logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (1 mins ago)
CheapOAir
Dirty dealing, lying and fraud
2. (1 mins ago)

RIP OFF

UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX
Chicago, Illinois
ecampuslogin.com
DO NOT ATTEND UOP!! ITS A RIP OFF. THEY LIE CHEAT AND STEAL. THEY ROB PEOPLE, THEY THINK THEY GETTING OVER ON YOU. BUT I GOT A TRICK FOR THEM. THEY HAVE NOT SEEN MY RAFT YET. THEY WILL STOP LYING AND SCAMMING THESE PEOPLE OUT OF ALL THIS MONEY FOR THESE 5 WEEK, WEAK ASS CLASSES. THAT YOU DONT EVEN LEARN ANYTHING FROM. THEY FAIL YOU FOR NO REASON AT ALL, THEN WHEN YOU WANNA SUBMIT A GRADE CHANGE IT BECOMES A PROBLEM AND THEY LIE AGAIN. AND YOU ARE STUCK PAYING 1400 DOLLARS FOR A FIVE WEEK CLASS.
Comments United States Colleges and Universities
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Sep, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
My experience with UOP staff also was lackluster and I agree that student services, or should I say, customer service is not a real UOP priority. No process transparency exists or is intended for UOP students. I suspect that each student is told something different by the various admissions, academic, and financial aid counselors, so please make sure that you document each discussion and transaction with UOP staff and instructors. Many more UOP students are documenting their experiences.

If UOP employees are unwilling to comment or respond to a student's written request for process or policy verification, then the UOP employee may not be imparting accurate information. Academic counselors provide inconsistent information, and to protect their management and their jobs, they feign ignorance. Magically, they only know their supervisor's or manager's name and all other UOP administrative or faculty names escape them.

While I found some adequate course content, many UOP students were poorly prepared to deal with this content. Learning teams were disappointing at best and provided the clearest view of student's lack of knowledge, interest, and preparation. Students felt entitled to go through the motions and were closed-minded about any activity out of the routine. Some students commented that the class content and assignments were not what the admissions counselors promised, or were shocked that instructors had different requirements for each class.

Some UOP students boast of high grade point averages, but perhaps students should be required to take and pass a federally approved college exit exam. UOP is offering an adequate education only to those who aspire to learn at a collegiate level, while the other students are going through the motions and get rewarded because they paid the tuition.

I also would like to see the statistics on graduation rates and GPA distributions by UOP course offerings for the past decade. Instructors had very low expectation of student performance and often praised and accepted mediocre or substandard work. The instructors' motto appears to be that if a student makes minimal effort then the student will make an 'A'.

UOP's overall process is shameful, because they could offer so much more to education consumers. I guess that for so little effort and so much profit, form over substance is inevitable.
 3rd of Jan, 2009 by   Bridgett +1 Votes
I feel like they are too rigorous. They assign too much busy work. You have team assignments, individual assignments and you have to go to class four days a week to get participation credit. This is great if you don' t work full time or have children and households to run. This is horrific when you work 8 hour days. This school is not designed for working adults.
 12th of Mar, 2009 by   Walter 0 Votes
This so called educational institution is a total rip off. If considering going to this school DONT! You will be billed unfairly!!
 29th of Mar, 2009 by   Fight back 0 Votes
I don't understand why people act so surprised by the cost of attendence and the fact University of Phoenix is a for-profit private university. Did you not do your research? Are you really that dumb so as to not ask your Enrollment or Finance Counselor these things before starting? I can't stand people who sign up for something then b*tch the minute something doesn't go their way. Nobody made you sign up dumb ass!
 6th of Apr, 2010 by   Slain 0 Votes
I have been going in circles with the University since i began (day One) I was actually enrolled by a enrollment counselor but my financial aid was also done by him as well, He did not know what in the world he was doing to say the least, continued asking for help from his supervisor.

I asked him " how come i have not meat up with my financial aid counselor" and he told me that his boss was my financial aid counselor that would go over all of my information and confirm that everything was accurate and correct.

I was also told that I would be meeting up with F/A to explain everything that they were applying for me and that i had qualified for! but the day never came soon enough, I was lied to in more than one aspect, by my enrollment counselor about the amount it was going to cost and about my meeting and orientation that never happened! I am so Pissed Off that i Trusted them and even more pissed that i did not meet my actual F/A counselor until two months after i started and even worse After i had a big problem with one of the academic counselors messing up my schedule and me having to W/D because of it.

