logo

Posted:    Justin

Scam

Universal Adcom
universalad.com
Just after the new year I was called by their salesman with a proposed advertising agreement. I was told that each county I sign up for, a magnet with our ad would be sent to every home in those counties. I was told this is a magnet which is sent out only every five years and had potential of advertisement for those five years. I was also told I had to decide that day as it was crunch time and they were going out on Jan 19 & 20. So later that day, I called him back and approved McHenry county and was then told I could call by tomorrow to agree to Lake County. So the next day, I called and agreed to the other county as well. Sounded like a sweet deal!
SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!!!

Well, by end of January I called to follow-up that our magnets had indeed gone out and find out when I would receive the 50 complimentary magnets which came with each county. I was told by a customer service rep that when an order is placed it could then take up to 12 weeks. I explained to her, that is not at all what we were told, but she insisted. So, confused and not happy with those answers, like a dummy, I waited. Well, a few days after my phone call I suddenly received the complimentary magnets for Lake County, strange... So, I waited a week or so longer for the other county and never receiving it, I called customer service again.

Well, this time the rep took the time to explain their actual procedures and this is when I found out everything the salesman told me was a LIE! They only print UP TO (key words) 1000 magnets for that select county, 50 go to each advertised business and the remaining go to the distributing company, which is who actually ordered the magnets for distribution. Universal Adcom has no idea how these companies distribute these magnets, Universal Adcom does not mail anything but to the distributing company. The whole 5 years story and every household was all BS. When I explained to her what I was told and asked for a manager I was told I could only leave a name and contact number.

Well, a week later and I have yet to hear back! As for the magnets for McHenry, doubt they ever even printed them. I have yet to receive. The tracking number through UPS which they provided and would not track for me, said the package was lost a month ago and Universal Adcom was notified.

Well, I have disputed these charges on my credit card and have won as they didn't even fight it! THEY KNOW WHAT THEY DID! AND THEY BACK THEIR LYING, CHEATING SALESMAN WHO PROBABLY EARN COMMISSION!

I saw that this company also DBA MANY other company names and you should beware of any of them for now!!!
Comments United States Telemarketing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of May, 2010 by   Eric Rasmussen 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. The salemen told me that it would be 6-8 weeks. After 9 weeks I called andd they said that they were in production and should get them in a couple of weeks. A couple of weeks later I called and they said that they went to print yesterday and that I should receive them in about 2-3 weeks. I did talk to a supervisor and they insisted I was told 12-16 weeks. I filed the dispute today with my credit card company and I assume that they will not fight it.
I can only assume that they only print magnets and distribute them the the company that paid for them. How do we know how mny are actually distributed. I was supposed to get 100 for myself and 2500 would be distributed. If I only get my magnets, that would mean that I paid over $3 per magnet.
Stay away from this company!
 14th of Aug, 2010 by   A FORMER EMPLOYEE 0 Votes
THEY ARE INDEED A SCAM THEIR LOCATED AT 3401 ALTAMESA BLVD SCOREBOARD SPORTS MARKETING THAT'S JUST ANOTHER ONE OF THEIR MANY OTHER NAMES. THEY GET AWESOME COMISSION SOME MAKE 1000 A WEEK THEY HAVE SO MUCH MONEY THEY WALK AROUND WITH ABOUT 1000 A DAY GIVING IT OUT FOR SALES IT THEIR "SPIFF" MONEY. THEY GIVE CASH MONEY ON A DAILY BASIS THEY HAVE DRAWINGS FOR MONEY DAILY THEY HAVE BINGO POTS THEY'VE GOT MONEY TO BURN!!!
 24th of Sep, 2010 by   Really People Come On 0 Votes
It's really funny how some people exaggerate things to sound worse than it really is. If you were a smart business person you would know to get everything in writing or recorded. You have to protect yourself and stop blaming other people. Maybe instead of being pissed that some salespeople make a decent living think about the fact is they have to support their families too and maybe they do the best they can. Not everything is a scam and if people would be professional about things like this and not throw hissy fits you would get some answers. I have never worked for this company but I have worked in the customer service industry and can tell you from experience that every business has people who want to complain and whine when they misheard the person or misunderstood and were "tricked" into something. You weren't tricked you just assumed something and didn't really pay attention. Also come on people these are salespeople we are talking about. It is there job to sell you things!!! It's the same thing as a car salesman or contractor trying to get your business or your insurance company selling you that great new policy you just have to have. Realize that you need to take some responsibility that you didn't pay attention and you didn't get anything in writing. Just something to think about!!!

