logo

Phone Harassement

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

US Financial Resources, Indianapolis, Indiana Complaints & Reviews - Unapproved Debit Charge

US Financial Resources Contacts & Informations

US Financial Resources

Posted: 2011-04-08 by    arizblue1

Unapproved Debit Charge

Indianapolis, Indiana
I received a telephone call regarding Government Grants to individuals for any need that would not require any pay back. I opted to a $3.97 charge from my debit account for this program ONLY! The rep wanted my to buy other options I said ONLY $3.97 charge and ABSOLUTELY no other charges or memberships to my account! I was told that I had 10 days to cancel my $3.97 membership. Well the next day I cancelled @ easy help center.com (per a recording 1-866-549-6225) to find out that they also had signed my up for some other program @ an additional charge! I checked my banking account and they did not allow 10 days; instead they instantly withdrew from my account a total of $53.97! This caused my a financial problem, being unemployed! The Rep. had stated that this telephone conversation was recorded; so stating that I said no additional fees and they did not allow 10 days as promised! I'm calling my bank to report Fraud! Please let everyone know about this SCAM! Whatever can be done thru this service I would truelly appreciate! Sincerely, A. Rettig 317-246-8616
Comments United States Government Grants
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Jul, 2011 by   EDWARD WILLIAM 0 Votes
US FINANCIAL RESOURCES IS NOT A SCAM...I PAYED $3.87 AND I WAS PROVIDED WITH THE LEGAL PAPER WORKS AND I FILLED THOSE PAPERS AND SEND TO ADDRESS GIVEN...! AND I GOT MY GRANT FREE MONEY WITHIN 7 BUSINESS DAYS.]
SO THE PERSON ABOVE HAD NOT COMPLETED WITH THE LEGAL FORMALITIES SO HE DIDNT RECIEVED HIS GRANTS.
THIS IS NOT A SCAM...SO PEOPLE THOSE WHO ARE IN SERIOUS NEED OF MONEY CAN APPLY FOR IT. It"s JUST ONE TIME ACCOUNT SET UP FEE THAT IS TAKEN FROM YOU AS SHIPPING AND HANDLING CHARGES.SO LET ME TELL EVERY CITIZEN OF USA TO GO FOR THE GRANT FREE MONEY. THIS MONEY IS PROVIDED BY US GOVT.
 4th of Sep, 2011 by   Webester Thierry 0 Votes
I applied for the grant and didnt hear anything from anyone. My email address is sammytee123@yahoo.com and not phierry@suddlenlink.com. Please give me a call at 337-263-6727. Thank you for letting post my complaint. Really looking forward to hear from you.
 14th of Dec, 2011 by   ALPHIA 0 Votes
i completely agree the charge was charged to me for $3.87 and i applied in 10 days i did have any harm on my bank account...i have now signed up for membership with them and getting my regular support on their customer service...please try it it's nice i did got through..
 23rd of Mar, 2012 by   family sanchez -1 Votes
ya i got a call aswell saying that i had unlimited amout of money and only a $3.87 charge for membership well i gave them my dads credit card andthey fuckin whiped out his whole bank account from $7000 to 0$ this is a damm scam people get it through your heads its fake and now my dad and i are screwed
 14th of May, 2012 by   rbenton27 -1 Votes
I received the same phone call and they are a scam all the way none of the employees could answer any question about the reports about them being a scam. When the account manager got on the line he simply hung up after a told him his call center was full of unprofessional individuals that needed to be fired! I called back and asked where they are located the woman said U-ta I said you mean Utah she said thanks for that and hung up.
 19th of May, 2012 by   VINCENT FOSTER +1 Votes
I applied for the grant and i get my education grant $7000 15 BUSINESS DAYS its good
 24th of May, 2012 by   A Long -1 Votes
I have been receiving numerous calls from this place at my job. I have 5 witnesses who hear me tell them I did not ask for a grant, I do not want a grant, and I want them to stop calling me. I received at least 5 in one day, got 3 more the next. A week went by, and oh my, guess what, again a call from a non english-speaking male. I said I asked you to remove my number from your base I am on a do not call list, and you are calling me on my job, and I do not want your calls. He hung up, an hour later, I got another call, same place. I started keeping a record of the name they give me and the phone numbers are not always the same but the name of the business is. Yep, it IS our USA money being given to other countries, and they are loaning it back to us! this is a scam, and the next call I do get from them I am hiring an attorney. anyone else interested in suing this place maybe we can do a mass suit! notice too, the ones above who say they got money, barely write and/or speak English well, so I must assume they are placing their own "good?" reviews.
 26th of May, 2012 by   John T Hoyle II +1 Votes
i applied for the goverment grant money for education after some they call me and they say they are calling from us financial resources
they provide me my username & passward and that person say me you have to write a letter in that letter you have to write how much grant you want, i fillup that application and i submit it and in 2 weeks i got my grant which i hope
 26th of May, 2012 by   Melissa Espinosa 0 Votes
i applied for the goverment grant money for education after some they
call me and they say they are calling from us financial resources
his name was dexter Then 2 to 4 weeks later i would recieve my
money. i gave them my debit card. then after 10 days i got my grant money.
god bless dexter.
 1st of Jun, 2012 by   mag_pie1967 0 Votes
I get these same calls all the time and when I try to call the number back it only ask me to enter my account number...NOT HAPPENING!!! This is a scam. Here are the numbers they are calling from and they are located somewhere in Atlanta GA...I located them with the gps locator...678-221-0057 and 678-221-0056
