logo

Posted:    Homeandbusinessowner

Delivery

UPS
Newport News, Virginia
UPS delivered a box opened. I watched through the window as he dropped it off and I came out to deny delivery but he left quickly. I called UPS and they said I need to contact the shipper for return, so my problem and UPS has no complaint department. We will no longer ship with UPS from home or business. When given an option on orders, no more UPS.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Sep, 2008 by   Gary Wayne 0 Votes
Very poor Customer Service .

Yes I had some packages brought to my home by a Lady UPS driver here in Texas near the Gulf Coast. She just put them down in front of my truck without coming to my door ringing the bell. I caught here before she left and told her not to leave until I Inspected the items for any damage which was required by the Company I had purchased them from. The Lady UPS Driver stated that she did not have time to waste on me Inspecting and that UPS is not responsible. I told her to get of my property ! I then called and filed a Complaint with the Corporate Office and her Office after I had found out she had went to my Wifes work place about a mile down the road and threaten that she would not ever deliver to my place again. Well 2 months later I ordered a part for a machine that I use for work she did not deliver it instead she lied and stated that I requested the part to be put on will call and I was going to drive 40 miles away to pick it up ! I dont think so with fuel prices the way they are .They get paid for a service and if they cannot get people to take care of thier customers then they do not need to be in the line of work they are in . I say every one should file a class action suit maybe then that would change the way they run thier Company.
 18th of Oct, 2008 by   Dave Burton 0 Votes
I have had similar problems in the UK, a package from virginmedia was delivered but we werenot at home so I contcted them and arranged for the package to be delivered the next day. It never arrived, after 7 phonecalls (premium rate) they finally admitted that it would not be delivered until the following Monday. I had to call virginmedia and force them to get the package delivered the following day, it arrived just after 12:30 .
 20th of Dec, 2008 by   nelsonrl 0 Votes
Have a package late for delivery - showed as "out for delivery" on Thursday, on Friday shows as in a different state. I called their customer service and was told the on-line tracking is just a virtual tracking system and does not reflect the real status. My wifes 30'th anniversary gift is now 3 days late. I even offered to drive 200 miles to the center where UPS claims it is just to be told no one is working at that major hub on the weekend before Christmas. This is after being told that if it made it to that center by today, they promised me the gift would arrive at my house today.
 23rd of Dec, 2008 by   The Ups Hater 0 Votes
UPS ruined my Christmas, F***ers were delivering a very important something to me for a very important person and after almost running my friend over it delivers to me an empty box, they then say in defense of their company that the "object" was never really in there. It may have been a successful excuse if I myself had not sent it myself. UPS is possibly the worst company that I have ever laid eyes on. F*** those Bastards!
 23rd of May, 2009 by   Irate at UPS 0 Votes
My husband is in process of obtaining a gov't job. Requires a hefty amount of paperwork to complete the process. He was scheduled to be in Denver for a few days at the time the paperwork came, so I shipped the docs to him via 2-day delivery using UPS. Pkg didn't arrive Friday 5/22 as contracted, husband leaves Denver Tues 5/26 am, so now need pkg to be shipped back to home! UPS will "try" to re-route the pkg on Tues, but will not upgrade the return service to overnight air, nor will they guarantee it will actually arrive back within two days! We only had ten days to turn all the docs around, so this could well cost my husband a job, and he has been out of work for a year! I will NEVER use UPS again, very poor delivery service and NO extra effort to correct their own screw up! I will share this story with as many folks as I can so everyone knows UPS does not value their customers.
 26th of May, 2009 by   Debbie Curtis-Magley 0 Votes
Wow - tracking down this shipment has created a lot of frustration for you and your husband. I work for UPS and I'd like to help. If you'd like my assistance, please send the package tracking number and your contact details to upsfeedback@ups.com. I look foward to hearing from you.

Debbie Curtis-Magley
UPS Public Relations

P.S. - I also sent you an e-mail through this site.
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   Ubs 0 Votes
Is it too much for the "alternative delivery arrangement option" on the UPS website to actually work? I've tried to use it a dozen times only to tell me it isn't available at this time. REALLY?!?

I cant be at home from 2-5 pm to receive packages! That is in the middle of the frigging work day, UPS! Why is it so hard to get that the work day runs from 9-5 with a hour each way for commuting?

Residential deliveries should come AFTER 5:30pm!

You cant get some drivers to work that late?????
 6th of Aug, 2009 by   kingnglp 0 Votes
Definity the worst servise.

Simply put in my tracking "THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE / PACKAGE WILL BE DELIVERED NEXT BUSINESS DAY-NO SATURDAY GUARANTEE" at time 1.10pm.
I waiting whole day, no one come.

I still give a call to UPS to check my tracking at 4.00pm.
The tracking comment is appear after 5.00pm.
I think UPS sender don know use phone.
Some more the tracking is late for 3 hours.
I don know what is this servise.

I need my item fast but UPS cannot reach it on time.
I hope tomorrow morning my item will reach so I can sent to my customer on time.
Bad experience.

