logo

Impact Training
Scam and cheating
2. (1 mins ago)
ogotoshop.com
Company charged me twice for the same order
3. (28 mins ago)
loan discovery sa
stealing
4. (37 mins ago)
BN ED PLC 01312264890
money taken from account
5. (38 mins ago)
yorev.com
Moderator didn’t post my review

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Bikezz

Lack of Service, Lack of resolution

Home User
Ireland
At the end of Feburary I had UPC services connected at my home address. From day 1 the service was not working correctly. I called and complained just 2 days after installation. My main issues to start with were 1) Lack of advertised channels 2) Internet connection speed did not resemble the speed for which I was paying.Though I made several complaints, to my mind they were not addressed.

By the 12/03/10 I had enough of the poor service and called their contact center to complain. @ 16:40 I spoke to agent "William" Advised him that the service wasn't working correctly. Was advised that it would be addressed and would be working correctly as soon as they were able to resolve it for me(3 working days). As this never happened I called again on the 18th March. Spoke to agent "Sinead". At this point I was advised that my complaint to !William" was still being processed, but had not been resolved yet. I advised her of the conversation that I had previously had with "William" and that this was in excess of "3 Working Days". Including St Patricks day, 3 working days had passed. On the 21st March I called again, and spoke to Agent "Kate", again I was given the same run around. It was at this point that I was informed by "Kate" that I was not able to get the channels that I had signed up for, as I was in a "Max 2" area. I had signed up for "Max 1". At no point previous to this conversation was I informed about this. My services provided by UPC had at best been pathetic. Regularly loosing signal and total loss of services, both Broadband and TV (also Phone).

By the 22nd March, I had had my fill of waiting for this to be resolved and called to cancel the service. Spoke to agent "Evaline" who put me through to Agent "Jason" in the disconnection department. In an effort to try to pacify me, agent Jason offered to upgrade my services, and discount my package for 4 months. This I accepted with reservation, and advised Jason that I would monitor the situation over the next small while to see what hapopened.

On Tuesday 23rd March 2010, I awoke to find that I had no services at all. I called the customer service department again, and advised that this would not do. Advised them to cancel the account. Was again put through to Jason. Again advised him that I would like the service cancelled, also would appreciate my monies returned to me, and would appreciate them removing their equipment from my home. I was advised at that time that this would be done.

After I disconnected the systems that had been installed here, I then attempted to reconnect my previous services, only to find that not only had they installed their systems, but that they had made it near impossible to reconnect to my previous supplier. There were items missing. Having managed a team of Riggers for Satalite TV, I have a very good understanding of Satalite Installation. I have now resolved my issues in my home my self, however, have never had the courtesy of a returned phone call when prommised.

Regarding billing: 1) Initial bill way exceeded what was quoted. Was advised that they were billing me for "Extra" cabling into "Multiroom". Hmmm not bad as I already had cabling into that room for TV that had previously had "Satalite" installed. I contacted the bank, recalled the payment, advised UPC to close the account anc recompense me for any losses. Was advised by agent Jason that this would be done.

Monday this week, UPC again removed money from my account. BEWARE even after closing the account, which I confirmed this morning with agent "Sabrina" that the account has been closed since the 26th March, UPC still remove money from my account after the account has been closed.

I have in my possesion documentary evidence of the conbtract selling me "MAX 1" which is not available in my area (miss sold a product that is not available = fraud) I can also provide links to "Speedtest.net" showing the poor broadband service that I was receiving.

In a nutshell - UPC Chorus NTL = Lack of service = Fraud = Empty promises = Drain on your bank account.
Comments Ireland Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Apr, 2011 by   olliedee +1 Votes
I agree ntl dont give a damn about there customers once they have your money iv 10 channels missing/box freezing iv had 3 boxes so far within a year the idoit that came out to put brodband in said he had to come from the southside because the nortside team were godsh=== and he himself couldnt fit the phone in the end so i wonder who was the gobsh== was . and still waiting for replacinment channels which i was told they couldnt gaurantee what a way to run a company a total disgrace NTL must be part of the irish state they think people of ireland are here to be made shit of rang customers service the only word out of her mouth was (i can only apologise) this must be printed on there computer to be said every couple of seconds Shame on you ntl
 12th of Apr, 2011 by   olliedee +1 Votes
Sorry just to make another point as much asthers forums are very useful everyone with a complaint with ntl should write a official complaint letter to both ntl and the ombudsman the more good luck all ntl customers
 3rd of May, 2011 by   BrenUpcVictum 0 Votes
I have been with cablelink/ntl/UPC for nearly 16 yrs. We moved house and had trouble with connection. Then in 09 we got all channels phone and broadband. One supplier or one giant pain. My last complaint re cost and cancellation in November 2010 was awarded 4 mths half price service to retain account. When I cAlled in march to reduce service I have been billed more for less. I have spoken to 17 different agents each promising a call back from a manager which has not happened. Customer charter claims 20 days failed so far. I hAve threatened legal and media action to no avail. Tomorrow I'm going to walk into there office in Dublin and get some answers as they have breached their own code of practice. Watch for the headlines.
 13th of Jun, 2011 by   graye 0 Votes
UPC Suck!
I live on a council estate and i have checked that all areas around me have bb, i also checked several other council estates and the same is there, this to me is discrimination and a disgrace on UPC, who do they think they are!
 16th of Jun, 2013 by   cathal healy 0 Votes
can someone please tell me why the upc connection has been cutting out for the last week in the kerry area?we only have the basic package down this end of the country which is also a disgrace, you would'nt have sky doing this.can someone please tell me if the connection problems are been resolved?its not good enough for the money we pay.as for my second point, 'god only knows when we'll have an upgrade in kerry.from richard in tralee

Mortgage Fraud is Number One in Florida