logo

Ballard Designs
Do not order from them
4. (8 mins ago)
Dr. Hardik Vyas / Hardik Vyas / Rahul Vyas
Fraud guy on matrimony sites
5. (29 mins ago)
Puerto Bahia
Timeshare

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

UPS Complaints & Reviews - I hate UPS - the worst shipping company!

UPS Contacts & Informations

UPS

Posted:    Alleina

I hate UPS - the worst shipping company!

I ordered something online and they'd used UPS to send me the package. I paid 2nd Day Air so that I can get the package on time and paid higher than the ground shipping of course. The online store sent me the tracking number so I check it UPS.com to make sure that the package is on time. UPS supposedly deliver it Friday (it was out for deliver Dec. 22 at 3:39AM). I waited and waited until about 10PM because I called their customer service and said that they will deliver it even late night but no package in my front porch. We will be out of town the next day, Saturday still no package in my front porch. I called customer service early morning Saturday and says they will deliver it early morning and now it's 3:30PM Saturday, still no package showing in my front porch. We canceled our trip because of this... UPS deliver personnel knock only once and they don't wait for someone to answer the door or not, so it end up leaving the package in the front porch (the package will LOST because they don't' really care). I HATE UPS, THEY ARE THE WORST SHIPPING COMPANY!!!
Comments United States Movement & Delivery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Apr, 2007 by   David Jordan +1 Votes
Hello, i was expecting a package today from ups. They told me that it would be delivered between 700am and 700pm. I call back to check the status and they told me its being held at my request. I never requested anything now i got to run all over looking for my package myself. 1za375p40235300462 this will be my last time using there service.
 18th of Jun, 2007 by   ana +1 Votes
I have more than three times UPS mess up my packages or don't deliver them at my door they are the worst service and today my patience got over it. I can't believe they state to be the best service to deliver on time and they does not care about packages delivering at all.

I made a purchase via internet in spain of swim wear for my photography work I do. The package was supposed to be delivered in three days, I paid international fees and 120 dollars for shipping for it.

I called to know why the package is still in philadelphia when supposed to be delivered today. They told me they gonna called me to know about information of the package. I just said it is swimwear line for my photography work.

Then they told me they will call me later to ask me for documentation.
When they called me a lady from the UPS customs department asked me again the same stuff and asked me the most stupid questions: what swimwear? What is the materials? Are they for women or men?

I just said they are swimwear for men. Her questions looked like she was trying to fin out what is in the box in value. Maybe to get my package lost because the story still does not end... Keep reading...

Then she asked my for social security and company documentations... what? I said it is a personal internet purchase I replied!! But she insisted that it cannot be a personal purchase because none can buy so many swimwear pieces. I said again it is personal purchase.

Anyway for not discussing their stupid protocols I gave her my number not my social because I never give my social by phone to anyone.

The thing it is that the package supposed to be sent via express after the communication with her but then they told me to be delivered by monday this is two days more of patience waiting for it.

Today it is monday and I check the tracking system and the system says OUT for DELIVERY I was at home all day for receiving the package I stop doing my things for waiting the driver to come and at 6:00pm I called to know when the driver will come.

The told me to wait till 7:00pm or 8:00pm so I waited then I checked online again and still the same OUT for Delivery and nothing.

I called about 8:00pm and they told me they are gonna send a message to the driver. I wait their call back and nothing, now about 10:00pm I called and still OUt for Delivery and nothing.

I called them and says what is happening with my package!!! they put me in hold to answer me why my package is not delivered yet...

Then the guy told me what the drive didn't deliver my package because it was not in their truck.!!! Can you people believe this? Then I told him, where is my package if it is Out for Delivery someone has it because it was scanned to get out the main office for delivery. He told me again they are gonna search who took the package because they don't know who driver has it!!!

They now lost my package because they even don't know where it is, and they make me lost my precious time and money and now wait that a miracle can happen to bring my package home.

:( Damn it!!! UPS IS THE WORST WORST SERVICE EVER AROUND!!! This is my third time UPS messed up my packages!!! ALL THE TIME SOMETHING NEW and WORST HAPPENED!!!

PLEASE DON'T USE UPS!!! FOR DOMESTIC OR EITHER INTERNATIONAL YOU PAID A LOT OF MONEY...

THEY DON'T WORK TO DELIVER ON TIME, THEY JUST PRETEND TO BE WORKING KNOCKING DOORS WHERE THEY NEVER GO TO KNOCK
AND DELIVER WHEN THEY WANT TO.

SAD PART IS THAT NOBODY IS LISTENING TO THE CUSTOMERS THAT KNOW UPS IS GETTING TO BE THE WORST SERVICE FOR PARCEL IN THE USA.
 2nd of Oct, 2007 by   Tom 0 Votes
Check out this blog re: shipping companies - It's a project to compile phone numbers of the local depots. If you have any numbers, please add them!

