logo

Chrysler Pacifica
Sub frame rust
2. (37 mins ago)
jcappoc.com
My order is still in process and seller ignores me
3. (45 mins ago)
www.theworknumber.com
I hate this service...customers last
4. (55 mins ago)

USAA.COM
June 30, 2009

OFFICIAL COMPLAINT

To All Concerned,

USAA Insurance Company is basically a military endorsed company who enjoys profits to the tune of 40 to 50 million dollars. USAA insurance company takes monthly and quarterly premiums, have no serious oversight to regulate them, put families in financial ruins, conduct business strictly on bad faith, withhold pertinent information from homeowners, place families at risk by exposing them to toxic black mold for a year and a half all to save money.

They have been amoral, allowed personal feelings to overrule professionalism, interfered with the safety of my family by disclosing personal information to companies and telling the companies not to come to my home to repair or conduct certain actions because they will not pay. They have exclusions in their policies that allow them to take money from Consumers and pay the least amount of money and use the term mitigate to absolve themselves of any responsibility.

My complaint is that USAA had knowledge for a year and a half that my roof and atrium leaked when my home was hit by a tornado in early 2008. They with held this report and told me it was internal documentation not privy to the homeowner. As a result, USAA made a conscious decision to withhold this information for a year in a half. This decision caused me and my son great illnesses. Mushrooms were growing out of our wall from behind the wall paper which is what alerted us to the toxic black mold (In February 2009). We were hit by tornados and bad weather for three consecutive weeks and water damage consumed my entire home in February and March 2009).

However, for a year and a half that we lived in our home, we were breathing 15 toxic molds (which is now at a rate of 356, 973 count/m3 for 15 different molds) in my home and I have been told to vacate. I have had severe medical problems as a result. I want to know who is going to hold USAA accountable for their actions. I had a right to know. I should have been afforded the opportunity to have access to that report, since I didn’t, my home has got to be gutted or condemned. My money went into repairs; I will have three households to support, the mortgage, my spouse apartment in Augusta and a place for me to live.

Now I find that amongst the other medical problems, I have an ovarian cyst. I have loss my hair; broke out in rashes, extreme fatigue, vomiting, red eyes, passing out inside my home, and swollen feet, medications have stop working, and etc. My pet has been hurt because by the time I finished following all of USAA’S representatives instructions, I have been living on exposed concrete floors and in substandard conditions by following USAA Representative Instructions. They are not omnipotent and do not have the right to play God with people’s lives. I get to pay them thousands of dollars for a non-functioning insurance policy.

Who gives them the right to decide that just because they want high quarterly earnings and profit, that they can just with hold reports that endangers my family’ life for a buck. Because as Ms. Lindsay Dillon, Adjustor for USAA, (1-800-531-8722 ext. 44738) says, if we pay every claim, we would not have any money. I don’t want to hear, the contract is not flawed and is in their favor and I just need to move on with my life as Teresa Raymond, Public Relations has told me (1-210-282-1823) and Mike Cox, Director of claims (1-800-531-8722) has told me.

I was purposely due to bad faith left in this house so they would not have to repair a roof( wear or tear or marring, this house was remolded when I used my Veteran’s certificate to buy it and it is not the original as they claim of 35 years) or atrium. If I had the appropriate information, I would have repaired it myself. Who will tell them that withholding information is wrong? Just because they think they can does not make it right. Their behavior have been at a minimum certainly amoral with bad faith with clauses strategically placed in sub-sections of a contract and they get millions of dollars to cover our homes and autos in which if condemned the Fannie Mae has to cover the substantial loss. They took away my right to repair my home, by giving me erroneous information, intentionally misguiding me, thwarted efforts of repairs, and I trusted them.

