logo

Tillamook, Oregon
Phone: 503-842-4402
usbank.com
Two Incidents.
Starting with the most recent.

2 days ago on Tuesday September 22nd I made a Cash Advance on my account after noticing my account had been over-drafted due to a check that I had expected went through already. I made this Cash advance for $80.00 to bring my account to a positive $38.00.

US Bank Online Banking support assures that Cash Advancing is instantaneous, it is instant. US Bank branches will tell you that Cash Advancing takes 24 hours to process. I have many plenty of Cash advances and they have all been instant at that very minute, I have covered over drafts, I have advanced extra money that I spent 'THAT DAY'.

4 hours after making this cash advance on the 22nd, I proceeded as normal, I needed to pick up groceries and household necessities. I spent $4 at Safeway and $3 at Fred Meyer that day using debit card.

Being cautious as I am with US Bank, I checked online banking once again after making those debit card purchases. NOW, Cash Advance says its (pending) as are the 2 debit card purchases.

On the 23rd, 2 more overdraft fees are accessed to my account, these overdraft fees were from the 2 debit card purchases. On the 23rd, the Cash Advance shows up AFTER the 2 debit card purchases.

What the hell?

I call my bank branch to get the most rude banker(I know everything about the bank that I have worked for, for 11 years-person) and she tells me that this is ALL my fault. Basically it was my fault that Online Banking does NOT reflect the true balance that NEITHER my home bank branch or online banking has.
I was transferred to Online Banking phone number at 1-800-USBanks and they told me I was lieing, I did my cash advance on the 23rd at 11:30:26am.

1. I would NOT have gone to Safeway and Fred Meyer without doing a cash advance first.
2. That time they told me was when Cash Advance was DONE pending, NOT when I click 'I agree' to have the funds advanced-WHICH they told me the time was when I CLICKED that button.

So lesson be learned.
.ALWAYS Print or Screenshot cash advances to show date and TIME!

..Cash advancing in internet banking IS NOT instant(according to bank branches) BUT WAIT, IT IS INSTANT (according to online banking support themselves)

...US BANK has their own loopholes to generate them more money off of over-drafting and cash advancing. They are liars. They have rude customer service. All they care about is every penny they can collect.

By the way, I've been banking with them for over 15 years, and got treated like they don't care.

::Second Instant

To be quick and blunt. I deposited 2 separate checks for over $100.00. I then withdrew 100.00 from the ATM to have my available funds in cash.

Us Bank holds all funds except for 100.00.

I had plenty of money in this bank account, and had TWO pending debit charges.

The next day I had a negative balance. What happened was those 2 debit charges counted TOWARD my 100.00 available funds, HOW?
Even with TWO checks deposited, STILL only $100.00 is available, not $100 for each check.

Basically, I got overdraft charges for my 2 pending debit charges, and 2 overdraft charges for each check that was DEPOSITED. Total deposit and money in bank with checks fully gone in would have been $350.00 roughly.

What happened is after all the overdraft charges was accessed that day, both checks were still being processed, the next morning not even the checks could cover the overdraft charges and it remained negative for weeks til I told them they were not taking any more money from me.

In no way, shape or form, should the bank overdraft more money than the deposits you put in. Instead they ended up taking over $700 because I had 2 debit charges pending when I decided to withdraw my $100 available funds from ONE check.

Why has this bank not been brought down? Scammers.
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Virtual Doctor Visits - Medical Savings?

Latest Groups