logo

Concord Law school
Unjust JD program
4. (42 mins ago)
Dr. Dova Saga
I specialize in various fields of Spell Casting.
5. (59 mins ago)

usagrantapplications.org

Posted:    bonnie

Federal Grant Scam

USA Grant Applications
I need a grant and was scamed last night. I tried to get back on their internet site to cancel my order for $24.95, but was unable to do so.
I contacted my credit card and was told the charge was on my credit card but it had not gone through yet. I filed a complaint against this company with my credit card, and was told to call back on the 6th of Feb to see what has been done.
How can anyone do this to honest tax paying people, like myself, who are trying to better themselves by hopefully applying for and receiving a grant.
Bonnie Harwell
yochekat@kaltelnetnet
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Feb, 2009 by   red_lyght 0 Votes
How did you make out with this company? Did you resolve the issue? Is it truely a scam?
 16th of Feb, 2009 by   harriet jordan -1 Votes
obama grants asisstance is a lot hot air, everything i try is all about you spending money for cds that are a lot of crap.
 13th of Apr, 2009 by   BJCastle 0 Votes
this whole post is soooo unhelpful
 14th of May, 2009 by   Lynda 0 Votes
Bonnie...why did u want to cancel? Did you give the site a try to get a grant? Please let me know as I ran across their site ..Im in need of a grant. Does anyone know..of a legitimate site that does get you grants??
 29th of May, 2009 by   David Kirk +1 Votes
I had just filled out their questionaire and was looking to make sure it wasn't a scam before I paid. Within 5 minutes of closing the window, a lady named Whitney called me asking if I were still interested in this website. If that isn't a scam I don't know what is.
 17th of Jul, 2009 by   JackieM 0 Votes
OMG Whitney had just called me after filling out some questions on the same web site. I would like to know if this is a scam or not. If anyone knows let me know. She said if I took her offer for 11.95 this month then only charge 19.95 per month if I kept it or she would give me a customer service number if I was not satifsifed with the help. I ask if it took months to get the grant but she didn't ans that question. Just said that is why they give me the customer service number if I was not satisfied they would cancel my subscription.
 26th of Aug, 2009 by   AlexF. 0 Votes
Heh, I was on their website earlier today and filled out some info, but left when it asked for my credit card info. Just now I got a call from them (not this Whitney person, it was some guy, didn't catch his name) talking about how the minimum education grant is $50, 000. That was what first set off an alarm for me because I've received Federal PELL grants this and last year, neither of which was more than $2000. Then he said that the fee was a one time charge of $14.95. I asked him to give me his information so I could call back after doing some "background checking". After reading here how inconsistent their billing methods are, I am convinced that they are not on the up-and-up.
 1st of Sep, 2009 by   katherine James 0 Votes
I went to close out the window a lady popped up and asked me do I really want to cancel ? I did not catch her name, anyway she changed the price of the CD from $1.95 to $1.14. I then put in my credit card information then it kept telling me that my card were invalid. I know for a fact my card is not. A grant is suppose to be free money why so we have to pay to get it ?
 11th of Sep, 2009 by   Sam F 0 Votes
Nothing is a scam if you guys were to read it says a reacurring fee of 24.95! JUST READ!!! You are the one that is putting in your credit card not anyone else! Whitney was actually, knowledgeable and told me that the fee was 11.97 and a monthly fee of 19.97. And no one CAN GUARANTEE YOU A GRANT PEOPLE!!
 18th of Sep, 2009 by   GMSheldon 0 Votes
Anyone have a positive experience with this organization???
 25th of Sep, 2009 by   smartme609 0 Votes
I agree to most people on here. The government agency who give the grants should have their website and without any fee. We are applying for grantgs because we need money. So why do we have to pay for it. There should be a legitimate site where we can get the information to apply ffor free grants.
 18th of Oct, 2009 by   Cindy Jo +1 Votes
I agree with Sam F. This company is a service. You don't have to use there service if you don't want to. All they do is provide you with alot of the grant applications out there. If you have ever looked for a grant, you will know, it's hard to find different applications.
They don't ever Guarantee that you will get a grant, NO SITE CAN GUARANTEE THAT! They just provided you with applications, so you don't have to waste alot of time looking for them. That's all.
I used them for almost a month and then canceled my service. I applied for alot of grants in that time and have received alot of useful information. They also refunded my 11.97 that I paid, when I provided them with the information that I got turned down for a grant.
You just have to read and know how to use the system.
 30th of Apr, 2010 by   Rev. Dr. Dumaine 0 Votes
We vote for our representatives and senates, it shall be free for all US citizens to have free access to all grant applications, it seems that the bureaucrates included so- called Democrate, Republican, and Liberal etc... have kept the informations for their cronies to become richer and the poor becomes poorer. If Washington is so concerned about the middle class or main stream get all grant applications available to the public with clear definition what to do to apply for the grants like we line up to vote for them to get power. Evantually, we shall realize no one is defending the middle class except the power they need. We shall get it now. Grants money are only available to the fanatics and the rich not to genuine people and organizations. Don't blame those businesses who rely from online customers to pay for the services they offer. It time to open your eyes, it is not them, it those who control the system of our country and who decide for us. Send letter to your congress and senate tell them it is time to for all us to have equal share as it never an equal opportunity. It is equal word vs equal opportunity. Washington insiders don't give any attention to the people and the middle class because if we become like them then they don't have no power and their influences will have no more value.