INCIDENTS
a. The first flood happened in early 2008 of last year. Adjusters for the insurance company USAA could not find the source of the problem and provided me with faulty information therefore not leading to the proper repairs that could have been taken by my family.
b. The Adjuster stated the home flooded from torrential rains that came from the street and seeped underground and up through the concrete slab therefore flooding the home. The home has an atrium and the adjustor did not inform me that the Atrium was or could be a problem. For approximately two inches around the atrium on three of its sides were dry and the water had completely flooded the foyer which is located in the front of the home. The damage was in the middle of the carpeted floors. The adjuster checked the roof and did not inform me that the roof could be another source of the flooding of the home or any wear or tear of the roof. There were water spots on the wall and that is what the insurance company paid for (wet spots on the wall). No report was ever forwarded to me. He also did not tell where the water could be coming from. Information I received was stated verbally over the phone during several conversations with USAA Representatives. There was no crack in the foundation of our home when it was checked at that time.
c. Equipment was bought to dry vac to clean up the water and the areas on the walls repaired.
d. During the February 28, 2009 flood, our house was flooded on three different occasions for three consecutive weeks. On the first occasion of 2009, a new adjustor came out and reported to me that the roof on the home was the original roof and that the insurance would not pay for the repair of the original roof. The adjustor stated the roof was 35 years old. First the house was remolded when we moved in and there are parts on my roof that were not available 35 years ago.
e. Unlike the adjustor who stated the roof were unstable, erosion had been occurring before we moved into the home. I take issue with that because my home was inspected by the VA because I used my VA certificate to buy this home. Also, what did he aspect after several tornados in 2008 and 2009. The last time I checked, tornados and severe weather storms does damage. The Adjustor also stated the carpet had water damage and the insurance company would only pay for the cleaning of the carpet. The outside fence was damaged and USAA depreciated the cost of the fence and would repair that. However, the adjustor did not put the carpet on the report and I called Lindsay Dillon, of USAA and reported after conversations that the carpet was also damaged. Miss Dillon stated she would send the adjustor back out.
2. During the second week, we were flood before the same adjustor came back out. Before the initial flooding, our yard men cleaned off the roof and gutters to include the atrium. Also during this storm, it began to rain inside of the house. The furniture was damaged and the floor soaked.
a. The USAA representative stated to me when I immediately had the problem and called into USAA, to pull all the padding up from under the floor that was wet throughout the home and leave the padding outside of the home to show the adjustor.
b. I complied although I have not been working due to the fact that I am waiting to have three surgeries at one time. (My spouse is stationed and lives in Augusta Georgia therefore incurring expenses for two households). On the second visit from the adjustor, he found leaves in the gutter of the atrium and on the roof which occurred from the second storm.
c. More damaged from the second storm, the nails that were in the gutters of the atrium were ripped from the wooden foundation that kept the gutters intact. The rain came too fast for the Atrium to drain all the water incurred that came from the rains into the house via the atrium and roof.
d. Again, I complied with all instructions, cleaned as much water as possible over the week end and awaited appointments for companies to be scheduled to come to look at the home for repairs that USAA stated they would not pay for. Also, during the waiting period, USAA Representatives told me I should have went on the roof and place plastic over the roof during the rain and tact back up the gutters during the storm. I could not do those task due to the dangerous conditions because of the bad rain and had no knowledge of how or what to look for on the roof, nor had the ability handle the gutters alone.
e. During the third week, the house was flooded again and damaged the complete house with the exception of the three back bedrooms. Professionals’ final showed up, some came and others did not make their appointment. USAA initially called Service Pro the third time and first gave permission to tarp the house and then pulled permission to tarp the house by a supervisor named Marta, because we had disagreed on who would pay for the tarp. The house was finally tarped in the area where there was no damaged; the three back bedrooms. I complained and was told to tarp the rest of the house with plastic from home depot and that I was responsible for all the damage and if USAA paid every claim they would not have any money, per Lindsay Dillon.
f. I was also told to pull up the carpet and move all the furniture, if I did not comply, I would be responsible and liable to pay for my own belongings, in which USAA didn’t pay anyways, however, following their instructions has left me worst off.
g. There is no carpeting throughout the house except in the back of the home and part of the front where mold is highly concentrated along with the master bedroom (where I sleep each night) and there is furniture and other items which were damaged such as televisions, wooden tables, and entertainment center.
3. USAA will only repair the fence. The atrium gutters and wood have to be repaired and the boarders around the windows of the atrium. Every day I find something new wrong cited by the contractors from the tornados.
SITUATION:

1. It is mandatory as homeowners to have insurance. Our choice after being lied to and manipulated by our previous insurance company, we decided to go with the military endorsed company USAA. In short, USAA withheld documentation from the first water damage that we had in early, 2008. Teresa Raymond, USAA Public Relations informed me that USAA had knowledge during the first incident that we had a leaky roof; the atrium was a problem, and a crack in the foundation of the home. USAA’s policy is not to be released to the homeowners because it is not their responsibility to tell homeowners how to maintain their homes. This information was with held and I was told that the water leaks on the ceiling were from air condensation from the air conditioner in 2008. We looked for a crack in the foundation and could not find it. The adjustor sent to our home said it was a crack in the foundation and mentioned nothing about the roof or atrium.
2. I have been fighting with USAA since February 2009. They did not disclose the 2008 report which would have allowed me the opportunity to fix the roof, the atrium, and possible find the crack in the floor because we were not able to find it at that time, because it was none. That is an act of Bad Faith and a violation of the Right to know Law and negligence among other violations committed by USAA.

3. As the alleged number one insurance company in the U.S., it was predictable for them and foreseeable that a leaky roof and atrium would produce mold in the walls and throughout the house. However, for a year in a half, USAA made a conscious decision not to disclose this information so they would not have to repair a roof. As each tornado and bad storm came, I would call into their office terrified and horrified that my roof would collapse on me and my family, crying on the phone for them to help us. As usual, they ignored my pleas for help. Furthermore, because they did not release information that they knew could affect our health, my family has lived in a house full of black toxic mold which has affected me and my son medically.

4. MEDICALLY : My medications have stopped working since I have been in this home, which is why I believe I have to have surgery from living continuous black toxic mold. I have no place to go. The mold is so toxic, I have had to move stay at hotels to give my body a break from the mold and excessive vomiting.

a. Symptomlogy: Medication is no longer effective. Uncontrollable coughing and choking, and frequent headaches. I have had respiratory problems, bronchitis twice, fevers, and treated for pneumonia. My hair has fallen out up to two inches, unexplainable rashes, extreme fatigue and passing out while in the home. Swollen feet, red eyes, vomiting, memory problems. I found out within the last two months that I now have an ovarian cyst and my thyroid is four times its normal level. Currently, more tests have now has to be run.

5. How is it that I pay them thousands of dollars a year to protect my home and yet they get to avoid over $60, 000 of work, because they didn’t want to pay $11, 000 dollars during the first tornado in 2008, all they had to do is tell me what the problem was and send me a report. Not only did they with hold this information purposely, willingly, and with malice, but thwarted efforts for me to repair my home by disclosing personal information they had no right to disclose to companies, financially they had cost us more than we ever thought it would cost.

6. Furthermore, my son and I have been breathing this putrid air for over a year and a half. Medically, I have to have surgery and have been turned downed by three surgeons to include military surgeons because no one can figure out what is wrong me. The other two surgeries cannot happen until they know what the third problem is. The only reason why I believe I have to have to first two surgeries is because my medication has been become ineffective. Even if I did have surgery, there is nowhere for me to recoup. The only thing that is not affected by mold is the attic. All the walls are wet and have to be gutted from the floor to the ceiling, treated for mold. USAA is an amoral, greedy, and doesn’t deserve to be in business. What kind of company does this to people? USAA! I want them to live up to their agreement, repair my home, replace my belongings, and be dealt with by governing agencies.

Remedies:
8. PAY FOR Third Rental Property while my home is repaired
9. VET BILLS

Respectfully Submitted Again,

Kim Anderson

USAA HOME OWNERS INSURANCE USAA HOME OWNERS INSURANCE USAA HOME OWNERS INSURANCE USAA HOME OWNERS INSURANCE USAA HOME OWNERS INSURANCE USAA HOME OWNERS INSURANCE USAA HOME OWNERS INSURANCE USAA HOME OWNERS INSURANCE USAA HOME OWNERS INSURANCE USAA HOME OWNERS INSURANCE USAA HOME OWNERS INSURANCE USAA HOME OWNERS INSURANCE USAA HOME OWNERS INSURANCE USAA HOME OWNERS INSURANCE USAA HOME OWNERS INSURANCE USAA HOME OWNERS INSURANCE USAA HOME OWNERS INSURANCE

