Posted:

Promotes Sleazy Companies

3.35
upromise.com and Restaurant.com
New York
upromise.com has been pushing its relationship with restaurant.com. After making a purchase of gift certificates (upromise.com promotes this heavily) I found that no gift certificates were ever provided. No web page popped up with gift certificates and no gift certificates are listed under my recent purchases. I googled "restaurant.com complaints" only to find that this has been a common issue.

Worse, I have been trying to contact restaurant.com since last week. Their two phone numbers are constantly busy and they have not returned email inquiries. These issues are also apparently recurring.

SCAM!!!
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United States Complaint category Restaurants & Bars

Comments

5th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes

upromise.com - My bill went up $125 from what it would have been with my previous supplier
Upromise.com
upromise.com

BROKEN " UPROMISE" - Don't fall for the "promise" on Upromise web site for Reduced energy bills if you switch your energy supplier to Energy Plus Holdings. My bill went up $125 from what it would have been with my previous supplier. Then, when I went to cancel, I was told I had to wait through another billing cycle, so this "Promise" may cost me a few hundred dollars by the time I switch back!Do your research, don't believe the misleading statements on Upromise. Better check out their other "deals" before you sign up too! Neither company would help me in any way.
 6th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes

Upromise.com
upromise.com

This is a complete scam. It has caused nothing but hassles and the customer support is terrible and poorly trained. They make up policies or they don't follow up after you make copies and document the transaction and pay the postage to mail to them.

Contact Us