Also former employee you are a former employee for a reason sounds like you are a little bitter.
 13th of Oct, 2010 by   b_rett 0 Votes
They called me and said that we had run this ad before and that they wanted to know if we would renew and double check the info was correct. I didnt recall running such an ad but listened to thier shtick anyway. I had them send me a copy of the ad. It was obviously cut and pasted right from our website! They called me in October about this saying that they would be printing in Novemeber. So my brain started turning...

If they are printing in November then that means if we ran this ad last year it would have been around the same time. As I mentioned, the ad copy they sent had images and text copied right from our website. The problem is that info and images WERE NOT on the website until only a couple months ago!!! The rep obviously jumped online, cut and pasted (and i mean cut with scissors and pasted with elmers) "our ad" together and sent me it. TOTAL SCAM!!! BS!
 6th of Nov, 2010 by   KEEPIN' IT REAL 0 Votes
NOT ALL PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR UNIVERSAL ADCOM ARE SCAMMERS, NOT ALL HAVE INTEGRITY EITHER.. THE EMPLOYEES WILL ONLY BE AS HONORABLE AS THE SUPERIORS THAT MONITOR THEM. REALLY, IT'S SIX OF ONE, HALF A DOZEN OF THE OTHER, IT'S BUYER BEWARE. THE FACILITY DIRECTOR'S MOTTO IS "BUYERS ARE LIARS". SOME PEOPLE DO INTENTIONALLY MISREP, BUT THERE ARE SOME THAT WORK HARD TO MAKE AN HONEST LIVING. I WORK FOR THE COMPANY AND JUST THANK GOD EVERY DAY THAT HE KEEPS ME HONEST. I CAN'T WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHERS DO, I AM ONLY RESPONSIBLE FOR MYSELF. AS A RULE, I NEVER GIVE PAYMENT OVER THE PHONE FOR SOMETHING I DIDN'T INITIATE. (IF I DIDN'T CALL YOU, I AIN'T PAYING YOU). I AGREE THERE ARE PRECAUTIONS WE MUST TAKE AS A BUSINESS OWNER, USE COMMON SENSE. DON'T EVER ALLOW YOUR HEART TO DICTATE YOUR BUSINESS OR ALLOW ANYONE TO MAKE YOU FEEL "GUILTY" OR THAT IT'S YOUR DUTY AS A CITIZEN, WHETHER FOR SCHOOLS OR FOR MAGNETS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR BUSINESS, I HAVE ANOTHER RULE I FOLLOW "IF IN DOUBT, DON'T" PERIOD. AND, IF YOU FEEL YOU'VE BEEN MISLED OR SCAMMED, THERE IS PROBABLY SOME TRUTH TO IT. AFTER ALL, NO LIE IS 100% A LIE AND NO TRUTH IS 100% THE TRUTH.
 14th of Dec, 2010 by   The New Age of Light 0 Votes
TO ALL WHOM ENTER this is the reality of the Universal Adcom world. As someone who knows the interstructure and organization of this company, I can tell you that the secret to their success is not through integrity. Another one of there saying from the National Vice President himself is, "Do not comprise your integrity for just one deal." If this is in compliance with the management of this so called viable company then how come former employees agree that the motto of "BUYERS ARE LYERS" is in the thoughts and ideas of management? Also reflecting upon their own moral character. Don't we learn from youth, that we set an example for your children? When I tell you that the floor has many young minds, that have been deceived I mean it with strength and sincerity. Others employees don't have a choice they are just providing there service to the world. So then we start to look at ourselves as people and who we are to become in the future of our own reputation. A corporation that establishes there entity providing fundraising items to support the educational system is a Fraud. Why hasn't there been regulation and legislation about this type of business commerce and its association with our nation's school systems. Can I live with the fact that I am accrediting a business under my name that has a rating with the Better Business Bureau of an F? F for Failure. Most small business owners or newly establish entrepreneurs I urge you to look for other forms of advertising and allow ourselves to be free from people how have proven there worth to society. They target your type first; they see you as the weakest.
 11th of Mar, 2011 by   Keepin it real # 2 0 Votes
BE CAREFUL!!! They will do whatever it takes to get their money. GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY. Starting with the owners all the way down to veteran rep.'s New people are oblivious to the fact and they get fired before they even get a chance to actually start lying. This place is so ridiculous. DON"T DO BUSINESS with them. Each "distributor" gets 100 magnets and then each "endorser" gets 200 magnets. Most County publications have one maybe two distributors. And of course each advertiser that goes on the magnet gets anywhere from 15 to 25. So thats where they get the "up to" 1000 magnets but sometimes they do not print ANY magnets. And the distributor never actually hands them out. The management is pretty ridiculous too. They all know whats going on and don't do anything about it. They just want the numbers because most of them are felons and will not be able to find a better job. As for the employees...most of them are good people trying to survive. Others...crackheads. I hope one day all the businesses that have been scammed by them get justice.
 23rd of Mar, 2011 by   hggyy 0 Votes
pretty sure ur all just a bunch of fucking idiots...i work for the company and have HUNDREDS of repeat customers i deal with EVERY year who are happy..maybe should talk to the right people before u bitch
 23rd of Mar, 2011 by   hggyy 0 Votes
good
 10th of Jun, 2011 by   nonprofit 0 Votes
Universal Ad Com's specialty is pitting employees against each other. Today I spoke with Rebecca Thomas. They ask the receptionist the names of several employees and then use those later to say, "Oh, well Sally ordered this". They have done this several times, saying that my boss ordered magnets (through the Chamber- Chamber's never heard of them) when my boss was not here that day. When I explained to Rebecca that I was in charge of advertising and my boss didn't order them, she said they'd already been printed and all they could do now was reduce my cost from $700 to $399. I said that she was wrong.