Comments United States Home Insurance / Warranty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jul, 2009 by   Sheeyah 0 Votes
Well, you could sue them.
 5th of Aug, 2009 by   sw33th3art 0 Votes
Someone else is living my USAA nightmare? We made a claim in 2008 for water damage coming from the roof and they wrongly advised us to repair a balcony. We complied and the next big storm proved water was coming from the roof when water was flowing through light fixtures and ceiling fans. We have been instructed by USAA to get numerous inspections and this has been dragging on for four months now. Mold has begun to grow in our home and our family is sick. We have been spending half the time in hotels to avoid the stench and bad air in our home. Our policy covers funds to maintain our standard of living in case of loss. We haven't received a penny.
 4th of Nov, 2009 by   Dante6666 0 Votes
WELL LET ME JOIN THE NIGHTMARE. USAA is a JOKE. They need more regulation. I have been screwed financially in both auto and home claims. They are the worst, ever. Any company would be better.
 1st of Feb, 2010 by   4kidzparent 0 Votes
USAA used to be a really great company until they became so big they forgot about taking care of their people! Their inter-office communication is beyond lacking and they need a major overhaul before I would do anymore business with them. I had a loss to my home in 2006 and I have everything with them: mortgage, home equity, car payment, car insurance, and credit card. I was a single Mom out of my home for 2 years and 3 months with 4 kids in tow because of the loss. They obliviously covered the loss but only gave me 23K for a 2 thousand SF colonial (first & second floor). They didn't cover mechanicals even though my policy said it was covered and they didn't want to work with me at all. My parents and I ended up taking a second mortgage out on the house to be able to move back in. I then asked them if they would combine my first and second mortgage and they said no because of my credit card. I was unable to pay the full monthly payment on my credit card during the loss, but made sure I paid each month online (what I could afford) and I told them what was going on. They in turn shut off my online access so I was unable to pay my credit card payment via the internet. I called them and told them they were covering my loss & that I spoke to them about my payment and them shutting off the online access, but did not get anywhere..wasn't surprised. I have had multiple conversations with multiple agents about each of my accounts with nothing but error & problems. The recent being them taking two payments (double dipping) out of my account and screwing up my bank account. They reimbursed me and said I could take some time before making the payment to straighten out my account and then they reported me late on my credit report. It was their fault (against the law) false reporting. They assured me it wouldn't go to my credit because it was their error. All I can say is Consumer BEWARE!! I'm now fighting with them to get that late payment off my credit and will hopefully be able to move my remaining accounts I have with them somewhere else!!
 24th of Mar, 2010 by   formerinsuranceadjuster 0 Votes
So your home had a leak due to an old roof? I'm trying to understand the original cause of loss. How did you originally get a leak? And what report would they not show you? the inspectors?
 1st of Mar, 2011 by   P.D. Rush 0 Votes
In 2008 my former fiance changed our homeowners insurance to USAA. I had enjoyed an excellent rapport with my former homeowners company - N.J. Manufacturers - for many years. My former fiance told me that USAA was "the absolute best" only insuring U.S. Military (and that means??????). Well, a claim was filed for a pipe that burst upstairs, causing my ceiling downstairs to collapse and all the collateral damage (floors, furniture). That was 18 months ago. I had to go out and buy furniture and THEN mail them receipts. They were supposed to replace my carpeting which was a wool blend that had cost over $1800 with "similar quality". They put in stuff that is unwinding and when an examiner came out to examine it, they said it was from "the dog". Well, the funny part is that "the dog" had only been with me a matter of weeks and the claim had been filed for the poor quality replacement carpet months before (he is a 5 year old rescue, not a puppy, and definitely not a cat that may scratch at carpet). They took months to get the work done. They never replaced a lithograph painting that was my Aunt's because they "c ould not place value on it". In July of last year when the policy was renewed, the cost went up by 60% - from ONE claim. It is abhorrant.
 23rd of Mar, 2011 by   vaguelyambiguous 0 Votes
We are having a very similar issue with USAA taking the cheap way out. Utilizing Paul Davis Restoration for some "unknown" reason. Those reasons I can only assume to be that there is an arrangement between this negligent and incompetent general contractor where USAA sends them work if they give them the lowest possible estimate for repairs. If you have USAA, NEVER USE THEIR NETWORK PROVIDERS!!! Get your own water mitigation team and general contractor and request an inspection to be done every step of the way. We had a water-loss (pipe broke in upstairs kitchen) 6 months ago...and USAA delays every step of the way, unless if it's Paul Davis Restoration doing the work then they just approve everything within minutes. However, it has been almost 6 months now and our house still has been restored. This is why USAA insurance is so damn cheap. You pay for what you get. As a side-note, if you secured your mortgage through US Bank and have USAA as your home insurer, you might want to change one of them...since US Bank is basically a different department of USAA which would be a conflict of interest as to who pays for damages when something happens and whether or not your mortgage company will have your back legally, if it comes to that.
 23rd of Mar, 2011 by   vaguelyambiguous 0 Votes
File a complaint with the insurance bureau and attorney general for your state. The insurance bureau is required to be appended to your home owners insurance or fire blanket policy. It's usually towards the end. Make sure you site everything including dates. I'm putting together an ambiguous blog, due to the possibility of being sued for lible. Even though it may be completely truthful, I wouldn't put it past USAA or any of their "network providers" to file a law suit against someone knowing they probably don't have enough money for appropriate legal costs to fight it. I will also be linking this site to the blog, maybe after it seems we have enough people for a class action law suit against USAA...we'll take'm to the bank.
 27th of Apr, 2011 by   Tampa Homeowner 0 Votes
Dont feel like the lone rangers. We have a different insrace company an when our house burne dow they recommend Paul Davis Restoation as their "Preferred Service Provider". Butin our case it wasn't a low ball rstmte they maxed out our policy limit. They this this by charging our policy $15, 595 for a $7, 600 screened lanai and charging us 5900 sf of roofin for a 5300 sf roof. All approved by the adjuster for their peferred provider. Not to mention that the work fail to meet the building code. Since we moved back in we have discovered over 100 code violation such as cut trusses, wrong hurricane straps, and wrong ceiling board just to name a few. It would seem that all the "preferred service" program are ripoffs and designed to line the pockets of the insurance companies and the preferred vendor buddies.
 3rd of Jun, 2011 by   badfaith, kim 0 Votes
This is Kim who wrote bad faith, I posted answers to some of your responses just today under home owners insurance/warranty about USAA just to keep everyone up to date. So check that section out, home owners insurance/warranty. It has a email address and information for those who would like to try and get a class action lawsuit going against USAA. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
 3rd of Jun, 2011 by   badfaith, kim 0 Votes
On July 3rd, 2009, I filed a complaint about USAA home owners insurance. I have not been on line to comment or to answer any questions that others have posted for me. To formerinsurancedjuster: I can only tell you of my experience. My home had been inspected by different insurance adjusters from USAA. The last adjustor after previous adjustors (who never told me) was the one who told me about the roof after there had been several storms and tornados over the years I lived there. To why the other adjustors did not tell me, is a question to them. However, when I talked to Teresa Raymond, Public Relations (1(210)282-1823, I'm not sure that's the same number for her), she was the one after the last adjustor and only adjustor, told me about the roof and she said that that information was internal documentation and that it "was privy" to USAA only and that they do not tell home owners how to maintain their home, they just tell them what they will and will not pay for. When she told me that the roof had been the source of the leaks and they had known that since the first adjustor came to our home over a year and a half ago when this started, it became quite apparent that what the other adjustors told me and what they filed with USAA was two different things. I was out raged. I asked her how can they not tell me what they found the first time around so repairs could have been made. However, they said nothing but to get over it and to move on with my life. None of the insurance adjustors as I recall gave me any paperwork, all information was verbal. As with the representatives, all instructions were verbal. There is a debate to rather the roof was as old as they claimed, I have had several different roofing companies at that time come to the house and they all said that the roof was not as old as USSA said it was (35 years old), and materials that was on my was not 35 years old and no roof would last that long. You see in Georgia, up until recently, roofers did not have to file for a permit with the city to repair your roof, and if it is not filed with the city then it appears that no work has ever been done according to their records. My home had been completely remolded and done by licensed contractors and approved by VA before we could even buy the home.
As to the origins of this horrific ordeal, I had said previously that we had had many bad storms and tornados in my area, which will cause damage and then some. They were never up front and wanted to save money at my family's expense. So, I am suing.
It is about the principle and because my spouse is still military, we have relocated. USAA attorney's scheduled a deposition for me in November 2010. After I spent money on tickets and was in Georgia, the USAA attorneys canceled. While there, because my immune system had been so affected by the mold, I caught a serious cold and became very ill after being in Georgia for only three days. My respiratory system started to shut down on me. I flew back home very ill and had to go to the hospital and was admitted immediately because I could not breathe. I am on two different inhalers, one with steroids, and have to take medications and precautions everyday due to the deterioration of my health. A simple cold will affect my breathing and left unattended my respitory problem becomes unreal. My breathing becomes shallow, my chest tightens up, I can't get enough air into my lungs, and I gasp for air to talk. My doctors just told me that my respitory problem is not under control and different actions have to be taken such as a nebulizer to expand my lungs when I'm not getting enough air. Going outside for six hours leaves me with a mild cold and then I have to stay in the house and nurse myself back to health. My husband when I'm sick stays up at nights to ensure I'm breathing, then he has to go to work and put in 15 or more hours at work as a SGM, and I know that he is tired and I worry about him. Who would have thought that mold can change your life and family's life forever. Each year I get older, the weaker my immune system becomes. My son who is young has had to be rushed to the hospital via ambulance for unknown origin of fever. So please provide me with some information to why they would not give me a report, why they would not inform me when they got the initial report in which they said was the roof, and why they kept telling me different things was the cause of why the house was flooding? We dumped a great deal of our own money chasing different adjustors’ ideas with what was wrong with the house. From air conditioning, to buying equipment they suggested, to plumbers, and replacing piping because it was thought it would help. So please give me some insight. Because I just don't understand why USAA did what they did or why? I did report them at the time to the insurance commissioner's office. However, they are pro insurance and the consumer's voice is never heard unless you scream at the top of your lungs, which I find very difficult to do due to shortness of breath. They never got back to me since I filed.

