logo

Posted:    demidone

USAFIS

USAFIS Organization
North Carolina
I was recently contacted by USAFIS Organization that i had won the green card lottery and was able to commence my immigration process to USA from Australia. They sent me forms (electronically) to fill out and even attached the kentucky consular center winner notification letter on this email. having done some thorough research online, it appears that the KCC is to MAIL U DIRECTLY if you are a winner. Why is it that USAFIS knows of my win before I do? Now they encouraging me to engage DC Law Offices from New York to commence filling my immigration paperwork. I thought i was a genuine winner, has anyone actually sent documents to KCC andhad a response? USAFIS Org make you feel that by taking the time yourself to manage your own paperwork means if there is ONE ERROR in your application then the KCC will cancel your chances of successfully obtaining the green card. so confused.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Sep, 2009 by   Danna Smith- Usafis.org -1 Votes
The USAFIS Organization provides a service that fills in the gap created by the SD – both before and after the lottery:
Before the lottery
1. We guarantee 100% participation in the American GC Lottery Program.
2. Registration to the lottery is possible 365 days per year.
3. User interface translated to (the form can be filled in) 6 languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Turkish.
4. We allow our customer to register several years in advance.
5. The photograph can be sent to us in any way possible: regular mail, e-Mail or uploaded directly to the form.
6. Clients may update their information at any point.
7. Customer service available to clients 24/7 To assist clients with any aspect of participation or question they may have.
After the Lottery
1. Winners are notified by any means possible: through e-Mail, Regular mail, Fax and phone
2. USAFIS Saves a copy of the winner notification, in case the client loses the notification.
3. Help is offered (for further payment) in the consular process.
4. USAFIS Will provide winners who complete the immigration process through USAFIS with up to 500$ for an airline ticket. (VIP program=$1000)

Since the US Government only sends you a letter, that from our experience has been known not to reach the client, we decided to notify our clients ourselves, the US government sends us a list of the winners that have used our application services and we make every effort possible to notify them.

if you have any more questions, feel free to contact us.

Danna Smith
 4th of Oct, 2009 by   Wontbackdown +1 Votes
I am absolutely certain that this company is a scam. They might be legal in terms of going through all the legal necessities to make sure that they are a registered company and have a licence maybe but this company does not do anything it claims to do. They called me stating that they can guarantee successful application to the lotto as they said as much as 3 mil people get disqualified every year. They never told me that this lotto was a free lotto either. When I found out that it was a free lotto I told them to cancel my application and I will take my chances myself. They refused to telling me that even if I do cancel my application with them they will not give me back my money or any money... then they started telling me how they want to go ahead and help me. When they couldnt get to convice me to take their service they started shouting at me and over me on the phone not even listening to a thing I had to say so I started shouting as well - I have all this on tape. I was then hung up on twice mind you, by two different managers. What the hell type of managers, people and business is this. After all this I decided to do some reaserch myself. The picture that I sent them I cropped thank god which made the photo dimentions change significantly. I then went to the dvlotto.state.gov website and there is a photo validator there that I can check and see if my photo that I sent these frauds qualify and it fail to qualify. http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/photo.aspx.

Now with this being said. Why do these people keep telling me that all of my information was inspected by their specialists and passed and will be entered as soon as the lotto opens. I downloaded and saved to my laptop the dvlotto instructions and here is one of the things I found in the FAQ's. Read this carefully and for those people who used this company before and go scammed here is proof that you need to file ligit complaint with the fbi against them
28. IF THE SUBMITTED DIGITAL IMAGES DO NOT CONFORM TO THE SPECIFICATIONS, THE PROCEDURES STATE THAT THE SYSTEM WILL AUTOMATICALLY REJECT THE E-DV ENTRY FORM AND NOTIFY THE SENDER. DOES THIS MEAN I WILL BE ABLE RE-SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
Yes, the entry can be resubmitted. Since the entry was automatically rejected, it was not actually considered as a submission to the E-DV website. It does not count as a submitted E-DV entry, and no confirmation notice of receipt is sent. If there are problems with the digital photograph sent, because it does not conform to the requirements, it is automatically rejected by the E-DV website. However, the amount of time it takes the rejection message to reach the sender is unpredictable, given the nature of the Internet. If the problem can be fixed by the applicant, and the Form Part One or Two is re-sent within sixty (60) minutes, there is no problem. Otherwise, the applicant will have to restart the submission process. An applicant can try to submit an application as many times as is necessary until a complete application is received and the confirmation notice sent.