First, I said, he didn't order them. Second, they aren't distributing them around the county, which they say they do. Third, last time they roped us into this, we saw magnets somewhere else in town and instead of our name and logo on them, it was that business's. Our name is not getting sent out at all, and they're being shady. Fourth, I knew they hadn't been printed because she just called two days ago to ask for changes, and then they try to switch and send my boss to a verifier, and he wouldn't do it. At this point she stops me and says, "I never said they were printed" BULL.

I told her that if they hadn't been printed, then she couldn't bill me- and to take me off her list.
 1st of Jul, 2011 by   Clovebaby 0 Votes
i worked for universal adcom for almost 3 years as a typesetter, I actually set up and put together the ads. I can say that most of the people in to production side of the company are really good people but are the lowest on the totem pole. In the 3 years i worked there i never got a raise, there were others there that had gone 8 years without a raise. there are no benefits for their employees at all. A typesetter started out at $10 an hour. Upper management and Sales floor is a different story. Sales floor is about half druggies, convicts, and born scammers, the other half are really good people, they all make big time bucks. Management is a joke! Roy the Production manager was a huge joke, the man was an idiot, he actually came out of his office and asked how to open an excel file, he couldn't type at all, and barely knew how to turn on a computer. He was best known for his harem of Latin girls that worked in the back printing shop, he was caught multiple times having sex with one of them in a dark room or corner of the warehouse, he could get away with it because the girls didn't speak any English. Then there was the CEO who was found passed out in his car in the middle of the road with his young daughter in the back seat with a box in the passenger seat with lines of coke ready to go, that was all over the local news, and he is the son of the owner of the company. The CEO's sister is also in upper management but i never knew what her title was but she is also a coke head not to mention a meth head. there was only 2 people in upper management that were worth a dam and that were actually any good.

