or for any other reason, including, without limitation, uSell’s own acts or omissions. In no event will uSell's liability to you exceed One Hundred Dollars ($100.00). uSell will not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, incidental, consequential, punitive, loss of profit or opportunity, other than as expressly set forth in these Terms and Conditions. By submitting your items, you explicitly and expressly accept this limitation of liability.
In order to receive a loss guarantee payment or other remuneration from uSell, you must submit a claim form provided by uSell and certain other documentation. You may submit a claim form any time after at least thirty (30) days after the date of shipment. Failure to comply with these requirements will constitute a waiver by you, and result in the denial by uSell of your claim.

Product Appraisal, Valuation and Transaction Acceptance
Pricing quoted at uSell.com is valid when:
uSell receives phones for appraisal at our processing facility within 15 days from the date a registered customer receives a quote via the uSell Web site; and
phones shipped are in working condition and meet the following criteria:
a. phones are the age, make and model you received a quote for; and
b. phones power-up and make an industry standard test call from our processing facility; and
c. phones are not broken, crushed, water damaged or have broken LCD's; and
d. plastic cases are complete and intact.
If any of the above criteria are not met upon appraisal, uSell reserves the right to alter the quoted price, which may include reducing the actual price paid to zero ($0). Regardless of the actual appraised price, we cannot return any phones to you. The shipment of your phone(s) confirms your acceptance to have your phones appraised and processed. By sending your phones to us, you agree to accept our appraisal of them and either:
our payment amount to you; or
if we find your phones to have no value, our recycling them responsibly on your behalf.
Each mobile phone must have a valid Electronic Serial Number (ESN) or International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI). Phones with outstanding balances associated with the ESN number, or listed as lost or stolen cannot be accepted for sale but will be recycled responsibly. Battery chargers and related accessories have no value; please do not sent them to us.

Removing Data from Your Phone
uSell’s standard practice is to remove all data and/or stored files from your phone; however, uSell makes no guarantee that it will do so. Before shipping your phones, you should remove all data which may include, but is not limited to: phonebook information, personal codes, e-mail addresses, personal addresses, IM addresses, photos, and downloaded files. By sending uSell your phone, you agree to release us from any claim as to the product, the data stored in such product, or any information on any media used in conjunction with the product. uSell is not responsible for any loss suffered by you due to any data that is not erased from the device and transferred to a third party.

Deactivation of Phones Prior to Shipping
It is the user's responsibility to deactivate service on all mobile phones prior to shipping to uSell. uSell will not be responsible for airtime or any other charges accrued prior to, during, or after any transaction. It is the responsibility of the original user and wireless carrier/service provider to resolve payment issues regarding any and all carrier-based service charges.

Payment Procedures
A check is mailed to you upon appraisal of your phones at our processing facility.

Choice of Law, Waiver, and Claims
You expressly agree that these Terms and Conditions, and all uSell transactions, will be exclusively governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions. uSell’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions will not be deemed to be a waiver of such right or provision. If any of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Cash-for-Cell Kit or otherwise with uSell must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. Any such claim or cause of action must be filed in the State or Federal Courts of Broward County, Florida. uSell will be entitled to reimbursement for any and all costs incurred by it in defending any civil action filed or attempted to be filed in any jurisdiction outside of Broward County, Florida, including but not limited to, attorney's fees incurred by uSell.

Indemnification
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless uSell against any and all liability, claims, suits, losses, costs and legal fees (paid in advance) caused by, arising out of or resulting from any breach or claimed breach by you of these Terms and Conditions, including claims brought by third parties. You further warrant that you will fully defend, protect, indemnify, and hold harmless uSell and its lawful successors and assigns from any adverse claim thereto.

Copyright /Trademark Notice
uSell.com is owned and operated by uSell. Materials on this site, unless otherwise specified, including the text, site design, logos, graphics, icons, images as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof, are the sole property of uSell. No materials from this site may be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means without prior written permission. Unauthorized use of the materials appearing on this site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
 13th of Feb, 2011 by   BiG Money 0 Votes
What we’re asked most.

Q. How do I sell my phone?
A. First, you type in the make and model in the Search bar and select the phone you want to sell. Then, we give you an instant quote, telling you what your phone is worth.

Q. What types of phones can I sell?
A. All brands of cell phones are accepted.

Q. Does my phone need to be working?
A. Yes. When we receive your phone, it must be able to power up and make a call and have a damage-free LCD screen. If it doesn’t, we won’t be able to pay you for your phone, but we will recycle it for you free of charge.

Q. How long do I have to send you my phone?
A. We must receive your phone within 15 days of the date you got your quote. Because a cell phone’s value depreciates quickly, if you wait any longer to send it in, you’ll likely receive an adjusted quote (and often less money) based on the market conditions.

Q. Can I send in more than one phone?
A. Yes. You can send in as many phones as you like, but keep in mind that the newer the phone and better the condition, the more money you get back.

Q. Do I need to send in the accessories that came with my old cell phone?
A. Nope. Your phone is the only thing we need. Please do not send in chargers, accessories or extra packaging materials.