So I say that to say this I know that my picture that I sent did not conform and streatching of pictures are not allowed. My shoulders were barely in the photo as I cropped it. If they do anything to alter my photo so that they can send my info and I get disqualified then this means that they did not hold up their end of the bargain which is guaranteeing successful entry into this lotto and I am sure that this info can be used against them in some way.

I am so sorry to hear about your ordeal demidone but it seems that this company has a reputation of sending out fraudlent letters to people who used their service. I think they deserve to be in jail. No one should force their service on anyone just so that they can lie, cheat and scam them. Any way here is a warning from the dvlotto site again. You can go to this site and download the dv instructions and read them for yourself.

Important Note: Notifications to those selected in the random lottery are not sent by e-mail. Official notifications of selection are sent by regular postal mail from the KCC. Should you receive an email notification about your E-DV selection, be aware that the message is not legitimate. It is only after you are selected, notified by an official letter sent via postal mail, and processing begins on your case, that you may receive follow-up email communication from the KCC. The KCC will not ask you to send money to them by mail or by services such as Western Union.

Also some of these companies like USAFIS when or if they enter applications for persons put there address instead of the applicants address so that if the applicant wins the letter will be sent to them and then charge the applicant for a letter again. Also I believe this is how they got a copy of the format of the letter sent by the counselor office and this is how they come to adjust these letters to suit their fraudlent needs. The only thing I can say speaking from personal experience is: NEVER EVER EVER TO TRUST THIS COMPANY. NEVER TRUST USAFIS COMPANY THEY ARE FRAUDS AND THIEVES PROMISING SOMETHING THAT THEY CANNOT GIVE.
 7th of Nov, 2009 by   HarcoreMac +1 Votes
So, how you get out of the story with USAFIS?

Actually, how anyone can be sure that Application is received in KCC from USAFIS?

Is any letter of notification you had from USAFIS mention that actually they successfully uploaded application with their address, and when?

If they keep document (Notification letter), that is w/your name, and you haven't gave them right of attorney, can they be sued for holding unavailingly your personal property?

What if person do not accept to pay additionally for NL? They will keep it???????

Please, advice.
 24th of Jan, 2010 by   Dana 0 Votes
HI HarcoreMac

You can email me at danas@usafis-mail.com with your personal details and I will be able to check the statues of your application in our system.

We only submit your information/forums in the years you signed up with us to do so. I.e. if you sign up for 1 year we only submit your forms 1 time and at the time you requested. We will not and do not submit it again unless you sign up for more years.

Regarding the DC Law Offices from New York to commence filling your immigration paperwork- you are not obliged to use them- we just recommend you do. as you still need to go to an interview at the US Embassy- the consular process, here is the DV11 Time Table

 Registration to the lottery is from Oct. to Nov. 2009;
 In Feb. 2010 the actual lottery takes place, at the end of which 110, 000 winners are selected;
 Between May and July 2010 Winners are notified. Winners are invited to begin the consular process;
 At the end of the Consular process 55, 000 GC are given to winners;
 Winners who received a GC may enter the US from Jan 1st 2011;