2nd of Nov, 2007 by   G. Armandi 0 Votes
A friend from the Bronx e-mailed me the 21 of October telling med she had sent me a package via UPS, and they told her it should be here by the 31st of October! .It is the 2nd of November. We are still waiting and watching!! I tried to go on line to ask a question with the sender's address and mine, but they shut me off repeatedly because I did not have the tracking number yet!! I gave them all the other information!!! (I can't get in touch yet with the sender for it). SOoo, my package is somewhere between the Bronx, N.Y. and Oakland, Maine. I even went to the office in nearby city to inquire... Nothing!!! I can't even ASK UPS a question via e-mail. It is so wrong!!!

I can't believe that UPS could not help us without the number! Can't they READ? The names and addresses "from" and "to" are there on the package in plain sight!!! IN this day and age when they can send a man to the moon, can't they read names and addresses??? And... do a little bit to help their fellow man (and women)??

We never had this trouble before and it IS frustrating. What is happening these days in the 2007s? It seems as if there is less and less caring service and more and more lackadaisical attitudes!
 14th of May, 2008 by   Tim Pyne +1 Votes
I will never deal with anyone who ships UPS. The brokerage fees that they charge when shipping to Canada are highway robbery. I bought a used blackberry on ebay for $21 When it arrived I had a brokerage fee of $20. This is just one example. USPS has much better service for less.
 11th of Jul, 2008 by   Mo 0 Votes
Angry UPS is the biggest inconvenience in online shopping. - Today, 20:40
I have ordered 2 computers in a row within 2 weeks of each other. The first one was lost (By UPS) that is why I had to order a second one. Now the second computer shipping takes the cake.

Me wanting my new toy so bad I take the day off work to wait for the computer. I check the website in the morning and it showed:

TAMPA,
FL, US 07/11/2008 10:42 A.M. THE PACKAGE WAS LEFT IN A UPS FACILITY / FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY

So I call the 1800 number and they told me that I can go pick up the package at the shipping center. At this point I am already frustrated that I have to drive a total of 40 miles to get it. I call my wife and tell her to pick it up after work. She gets there and asks to pick up the package and they tell her it is on the truck... probably. She asks to check in the warehouse just in case, so they do so and come back and tell her yes it is definitely on the truck and it will be delivered before 7:00pm. 8:00pm she is home now and calls the center back to figure out what the hell happened. This is my favorite part:

"The package was put overnight on a holding Truck (18 wheeler) with a pad lock that none has access to. So it was not shipped out, so it was not ready for pickup nor for delivery." "If the people that have the key to the padlock find it on Monday another attempt will be made."

2 computer lost in 2 weeks, way to go UPSh1t (Brown excellent color choice).
 4th of Nov, 2008 by   Paul Webb 0 Votes
USP was exposed to deliver on friday as well.Call their customer service having it delivered on monday waited and was not every delivered to nest day.Ive had the same problem with UPS.Then sceduled a delivery to next day same problem. The New Orleans, La UPS General Managers need replacing. Stock holders who care should go to CEO because this company will lose big money.
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by   "The Fixer" 0 Votes
They are in dire need of new leadership. Some of the excuses the customers are given are unbelieveable. If drivers and customer service people had their feet held to the fire, some of these problems would go away. Obviously, they are not being held accountable for their rudeness to the customers. For the rest of them, take them out behind the barn and tear their a$$'s up. A good tune-up will strighten their minds out. When the employees start to slip again, it may take them a trip or two, to the ER. Trust me, they will come around.
 13th of Dec, 2008 by   Jimmy Z +2 Votes
UPS service is terrible! The driver on my route, needs to be more, on the ball!
I get many packages delivered by the USPS, with out a problem.
If a shipper decides to use UPS, here comes the hassle. Every single time! What is wrong with them?
Down with UPS!
 20th of Feb, 2009 by   Michael B +1 Votes
What customer service? Last few times I have called, I have spoken to nothing but a calling tree with limited options.

Use to, you could get a live person and then get transfered to the local office.

Now, just a calling tree with the limited choices of arrange to pick it up yourself, reschedule delivery, or return to sender.

What is the point of shipping with a specific time frame (Overnight, 2 day, 3day guarantee) if they are going to find reasons to mess up?
 27th of Feb, 2009 by   deppcg +1 Votes
UPS IS TERRIBLE. I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT BAD EXPERIENCES WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY SAY IT WAS DELIVERED, BUT IT WASN'T. CAN'T TALK TO ANYONE THAT GIVES A HOOT. DRIVERS MUST EITHER TOTAL MORONS OR COMPANY LOADS THEM UP SO HEAVY THAT THEY CAN'T CARE ABOUT QUALITY. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE!!!
 20th of Mar, 2009 by   Jim Del +2 Votes
I worked for UPS for 10 years, about 7 years ago.

