logo

electronics8881.com
Beware
2. (8 mins ago)
Weekly Youth Pay
Website is scam – don’t waste time
3. (20 mins ago)
Scammers

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

USCIS Complaints & Reviews - Poor service!

USCIS Contacts & Informations

USCIS

Posted:    Dana Lemus

Poor service!

I filed a petition for my finance 4/2006 and was approved. My finance went to his interview 1/22/07 and it was sent back to USCIS in California and now I will have to pay 455.00 to file this again because they are telling me that the validity period has expired. #1. it was out of my hands as it took then sooo long to process that it expired and #2. USCIS has the authority to extend validity periods and wont. Is this all about money? So, people that abide by the laws and rules are being taken advantage of in the meantime I am working hard, paying taxes to take care of the illegal aliens that have not been forced to go through this process.
Comments United States Government & Police
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of May, 2008 by   vkh 0 Votes
so far you have gotten lucky, hopefully you wont have to go through too much more.
i have been married for almost 10 years now and have been struggling to get my green card for the whole time. I came into this country legally. So far i have paid thouands of dollars and i was just told i am going to have to file everything all over again, so now i have to pay thousands more... very frustrating and demotivating. Good luck to you!
 2nd of Jul, 2008 by   ska +2 Votes
The USCIS is terrible. Everything is mysterious and no one can tell you anything even though they are very nice about it. They are very very slow and make a lot of stupid mistakes that mess up your case, and your life, and your families' lives as a result.
 2nd of Jul, 2008 by   RIDHA BEN HAJ BELGACEM +2 Votes
I have been suffering from USCIS discrimination since 2003. I applied for green card through labor depertment on 2001 I got aprouved for that. I recieved a reciept said that I will get my green card on one year from 2003, however USCIS send me notice for special registration for muslim people wich I think that is one of the biggest mistake USA made torse all the immigrant and specialLy torse muslim immigrant. anyway my attorney adviced me to not to go to the registration. I lost the case .
I applied for green card second time through marriage to USA citizen. My I 130 was prouved on October 2006, however I did not got my green card because VT IMMIGRATION office does not Kwant to send my old file to TAMPA FL OFFICE. IT is now more than 2 years and VT OFFICE does not want to send my file . USCIS recieved my FIB check and it was clear. However every time I go to immigration office they tell me its background check ... IS 2 YEARS NOT ENOUGHT FOR BACKGROUND CHECK. I CONTACT THE DIRECTOR OF VT OFFICE MR NOVAK, he sent a letter saying I HAVE TO WAIT FOR BACKGROUND CHECK AND I SHOULD NOT CONTACT HIM ANYMORE.IT IS THE WORSE SERVICE IN THE WORLD . IT IS WORSE THAN THIRD WORLD. IF I DO NOT HAVE KIDS BORN HERE AND MY WIFE is USA CITIZEN I WOULD NOT STAY ANY MORE. I HAD TO PAY HIGHT INTERST RATE TO BUY A HOUSE BECAUSE MY GREEN CARD STILL PENDING. I WAS DENIED HOME STEAD FOR MY HOUSE TAXES, I AM PAYING 340 EVERY YEAR TO RENEW MY WORK PERMIT AND I HAVE TO PAY TO RENEW MY DRIVER LICENSE every year, I HAVE TO PAY FOR MY MASTER DEGREE AS INTERNATIONAL STUDENT TUITION WHICH DOUBLE THE PRICE ...ALL OF THIS BECAUSE VERY BAD SERVICE AND DISCREMINATION FROM USCIS.
MY SUGGESTION USCIS SHOULD PROUVE ANY CASE are HOLDING FOR BACKGROUND CHECK, AND TAKE WHATEVER THEY WANT TO DO BACKGROUND CHECK IF THEY FIND ANYTHING THEY CANCEL THE GREEN CARD.
THE WORSE THING IS NO ONE CAN GIVE A SOLID ANSWER OR A SOLID TIME FRAME.NO BODY LISTEN TO YOU. IF U NEED TO KNOW MORE SUFFERING PLEASE FELL FREE TO ASK. I KNOW WHY THEY DOING THAT . THEY SAID ALREADY INTHE TV AND IN THE RADIO, " WE DID A MISTAKE GIVE THEM VISA WE SHOULD NOT DO ANTHER MISTAKE AND GIVE THEM GREEN CARD" THEM=MUSLIM. I KNOW THEY ARE PLAYING IN OUR NERVES ...
THANKS FOR READING MY EMAIL
 30th of Jul, 2008 by   ABBEY 0 Votes
i and my 2 brothers filled for citizenship on january, i went for my own finger print on febuary 20th 2008.now am still waiting on my interview and my 2 brothers have went for interviw already, and they called them for swear inn, pls what is delying my, and i never in my life commited any felony.pls.
 5th of Dec, 2008 by   Chris 0 Votes
This is fairly light compared to some of the other comments, but my wife and I just applied for her greencard and they sent me a request for additional evidence, my tax return of something of that nature. On the form it says that I have 60 days to respond or they will cancel the application but when I try to get information from their customer service on the status, they say I have to wait 60 days for them to process it..! If someone dropped it on the floor somewhere, maybe the mailroom or my postman for that matter, then my application will be canceled without me ever being able to check on it. I'm also mad that it takes me more than 15 minutes to actually find a customer service rep on the phone by going through all the menus.
 13th of Feb, 2009 by   pcakes -1 Votes
well heres a bonus for you all.