SO I SAY TO YOU ALL WHO HAVE DEALT WITH USAA OR DIFFERENT INSURANCE COMPANIES AND HAVE HAD SERIOUS SITUATIONS SUCH AS MINE DON'T END UP LIKE ME. FORCE THE ISSUE; GET IT IN WRITING, TAKE DOWN NAMES, PHONE NUMBERS, AND DATES AND TIMES CONVERSATIONS TAKE PLACE. THEY ARE LIKE ANY OTHER BUSINESS; THEIR PRESENCE HERE IS TO MAKE MONEY AND PROFIT, NO MATTER THE CONSEQUENCES. I'M NOT SAYING THAT ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE BAD, BECAUSE EVERY COMPANY HAS THEIR COMPLAINTS. ALSO, HAD I NOT DOCUMENTED, GOT NAMES AND NUMBERS AND CONVERSATIONS DOWN, I WOULD NOT HAVE ANYTHING FOR MY ATTORNEYS TO FILE SUIT. BE CAREFUL; PROTECT YOUR FAMILY, YOUR HEALTH, AND YOUR ASSETS, ESPECIALLY YOUR CHILDREN; BECAUSE WE STILL DO NOT KNOW ALL THE LONG TERM SIDE AFFECTS THAT MY SON WILL CONTINUE TO EXPERIENCE THROUGHOUT HIS LIFE BECAUSE WE LIVED WITH MOLD INFESTING OUR HOME SO LONG. HE'S WHAT IS IMPORTANT, THE DAMAGE TO MY RESPITORY SYSTEM IS UNDESPUTED; MY CONCERN IS MY SON AND THE ACCOUNTABILITY THAT USAA HAS TO HIM IN THE FUTURE, HENCE THE LAWSUIT. I ALREADY KNOW MY HEALTH IS HORRIB LE AND POSSIBLE THAT LIFE SPAN HAS BEEN CUT SHORT AND THERE IS NOTHING THAT I CAN DO ABOUT IT, I'VE ACCEPTED IT AND NOW HAVE TO ENSURE MY SON IS TAKEN CARE OF. JUST LIKE THAT, USAA CHANGED MY LIFE BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT TO PAY A CLAIM AND BE HONEST. HAD I NOT BEEN SO TRUSTING AND BELIEVED THAT USAA HAD ME AND MY FAMILY'S BE INTEREST AT HEART, AND FOLLOWED ALL THEIR INSTRUCTIONS EACH TIME WITHOUT QUESTIONS, I WOULD BE HEALTHY, NO EMERGENCY ROOM VISITS, CONSULTATIONS WITH DOCTORS OVER MY BREATHING PROBLEMS AND MY SON WOULDN'T HAVE SIDE EFFECTS. LET ME BE THE CAUTIONARY TALE TO QUESTION, ALWAYS QUESTIONS!