 20th of Jul, 2012 by   april55 0 Votes
I just got a call from danny brown and I have heard the same thing about $3.87. They said my money is waiting for me and I get to tell them how much grant I need . By reading your reviews I dont want to get scamed. I am low income and cant afford to take the chance with even $3.87.
 25th of Jul, 2012 by   Warning Others 0 Votes
I received a phone call from "US Financial Services" today. I heard the same sales pitch/story about being selected to receive a US Government Grant. I was really suspicious when I could not understand the person talking to me. I did play along while I tried to get more information about the company. I did give him my address, telephone number(which he called me on) and e-mail address. When he asked for CC information, to bill the $3 and whatever cents too; I told him NO WAY am I going to give that information out to a company that I knew nothing about without researching it first. Then I got the ...it is only $3.89, or what ever it was, and then he tried to intimidate me by saying that ..."FINE I WILL JUST CANCEL ALL YOUR FREE MONEY INFORMATION". He gave me 17827his name as Eric Watson and his employee id # of 17827 and a telephone number of 1 800 558-0064. After I hung up, I called that number and the lady that answered, some what more fluent in English, just answered "hello". When I asked who I was calling, she hesitated and then said it was some marketing company. I told her that I was trying to reach US Financial Company and suddenly, that was who I reached. That was enough for me so I did an internet search and ended up here. I agree with A Long and believe that they are posting positive information about themselves. I am just trying to let others know about my dealings with them and warn others. I was also told that the company was in Texas and when I asked what city; he couldn't come up with a city name in TX...lol... and changed the subject.
 26th of Jul, 2012 by   Tim Campbell 0 Votes
I was contacted by 'Johnny King' and he is calling me tomorrow for my cc info that I refused to give him today. That bought me time to research the company a little and now after reading all of these complaints and finding that they are not recognized by the BBB, I have plenty of ammo to tell Mr. Johnny King where he can shove his grant money.
 14th of Sep, 2012 by   peppersdrei 0 Votes
I received a call from these people first number had a 210 area code the call got hung up and I immediately received a second phone call from a 607 area code that threw up multiple red flags
 26th of Sep, 2012 by   Beatrice Ducre 0 Votes
I received a call today from a guy who said my grant was approved and a fee of $3.87 for processing the grant, i was giving a confirmation number 201154 and was told to go to www.support@usfinance.com put in my ID beatrice.ducre@yahoo, PW 70119 and a address: US Finance these peoples or person need to be stop and our money return to our credit cards.
P.O.Box 333
Pleasant grove, UT 8406 I was call from this number 714-394-3788 Anaheim, Ca 12:38pm these peoples are perfection liers. I am sorry i was not smart as the person who took on Johnny King, $3.87 is all i will loose!
 4th of Oct, 2012 by   Aurelia21 0 Votes
I'm very cautious when someone calls and asks for credit card information. The caller (with "unknown" on caller ID) stated that he was with US Financial Resource and gave the name of Charles Marvin, however, he had a very heavy accent. I know some people change their names, but some use as a cover. I called the Customer Care number provided (866-549-6224) and it was not in service. I've researched grants and the government does NOT offer grants to individuals for ANY reason and no one can get the money for you. Government grants are provided for certified and functioning non-profits, educational institutions, government agencies and municipalities. Go to www.usgrants.gov for an idea of grant synopsis and a list of qualifications and requirements. There is no free money to be given with just an application fee of $3.75 from someone who claims that they can get it from the government on your behalf. From what I understand there are some companies that will provide instructions, for a price, on how to submit proposals for a grant. Grant writing does take skill. Not sure if the caller was actually an employee of US Financial Resource, but they appear to be connected. The Better Business Bureau rating for US Financial Resource is D- from an A+ to F range, and they are not BBB accredited. If someone on this complaint page is stating that they have received money, I think that it is a member of the USFR. Buyer beware! People are preying on individuals that are going through difficult financial times and sometimes we want to believe it's true.
 13th of Oct, 2012 by   honeybee30 0 Votes
I have recievevd the same calls for the last few days, I have asked them to stop callin but they continue to at all time of the day. I just reciceed two phone calls back to back asking for my c.c number once again. Please contact me if you have any info on this company are how i can make them stop calling.. 559-3751235
 13th of Oct, 2012 by   honeybee30 0 Votes
This is sad how people take advantage of you so fast liiking for a little help and these people see you and pounce on you i wish it was a way to teach them a lesson and sue there ass im so mad..
 2nd of Nov, 2012 by   MonicaAnne 0 Votes
There are multiple versions of this scam around just now. I am researching because I got a call like this the other day, but I am not sure who the caller was. I am researching to do some reporting to the feds for a couple reasons. The new spin is they are actually claiming to be from the Treasury Department. Well, that's easy enough to check on so I called them and of course they confirmed that any version of this storyline is, indeed, a scam.