I can tell you, that the city I worked in, was BIG on customer service. The drivers, supervisor, and agents did their absolute best to make sure that customer complaints were addressed and that the customer was always happy.

This is no more.

I have never had one problem receiving a package from FedEx in my building. If I call to inquire about my package, or even if I wasn't home and missed it, they always made an attempt to re-deliver it the same day or offer a reasonable resolution.

I have yet to have the same experience with UPS.

As of now, if I order anything on line, and they use UPS, I tell them to forget it. Not only will I no longer use UPS, but I will not be forced to deal with them. If a merchant will only ship a package to me using UPS, then I politely explain that I do not do business with any merchant that uses UPS for the final delivery.

UPS is not accredited by the BBB. And neither is FedEx for that matter.

But UPS has made it clear that they not only don't follow their own rules and promises when it comes to the one thing they are supposed to be doing. Delivering my packages to me safely and ON TIME.
 2nd of May, 2009 by   R. Higgins +1 Votes
UPS is the worst! They deliver when they feel like it--usually days or even weeks late! FedEx, on the other hand, always delivers on time. I will never use UPS again!
 26th of May, 2009 by   A. T. 0 Votes
UPS is capable of putting small business out of business. So far my personal experiences as follows:
1. Shipment to an international trade show simply not shipped! When I contacted them they told me it was a mistake and they would ship it that day... so it could arrive after show finished.
Cost of the show, cost of travel, (air ticket, hotel) ... NO goods to show. MAJOR embarrassment in JAPAN! Show organizers, customers... you do the math.
2. Shipments STOLEN; I made police reports. UPS refuse to acknowledge the loss; the shipment is ' Unfortunately undeliverable at this time. We cannot trace release any information about who has handled the parcel, this is confidential" !! Despite their advertising promise of "Any delay in delivery and we will refund your shipping" they still demand payment for the lost shipment!
3. Shipment delays. As R. Higgins says, days, or weeks late. No matter what the urgency. And of course no apology or refund.
4. NO customer service.
 9th of Jul, 2009 by   rfileds 0 Votes
I Had a package sent to me a simple 1lbs letter and i waited for two days and she didn't receive it, and I called them and they said the package did not have our apartment number on it so they couldn't send it. so i had to wait until the next day to get the package, but as soon as i recieved the package our full address was on it (including the apartment number), i will never use ups again it was my first time and my last. they are just a bunch of lazy people.
 15th of Aug, 2009 by   MHILLNET 0 Votes
Similar problems:

Sent Next Day Air - payed $50 for overnight service.
UPS makes a mistake and delays shipment. Has a chance to deliver on Saturday, says they are going to deliver on Saturday and does not do it.
All they can do is apologize. The manager states that they would not have upgraded to Saturday delivery anyway.
We will use them NEVER AGAIN. This is the type of thing you would expect from the POST OFFICE not the private sector.
 4th of Nov, 2009 by   Frog42 0 Votes
I am handicapped and cannot get to the box if they leave it on the front porch, so in the special instructions I always tell them to leave it at the rear door. Apparently they can't read. I struggle to get it inside every month.

Either that or they don't give a rat's patootie. I'm betting on the latter.
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   danielle brunson 0 Votes
i hate ups as well..they are very lazy when delivering there packages..i am on disability and is always home during the week..its xmas time and i do a lot of internet shopping i have been waititng on seversal packages had not heard from ups not a note or anything saying they attempted to deliver my packages..when i track them boom they are delivering them to my apt office..this is so sad they are being paid to deliver the pkgs to ur door but is to lazy..i am so sick of them..i finally reported them and i am going to see if this situation will stop..if not i will no longer purchase items from stores using ups.
 17th of Dec, 2009 by   stevejer +2 Votes
OMG, I just Googled the words 'I hate UPS'. It's amazing to find out how many soul brothers/sisters I've had. I've always thought UPS is an example of an entity rising beyond the level of its own incompetence. Latest example: Paid expedited shipping for a package for Christmas that is still languishing two weeks later in a UPS warehouse. Contacted UPS and was basically told there's nothing they can do. I'm going to start boycotting any company that uses UPS. Never have had any problems with USPS.
 30th of Jan, 2010 by   montell +1 Votes
It's a simple job, read the numbers on the box and match them with the number on the house. After a week of "customer service" agents telling me that it was delivered, and there's nothing they could do about it, ("look around the house, in the bushes, or hidden around back") I noticed an empty house a block away with my package on the doorstep. Stupid bastards, I will never trust UPS again.

Identity-Fraud