Receiver from Malaysia.
 21st of Sep, 2009 by   dwilliams740 0 Votes
I am having work done to the front of my home. On the first day of delivery the guy stuck the package notice to the inside hallway at the back of the house and ususally they leave the package on the front hall steps. There is no difference front to back. He had access to stick a note why couldnt he leave the package in the hall. On three occasions I called within 30 minutes. They never send the guy back. After the third attempt, i was told they would hold the package and redeliver a 4th date and I should call early @ 9am to find out the time of day they would deliver. Well my package is back in Ohio now. The worse part of this ordeal is that there is a UPS location in the airport with better hours than the location in edison. I requested my package go there and I can pick it up. I guess that was quite difficult for this huge delivery company to handle. Not to mention that the airport is a 7 minute ride and edison is 30 minutes to get to.
 24th of Oct, 2009 by   wilburn Meeks 0 Votes
I sent a package UPS ground from San Diego to Kingsport Tenn. It arrived in 5 days. They could not deliver because the address was wrong. The receiver call his local office and corrected the address. He was told that it would be there the next day 10/09 at 10:00 AM. I even had the agent here in San Diego call and make sure it was corrected. No package came . I called customer service and they said the package has been routed back to sender. I was able to get a hold of a Supervisor at Bristol VA. She told me that she would insure the package was located an and delivered . They could not locate the package Friday. She assured me that the package was there and would not be shipped back to sender. She woulD call me Monday 20/26. This information was also related to the agent in San Diego.Office Depot. When I check tracking today . I see that the package has been routed back to me sender Wilburn Meeks Track No. 1ZE7F9390300048057 . TO SEE JUST HOW BAD THIS IS SCREW UP, ONE NEED ONLY TO CHECK UPS TRACKING WEBSITE.Ii DEMAND A EXPLANATION NOW
 6th of Dec, 2009 by   Julieh 0 Votes
No accountability! I had my engagement ring stolen out of the package that we sent back to jeweler to resize. All that made it to the jeweler was an empty box. According to our UPS office, they will "look into it" and will give me no information on what exactly that means or what their so called investigation entails. This ring was actually my grandmother's handed down to me from my father when she passed away and there's no replacing the sentimental value that this ring had - not to mention, I had just gotten engaged 4 days before!

You would think that UPS would have the ability to know exactly who's hands my package was in and be able to track down who may have stolen my ring. However, I have very little faith in their "looking into it" procedures! The police are no help in this matter b/c I can't prove in which city the ring was stolen so my local police won't file a report.

UPS sucks and their shaddy personnel and employees all need to be trained in customer service and all should be required to pass background checks! THEIFS!
 8th of Jan, 2010 by   zemaprincess 0 Votes
Shipped package from Michigan to Texas took over 2 weeks to ship to address, what happened to UPS planes? Once shipped had wrong address on package; delivered to wrong address; recipient tried to be a Good Samaritan and returned to UPS store; UPS told her to keep package they didn't want it. She was extremely frustrated. Later she found out that she had to "call" UPS to get the package delivered to right address. She tracked down my sister and delivered the package to her. They accept no wrong doings because now all stores are independent they can do what they want.
 8th of Jan, 2010 by   kevinswife0612 0 Votes
OMG are you serious??? If you need the dang package that bad you need to be home. Period. UPS delivers between 9-7ish. Cant be home? Pick the package up. Its that simple. If youre too dang lazy to pick the package up then stop complaining. The world does not revolve around you.
 8th of Jan, 2010 by   kevinswife0612 0 Votes
Heres an idea. Instead of complaining about UPS, call your shipper who put the wrong address on the package. UPS delivers the package to the address on the label. The UPS store is just a franchise. In situations like these, the good samaritan should have just called the 800#. As long as the package was unopened, UPS could pick it up and send it back to the shipper free.
 8th of Jan, 2010 by   sweetpea80 0 Votes
UPS is unreliable and non customer oriented. I recently placed on order with a company who uses UPS as their primary delivery method. As UPS has only managed to deliver 1 package to my home I was concerned so as soon as a tracking number was generated I called UPS to inform them of this ongoing problem and to offer a contact number and directions. I was advised that someone from the local Albuquerque hub would call me before 8pm, I waited no call. So I called back the next person I spoke to advised me that nothing could be done until the package was delivered, mis-delivered or marked as undeliverable, so I waited checking my tracking number frequently to try and make sure I received my package. No luck... UPS delivered it alright to the wrong TOWN! how they managed this as my town and the next town have different zip codes I have no idea. So I called UPS right away and advised them what was going on I was told well you should check around if it says delivered I am sure it was delivered to you after 15 minutes of back and forth the UPS CSR advised me to call the shipper and have the packaged traced but that it would be at least Monday before they could do anything. I called the shipper and they are tracking the package and eventually it should be delivered or as usual with UPS I will have to drive to the hub where I will be told that the package has been returned.

