logo

FakeIdentification.co.uk
100% scam!
2. (1 mins ago)
7 Continents Travel
I haven’t received any confirmation letter.
3. (27 mins ago)

US Airlines

Posted: 2011-02-15 by    Backfist

Promotional scam

US Airlines
Got a scam letter in the mail, figure to help force company to spend more money by posting their phone number. Letter head says US Airlines (no such airline) and logo is Fly the US Skies. The envelope was hand-addressed, postmarked in AZ, and had no return address. The letter says I qualified for an award of 2 tickets worth $1, 400 to fly anywhere in the US. Suppossedly the company has tried to contact me a number of times--not. Phone number listed in the letter is 866-406-7113 with a code at the bottom CB-48767.

Don't fall for this.
Comments United States Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Feb, 2011 by   Melcarp +1 Votes
My husband also received an almost identicl letter. Hand-addressed from AZ postmark. 2 Tickets worth $1, 400. US Airlines with the "Fly the US Skies" at the top of the letter. Also had a CB 5 digit code at the bottom of the letter and a 1-866 phone # (though the phone # listed on his letter was different) - 1-866-331-6516. The letter itself was dated February 21st, 2011 and we just received it in the mail today.
 29th of Mar, 2011 by   dccircuitboy +1 Votes
I got the same letter today. There is no US Airlines. And the envelope didn't have any company letterhead. Stealth Pilot, that is why it appears to be a scam.
 14th of Apr, 2011 by   Creekpaddler +1 Votes
I received my US Airlines award notification yesterday in the mail. It was postmarked in Oklahoma City. I called 1-866-211-7705 and listened to the pitch from "Erica". Then I started asking questions about US Airlines - Fly the US Skies, and was told it was a promotion for a Nashville travel agency. When I said, "That's interesting, this shows nothing about a Nashville travel agency. It just shows a logo from a fictitious airline", Erica began to get perturbed. I live one hour from Nashville, so I was interested now. I wasn't given the name of the agency. When I dropped the words "scam", "Better Business Bureau", and "Postal Inspector", I was accused of having nothing better to do than causing trouble. Then the line went dead. Toooo bad!
 22nd of Jan, 2012 by   Tomster73 +1 Votes
I also received one of these letters stating the same exact thing. I was very close to calling them up, before I did a search on the internet. The number I got was 1-866-363-8047 and it was from a Kristina Bar. It was dated for January 17th, 2012, so this scam is still out there. So, please don't fall for these con artist people.
 27th of Jan, 2012 by   Riverrock 0 Votes
I got the letter too this month and will go to the presentation tomorrow to see who these idiots are first hand and take them to task. John Stossel, you out there. Please join me.
hahaha.
 3rd of Feb, 2012 by   Why1 0 Votes
Just got the letter today 3 Feb 2012 indicating I needed to call by 26 Jan 2012. Every detail in above comments are a match to my letter except the code. The letter is dated 17 Jan 2012 so it seems these people are just changing the year and re-sending. The phone number is 866-363-8047 with the code on the bottom of my letter being FG-22984. I am very interested to see what "Riverrock" finds out.
 29th of Mar, 2012 by   talking animal 0 Votes
I also received a hand written letter posted in Phoenix AZ, for 2 round trip tickets valued up to $1400, that had no return address on either the letter or envelope, rather strange, They are with a toll free no 1-822-826-6873, numbers on bottom of letter is GC 21959. It was quite clear this is a scam.
 16th of May, 2012 by   PISSOFF1 0 Votes
i got same letter. i call but no answer.
 16th of May, 2012 by   PISSOFF1 0 Votes
I GOT THE SAME... WE SHOULD SUE THEM TOGETHER??
 11th of Jul, 2012 by   magic vac 0 Votes
Well, they're still out there. Got my letter July 9th, 1012. Must respond by July 11th. What to do? I guess I'll have to let them issue the ticket vouchers to the alternate. Bummer, I wanted to go on a vacation. My suspicion was aroused by the lack of a proper letterhead, and lack of real information in the text of the letter. Reader beware!!
 31st of Jul, 2012 by   Ready to travel 0 Votes
I just received the same letter, received it 30 July 2012 and needed to reply by 1 August 2012. Thank you all for the warning, I was on hold when I googled US Airlines.
 9th of Aug, 2012 by   Ryanclan 0 Votes
We received an "official" looking document today. It looks like something the government, and clearing house winners receive. On the back says final notice. It claims we have won US airline tickets. They want me to call 1-866-384-3059 with a reference claim number Kd-84954.

Nothing in life is free! So, I thought I would warn you all!
 25th of Aug, 2012 by   whyagain 0 Votes
I got the 'notice' today from Vice President Jill Taye. Respond by Aug 29th. Phone was 1-866-568-2296 and claim number KN-92759. Googled and found out the scam in about 30 seconds. Thanks to everyone who reported it.
 30th of Aug, 2012 by   Scammed.09 0 Votes
I have received same dated aug. 27. Im reporting it here... Please do same https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms/MailFraudComplaint.aspx
 17th of Oct, 2012 by   sherbear14 0 Votes
Just received this scam too number is 866-754-9014 says we have until oct 24th 2012 to call. states us airlines as well and that it is not for a timeshare or land sale offer. I found this site so I now know not to call. Thanks!!!
 18th of Oct, 2012 by   ScottM 0 Votes
Got the same letter - postmark Phoenix AZ. Letter dated 10/10/12 - must respond by 10/24/12 (arrived on 10/18/12). Kind of sad...my scam was only for $1, 398! Why did I get shorted by $2????
 27th of Nov, 2012 by   Bobgrow 0 Votes
Got one of those US Airlines scam letters yesterday for 2 round trip tickets anywhere in the Continental US worth $1298.00... Called them and they said both of us had to show up for the session or it would not be any good..The letter is posted from Phoenix, AZ and i live in Missouri and the session would be in Spingdale, Arkansas.The address it was going to be at is 1500 S.48th st 72762 on Thursday thru Sunday between 5pm until 7:30..The number that was to call is 1-866-949-5793
 18th of Apr, 2013 by   Grannee 0 Votes
I received a similar letter in the mail; The phone number was 1-866-992-7749 with a code number 0f YU-51277. Whomever is sending these must think we are idiots to fall for such a scam. Postmark was Phoenix, AZ Permit No.1484.
 23rd of Apr, 2013 by   snootgirl 0 Votes
I just received similar mail. The top part indicates in can be redeemed for a certificate for 2 round trip airline tickets. The bottom portion looks exactly like a check -- routing numbers and all -- for $1, 350. On the back of the 'check' it even has a place for an endorsement. Phone number on mine is 866-342-8216, as the 'final' notice from US Airlines. Off to the shredder we go.
 17th of Jun, 2013 by   pinkdiamondfrost 0 Votes
Got the same thing today. also saying they've tried several times and I need to respond in 2 more days. hand addressed, no return, post-marked from az where i do have friends. the sad part is the letter is better written than a local municipal letter i received 2 months ago. question is, how are they getting our info?

Bluetooth Scam