as for the people that are saying this is a scam, its not, the sales people at this company are no different from car salesmen. they will say and do what ever they have to to get the sale. Yest they actually print out the magnets that you order, depending on how many adds there are depends on how quickly it gets printed. It usually took about a month before a small magnet got ready to come to production and about another week before it went to print. They sell adds all over the US and there was only 7 typesetters for the entire company and only 3 graphics people doing any logo artwork.

if you want to know the best product for your company to buy ad space on it would be the school T-shirts
 23rd of Oct, 2011 by   Jessicawestern 0 Votes
I don't know what one of the posters on here is talking about, but these people are not rolling in money. The carpet is ripped and dirty and it smells like chemicals inside. The walls are horrible orange and bright blue colors with grease stains and/or dirt all over them. The sales reps do not even have COMPUTERS to work on. Their tools consist of papers, a telephone and the ability to lie a lot for measly paycheck. In every way, Those who enjoy lying and have zero ethics, i.e.I'm a project manager "with" the fire dept., ect., probably can keep themselves employed. Just about everything they say is a lie, including, "The Chamber of Commerce recommended your business." Absolute B.S. No other organizations are involved in any of this.

The reason they don't send out magnets is they have a printing area that looks like something a small office might use. One little manual roll machine. It's very primitive. There is no way they could keep up with what they are selling, even if they wanted to.

The sales managers are probably making some money off of the backs of the salespeople. Those doing the selling start at 7.25 an hour (minimum wage) and have to sell $500 worth of ads every day (1-2 ads) or a minimum of $2, 000 a week. For all of that, they get a $50 commission on top of minimum wage. Anyone who works there and pays these shysters $500 a day in return for a minimum wage job is nuts. The salary goes up over time, but so do the quotas. They have no health benefits, with a one-week vacation after two years !!???

I can't understand how they stay in business. The owner obviously has some sort of clout in high places to get away with this.I worked there for two days and resigned. I'm not a slave and I am not going to misrepresent myself and tarnish my name by lying to small business owners all over the country. They have more than 400 complaints with the Better Business Bureau in Texas alone. Some of the complaints involve billing people's accounts for magnets they didn't order.

If you haven't researched this company online and you get taken for a ride, then shame on YOU.
 30th of Nov, 2011 by   PROUD EMPLOYEE STANDING STRONG 0 Votes
WELL WHAT AN EYE OPENER. I AM EMPLOYEE OF UAC AND HAVE BEEN THERE FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS. I DO AGREE WITH SOME OF THE COMMENTS MADE HOWEVER MY STRONGEST AGREEMENT IS THAT IT ALL LYES IN EACH INDIVIDUAL SALES REP. BEING THAT IVE SEEN IT AND HEARD IT ALL THE COMPANY HAS TAKEN CARE OF ME BY PROVIDING MY FAMILY WITH DENTAL AND VISION BENEFITS. AS WELL AS FLEXABLITY TO TAKE CARE OF PERSONAL BUSINESS. I HAVE YET TO LIE IN ORDER TO MAKE A SALE AND IF THERE HAS BEEN ANY MISCOMMUNICATION I HAVE DONE MY BEST TO GET TO THE BEST UNDERSTANDING FOR OUR CUSTOMERS AS WELL AS SECURE THE ETHICS OF THIS COMPANY. NO IM NOT RICH FROM MAKING SALES BUT I DO WELL AND AM DEPENDED ON GREATLY FOR MY INTEGRITY. I DO BELIEVE IN SECOND CHANCES FOR PEOPLE AS I SEE SO DOES THE COMPANY UNLIKE OTHER COMPANIES IN OUR SOCIETY WHO JUST SHUT PEOPLE OUT. ANY BUSINESS THAT HAS MADE IT PASSED 35+ YEARS IS BOUND TO MAKE MISTAKES AS WE ARE ALL HUMANS, ITS WHAT MAKES US BETTER EACH YEAR.

How to Buy a Photo Printer