Posted: 2015-02-06 by

Ripped me off

Smiths shopping center, Dayton, Nevada, 89403
Dayton, United States
These guys are unprofessional, and have no idea what they're doing! Here's an awesome story about how a lovely teller at my local branch doesn't know how to read my account and really gave it to me good.

Saturday: 31 January, 2015: I cancelled my Netflix back in December and still got a charge for January. I called this lady (01/31), and she says she can block all attempts from Netflix if they try taking any more out. They take out a February payment and got away with it. I'm negative 1.50. okay, I call, complain about her, and move 3.00 from savings to checking. Monday rolls around, and I'm all of a sudden 6.00 in the hole. Okay, I call the bank, and the girl actually found why. I transfer 12.00 over to my checking. Tuesday, I get hit with an overdraft fee. I call, and she says there's nothing she can do about it. Great! Thursday morning hits, and I have another 30.00 charge! now I'm 60.00 in the hole. I call and she has no idea why I was charged a second overdraft fee. I talk to the manager, and she says I must've done something, and whatever it is, isn't showing up on her end... OKAY! Thursday night (02/05/2015) ((THE SAME DAY I WAS GIVEN A SECOND OVERDRAFT FEE)), I am doing my budget, and get online to get the full amount, so I can figure out my rent... NOW I'M 102.00 IN THE HOLE! I call the bank, and the lovely manager says it's not her problem! She has no idea why it would do that, and I just have to deal with it! My check posted in my acct this morning, and now I'm behind on bills, thanks to 2 incredibly intelligent ladies, and one scandalous banking program.
If you are a veteran like I am, and going to US Bank for their free "Platinum Account", BEWARE! This bank doesn't care for veterans! They WILL take full on advantage of you!
Complaint comments Comments (26) Complaint country United States Complaint category Banks
Was the above complaint useful?

5th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
I opened an accout at US Bank to take advantage of a $75.00 in Free groceries promotion at Albertson during Thanksgiving. I was informed Christmas Eve eve that my account went over by about $7.00. They are now insisting I pay fees of over $200.00. After calling the 800 number I was informed that the site manager must reverse the fees. I asked to speak with the manager the clear the matter up but was informed that this location has no manager until some time in January and that I would be billed $8.oo every day until I pay the fees.
 21st of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I think the allegations against US Bank are serious indeed . The US Dept of Consumer Affairs lists 17 pages of complaints against this bank and the complaints all have a common theme; erroneous fees charged, mainly for 'overdrafts' when in fact the funds have been in the account.
I was sucked into US Bank by Safeway Supermarket, again saying $75 in 'free groceries' simply for opening an account. Long story short, they charge me $190 in fees plus, are you ready for this, a $25 'account closure fee' wait it gets better, and report me to Chex Systems because a check I deposited proved to be no good. (I still can't figure that one out, I am out the money, I never drew any funds from the check and I am the one they go after?)
Clearly US Bank is in the business of collecting fees, not banking. I think the tie in with different supermarket chains is noteworthy and I think there is a HUGE class action suit here.
 3rd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
US Bank has the highest fees of any bank. And they do what ever they can to extract fees from you. Their Overdraft Fee is the highest ever: $37.50. I made an ATM withdrawal at a US Bank ATM that put me over by$3. They charged me $37.50! All they had to was say Insufficient Funds and I would have withdrew $20 less and avoided that huge fee. Allowing me to go $3 overdrawn so they could charge me an outrageous fee is awful! US Bank is awful.
 23rd of Sep, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I agree. I setup an equity line over the phone and was told the line would be for a certain amount and rate. However when I went to use the line the rate I was charged was different. Apparently with their premier equity line there is no one single rate, you get charged a different rate depending on how much you 'withdraw' from it. That is not the bad part the really bad part is that when I called to complain I was treated like crap, Michelle (id 77750) told me rudely 'it is not our fault' we sent you a contract or statement that listed what the rates and conditions were, you should have reviewed it. I agree with her I should have, but when I asked her repeatedly to admit that the bank could do a better job of explaining these things 'verbally', all she said was 'we sent you the terms and conditions', 'that is all we have to do'.