I was forced to take a leave of absence and was told i had to come back before two weeks so it would not effect my financial aid, so bad went to worse not only was i set up for failure as one of their own Faculty members told me, because she was a witness to what was going on and actually felt bad for me.

I will not mention her name but, this F/A adviser acted so helpful up until i began getting concerned about my account and this bad feeling after i was being pushed to sign yet another form by my F/A counselor and even asked to lie on it stating that the money for my leave of absence would be put back, but i found that their was still a undisclosed amount that was taken and never brought to my attention.

The Scary version is that this guy is leaving and still refused to give me the actual loan amount from the lender and the Federal loan and the actual amount, so up to this day i have never been given a straight answer or proper documentation of why they even used my grant money or my pell money in the order they have and no receipts except for the first class.

I should have been in my 6 to 7 course but because of faculty mistakes i have had to withdraw and even threatened that if i did w/d that i would have problems, but they said that as i was walking out the door.

This is only part of it! and honestly i do not feel that i should have to pay for ANY OF THIS MESS ! i wish i could get all of my money back a move forward with my life. " This is the biggest mistake i made " and i feel that they have actually tried to *** into my system, since i started receiving attachments from emails of people that work with my F/A adviser and getting a big warning from my anti virus after that happened,

Who are these people and why are they doing this to good people like me, I love to help others and would never wish wrong upon anyone but this is scary stuff.
 28th of Nov, 2010 by   SSanchez 0 Votes
I was also tricked into thinking University of Phoenix is a great school and enrolled. I was very disappointed with their online degree program after jut 1 short week so I withdrew from the school.

I was in shock when University of Phoenix "decided" that I owe them $750 for withdrawing after just 1 week. And the thing is, they don't tell you any of it and they keep insinuating each and every student to just try it.

The top people who are running Univ. Phoenix absolutely do not care about the student's well-being. They JUST WANT YOUR MONEY ANY WAY POSSIBLE.
 21st of Nov, 2011 by   UofPhoenix 0 Votes
Hello, Taisha:

I'm sorry that you're upset. If you have a specific issue that you would like addressed, I encourage you to file a formal grievance with the Office of Dispute Management. They can be reached at UofPhoenix@phoenix.edu or 602-557-5566.

Best,
Libby Bailey, Sr. Student Relations Administrator
for the University of Phoenix
 12th of Dec, 2011 by   Anna Mali 0 Votes
First off, not only has University of Phoenix taken tons of my money while providing a bad education but they also have taken tons of money from all of you! What most people don't know is that the University of Phoenix can get people financial aid from the government and other organizations! Stuff like Pell Grants and Stafford Loans and the money from the GI Bill are stuff that comes out of taxpayers money!

So what this school does is it charges obscenely high tuition and then tries to get financial aid from these government sites. Since the quality of their eduction is subpar, where is all of this financial aid money going? It is going into their pocket books and not towards providing you with a proper education!

Whats even more disgusting is that once both you and whoever is paying your financial aid is done and you get your degree you find out that it is useless. Employers realize that University of Phoenix is a scam school and theyll tell you to go get a real degree! So all this time you and others are paying money to this school so you can get a terrible education and once youre done nobody will even recognize that you went to school.

That is the problem with schools like University of Phoneix. They are running for profit. Most schools do not run for profit, they take no profit and put all of their money back into the school, which is why they can provide a good education and why the government can give financial aid. University of Phoenix does none of that and yet they are still scamming thousands of American men and women who are tricked into believing they can reach their American Dream with University of Phoenix. And yet they did a poll and found that most companies won't hire a University of Phoenix graduate even if they are a good worker. Being a graduate from this school will actually hurt your chances of getting hired!

This is ridiculous and they shouldnt still be allowed to be in business! Even if you arent a student at University of Phoenix you should be hard at work trying to take this company down because your tax money is funding this company! Even after I left it pains me knowing that the money I pay in taxess is still being used to fund this company!
 27th of Aug, 2012 by   Vanessa Welch +1 Votes
Libby Bailey, stop with the bull crap ok because you are in the same pool with the head sharks that are taking money from poor fish to continue feed yall selves. May God havve no mercy on yall souls. How do you sleep at without feeling for all these students that are being lied too and scammed? You probably sleep great because you benefit from it. No one is filling out the stupid little meaningless paper.
 28th of Aug, 2012 by   UofPhoenix 0 Votes
Hello, Vanessa:

It's unfortunate that you feel that way. Please understand that I do want to help resolve issues for students. I am glad to look into any issue that you may have. I can be reached at libbylbailey@phoenix.edu.

Libby Bailey, Dispute Operations Manager