I payed the new fees for filing for citizenship. i did the fingerprinting and so forth.

just got back from the interview and was told i have been a citizen for 8 years because of my parents.

SERIOUSLY! so why did you even accept my form and charge me

NOW i have to pay 500 for the certificate and 100 for a password. Can you say i just got screwed on that one.

Called a lawyer and of course he said just give it up because youll have to fight the government for a refund.

Now thats how you treat a citizen .
 1st of Apr, 2009 by   Irrate Applicant 0 Votes
Just called to get status of my N565 application for naturalization certificate as the status was not showing online or over the phone.
The phone rep. gets mad at 'me' for not knowing that it may take upto 45 days for the status of application to show on online or on phone and that it too is my fault that I don't get revelations about the fact that no where in application or online does it say about taking upto 45 days to show the status.
wth???
Is there anyway to complain about the non-stop crappy service from the toll-free call center?
 5th of Sep, 2009 by   pwel +1 Votes
May be we should donate fast computers to these agencies ... why does processing few documents take months and months? They can hire a few tech companies that can show them how to cross check and verify information instantly. Unless there are hidden agenda, all this time that these agencies take make no sense. Citizens should write and demand to their congress representatives for more efficient agencies and faster processing times.
 10th of Sep, 2009 by   hsp 0 Votes
We filled I 485 in january 2006 we got greencard in 90 days. Uscis didnot make rules they make rules in december 2008 and after they start give greencard in march 2009 mostly people got greencard i still did not get greencard they open my file in april 30 they send me fingureprint and medical again i did and send back everyting in june 2. My 4 friends got fingureprint only they got greencard in one week after figureprint. I try to findout what wrong in my case they send me latter no attony infromation and they send same latter my attony. You belive how they make mistake like that. I have workautorization card i applied for mechanical and welding licence. Construcation board people called Uscis they say he have no status so i no got my reneal my licence. Without licence i cannot got job right now i have no job what i do? I contect local uscis office they said you have status fill out this form and send in uscis in califonia. I did still i no got any reply. One person make small mistake and my whole family suffer that.What i need to do ? How to solve this problem?
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by   kumar87 +1 Votes
i would just like to say that our immigration policies are way to lenient. i think you should be thankful that you are allowed to live in the US with the freedoms that you now have, and quit griping about having to pay a few extra dollars. :X
 12th of Oct, 2009 by   Raheel Aslam -1 Votes
I have been trying from last 1 hour and its 4:00 Pm but they are not replying. The options does not have customer service category and it is so hard. I am putting correct receipt number but it just says that incorrect. and there is no customer service to help and it just hang up right there.
I am sick tired to these options
 19th of Mar, 2010 by   omar47238 0 Votes
to calluscis and get someone real to talk to you simply type the following digits...one second between each...1, 2, 3...good luck!
 4th of Jun, 2010 by   APOLLO9999 0 Votes
OFFICER BAUM and OFFICER MARTINEZ ARE THE MOST RUDE PEOPLE THAT I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. THEY BOTH HANGED UP ON MY PHONE CALL WITHOUT EVEN LETTING ME KNOW.

