logo

just group (Blue Lakes)
Fraud
3. (4 mins ago)
Treegloo.com
Untrustworthy company with many scamming schemes
4. (26 mins ago)
USAFIS.org
Green Card Fraud
5. (45 mins ago)
TheATP
Real scam and fake checks

Consumer Tips & Tricks

2479 Windmill Cr
Elizabeth, Colorado
Phone: 720-851-9637
workathomeunited.com
First they call you sounding very professional asking if you are still interested in how to make money working from home.

They then schedule an appointment where you will be involved in a conference call. Once you are there you must listen to a 25 minute speech by some woman about how this company can help you make money.

Basically they want you to buy Melaleuca, Inc. products and then refer people to the site to also buy them and you get money for whatever they buy.

So in other words, SCAM. You would have to refer hundreds of people and have them buy hundreds of dollars worth of products every month in order to collect any type of decent income.

Apparently there are promotions involved also which sounds shady as well since those are determined by the amount of people you refer.

So I basically hung up after 10 minutes not only because it wasnt something that I thought was valid but also because the women who spoke sounded as if they had rehearsed this call dozens of times. Almost like a paid ACTOR would.

Anyways. If you wanna go ahead and try it out by all means go for it. But I believe it wouldn't do anything but waste my time and money.

Comments United States Hosting & Web Design
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Jul, 2009 by   Hope4life +2 Votes
I am actually involved in this business. My mentor is at the beginning and will be recieving a legitimate $5oo.oo bonus at the end of this month. This business moves how you move it. Regardess I love the company and the people involved. I am really impressed with their sense of moral value. The reality is that Workathomeunited has a trade-mark agreement with Melaleuca. This protects the company because Workathomeunited is set up as a business co-op not controlled by Melaleuca. Melaleuca allows these co-ops in order to help you save money and make money. Besides, the products are safe for the whole family, non-toxic and less expensive. I have also found the techical support to be very kind, patient, and helpful. They even helped me correct my own email problem. My email is annierosemom@yahoo.com if you have any questions.
 9th of Aug, 2009 by   Where-ever +1 Votes
I worked with Melaleuca a couple of years ago, and I agree with the above. The products are great and there is a tremendous amount of training and support to be successful. I agree that Melaleuca is a great opportunity if you are willing to devote the time necessary to be successful. You've got to move it yourself! I order the supplements, laundry detergent and bar soap every month. Its great stuff for people with allergies. l
 10th of Aug, 2009 by   nnmommy +1 Votes
I agree with the two comments! This is a great business if you work it! They are great products and I will never use anything else!!!
 17th of Sep, 2009 by   Mom of 6 +3 Votes
First of all, I've been with Melaleuca and the WAHU team for over 2 years, I have NOT referred 100s of people and make a great income every month! I'm a mother of 6, a SINGLE MOTHER OF 6 KIDS IN WHICH I DON'T RECEIVE A DIME OF CHILD SUPPORT! I think it's ridiculous that b/c you DON'T want to work hard that you list this as a scam and ruin other people's opportunity of earning a residual income with a company that is listed with the BBB Hall of Fame! This company works, but YOU HAVE TO WORK, just like with any other job.
 17th of Oct, 2009 by   I call 0 Votes
LOL, anyone else notice all these people commenting "love the company"... I bet these people get paid to search sites like this and say what a great investment this junk is... If it looks like a scam, smells like a scam, and pays people to tell you it is not a scam... Guess what... it IS a SCAM :)
 27th of Oct, 2009 by   Wanda -1 Votes
Any JOB that asks for your credit card is a SCAM SCAM SCAM
You dont go to work at Ms Donalds and give them card info. THey are supposed to pay YOU.
 11th of Dec, 2009 by   Mz. Millionaire +2 Votes
I'm wondering how is it you've come to the conclusion that WAHU is a scam after being on the phone for 10 mins? Most jobs I worked for took at least a week and a paycheck for me to realize it wasn't for me. You probably would be more happy flipping burgers at McDonald's cause it sounds to me like you have a poor attitude and don't need to be working closely with people anyways. Ever heard the saying "you get out of it, what you put into it"? Bottom line is WAHU is for business-minded women who want to work from home. And no I don't get paid to search sites and make comments, what a joker.
 12th of Feb, 2010 by   AtHomeNana 0 Votes
Well, the Website says that this is not a MLM, but it really is, so I can see how this would discourage people. I was thinking about making an inquiry, but because one of the benefits is listed as "no MLM" and I from what I'm reading it really is, it makes me wonder about the accuracy of the other benefits listed.
 25th of Feb, 2010 by   i care about my kids 0 Votes
THIS COMPANY HAS WON THE BLUE TORCH AWARD FOR THE B.B.B., THAT EXPLAINS IT IN DETAIL. NOT A SCAM, URE THE SCAM. JUST MAD CAUSE U WISH U FOUND SOMETHING LIKE THIS. U STILL CAN U KNOW.
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by   hobet +2 Votes
here it is in a nutshell...melaleuca is a company that is dedicated to provide people with choices to a healther livestyle then some of us...it is not for everyone but for some it is a good choice.. if your friend went to see a movie and came back all excited saying that is was awesome movie and that you had to see..you go out and buy a ticket..and decided that is wasnt the movie for you, well that is how melaleuca works...but you actually get paid for it. i dont work for melaleuca but considering it
but that doesnt mean that you should go and ruin oppertunities for others. it may not have been for you, but it is for some..
 11th of Mar, 2010 by   ShakiraWallmar -1 Votes
The companies both Internet CEO Moms and Work at Home United are not scams, they are honest business that provide residual income. I do however know that there is another company that provides a larger compensation package and is definitely not a scam.