The scam has been around in this version or the Advance Fee version mostly since 2008, with a few reports going back as far as 2006. The popping up of the "I really did get my grant money" posts seems to have begun in a very small trickle around the end of 2009, with more and more of them appearing starting around summer of 2011.

I'm not sure of this company, but most of the Advance Fee versions of the scam use Voice over Internet Protocol technologies to mask the phone numbers's real origin, which is usually outside the U.S. Some people have the technology to still trace the origins of the call, and so far on sites like this one I have seen the following countries identified as the originating location of the call: India [the most], Nigeria (relatively few), Pakistan, Peru, Viet Nam, and Korea. With some guesses, but no actual tracing, of China.

I'm wrapping up my own data collection efforts and preparing to make reports to the Dept. of Treasury and the FBI. I c&p-ed this website's URL, because there are the most positive reviewers on this one than on any other scam review sites that I've seen. But most scam report websites on these types of scams now have one or two positive reviews on them. There are also a couple of posts like "Do you have proof it's a scam?" or "How do you know the calls will go to international numbers and you will get asked for money?" which also MAY be the scammers themselves, or just people who are still hoping these are real grant opportunities. The English skills in the latter type posts tend to be more like native speakers.

That (the URL for this site) will definitely be going to the FBI.

I did the research because there seemed to me to be a shift in my case where I had been calls on a different type of scam and then it switched to the "Dept. of Treasury" scam, so I wanted to see if there was information new enough that potentially The Department of Treasury didn't have that information. There seems to be big change in this kind of thing in about the last six months or so.

As a few other posters have mentioned, the positive reviewers have very poor English skills. A giveaway that they are almost certainly the scammers themselves.

Perhaps supplying the URL to the FBI will help them trace the identify of some of these so-called grant recipients.
 3rd of Nov, 2012 by   th!sman 0 Votes
If you get these calls make sure you have a loud sports air horn handy. Then blow it on the scummer!

Beware Fake Charities