I SEE MY ATTORNEYS IN TWO WEEKS, AND I'M NOT LOOKING FORWARDS TO FLYING, OR EXPOSING MYSELF TO A DIFFENT CLIMATE CHANGE THAT CAN MAKE ME ILL, IT'S A RISK TO MY HEALTH, BUT IF I DON'T GO AND FACE USAA, THEY WIN AND THEY HAVE NO ACCOUNTABILITY AND THEY GET TO DO THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO, I'M GOING TO RISK MY HEALTH AND PRAY I DON'T HAVE SEVERE RESPITORY PROBLEMS WHILE AWAY OR UP IN THE AIR ON A PLANE WHERE I CAN’T GET ANY HELP. BUT WHILE I'M THERE, IF ANYONE WANTS ME TO GIVE THEIR NAME AND INFORMATION TO MY ATTORNEYS AND IF A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT IS POSSIBLE, I WILL GIVE THEM TTHE INFORMATION AND IF THEY HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE, THEY MAY CONSIDER DOING IT, I DON'T KNOW, BUT ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. I CAN'T GUARENTEE IT, BUT NONE OF US HAVE ANYTHING TO LOSE. THERE IS MORE STRENGTH IN NUMBERS THAN STANDING ALONE. YOU MAY CONTACT ME AT lander8646@aol.com. reference USAA Class Action, Name, Phone Number or email, Situation, and I will pass it on to them to see if they want it or if they can do it. Signing off AND GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, AND AGAIN, BE CAREFUL. THERE ARE PREDITORS OUT THERE. KIM.
 7th of Oct, 2011 by   Jeff Meyer 0 Votes
I've worked with USAA over 20 years and they are hands down the best large company out there. Never a problem with any of their products or employees. Reading through these complaints it is obvious that the writers are not the most astute individuals with zero since of personal responsibility and no clue about how to deal with a company.