Crap service in my opinion, will be changing banks.
 24th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I deposited a payroll check and then the next day went to the ATM and withdrew money and then I get a letter in the mail saying I was overdrawen, when the ATM gave me the money. It should of not given me the money. This is not the first time this has happened. I'm closing my account on Monday. Plus they are the highest charging bank at $37.50 for an over draft fee. I work very hard for my money and will not deal with some one who is out to cheat you out of every penny they can
 25th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
In other words, you didn't read the terms of your account to find out when deposited checks are actually posted to your account. The same thing will keep happening to you at other banks until you decide to pay attention.
 21st of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

US Bank - lowered limit less than whats owed

US Bank are straight crooks. I made one payment late, they lowered my limit to less than what I owed, then charged me not only a late fee but an over the limit fee. It made me so mad I stopped making payments to them all together. Now its totally ruined my credit. They call 20 times a day even on Sun at &:00 am. They can kiss my ass. What they do should be illegal. They can fuck off...
 21st of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
You expect them not to call when you don't pay your bill? They can and will sue you. Hope you think that's worth it.
 7th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes

US Bank - excessive overdraft chardes
US Bank

had balance of $57.00. debit purchases of $20. received overdraft notice, made $500 deposit. Charges $140.oo overdraftcharges. Now have a negatve $40 balance. Wont resolve by phone.
 12th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes

US Bank - poor service
935 West Foothill Blvd
Phone: 9096217911

My disabled (on an oxygen tank) sister went to closed her recently deceased husband's accounts; she was treated rudely by the "Customer Service Coordinator"; told to made an appointment so as not to interfer with the employees lunches. (That was the second visit-on the first we waited 20 minutes in an empty bank before she could bother seeing us).
 27th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
Actually its not possible to get your limit decreased so you go over your limit, that is illegal, what brought you over the limit could be interest charges, so take a look at your statement before starting to put out blame, maybe you should pay your bills on time, banks have the right to lower your credit limit at anytime they feel like it, since it is their money.

I've been where you are, but maybe you should start taking care of your finances before you start judging.
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes

8th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

US Bank - Car Lease

Charged excessive charges at termnation of car lease after every payment was made and car was turned in under mileage and in excellent condition.
 22nd of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
As a long time customer, I had signed up years ago for a fixed rate card, never missing payment. They jacked up my rate and jacked up the interest rate.
I would NEVER recommend this bank to anyone! They play around with your mortgage (fixed) rate too!...They are not your friend, nor do they care about long time excellent standing customers, so run as far away from this bank! Because they will use small print and government rules to screw you!
 1st of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
DO NOT USE US BANK! They are experts at taking your money for no reason! A few months back, after an overdraft fiasco, the bank "officer" I spoke with asked me if I wanted to sign up for overdraft protection by connecting my savings account to my debit card. I said "SURE!" (having just lost $150 in overdraft fees it sounded like a good idea). Here's the catch ... for every item that comes through your account the day the "overdraft protection" kicks in they charge you $5.00! TO USE YOUR OWN MONEY!!! I was NEVER told there was any charge whatsoever. Where is OUR protection from such scams, I ask? Here is the email I received after submitting the question online:

Thank you for using U.S. Bank's email service.

I apologize for the confusion.

When you have a savings or checking account attached for overdraft protection, there is a $5.00 charge per item that overdraws the checking account each time overdraft protection advances occur. For example, if you have two items presented for payment on the same day that exceed your available balance in the checking account, the fee would be $10.00 to cover the two items. The fee is deducted from the checking account. Advances are processed in increments of $200.00, or up to your available balance in the savings or checking account.

So, take heed, my friends! I think they hire con-men to figure out even more ways to get our hard-earned money!!!
 6th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes

US Bank - Over Draft

US Bank SUCKS!!! They rip you off!! They hold your direct deposit, let all the items that are pending clear, then let your deposit go through then charge you over draft fees!! Not to mention they hold your direct deposit till 5AM!!! Its againts the law to do that!!
 6th of Oct, 2010 by    +1 Votes
that is correct, dont blame them for your deadbeat ways...
 6th of Oct, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Exactly what Dawn said. I use a credit union and my direct deposit doesn't go through until 7 AM when they open.
 27th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
surely she has been fired
 27th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Yes...Use a checkbook register and write down all the deposits and withdrawls and voila...no overdraft fees. Checking accounts are not loans retard.

US Bank Logo US Bank