logo

Bunch of scammers

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

US Search Complaints & Reviews - Scam charges!

US Search Contacts & Informations

US Search

Posted:    Valerie

Scam charges!

US Search
www.ussearch.com
I asked for specific info on e mail address. Agreed to pay 'special' price of $1.95. Info shown was already 'free' everywhere. I asked my son to use his credit card for me. I not only did not get promised info, they charged the credit $10.00! My son is angry at me and I had to give him an additional $10.00. He says 'never again, I told you they were all scammers'. It appears he is right. It may not be a lot of money to most people, but it might less food for me. It's just wrong!! So far I have not found a single 'honest' search engine and that is a sad commentary for internet users! It was important to me and that is taking advantage of people's emotions in the worst way. I don't know where else to complain.

Sincerely, Donna, Apple Valley, Calif.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Feb, 2011 by   Debmay 0 Votes
I totally agree. I did one search and they continued to bill me a monthly fee of $19.95! I called them and told them that I wanted to d/c my membership that I didn't even know I had. When I told them what a scam this was, Samuel in customer service agreed to credit me the last charge on my credit card. Beware of them - don't hand over your credit card number!
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   gr8fulguy 0 Votes
Thank you for the information. you guys saved me.
 13th of Apr, 2011 by   rennel 0 Votes
They charged me to do a background check and then said that the state I wanted wasn't available. They refused to give me any of my money back, so I agree they are scammers!
 28th of Apr, 2011 by   FoxValley 0 Votes
I purchased a rental tenant screening from these guys and I paid for what I got. Then they signed me up for a monthly subscription and they charged me 19.95 for March and April. In April I found that it in my credit statement and called their number 888-999-4384 . They canceled the membership and they refunded only the April Membership. Never get anything from these guys. They are scammers.
 10th of Jun, 2011 by   aboveaverageiq 0 Votes
I think these people should read what they are agreeing to before they go clicking buttons. The website clearly indicates that the special pricing is under "search and save" which is billed at a rate of 19.95/mth. I am so sick of all the victims out there that don't bother to read anything and then blame everyone else. If you pay the slightly higher price, you don't get billed a monthly fee. I used the service but took my time to read what I was agreeing to and the "search and save" wasn't for me so I paid the higher price. Oh and if you can't afford to eat, maybe performing background checks shouldn't be a priority for you! Hand on forehead!
 23rd of Jun, 2011 by   sucker 2 0 Votes
Thay just charged me 19.95 and I never did anything.
 3rd of Jul, 2011 by   Ericwess 0 Votes
So did anyone actually get the information they were looking for?
 4th of Feb, 2012 by   not a sucker ny more 0 Votes
I checked an doubled read what I clicked I have canceled my account for 2 years now even got a new credit card an I am still getting charged I thought I was goin to find out who I am an who my birthparents r but all I got was a bill 2 year bill an a addresse that lead me to a dead woman but I guess it is ok cause I have went to other sites an researched but I will not give them my credit card number
 11th of Jun, 2012 by   Barbara Gulmette 0 Votes
They just did the same thing to me. I was very careful and I read everything, stating that I wanted only the one name, the one address, and the one phone number, for $1.95. They stuck me for an extra $19.95. I'm taking this laying down, I'm contacting the Better Business Bureau.
 11th of Jun, 2012 by   Barbara Gulmette 0 Votes
ussearch has over charged me. I was very careful and I read everything, stating that I wanted only the one name, the one address, and the one phone number, for $1.95. They stuck me for an extra $19.95.This is unfair, their must be something we can do? I'm not taking this laying down, I'm starting by contacting the Better Business Bureau.
 11th of Mar, 2014 by   Mary Strawn-Hamilton 0 Votes
Same here...did not find what I wanted & service was not complete, requested to cancel (within allotted time period ) and still was billed $17.47. As result was contacted by Fraud Unit of my bank and had to closeout card. Now have to fill out form and wait for new card. I feel I was scammed and inconvenienced.

Taxes 2011 - Refund Anticipation Loans