Their stories are unfortunate, but the accusations are ridiculous to the point of being absurd. For instance, blaming USAA for telling them the wrong location of the leak. USAA is not a home repair business. They are insurance, banking, investment company. Please people get a clue.
 3rd of Nov, 2011 by   25 Year USAA Veteran -1 Votes
Jeff,
Have you ever had to file a complaint with USAA over the past 20 yrs? I bank with them, have auto insurance and homeowners ins. (on 2 houses) through them, purchased both of my houses through them, an equity loan AND my husband's a Navy Veteran. In 25 yrs of being a loyal customer (and referring others to them), I have placed 1 claim with them (homeowners) upon which they wanted to drop me. I had to BEG them to keep me, agreeing to up my deductible by double and drop my sump pump insurance. I now need them again and they are refusing to cover my rotting roof (due to the "perils" of snow and ice build up). All I can say to you is that I'm glad you're happy and I hope you never actually "need" to file a claim with them. BTW, I am a well-educated (4 yr college degree), middle class, American who trusts that when we pay good hard earned $ for a product a company should stand behind said product, and insurance IS a product.
 23rd of Nov, 2011 by   ubetj 0 Votes
I've always said the best way to make these people or companies pay attention is to hit them where it hurts, THEIR WALLETS. If every policy holder they have were to threaten to change insurance companies at the same time what do you suppose would happen? They're not going to take the first 10 callers seriously or even the first 10, 000 but multiply the next 10, 000 by the next 10, 000 and see how fast they start picking up the phones next time you call with a problem. Think about it, would you much rather pay a few dollars in late fees or keep getting the same crappie service. Who knows you might even find an another insurance that you are really comfortable with and not one that waves the old RED, WHITE and BLUE in your face. How many of you have noticed that that seems to be the trick of the day now to sucker in clients and once they know they have you in so deep you can't see your way out, amnisa sets in and they can only remember what's in the fine print of their policy and not what you could swear came out of their mouth.
 23rd of Nov, 2011 by   ubetj 0 Votes
Hey Jeff, you wrote 8 sentences, and in those 8 sentences you demonstrated to everyone the garbage attitude that your policy holders have to deal with. Reading your 8 sentences I'm willing to bet that you were hoping your boss was going to walk into work the next day, pat you on the back and hand you a raise. Have you ever seen the movie "The Secert Life of Walter Mitty"?
 9th of Mar, 2012 by   vaguelyambiguous 0 Votes
Declare your independence from USAA, if you currently have USAA insurance, schedule today as the day to change insurance carriers. Low rates are one thing, but if you don't anything for it, what's the point. You're just giving someone your money for nothing. You might as well just start giving that money to your local church and donating it. At least then you'd get something out of it.

