At the end of Feburary I had UPC services connected at my home address. From day 1 the service was not working correctly. I called and complained just 2 days after installation. My main issues to start with were 1) Lack of advertised channels 2) Internet connection speed did not resemble the speed for which I was paying.Though I made several complaints, to my mind they were not addressed.
By the 12/03/10 I had enough of the poor service and called their contact center to complain. @ 16:40 I spoke to agent "William" Advised him that the service wasn't working correctly. Was advised that it would be addressed and would be working correctly as soon as they were able to resolve it for me(3 working days). As this never happened I called again on the 18th March. Spoke to agent "Sinead". At this point I was advised that my complaint to !William" was still being processed, but had not been resolved yet. I advised her of the conversation that I had previously had with "William" and that this was in excess of "3 Working Days". Including St Patricks day, 3 working days had passed. On the 21st March I called again, and spoke to Agent "Kate", again I was given the same run around. It was at this point that I was informed by "Kate" that I was not able to get the channels that I had signed up for, as I was in a "Max 2" area. I had signed up for "Max 1". At no point previous to this conversation was I informed about this. My services provided by UPC had at best been pathetic. Regularly loosing signal and total loss of services, both Broadband and TV (also Phone).
By the 22nd March, I had had my fill of waiting for this to be resolved and called to cancel the service. Spoke to agent "Evaline" who put me through to Agent "Jason" in the disconnection department. In an effort to try to pacify me, agent Jason offered to upgrade my services, and discount my package for 4 months. This I accepted with reservation, and advised Jason that I would monitor the situation over the next small while to see what hapopened.
On Tuesday 23rd March 2010, I awoke to find that I had no services at all. I called the customer service department again, and advised that this would not do. Advised them to cancel the account. Was again put through to Jason. Again advised him that I would like the service cancelled, also would appreciate my monies returned to me, and would appreciate them removing their equipment from my home. I was advised at that time that this would be done.
After I disconnected the systems that had been installed here, I then attempted to reconnect my previous services, only to find that not only had they installed their systems, but that they had made it near impossible to reconnect to my previous supplier. There were items missing. Having managed a team of Riggers for Satalite TV, I have a very good understanding of Satalite Installation. I have now resolved my issues in my home my self, however, have never had the courtesy of a returned phone call when prommised.
Regarding billing: 1) Initial bill way exceeded what was quoted. Was advised that they were billing me for "Extra" cabling into "Multiroom". Hmmm not bad as I already had cabling into that room for TV that had previously had "Satalite" installed. I contacted the bank, recalled the payment, advised UPC to close the account anc recompense me for any losses. Was advised by agent Jason that this would be done.
Monday this week, UPC again removed money from my account. BEWARE even after closing the account, which I confirmed this morning with agent "Sabrina" that the account has been closed since the 26th March, UPC still remove money from my account after the account has been closed.
I have in my possesion documentary evidence of the conbtract selling me "MAX 1" which is not available in my area (miss sold a product that is not available = fraud) I can also provide links to "Speedtest.net" showing the poor broadband service that I was receiving.
In a nutshell - UPC Chorus NTL = Lack of service = Fraud = Empty promises = Drain on your bank account.