Q. What happens to my cell phone?
A. First, we test and repackage your phone at our processing facility. And then, it’s ready to be reused around the world. If your phone cannot be reused, we properly recycle it for you.

Q. What if I can’t find my phone model?
A. Just visit our Support page and tell us the manufacturer and model number and we can let you know if it’s eligible for payment or if we’d recycle it, instead.

Q. How do I find my phone’s model number?
A. Your model number is typically listed on the back of your phone, underneath your battery. So just open your phone, remove its battery and check the ID sticker on the back of it.

Q. What about the personal data on my phone?
A. As part our commitment to protecting your privacy, our standard practice is to remove all data from phones. However, we encourage you to do so yourself.

Q. When will I get my money?
A. Your check will be mailed in just a few weeks after we receive your phone(s) in the mail. We’ll even send you emails telling you things like when we receive your Cash-for-Cell Kit, when your phone is processed and when we’ll mail your check.

Q. What if my phone gets lost in the mail?
A. Every cell phone you send in is automatically insured by uSell for up to $100.

Q. If I change my mind, can you send my phone back to me?
A. Sorry, no. Once you accept your quote, complete your transaction and send us your phone, we cannot return it.

Q. Why do you need my mailing and email address?
A. We need your mailing address so we can send you the free, postage-paid secure and insured Cash-for-Cell Kit so you can send us your phones. And as part of our commitment to customer service, we will be sending you emails to keep you up-to-date throughout the process.

Q. What if I have a question that isn’t already answered here?
A. No worries. Just go to our Support page, click on the
 13th of Feb, 2011 by   natelan -1 Votes
Dear "Big Money, "

I appreciate you adding to my complaint. I'm sorry that usell.com has also defrauded you out of your phone and hard earned money.

Usell.com is stealing money from all of us, so I hope that both of us can find justice.
 16th of Mar, 2011 by   matty21 0 Votes
good for you big money you can copy and paste words did your dog teach you that you fucking goon
 16th of Mar, 2011 by   matty21 0 Votes
--Terrance C., Manassas, VA

--Mickey G., Sebastian, FL

--Josie W., Los Angeles, CA

and all of these are all fakes just like the website i got fucked over too sorry to here about your aunt i hope thay burn in hell !!!
 16th of Mar, 2011 by   inertia40 0 Votes
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE FRAUDS. There is a pattern of abuse, they quote you high prices and then send you a check for one to three dollars after you wait for the check 3 months. They attach a FORM LETTER that says your phone does not meet requirements so your check is lower that the quoted price...PURE B.S. DONT FALL FOR THERE TV COMMERCIALS!
 11th of Apr, 2011 by   apreppy1 0 Votes
So, what are the legitamite websites to send your phones into, please!? THanks!
 15th of May, 2011 by   cowgirl11407 0 Votes
Regardless of Big Money coping things off the site, it helped me. I didnt have to waste my time searching anything he let me know it all right here. So now i will not be a victom of Usell.com. Also i dont thinks people need to start crap on complaints, you didnt experince the the person writing did. If you dont wanna read thier complaint dont! Also you dont need to bring in personal feeling like someone did, thats messed up!

Anyways thank you very much Big Money!
Nichole
 15th of May, 2011 by   cowgirl11407 0 Votes
Also Natelan, I appreciate you letting go when Big money was being rude. He should have never said that!Thank you aswell for your in put. Im so glad I searched Usell.com first, any luck with getting anything back from them??
 28th of Jan, 2012 by   Rocsin 0 Votes
Domain service provider: web domain registrant information for usell.com.
Technical Contact:
Technology, Information it@upstreamworldwide.com
Upstream Worldwide Inc
200 E Broward Blvd
Suite 1200
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301

ISP service provide: This domain translates to an IP address of 50.56.53.142. This IP address is owned by:
Name Cloud Loadbalancing as a Service-LBaaS (ORD)
Handle C02752681
Street 9725 Datapoint
City San Antonio
State/Province TX
Postal Code 78225
Country US
reference: http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-50-56-52-0-1/pft
This is company has no abuse but is provided service by rackspace.com (abuse@rackspace.com).
Here's what you do, send an email to the following addresses:
abuse@rackspace.com
abuse@upstreamworldwide.com
it@upstreamworldwide.com
In the email state that you are informing them of fraudulent activity conducted by their customer "usell.com" and that by providing service to them they are enabling this activity. Request their help is stopping this activity. Detail the issues you have and point them to links on the web showing the scam. Try and keep it to the point and matter of fact - abuse departments get 1000's of emails a day.
In addition here are the contact details for upstreamworldwide.com -- call them and complain.
Chief Executive Officer Doug Feirstein
Office No.: (954) 915-1550
Chief Financial Officer: Daniel Brauser
Office No.: (954) 915-1550
Chairman of the Audit Committee: Grant Fitzwilliam
Office No.: (954) 907-1209
Outside Legal Counsel: Michael D. Harris, Esq.
Office No.: (561) 478-7077
Whistle Blower Hotline:
Toll free North America:
Toll free Outside of U.S. and Canada: Toll free fax (North America only):
(888) 883-1499 (203) 557-8604 (866) 253-5201.

Tips for Keeping Your Online Business Safe