logo

North American Fishing Club
Scam and rip off!
3. (40 mins ago)
Menards
Lyon's Bathtub from Menards is crap!
4. (42 mins ago)
Santander Consumer USA
JOIN IN ON THE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT
5. (45 mins ago)
USPS - WARREN, MI
USPS WARREN (12 MILE & MOUND)

Consumer Tips & Tricks

University Of Phoenix

Posted:    brooks36

complete scam

university of Phoenix ..Axia
This "school" is a joke. I became disabled and had to find a new career, They really scammed me. What they charge is unreal. I went for 9 weeks and just ended up in debt. How they get away with this is unbelievable. I soon found out that almost every employer laughs at University of Phoenix degrees. These crooks go by so many different names. Axia. Apollo group. Western University.

RUN FROM THESE PEOPLE... ALL THEY WANT IS MONEY
Comments United States Colleges and Universities
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Feb, 2009 by   UofPhoenix 0 Votes
On behalf of the University of Phoenix, I have been asked to respond to your comments. The University strives to provide excellent customer service, and our goal is to demonstrate this commitment in all of our actions. We are always eager to review any comments or concerns from students and will work diligently to review any opportunities for improvement.

While we encourage all students to work with their local campus directly, the University also has a department dedicated to handling student complaints. The Office of Dispute Management (ODM) is responsible for all student and faculty grievances and appeals. Our goal is to resolve and bring closure to escalated student issues either by correcting a problem for a student or providing the student with sufficient detail as to why the University took a particular action or made a particular decision. If you would like to pursue a complaint with ODM, please contact our office using one of the methods listed below.

Mailing address:

602-557-5566

Fax:
480-557-2275
 15th of May, 2009 by   Kelli +1 Votes
What ever, you do not care about "your students". You protect your people and to heck with the rest of us. Your ODM is a JOKE!! It is true, your people can screw us and still keep their jobs and go to school for free. Your only out for the almight dollar and to heck with the people how truley have a passion for a quality education.
 18th of May, 2009 by   armywife65 +1 Votes
@UofPhoenix--BULL! you obviously have not read all the freakin complaints have you. You get paid to say what your saying, you work there. My daughter got screwed and I almost got screwed

And with that said...

Hi
My daughter was ripped by UOP and we are trying to get more people that were ripped off in the same way.

Her story is that, she is a single mom and thought she was getting a pell grant, to not have to pay anything what so ever for schooling, Her enrollment counselor says in the notes at UOP, that he walked her thru the loan process and told her how much the pmts would be, etct...BUT he never did, he told her she was not getting a loan that it was just formality for in case she wanted a loan. She would have never signed up with UOP if she had known she was getting a loan.

I specifically asked my daughter, if she was sure she was not getting a loan and she said yes, it's all free, because she's not working and she's a single mom...well they screwed her and now they are saying that she owes $15, 000.00 in student loans and that "she signed" which she was TOLD to sign, that it was all formality.

If we can get enough people, we will file a class action law suit. So if there is anyone that was told, they would not have to pay anything on a continuous basis from UOP, and now has to pay those loans, please email us

our email for this issue we are using is: rippedoffbyuop@gmail.com
Hope to hear back from you
Sincerely
Sheila Robinson
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   UC-STUDENT +1 Votes
University of Phoenix, DeVry, ITT Tech, etc. ALL of these are scams by the standards of any real university. ANY ECONOMIST OR POLITICAL SCIENTIST CAN TELL YOU A-PRIORI WHAT THE PRIMARY FUNCTION OF FOR-PROFIT UNIVERSITIES ARE- they are profit seeking diploma mills that are set up specifically to pass accreditation- its called rent-seeking. All of these are DE FACTO diploma mills that have gained DE JURE status; their product is education and they are going to do whatever it takes to maximize revenue, minimize overhead while hiding behind facades propped up by professional marketing firms in order to misconstrue the truth. They have highly paid lawyers at every corner ready to protect their source of revenue, just like any other corporation.

GO TO YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE AND DO A 2 YEAR PROGRAM AND/OR TRANSFER TO A REAL UNIVERSITY!!! DO NOT GET SUCKED INTO THESE SCAMS!!
 24th of Aug, 2009 by   vickilouise 0 Votes
I actually know people that have used their degrees from Axia which is the online division of University of Phoenix. It depends on the area you are going into career wise. No offense but if you only went there for 9 weeks than you really don't know whether it is worth it or not. Yes it is expensive but the only college options that are not expensive are community colleges. For people who can not attend an actual ground campus online school has been an amazing addition to education. Also I personally go there and although I will have to make an extra effort so I can get hands on training for my resume I love the school. The counselors are all very helpful and they call and check on my progress. Yes it is a business like every other college. Its not for everyone but for some its a great option, like me who is a stay at home mom and can not get to a campus because of my husbands schedule. I do think that it is awful whoever posted about their daughter not understanding the loan, because my counselors explained all that to me. I was made aware that on top of the pell grant (which does not cover all costs) that I would have a student loan. Its expensive because its college.
 25th of Jan, 2010 by   Snowcrash 0 Votes
The University of Phoenix placed 37th on the OEDB in 2009 http://oedb.org/rankings/graduation-rate with a graduation rate of 4%. The bottom of the list in case your looking. I am currently enrolled in the University of Phoenix. I am fortunate enough to have the benefit of these posts and forums because I WILL be changing schools now. I made it through my first block with a 4.0 up until I got bronchitis and still pulled a 3.0 by the end of the courses. "9 weeks" seems to be MORE than enough time to evaluate the institution that is supposed to be adept at educating people who have a schedule yet fails epically to accommodate it's students. At this point I can't call this University a "scam" but I can certainly cite many instances of complete failure. To anyone who may be currently enrolled and wondering why the UoP doesn't seem to get things accomplished I suggest you run. Find another school immediately! I actually just wanted the diploma to add to my achievements. I'm 38 and I've had a great career in IT and CGI that dwarfs that of some of my "college" educated competitors. I see no decisive edge to UoP education I can however foresee a stigma related to having a degree from this institution.

ATM Skimming