logo

Search4tshirts.com/Trendyhats.com llc
Unprofessional/ripped off/scammers
2. (0 mins ago)
POST MY CV or AMK Travels
FRAUDS cheating money in the name of Job service
3. (4 mins ago)
PEPSI INTERNATIONAL MOBILE DRAW
pepsi award
4. (15 mins ago)
Richmark Gutter Company- Beware
Richmark Gutter Company- Ostrander Ohio - BEWARE CUSTOMERS
5. (23 mins ago)
Guocai Xue
Seller stopped to reply after she got my money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2011-01-02 by    NiceGuy2010

Scam

Usell.com
usell.com
I tried the Usell.com website knowing that it was probably a scam, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to send in some old phones that were lying around collecting dust. They promised money for cell phones sent in, as long as it could power up, make phone calls, and the LCD screen was undamaged. I received a quote for two cell phones, that both meet the requirements previously stated, on 11/03/10. These phones were in perfect working order. The first quote was for an LG Envy 2 and was for just under $30 the second quote for for just under $20 for an Lg Chocolate 2. After waiting nearly 2 months I figured my assumption was correct and it was a scam, but I received an email saying my check was in the mail. I received a check on 12/29/10 for $9 stating that if it was for the wrong amount it was because my phone didn't meet the requirements. I have yet to receive any communication about the second phone. The company does not provide a customer service phone number and even though you are provided with a user name and password I have yet to find a way to login and check on my account. I have also received no responses to my emails sent to their customer service department. Long story short this is a nice idea but it is a scam. I hope they truly recycle the phone, but don't send in a phone expecting money in return.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jan, 2011 by   cursedgriffin 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. I sent in my phone 3 weeks ago and they still claim they haven't recieved it yet. However, my phone was valued at $78.
 12th of Feb, 2011 by   natelan 0 Votes
Usell.com also defrauded me. I sent them a Samsung Memoir, which they quoted at 70 dollars, and then they sent me a check for 18 dollars instead.

When I emailed them, they claimed that I sent them a Samsung Behold, which is a totally different phone. I have never owned a Samsung Behold. They lied, they stole, they cheated.

They eventually stopped answering my email and refused to give me any phone numbers or addresses to escalate the issue.

Whenever a class action lawsuit opens up, I want to be a part of it.

Lawyers, my email address is natelan@gmail.com and I am willing to appear in court. Thank you.
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   Ms Hollis +1 Votes
We must always be wary of fast companies such as Usell... I located some information the BBB website that may helpful to you all as well as myself I am about to send in phones as of today...this morning...Also for future reference use the Sunbiz .org or any business license fictious name saerch all legitamate companies must have one and also be registered with there state and county some states require both county and city filings...

S. Hollis...serenahollis68@yahoo.com

File Open Date: December 2010
Type of Business: Cellular Telephone Equipment & Supplies
BBB Accreditation: This company is not a BBB Accredited busine
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   karmasabitch78 +1 Votes
i am also like most of you whom got ripped off.. i sent in 2 perfectly good working phones valued at $56.. got their shipping "bag" which was basically safe enough to protect my sandwich when i was in grade school. so i thought to myself, let me take an extra step and bubblewrap them for safety.. so now i wait.. and to my surprise i got a check from usell.com within a week. i was super stoked and opened it right away.. my excitement haulted abruptly since the check was now for $12.60. ive contacted them on their facebook fan page with NO replies and also emailed them with surprisingly NO replies.

they are a joke and need to be brought down ASAP.
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   Jennifer Holley 0 Votes
I sent two phones also into usell.com . The phones were LGUX280 and they quoted me $69.00 per phone. After a month i e-mailed them and they said I was quoted for a totally different phone because that is the serial numbers I put in. I have never owned that type of phone so how could I have made that mistake. They said my two Lg phones are worth nothing and they can not send my phones back to me. This is a scam to get good working phones. My phones worked perfect and only one year old, I paid over $100.00 each. Jennifer Holley dragonwife3@yahoo.com
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   yourattorneyforusell 0 Votes
you can report usell.com to the FTC or attorney general.
 16th of Mar, 2011 by   MeyersmanQ +1 Votes
I was quoted at $45 and just got a check for $75. No complaints from this guy.
 17th of Mar, 2011 by   bassplay12387 -1 Votes
i just sent my phone in 2 weeks ago and recieved the email that my payment was late and sorry for the inconvenience i sent in a few black berry bolds that ive had and all valued at 68 dollars i wish i would of read this forum ealier i will get back to you people if i dont get over what i sent out chris golomb punkmisfit2009@yahoo.com
 18th of Mar, 2011 by   jcpleiss 0 Votes
i sent u 12 cell phones and i was suppose to get like almost $300.00 and i just opened the check and it was for $5.00 you freaking people burned me bad i sent you