Rev. Dr. Dumaine
 29th of Nov, 2010 by   HannahArlyne 0 Votes
Ii just had the same experience- I thought it was a useful resource because of the .org on the web address. I also looked at the Privacy and Terms of Use. I entered my personal information to submit-along with a 500 word essay on why I needed assistance into the text box. Then page 2 came asking for my CC#. and I backed out. My information still was saved and I received an immediate call. I felt misled from this website and did not expect to be asked for $- no grant or scholarship application will ever ask you for money. I was disappointed that even though I did not subscribe to the service, they still stored and are going to use my information From what I am reading of posts of people that paid for the service never said they ever got any money from any government institution. sounds like a lot of filling out of applications that are unlikely to assist a person in any way. Filling out these applications allows the company to give personal info to every "grant" application website- Seems like the "US grant" webpage is just a clever profit making webpage- using third party sales. I just wonder how a website can get a .org...
 12th of Dec, 2010 by   Katie0161 +1 Votes
Hi there, I used to work for this company. They are legitimate. The reason they contact you immediately is so they can make sure you understand wha the website is. It's a grant application SERVICE. They provide you with acces to all the available grant applications that are out there, including government and federal. The reason they charge a fee is because they have grant resaerchers who hunt down those applications and put them on the website so you don't have to. I'm sure you don't want to work for free and neither do they. You can cancel at anytime. They can't give you a set time frame on how long it takes to hear back from a grantor because each application has a different deadline. It's not a scam.. It's just a matter of if you have the motivation and drive to use the service like they meant it to be used.
 26th of Feb, 2012 by   gizmobueller 0 Votes
i came across the site and it looked appealing, if i have to pay it just isn't worth it to me, whether it's legit or not. the previous comments are from a very long ago, however i still wanted to make a comment for any others, there is a website called www.fastweb.com, it is 100% free, you create an account profile and it matches grants and scholarships for you to apply to that matches your profile. i have a hard time finding grants anywhere for what i want (animal rights advocate via humane society university). but fastweb.com is a good start.
 7th of Sep, 2013 by   Teresa Billingsley 0 Votes
I myself tried to get my $24.95 back and the lady said the was not going to get my refund back she was very rude all I was trying to do was get a grant for home improvement for me and my two special need adult children I am a single mom I file for this grant back in May 2013 but never got my refund back I don't understand how people can live with themselves and still go on with theirs live like nothing never happen I Pray GOD HAVE MERCY ON THEIR SOUL Pray for these people

Health Care Reform: What Now?

Latest Groups