INS: I DISLIKE YOU MORE EVERY TIME. SOME OF YOUR PEOPLE ARE EXTREMELY NICE, BUT ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO DISCLOSE SO LITTLE INFORMATION. THE MAJORITY OF YOUR PEOPLE ARE BELOW A GRADE LEVEL EDUCATION, BUT THAT SHOULD NOT BE A BARRIER TO PROVIDE GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. MY NIECE IS 6 YEARS OLD AND SHE IS MORE POLITE THAN THE MAJORITY OF YOUR EMPLOYEES. SO SAD, SO MUCH FOR THE US INS, SO LITTLE TO OFFER WHEN IT COMES TO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND EFFICIENCY.

:[ :[ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{
 3rd of Sep, 2010 by   Aselb +1 Votes
USCIS has a very poor service. They are making people stupid and are just after money!. I got here on May 19. 2010 on a fiancee visa. A week after my arrival, I malied in an application for work authorization (I-765). They received the application june 3rd and they approved it Aug 13, 2010. It pissed me off because when i got the card, the validity period is only from Aug 13th - Aug 17th 2010. So it was already expired when I got it in the mail on Aug 20th. I called them and asked why? The customer representative said that if you applied for I-765 before marriage, it will expired whenever your K1 visa expired. My visa expired on Aug 17th, 2010 that's why. and guess what, when i checked the status over the phone, they mailed me the card on Aug 17th, the date opf it's expiration! WTF! My fiancee paid 340dollars for that! Now, I have to wiat forever again for the I-765 I submitted with my I-584 before i can apply for a job! I wonder how long will it take for them to adjudicate the I-765! hope they will not give me an expired one again!
 27th of Sep, 2010 by   angiefiguz +1 Votes
On the past May I became a US citizen while I was residing in Argentina. During 15 years I tried returning to the US, and the petition was always denied. I had the same right to become a US Citizen back then as I have now. Why holding me away from my family and the country in which I lived since I was three months old until my sixteenth birthday? This is my case. When I was a minor I went to Colombia to study. My whole family, most of them US citizens by birth, and my father whom by that time was already a US citizen traveled with me to Colombia. After some time, they decided to return for good to the US. All of them were able to except me. I stood 15 years of my life separated from them. They denied the right to have the US citizen for so long, I traveled to Argentina and lived there for a couple of years, and tried once more to obtain the US citizenship, since I knew I had the right to because my father became a US citizen when I was still a minor. They finally gave it to me, I am thankful with the US embassy in Argentina. But very upset with the US embassy in Colombia and Immigration services in the US I dont think it is fair at all. Fifteen years away from my family and all that it implies.
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I CAN PROCEED LEGALLY AGAINST THEM FOR DISCRIMINATION?...
I hope you all luck with everything.. at least there is this place to complain...
 29th of Jun, 2011 by   USCIS - A Mysterious Place +1 Votes
I too have been mistreated by the USCIS.

First, they put THE WRONG VALIDITY DATES on my employment card.

After 5 expedite requests with that STUPID HOTLINE number they keep throwing in your face, even the representatives CONCLUDED THAT THEY HAVE DONE EVERYTHING THEY CAN ON THEIR SIDE.

They then advised me to just CONTINUE TO WRITE SNAIL MAIL COMPLAINTS TO THE VERMONT SERVICE CENTER.

GUESS WHAT?

The Vermont Service Center replied my email and said "Please use our Hotline instead, otherwise we won't talk to you."

THIS IS DESTROYING MY LIFE!!!
 15th of Jul, 2011 by   USCIS - A Mysterious Place 0 Votes
Does any unfortunate soul out there feel like USCIS is like an assassination?

They could pick out and destroy a handful of lives in the flock, and NOBODY would ever notice.