1/ motorola tundra va76r $62.00 + $10.00 = $72.00
9/ motorola T720c $ 2.00 = $ 2.00
10/ motorola v35 $ 0.00 = $ 0.00
11/ sanyo scp-3810 $ 3.00 = $ 3.00
12/ samsung sph-m350 $2.00 = $ 2.00

that = $ 228.00 so minus the $ 5.00 you owe me $223.00 i want it asap !!!
thats why u do not have a freaking # to talk to someone live i sent 12 phones in 2 of your bags one had my name
john pleiss @ jcpleiss@rcn.com

the other bag had my wifes name christine pleiss @
chpleiss@rcn.com or
jcpleiss@rcn.com

call me on my cell
610 739-7753 asap !!!
 24th of Mar, 2011 by   Bo Tran 0 Votes
Usell is a dirty thief that steals our trust and money.
My case is similar to those one above. They quoted higher than they actually paid. And when I said I want my cell phones back, they said that their policy is that "we do not send phones back once we receive them." What a thief.
Hope the authorities can do something with this company.
Hope no more people will get scam with this dirty thief.
 25th of Mar, 2011 by   Blob 2 0 Votes
Yeah, They screwed me also, I sent hem an Iphonr 3G valued by them @ $120.00 guess what I got ? the middle finger
 26th of Mar, 2011 by   Jvickr 0 Votes
Got me also!! Sent them 4 phones in perfect working condition. 3 Iphone 3G and ATT Tilt all valued supposedly $249.00 Received my check today for a whopping $18.20 WOW!!!
 28th of Mar, 2011 by   Lovenothate89 0 Votes
Usell.com USA Corporate Office Headquarters HQ Address
200 E BROWARD BLVD. STE 1200 FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida 33301 Corporate Phone Number:
Fax Number:
Email Address: support@usell.com
 29th of Mar, 2011 by   Lenise +1 Votes
This is a total rip off.. please add my name to the list of complaintants.. montaguelenise@hotmail.com
 30th of Mar, 2011 by   Lisaray 0 Votes
I agree Usell is a HUGE scam.I sent them a Blackberry Tour 9630 and was quoted $32.00 I got that check. The next week 2 sent 2 phone worth $67.00 it's been over a month. I haven't heard anything, no email no nothing, This company is full of shit and something need yo be done about it.
 30th of Mar, 2011 by   Jennifer Holley 0 Votes
Contact NFIC complaint board if you want something done about USell. Just contact your attorney generals office and file a formal complaint. I did if enough people do this maybe they will get what they have coming to them.
 2nd of Apr, 2011 by   Fallon Payne +1 Votes
Same happened to me, wish I would have seen these complaints before I sent the phone in. I figured it wasn't a scam because they have a pretty legit commercial on tv that plays ALL the time but I sent in a phone they quoted to send me $80 for and I haven yet to see a check. I also was sent a password to login to their website but oh wait, they don't have anywhere to "login"!
 18th of Apr, 2011 by   martels73 0 Votes
I sent my palm pixi plus phone for a quote of 400.00 and have recieved 0.00. I complained to the maine atterney generals office I am so mad. I can't believe It was a scam since it was advertised on tv, I thought it would be safe. It's just not right:(
 21st of Apr, 2011 by   Jessy1023 0 Votes
I sent in a cellphone priced at $65 because it was a touch screen, if there is a class action sue please contact me at ladeejade1023@aim.com

Ebay Paypal Scam, Seller Beware!

Latest Groups