logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Walmart
Walmart bait and switch pricing
2. (21 mins ago)

grants/loans

University of Phoenix
California
darlynnmendoza@yahoo.com
After reading the complaints against UOP, I tend to agree with some of the statements. Yes, unfortunately the classes are too easy and do not expand upon an individuals field of interest. I would feel inadequate to counsel individuals at this time.
My largest complaint is that I received every grant available. After completing my B.S. in Human Services September 2008, I received from my lender, (I was required to enroll with each collegiate year), a bill for approximately $24, 000. Yes, higher education is extremely expensive. I was constantly in touch with the school and Wells Fargo. My gift to all students of any school is "just try, try, try to get an answer for loans and grants!"
Comments United States Colleges and Universities
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Feb, 2009 by   darlynn 0 Votes
Why does this school not give more informative advice? I too had an ugly experience.
 15th of May, 2009 by   Kelli 0 Votes
I wish we could file a class action law suit against them for deception and lies. All unemployed in Michigan BE WARE of University of Phoenix when they say that Yes they do work with the Michigan Works office. THEY DO NOT!!! trust me I know.
 18th of May, 2009 by   armywife65 0 Votes
Hi
My daughter was ripped by UOP and we are trying to get more people that were ripped off in the same way.

Her story is that, she is a single mom and thought she was getting a pell grant, to not have to pay anything what so ever for schooling, Her enrollment counselor says in the notes at UOP, that he walked her thru the loan process and told her how much the pmts would be, etct...BUT he never did, he told her she was not getting a loan that it was just formality for in case she wanted a loan. She would have never signed up with UOP if she had known she was getting a loan.

I specifically asked my daughter, if she was sure she was not getting a loan and she said yes, it's all free, because she's not working and she's a single mom...well they screwed her and now they are saying that she owes $15, 000.00 in student loans and that "she signed" which she was TOLD to sign, that it was all formality.

If we can get enough people, we will file a class action law suit. So if there is anyone that was told, they would not have to pay anything on a continuous basis from UOP, and now has to pay those loans, please email us

our email for this issue we are using is: rippedoffbyuop@gmail.com
Hope to hear back from you
Sincerely
Sheila Robinson
 1st of Sep, 2009 by   xUOPstudent 0 Votes
I was a student made it through just my first term and the day I was to post finals my classes showed dropped. I got no answers as to how or why this happened. Then they returned my loan money to the bank...just to attempt to bill me for more than a thousand dollars. I have switched schools FIRST I was given a placement test and wow don't have to take all the lower level classes that UOP required saving me money and the classes are real time classes so I don't have wait for anyone to respond via thread three days after the assignment is due.
 29th of Dec, 2009 by   Rivera_mom 0 Votes
I too am a victim of UoP. I lost a $80k job because of these liars! I am about to lose my house. I was told that I wouldn't have to pay either. I was going to have a grant to pay for the single class I said I would take. I left the school within 3 weeks because my son became ill. 5 years later, I find that they got some loan in my name, set me up for some Criminal Justice Program to obtain student loan money and messed up my credit dropping my score 80 points!

I have papers showing that I did not complete the forms to obtain any Federal Student Loan money yet money was given to them. They have some documents they claim I "electronically" signed but the were placed into their system in 2005...1 year after I withdrew.

We need to get all victims of this school together... rivera.gm@gmail.com

Fake Check Scam Targets Job Seekers