In fact, if you attempt to explain the idiocracy of how they work - people will look at you like as if you were totally Bonkers?
 27th of Nov, 2012 by   IH8USCIS 0 Votes
USCIS is the worst agency that we have. You'd litterally get better advise from a hispanic working the drive through at Mc Donalds. The phone number is a complete waist of time. Before I started the Process I was that I would need to file an I129F under a K3 status because my wife and I are already married. Mind you this was what I was told by USCIS. approx. a month later I recieved a rejection notice saying that i had filed the wrong form and that I needed to file an I130 petition for alien relative. I filed the petition (sent in with the original I129F and another month later I recieved another rejection notice stating that I needed to file an I129F. At this point I was so frustrated that I went to the USCIS office and was told that I needed to file a non immigrant petition for a B2 medical Visa to get my wife here. What are these people thinking. Anyways I tried that to no avail at a cost $320.00 plus a lot of waisted time. Now when I call the USCIS I get hung up on told that they cant help me because I dont have my reciept number and that i need to change my attitude toward them When i asked to speak to their supervisor I was immediately hung up on. I called back again after getting hung up on 4 times in a row I spoke to a nicer lady that said she would give my phone number to the supervisor and that i could expect a call in about 15 minutes (never happened) Today I recieved a phone call from the USCIS asking me to take a survey about my customer service experience with them in which I stated that they are the biggest waist of taxpayer dollars that we have! I am fed up with the way that our government treats us. like we dont work hard enough or we are undeserving of having a happy family. USCIS is responsible and needs to be held accountable for there actions what they do is as bad if not worse than fraud as they are defrauding Americans and Immigrants alike who are just trying to do the right thing. I would very much like to file a class action lawsuit against the USCIS and the US Embassy in Manila and make them pay back the millions of dollars that all of us with immigration issues have paid for. These people are ripping my family apart with no one to answer to period.
This is a message to Hillary Clinton I could care less about hearing about some lady whining about her not wanting to work or the CIA director having an affair some slut. I want my issues resolved and want them resolved now!!! Do your job or quit so someone else can do it right!!!
 19th of Jan, 2013 by   Edward Kirch 0 Votes
I have had it up the whazoo with these people.
Totally useless teats.
It takes a one week job... an Adjusment of Status... from K-1 to whatever... YEARS.
My suggestion, folks, is sue the pricks till they have nothing more to give... class action... a fine case with many excellent complaints...
I would be happy to join. Personally... I have no financial interest in any ultimate settlement... but... I do think that these incompetent, and lazy, idiots, need to be disciplined.

My own case... came in on a K-1, fulfilled the conditions, filed papers for Adjusment in Status, 13 months ago, nothing heard yet.
A ONE WEEK JOB... but heck no... these idiots take years to process the most simplest of matters.

So yes... I hope some smart lawyer.. sues these idiots.

My name... Edward Leaonard Kirch
Phone... 203 803 6098
email elcangrejo51@Qyahoo.ca

come one folks talk... maybe the only thing they understand is Legal Action.

Up to now... Immigration Reform is all about accusing the so called Illegals of doing something wrong.
High time to talk about the lazy and incompetant manner in which the USCIS back office is being operated... my personal opinon...
they should all be fired... and the entire system built anew.

Back office idiots... f..k you.

Edward Leonard Kirch

p.s. Stop pretending that it is a priviledge to live here. IT IS NOT. Get a grip on reality.

Go ahead USCIS idiots... kick me out... I will not cry... I have nothing to lose... Living in a country of gun wackos, and medical parisites. Gimme a break. You think you are in the greatest country in the world? You must be on cheap drugs, or watching too much Fox News. What a sick society.

Edward Leonard Kirch

Come by tomorrow USCIS nazis .. slap me in handcuffs... deport me.. haha... You are seriously a bunch of idiots.

F.CK You.
 19th of May, 2013 by   NewYorkCity 0 Votes
Worst service I have ever experienced in my life. I got ripped off as well about 500 dollars, which I paid because I have no time to go back and forth with them on weekdays. I have no idea what they do out their. Yes, I am a US Citizen and I can say with experience USCIS sucks.

The 5 Things You Should Never Do When Filing Bankruptcy