logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
REDUCTIONGURUMD.COM
Bogus charges and fake subscription
2. (3 mins ago)
Flixaddict.com
SCAM- charges your credit card when they say they won't!
3. (4 mins ago)
Free of Blemishes
posting fake comments and product is a scam
4. (4 mins ago)

US Engines Inc Contacts & Informations

Posted: 2012-06-13 by    Djlucht

Faulty Engine

Kent, Washington
DO NOT TRUST THIS BUSINESS! I purchased a rebuilt engine for my Boat in April of 2011 from US Engines Inc. in Kent, WA. Within a few hours of use the engine dumped large quantities of oil into the bottom of my boat. I took it back to US Engines who provided a 7 year warranty with the engine. They claimed to find the problem and fixed it after a couple of weeks in their shop. I used the boat again and same problems occurred within a few hours of using the boat. I brought it back and they claimed to find and fix the problem again. I used the boat and again the same thing, massive oil leaks with minutes this time around. I brought it back a total of 4 times in 2011 and my boating season was completely ruined. During all of these repairs they blamed the leaks on many different problems including: holes under the timing cover and fuel mixing with the oil. They even claimed to have put a different engine in my boat but the serial number remained the same on the block.
Also in 2011 while the boat was in their shop they managed to break off the key in the ignition, break off my throttle, leave wires exposed to melt and overheat on the engine which caused the electrical system to shut down. During different repairs they did not even replace parts such as my exhaust shutters and screws that hold the engine compartment in place. Worst mechanics I have ever dealt with.

In April of 2012 I had the engine DE-winterized and I took the boat out the 1st weekend in May. The engine dumped the oil again within 30 minutes of use. I complained to Charlie Silvers at US Engines and I told him I will not bring my boat back due to the unprofessional work done in 2011. He referred me to Lake Washington Boat Center in Auburn, WA. I agreed to let them try to fix the oil leak issue. They had the boat for 2 days and claim to find the problem (hold under the timing cover) and that it was fixed. We tried the boat again and it dumped the oil within 5 minutes of use on the water. I did extensive online research and found that Lake Washington Boat Center owns US Engines and Mike Crossan is the CEO. They have continually denied that Lake Washington Boat Center is affiliated with US Engines.
During online research I discovered Lake Washington Boat Center/US Engines has changed their business license and legal name 9 times. They have operated under the names: Lake Washington Boat Center, US Engine and Import Engines inc., US Motors inc., Lake Washington Boat inc., Lake Washington Boats, US Engines Corp., US Engines inc., US Engine, and US Marine and Domestic Engines Inc. I also found extensive negative online reviews. Most of these complaints and stories are similar to mine. Faulty engines and oil leak problems. Charlie from US Engines has commented back to many of these complaints with the same response: "Not our Fault" and blamed the problem on the consumer.
I agree with many of the statements in consumer online complaints: “This business is fraudulent, unethical and scam artists.” One complaint even stated "The owner should be in jail."
The Better Business Bureau has 33 complaint cases against US Engines in the past 3 years for problems with product/Service and Guarantee/Warranty Issues. They claim to have an A+ BBB Rating but they do not have accreditation with the BBB. I also found 30 Superior Court Cases against US Engine since 2000 and 6 District Cases. I currently do not know the nature of these lawsuits and the outcomes but I am not sure how any business can survive this much litigation against them.
They will not refund my money and they have clearly demonstrated they cannot or will not repair my faulty engine. They blame me the consumer for the oil leaking issues and they will not stand behind their warranty. I wish I had done my research before doing business with them.

Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Oct, 2012 by   bozoman99 0 Votes
Anyone with a complaint against US Engines should file with he Washington State Attorney General. The BBB is complicit in that they allow US Engines to display the "A+" rating and refuse to take any aciton to force US Engines to remove the false rating.

5 Tips to Save on Back to School