If you have any more questions please feel free to contact me at

PR+SEO manager
 29th of Jan, 2010 by   saunderscolin1 -1 Votes
The United States Government has revealed that out of ten million application forms received over three million of those forms have been disqualified reason being very simple mistakes and errors. These errors could have easily been avoided. USAFIS is a Green Card consultancy firm which assists you to avoid these types of errors and make the process of applying for the USA Green Card lottery much easier and productive. Having a third party such as Usafis to help applicants can drastically cut down on mistakes and simple errors and make sure that the application gets sent with the best chance of getting approved.
USAFIS does not guarantee you a green card but guarantees of successful submission of application for visa for which Usafis charges a service fee. We have no association with US government. We are a for profit organization who charge for the service and consultancy to the clients.
 5th of Feb, 2010 by   stickkeith +1 Votes
of course your application gets rejected even if there is one small mistake in your form. i dont find any reason to be annoyed for paying for the service one has taken. usafis is a consultancy which charges for the application submission assistance. why should one take risk if he is unsure of filling the form. why not go for the professionals help. but you should take great care in giving your credit card number ... never ever give your credit card number to anyone rather use some other means of money transfer. usafis has been in this field for long enough and i dont believe fraudsters stay for so long... they are still there and moving ahead.
 22nd of Feb, 2010 by   Stephenk +1 Votes
I have also fallen in to this trap and lost my money. However Usafis have never processed my application as I did not provide photo's.

What should I do now as I have already paid for the application and they are still requesting me to provide the photos. There is no additional cost to do this so my dilemma is do I provide photos and hope they process my application or walk away as I am now nervous to provide photos due to the risk of identity fraud.
Is there any possibilty of getting a refund?
 15th of Mar, 2010 by   Wontbackdown +1 Votes
Dear Stephenk

I would say do not provide them with any photos because as soon as you do they will use this as their reason to not refund you any money. What I have realised is that this organization is run by a bunch of thieves who will constantly put you on hold transfer you to someone who can barely speak english and be very rude to you all in efforts to keep your money. I dont know how much money they got from you but fight to get it back. Send an email requesting that they cancel your applicaiton because they cannot submit it if there is no photograph anyway. It will not be accepted... I did mine last year so I know this. If you send a photo to them that doesnot meet the requirements of the dvlotto.gov website and they stretch it to meet the requirements then you will be disqualified.

The only other thing I can tell you is go to the bank and stop payment on your card if this was just recently done. I employ everyone out there please pass on to everyone you know not to trust this company. The last thing is that those language CD's that they send to you are crap. I already speak english so what would I need with a english language CD and the other CD is a spanish CD. God is watching them and he dont sleep so when I meet scams like these I just let them know that Vengence is the Lord's. He is better at poetic justice that we are. Stay strong and dont send any photos... tell them to return your money instead.
 17th of Mar, 2010 by   Dana -1 Votes
Hi Stephenk

We are a legitimist company that gives services to customers all over the world for many years, and we have thousands of satisfied customers, if you wish changed your mind and decided you don’t want to use our services after all, please contact me at my personal email danas@usafis-mail.com and I will make sure you will get your refund.

It’s important for me to get your details, not just for the refund also so I can talk to the call center managers about this.

PR+SEO manager
 7th of Apr, 2010 by   jhndam232 0 Votes
I saw the website, it looks ok to me. Also, content also says that they are for profit organization and offer application reviewing service for Green Card Lottery. Most of the visitors misunderstand and try to blame the company. One can file the application for free and there is no fee for doing it on your own. But service of USAFIS for reviewing the application makes sure that the application is accepted for DV Lottery program. My experience has been good so far. This is the second time I am applying for Green Card, last year I was not lucky enough, lets see this time. I must say, USAFIS has been good to me.
 8th of Apr, 2010 by   coltonhuge -1 Votes
No one can guarantee you Green Card, as it is a lottery process and out of 2 million applications only 50, 000 can win the lottery. USAFIS never says that it will win the Green Card Lottery for you. USAFIS reviews the Green Card Application of the clients to ensure that your application is accepted for the lottery process. More than 30% of the applications are not considered for the lottery program because of the wrongly filled information. Service of USAFIS increases your chance of winning the lottery in someway. But one must understand that this whole thing depends on luck and one has to be lucky enough to win a Green Card Lottery.
 8th of Apr, 2010 by   Wontbackdown +1 Votes
You must work for USAFIS. They are scam artist because they do guarantee you a green card and they also talk of how must ppl has won by entering through them. Thats funny if this is all about luck then they must have a golden spoon in their mouth. Another thing they keep contacting ppl that they have won the lotto but instead of us getting a letter from the state lotto website these fraudlent backsides squeeze more money out of ppl with this fake letter. I can only hope and pray the law catches up with this company but if it doesnt soon I pray the wrath of God on them.
 21st of Apr, 2010 by   Frikkadel +1 Votes
I filled the forms online and not even 30 minutes past I got a phone call, asking more info, see I never went further by paying online, I never had my card and numbers with me at the time (thought I could do payment at a later stage) now i know why they were so forcefully in having payment the same time ...luckily I did not have my card info with me this time, they actually got nasty with me, they did not believe me saying that i have not got my information with me, which was the truth( This made me nervous and thought that i should investigate before i make any payments)...Thank you for this site, I just saved some money
 21st of Apr, 2010 by   Dana -1 Votes
Hi Frikkadel

