logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
RPC Holidays (Royal Premium Club)
False commitments for package selling
2. (2 mins ago)
APSRTC
Pathetic service of VOVLo
3. (7 mins ago)
frankfinn institute of air hostess training
false camitment of frankfinn director
4. (14 mins ago)
my mobile number has won 500,000 british pound in coca cola 2013 draw in uk

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Unlock-the-iphone.com Complaints & Reviews - COMPLETE SCAM!!!!!

Unlock-the-iphone.com Contacts & Informations

Unlock-the-iphone.com

Posted:    slicktop

COMPLETE SCAM!!!!!

Unlock-the-iphone.com
DO NOT be fooled into buying software from www.unlock-the-iphone.com !! It is a complete scam! For one, they claim "their" software works on ALL iPhones, up to version 2.2.1 and baseband 2.30, which it DOES NOT. Second, the software they are selling is FREEWARE called QuickPwn and yellowsnOw (no typo's). DO NOT buy this software. QuickPwn and yellowsnOw DO work on iPhone software 2.2 with a 2.28 baseband, but NOT on the newer iPhone software. And don't forget...the software is FREEWARE!!!

Comments United States Software & Games
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of May, 2009 by   stupidme -1 Votes
I totally agree with previous comments. Unlock-The-Iphone is a fraud. They have NO software to download for 2.2.1, and you realize that the moment you open the zipped file, confirming they just sell freeware under their name. They don't even bother changing the README file, that dates back to January. Cheers. I still wait for a solution that WORKS.
 2nd of Jun, 2009 by   iphoneLover -1 Votes
And no money back at all as they said... it is completely fraud... fake!!!
 27th of Jun, 2009 by   dahbossontop@gmail.com -1 Votes
Me too.. i bought for the Iphone 3gs and i still waiting for it... how can i get a refund or report this? if anyone knows please let me know @ dahbossontop@gmail.com please...
 25th of Aug, 2009 by   brucespn -1 Votes
Same experience - wish I had seen this post beforehand. I actually read about this company in a reputable newspaper, so I assumed they would have been ok. They don't seem to have a phone number to call and they have not answered any of my emails requesting a refund
 27th of Sep, 2009 by   iphonenaive -1 Votes
Thank all of you for these posts. I am about to purchase this software, and I am so glad that I read these posts.

I am an iphone naive. I just bought an iPhone 3G from my co-worker for my wife. Unfortunately, I made a mistake to update the phone to Apple's latest 3.1 firmware. Now, the iphone gets locked again.

I do not know if there is any software out there to jailbreak and unlock the iPhone 3G with the latest Apple's 3.1 firmware.

Thanks,
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   pauldf -1 Votes
Hi all

Unfortunately i tried to get the software off these people, but like most, the "software" isn't for my iphone and they don't tell you that till you go into the members area ( after you pay ). Yet on the home page they tell you that it works with all versions of the iphone. I tried emailing them 3 times but i got no response so i tried to bring a dispute through PayPal to see could i get a refund, they never responded to PayPals emails either but here is the best bit my claim was DENIED by PayPal, and from the response i got from PayPal, all claims like mine would be denied because of what i can only describe as a loophole in PayPal's terms and conditions. So it seems these people have the perfect scam. If you ever listen to one piece of advice STAY AWAY FROM UNLOCK-THE-IPHONE.COM and like most mails say here you can get all the software free and with just a few clicks on youtube you can see a video how to unlock the iPhone, just remember there is no software yet to unlock the iPhone 3gs Version 3.1...Yet ;)

All the best.
 16th of Oct, 2009 by   jamesbenson 0 Votes
Bought the 3.1 iphone software unlock from iphoneunlockuk.com last week.
The website clearly said I would be able to unlock the iphone 3.1 software, logged in and a huge warning said it is not available yet, checked today and still not available.
I've sent them 2 emails and been trying to ring all week, the phone just rings, and rings with no answer phone or anything.
Complete scam.
 28th of Oct, 2009 by   Jacko88 -1 Votes
@jamesbenson
Have you received any updates of answers from iphoneunlockuk.com?

On one hand they offer software to unlock all versions including 3.1(.2) firmware with bb 05.11.07. On the other hand the have offered a reward monday 26th Oct for a working unlock..??

Quote from their own blog: On Monday 26th October 2009, iPhoneUnlockUK.com offered an unprecented reward of $10, 000 to the first hacker (or group) which successfully unlocks the latest 05.11.07 baseband.

