logo

Terrible experience

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

University of Phoenix, Braintree, Massachusetts Complaints & Reviews - WORST SCHOOL EVER- YOU WILL NEVER GRADUATE- Check FAFSA'S Report

University of Phoenix Contacts & Informations

University of Phoenix

Posted: 2011-03-28 by    candidate29

WORST SCHOOL EVER- YOU WILL NEVER GRADUATE- Check FAFSA'S Report

University of Phoenix
Braintree, Massachusetts
Phone: 866.766.0766 or 602-713-0785
phoenix.edu
I'll make my statement very simple. It's a nightmare to get registered with the University of Phoenix online and while you're in it, their requirements are endless. This is a serious means to pay their salaries while you build a ton of loan on your record. I made the biggest mistake coming to this school and I've invested way too much to be able to leave now. Listen if you care about your time.
Comments United States Colleges and Universities
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Mar, 2011 by   bamagirl36344 0 Votes
I am not sure why you didn't graduate from your program but I can assure you that I personally know many students who have and I am one of them. This should be considered slander. Seriously. I got my pell grants and the amount I was to obtain. Yes, it cost more, but show me an online college that doesn't. I have had several promotions in my career and as soon I finish my MS/PYCH I will open my own business. I can not emphasis my disagreement with these posts enough. I truly wish that those of you who have made such accusations would have tried to resolve matters prior to slenderizing my Alma Matter. In reality, and I have seen this in ethics meetings too many times, what happens is students get disappointed when he or she is caught plagiarizing and they begin to look for fault instead of facing his or her own mistakes. Seriously, adult college should be more cautious who they let attend. If children are going to whine when they get caught being bad put them in daycare not UOP>
 4th of Apr, 2011 by   UofPhoenix +1 Votes
Hello there,

I am sorry that you had a bad experience. If you have a specific issue that you would like looked into, or would like to file a formal grievance, I encourage you to contact the Office of Dispute Management. They can be reached by email at UofPhoenix@phoenix.edu or by phone at 602-557-5566.

~ Libby Bailey, Sr. Student Relations Administrator
for the University of Phoenix, Office of Dispute Management
 5th of Apr, 2011 by   cactus5th 0 Votes
Only around 10% who enroll in this school graduate.
 17th of May, 2011 by   im with uop 0 Votes
I have been enrolled with the University of Phoenix for almost two years and it is the greatest thing I could have ever done. I have never been charged for anything extra and I have learned so much.
 17th of May, 2011 by   im with uop 0 Votes
The difficulty with graduating with online schooling, Miss Felice Larsen, is that you don't have an instructor holding your hand. You have to be a go-getter and willing to read the material, research, and take the initiative. Online schooling is difficult, but you have to take the convenience of online schooling and understand that you are going to have to make extra effort to subside the comforts of sitting in front of a computer and just doing school. The think the biggest problem is people think online schooling is easy, its not! You have to try twice as hard as those that are in a classroom. Effort and stamina makes a person, a "live" instructor doesn't. At least when I received my diploma, I knew that I obtained it for myself, not by the guidance of a person I could constantly hound or beg with questions!
 26th of May, 2011 by   Consumer Rights Advocate 0 Votes
I work for the largest company in California. My company does not accept UoP degrees as being valid college degrees. We hired a several UoP graduates a few years back; all of them had very poor communication skills and basically no technical skills; all these people have been fired. Please do yourself a favor and and don't waste your time and money attending UoP.
 6th of Jun, 2011 by   Ravenmoon96 0 Votes
I totally disagree here. I got my second AAB from UoP. I also then received my BASB followed by my MA from UoP over a total of 7 years. Now I am not saying I never had issues with them, but the degrees are excellent, it is NOT easy to obtain and I cannot understand why a business is not hiring people based on where they received their degree. That is just unprofessional and prejudice of those who for whatever cannot afford to go to Yale or Browning for example (who also sell their brand- c'mon folks!) or have families and are already working but want to improve themselves. There are plenty more people out there who get handed everything and don't compare to the backbone us Phoenix grad's have!
 20th of Sep, 2012 by   cactus5th 0 Votes
To: 'im with uop'
You sound like someone who is working for the UoP.
 4th of Mar, 2014 by   Joe Utha 0 Votes
The University of Phoenix is the worst school that I have ever attended. If you want to earn a Doctor's Degree, go somewhere else. There is little to no support for your dissertation. They are very busy taking your money, while doctoral learners are left to struggle. They do not have a program to help with the dissertation. The support that they offer is a joke. What is true one day is false the next day. After 24 credits, I am left the University of Phoenix and I am now attending Grand Canyon University. Only 9 of the 24 credits will transfer, but it is worth having true professors who care about the success of their students, and not pretend business professionals who are hire as facilitators. The difference in the caliber of the faculty and the students was instantly noticeable. Do not waste your time at UoP. I have dealt with Libby Bailey at the office of dispute management, and in my opinion, she is a joke, just like that office. I think any college and I mean any online university would be better than the University of Phoenix.

Health Insurance for College Grads