I am sorry if one of our rep was over zealous.
I would be grateful if you could email me (to my private email box danas@usafis-mail.com) your full name, Email address and phone # that you used when filling out the form so I can talk to the rep.

PR+ SEO Manager
 1st of Jun, 2010 by   Peeeved +1 Votes
Where there is smoke there must be a fire! I have read through countless complaints and must agree there must be something wrong with USAFIS or they dont know how to satify their "customers" (actually the people they are legally allowed by the US government to rip off). If there are so many satisfied people who have used the services of USAFIS then they are mighty quiet about it - I wonder if they are just to embarassed to admit that they were ripped-off by professional e- and tele-scammers!
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by   Patrick Frink 0 Votes
Sometimes tele-executives do get over zealous. This creates problem. Frikkadel, you should confirm whether you were talking to representative of USAFIS or someone else. Do not give your credit card details unless you are sure enough that you are really talking to the real representative of the company.
 10th of Jun, 2010 by   Peeeved 0 Votes
Important Notice

No fee is charged for the electronic lottery entry in the annual DV program. The U.S. Government employs no outside consultants or private services to operate the DV program. Any intermediaries or others who offer assistance to prepare DV entries do so without the authority or consent of the U.S. Government. Use of any outside intermediary or assistance to prepare a DV entry is entirely at the entrant’s discretion.

NOTE: The Department of State strongly encourages applicants to complete the application without the assistance of “Visa Consultants, ” “Visa Agents, ” or other individuals who offer to submit an application on behalf of applicants. In many cases, these facilitators substitute their address for an applicant’s address and thereby receive the selection notification instead of it being received by the actual applicant. Subsequently, the visa facilitators extort money from the selectees in order to receive the notification information that should rightly have gone directly to the DV selectee.
 15th of Jun, 2010 by   Dana 0 Votes
HI Peeeved

As I said before, our service is mostly for those who do not have a great command of the English language, the proper computer tools, or do not work well with timelines. For a small fee, USAFIS ensures a person's application qualifies for the program.

All too often, people who register for this wonderful opportunity do not make into the front door due to their application being disqualified. Whether the application was not filled out correctly, a person's photo did not meet the U.S. government standard, or it was submitted too late are just some of the reasons why hundreds of thousands of applications per year never get a chance to qualify for the U.S. Green Card Lottery program.

USAFIS does charge a nominal fee for it application review service and clearly states on its homepage the differences between their service and if a person wanted to do by themselves.

On our main page (and many others) there is a chart that shows you the difference between filling out the forms yourself at the Official U.S. Government Program and with us. we do not hide the fact the application is free- we only charge you for the assistance we provide in filling.

If you had any problems with our services please feel free to contact me directly with your personal details to my direct email danas@usafis-mail.com

PR+SEO Manager
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by   Persian Gulf 0 Votes
It appearers to me that the people being contacted by USAFIS here had already applied for the GC lottery. But in my case, I've been being contacted by them over the past month while I hadn't applied nor registered for anything at all let alone the Green card lottery! Even I do not remember accepting anything regarding receiving messages from this company on the very date they claim I did! So I really can't digest why should I send them my details or fill in forms while I haven't applied for anything! So curious case indeed.
 25th of Jul, 2010 by   Dana 0 Votes
Hi Persian Gulf

We don't buy leads from anywhere, we only send emails and call people that have filled their details in our site.
At the bottom of every email we send there is a link if you want to be removed from our emailing list you can use that if you want.
And if some one from our call center calls you, you can also ask to be removed from our calling lists.

PR+SEO Manager