So what is the truth Jody Sanders (iphoneunlockuk.com)???
 30th of Oct, 2009 by   Khazak -1 Votes
He is waiting for either Geohot or Devteam to get the unlock which is TOTALLY free and are then going to resell it to you. Btw as of update Geohot is near completion for his unlock aka blacksn0w.

Keep your eyes on thsi page, once it is finished it will be here.

Take my advice and save those 20£ for something else... Because the only 2 people/teams that can unlock and jailbreak as of right now are geohot and devteam. And please stop paying these scammers.
 30th of Oct, 2009 by   EdJo -1 Votes
Do you call Red Hat scammers as well? They dont sell yellowsn0w, they sell the support you do get à login to their support forum dont you? While i dont buy their service myself I do realize that there are people out there that needs the handholding
 22nd of Nov, 2009 by   iphonefreak +1 Votes
get this unlocksoulution www.newiphone.de.tl it works :)
 23rd of Jan, 2010 by   i-Phone User 0 Votes
Unfortunately I fell hook, line and sinker for this scam. I normally am not so naive. I tried going to the Better Business Bureau's Web site to file a complaint, but was unable to find them in their database. Any e-mails sent to get support for the software, of course, go unanswered.
 27th of Apr, 2010 by   squaug 0 Votes
Its a rip off and the site like the may others claiming they can unlock 3Gs on 3.1.3 )5.12.01 there is no unlock and sites like iphone Unlock UK are playing by telling people they took the software offline to sort some issues are all lies the software was never online
 28th of Apr, 2010 by   youngjulius7 0 Votes
thank you cause i just accidentally updated well my girlfriend did because she said my phone was dying and all she did was plug it in to the computer... but its a 3gs and it was unlocked with blackra1n and was working fine and now its just a piece of shit iphone plain and basic. i was desperate to find an unlock and was about to spend the 29.99 to get it back to the way i had it but im glad i checked first!!! thank you guys just saved me some cash.
D Florida USA
 14th of May, 2010 by   Justis 0 Votes
I have an iPhone 3G with the 5.12.01 firmware (see 2 posts back) so I got scammed by unlock-the-iphone.com as well. The good news though is that I got my money back because I paid by credit card and so I filed a dispute on the charge. My credit card company withdrew the payment to unlock-the-iphone.com and credited the money back to my account. Unlock-the-iphone.com has 120 days to argue the action but customer service at my credit card company told me that scammers like unlock-the-iphone.com don't take action because they know they won't be able to argue their case.
 14th of May, 2010 by   Alexdist1 0 Votes
Hey thank for heads up, now quick tip for those who have 3g and 2g iphones with firmware 3.1.2 or below and 5.11.2 modem or below, Sn0wbreeze, IH8sn0w and blackRa1n have the solution to unlock your iphones, and you can do it yourself just make you Youtube the videos so you do it right.
 27th of May, 2010 by   Holsen 0 Votes
Me too. I think I'm a pretty clever guy but I got scammed too. Their homepage is complete lie with false testimonials and says that the software works right up to the current version 3.1.3 so I bought it. The members area has a different story inside. They also say they have unconditional money back guarantee but they never answer their email.. TOTAL SCAM
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by   chrisy25 0 Votes
CRAP!!!I should have read this complaints before I got it!They got me. I used to read reviews before buying something but just this time wasnt able to search bout it and bought it immediately!:-( The site is convincing with all the reviews there and stuff..Good thing called my bank and they did help me out with it and filed a dispute..I GOT MY MONEY BACK!
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by   avoidthisscammer 0 Votes
I, too, am a victim of this website. They have not refunded or replied to my request for a refund. They advertised unlocking 3.1.3 but their programs can only support up to 3.1.2 I paid using my credit card and I will dispute the charge with the credit card and let the credit card company deal with this. If you used your credit card, you would be protected. Just dispute the charge when you get your statement and the credit card company will investigate. Allow them 3 months to work on this but you won't be responsible for the charge at the end. AVOID UNLOCK-THIS-IPHONE.COM
 19th of Jun, 2010 by   Sanda 0 Votes
Me too. HOWEVER I paid with AMEX and I will dispute the charge!
These guys should not be allowed to get by with this nonsense. Same thing here NO 3.1.3 .

How Customers Can Protect Their Credit Cards