USAA has several class-action law suits against them as well as many other policy holders who just don't have the money to file a law suit. You can still file a contingency based law-suit, if you can fine an attorney who is confident enough to win a case against a large insurance agency.

You can file a complaint with the NAIC and the state insurance bureau. If they receive enough complaints they will take action and may file a class-action lawsuit for everyone with the same issue within your state.

USAA demonstrates a tenacity to low-ball estimates and not pay what they should if anything at all. USAA is doing the same thing the insurance companies did when hurricanes hit Florida and Louisiana. Before you decide to ignore this message or any of the others before it, ask yourself if you are confident that USAA will pay your insurance claim or find a way around it. Considering all of the other posts regarding it...evidence quite clearly says they won't. Once a thief, always a thief. If they've done it to others, they'll do it to you too.

I've had USAA for over a decade and have had to file an auto claim and 2 home insurance claims in that time. The first when I was first starting to drive and hit an unmarked pothole, USAA declined to cover the damage to my vehicle stating it wasn't covered within the policy. I had full-coverage. In the past 2 years, we've had to file 2 home insurance claims on a home we purchased and had to PCS away from and have since rented out. Both instances, USAA has done nothing but cause delays. Our claims rep, Felicia Leggett is by far the worst. She seeks out whatever is in the best interest of USAA. Her manager, Terry Sauve is no different. She has requested 4 inspections to get the lowest possible estimate. And don't even get me started on Paul Davis Restoration, their go to contractor. They will give you the lowest possible estimate and do the least amount of work possible. it might look repaired, but it isn't. That probably goes for any other "preferred network provider" of USAA. Don't use them. On our previous claim, Paul Davis was brought in and only estimated $12, 000+ for the job. After they failed to do anything the 30 days following the removal of the water mitigation equipment, we chose our own contractor. This estimate came to almost $30, 000. USAA then wanted to bring in another adjustor, so I requested a 3rd party independent adjustor, IAS. Their estimate was pretty close to $30, 000. So that begs to ask whether or not USAA is doing anything morally or ethically right.

We are a military family, and I don't believe for a second that USAA's interests are to support military families. USAA's interests are greed and the bottom dollar. If you don't believe me, simply wait until you have to file a claim yourself. If you decide to stick with USAA, be forewarned and at the very least record every conversation and keep a record of every correspondence including dates.

USAA is highly noted for their UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES and BAD FAITH.

Declare your independence form USAA today, or declare your stupidity.
 25th of Mar, 2012 by   HollyHuney 0 Votes
OMG ... you all live my nightmare too!!! I thought I was all alone. I have been trying to get my home repaired since Jan 28, 2011. We ended up finding 3 types of toxic mold in the air and surfaces of our home. They sent us a contractor (ARS, Springfield, MA) that screwed with us for months then sent a sub-contractor. We questioned why the sub-contractor was taking "short cuts". Was told that ARS told them to. Had a meeting with David (adjustor at ARS - USAA just used his report instead of sending their own adjustor). David informed us that he "made a mimstake on the proposal and weren't going to do that." (with a check of $19, 277.00 sitting on his desk) WHAT?!?!?! BREACH OF CONTRACT!! Contacted USAA told them what happened and the idiot on the phone asked me "Well, what do you want to do?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I told them I wanted them out of my house immediately. It just goes on and on. I have gotten so ill the my heart has been affected, my lungs, memory, etc. Found out not only are we living with 3 types of toxic mold but I'm ALLERGIC to mold!! Had to move me, my husband, our FIVE children and our large husky into my mother's 2 bedroom mobile home. Oh yeah! Been here since Jan 26, 2012. Unbelievable! We have an attorney but he is dragging his feet getting some 93A letters to ARS and USAA demanding settlement or something like that.

The Lice Lady's Tips to Keep Your Child Lice Free