In short UPS is not worth the shipping cost and I will no longer be using them or companies who use UPS as their only or primary shipper
 16th of Jan, 2010 by   ymas 0 Votes
If anyone has a problem like that, google the UPS Customer Center nearest you and contact them, they will ask for the information, and have someone call you the next day for further discussion and help...
 28th of Jan, 2010 by   bedfordparkblvdguy 0 Votes
For 3-1/5 yrs., the UPS store located in the Bronx, NY, has consistently lost packages, refused to delivery due to inclimate weather, cussed at myself, my neighbors, stolen (yes, the police were involved) merchandise and out and out given UPS a black eye.

Complaints have been filed with the national number, supervisors have been unsympathetic to complaints and for some un-Godly reason, UPS management sees nothing wrong with continually increasing rates while service suffers.

Under no circumstances will I, or any one that I'm affiliated with, will EVER contract with UPS for anything.

Someone at UPS needs to wake up and realize that they have a problem. And I'm guessing that its not only in my neighborhood.
 17th of Feb, 2010 by   mike201017 0 Votes
This is a warning to anyone who is thinking of shipping threw UPS. If you like paying for a service and like waiting for your item days after the quoted time, then Ups is for you. What I am Trying to say is that I ordered several items on a Monday. Ups Quoted a delivery of Wed. Granted we did have a good bit of snow last week. I checked the tracking Wed morning. It said to be delivered that day. The item I ordered needed to be installed in the daytime. Being that it said in route for delivery I left work early, only to find no package at home. I checked tracking online and at 10:00am they had changed my delivery to Adverse weather conditions. Now this Wed I had been on the highway, beltway and throughout the City. Snow was not an issue. Now Im home early for no reason and I am gonna need to leave work early again tomorrow. When I called Ups they gave me nothing. They had no more info for me than that was online. Could not tell me a new delivery date nor could I pick the packages up. The package made it from Laurel Md to Baltimore Md in 29 min Tues night. But once it made it to Baltimore 3:49am. They could not get it to my Baltimore Residence. So for six hours it sat in a warehouse with online saying in route for delivery. At 10:00am is when they updated the tracking info. Of course a time when most people are at work including myself. The real problem is that if a company knows last weeks snow set them back, dont keep accepting packages if you cant deliver them at the time you state they will be delivered. They are taking our money knowing that there is a good chance it will not be delivered on time. Keeping our money, make us wait. They get the money and we suffer waiting. There money hungry not customer service oriented. I hope they burn. Its United States Postal Servive or Fed-Ex from here on. You lost me and my familys buisness and I will try and have all my friends Boycot Ups also.
 4th of Mar, 2010 by   ravenhawk1229 0 Votes
This is the third time UPS has said they delivered a package and nothing was left. When you call them about the package they tell you that they can only talk to the sender about lost packages. The tracking number mens nothing when your package is lost they could care less. Their proof of dedlivery is a joke. You select proof of delivery and all that comes up is a form that just states delivered. Thats what they call proof of delivery. That is only proof they had the package, it doesn't mean they delivered it. Personally I think UPS is just a den of thieves. They excel in stealing your stuff and them act stupid when you you try to recover it. When will the government start coming after rip off companies like this.
 31st of Mar, 2010 by   dan from san 0 Votes
I PURCHASED SOME SHOES ONLINE. I WAS SOOO EXCITED BECAUSE THEY WERE LACOSTE SHOES. MY DELIVERY DATE WAS TODAY (3/31/10). I WENT TO TRACK MY ITEM, UPS CLAIMED IT HAD ARRIVED. UPS ALSO CLAIMED IT WAS DROPPED OFF ON MY PORCH??? FIRST OF ALL, WHY WOULD ANY DELVERY COMPANY WOULD DELIVER AN ITEM WITHOUT ANY SIGNATURE? SECOND, WHY WOULD THEY LEAVE THE ITEM IN A "SAFE PLACE" IF NOT THE PORCH? AND THIRD, WHO, IN WHAT STATE OF MIND, WOULD YOU LEAVE IT TO YOUR/MY NEIGHBORS?!

IM SO LIVID BECAUSE NOW SOMEONE HAS A PAIR OF BRAND NEW SHOES. MY GUT FEELING INDICATES THAT THE DELIVERY PERSON DROPPED THEM OFF AT THE WRONG HOUSE, HE/SHE TOOK THEM OR THERE STILL IN THE TRUCK. BUT IF HE/SHE CLAIMS THEY DROPPED THEM OFF ON MY PORCH. WHY WOULD IT BE IN YOUR TRUCK STILL? SO IT LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THAT THERE STOLEN OR MISSED PLACED BY THE DRIVER.

BY READING REVIEWS, AFTER THE FACT OF MY INCIDENT, I WOULDNT RECCOMEND TRUSTING THIS COMPANY WHATSOEVER, IF YOU PURCHASE ANY PERSONAL THING FOR YOURSELF. THINK TWICE WITH THIS COMPANY.

Where to Find 60,000 Speed Traps Nationwide