Visit my website:

www.shakirawallmar.com
 28th of Mar, 2010 by   sky12 +3 Votes
I've been a customer of Melaleuca for over a year and I am completely satisfied with the quality of the products, the service, and the integrity of the company. I am just now pursuing the opportunities that the company offers. I was skeptical also, but the products speak for themselves. I'll let you know how I do...
 6th of Apr, 2010 by   Kaseyann972 +3 Votes
Calling WAHU, CEO Moms, and Melaleuca a scam is like saying that Avon is a scam...I personally have done several work at home jobs including Avon, BeautiControl, MaryKay, HomeInteriors, etc...and My Work At Home United career is by FAR the best one I have found! I don't have to sell or stock anything, I don't have to do parties, I can work right from home and make an income. I am proud to be part of such an amazing company that has devoted itself to having the highest integrity and the best products on the market. I am blessed by the support team I have and I absolutely LOVE the products. What a difference this has made in my life! And I don't need to refer "100s" of people to have an income. I urge you to research the company for yourself and make an educated decision rather than jumping to conclusions.

www.LivingYourLifeWell.com
 26th of Apr, 2010 by   francescasmommy 0 Votes
Why are people freaking out about whether or not this is a scam? It's just like working for Lia Sophia, Tupperware, MaryKay, Pampered Chef, et cetera... Melaluca is a company. A friend of mine's mom sells the stuff... I think she just went through Melaluca, but this looks like instead of getting it from the company - you get it from someone who buys it wholesale from the company?? maybe? kinda unclear to me, which is why i'd rather just go through Melaluca... but you can definately make $$ selling the stuff, it's REALLY good stuff!! It's pretty expensive - but it's on the level with the Body Shop - and people who buy it - generally ONLY buy Melaluca. Anyway - I'm starting to think that this whole working from home thing is NOT as easy as it originally seemed!! grr!
 27th of Apr, 2010 by   Sylvana +2 Votes
I make a replacement income with Work at Home United. I have referred 31 people to my favorite store and they compensate me for it:) I can understand those that are skeptical because I was too after looking at dozens of companies and researching them and their compensation plans. I believe this is the best opportunity out there. The only people who fail at Melaleuca are the ones that quit. And a quick note as to cost effectiveness, I am a coupon shopper and Melaleuca is far more cost effective than shopping at Wal-mart. All of my products were paid for early on in my business so I have erased that expense from my monthly budget. Don't knock something you either haven't tried, or are not willing to actually do the work. WORK WORKS. Simple as that. Oh...and where else can you not sell (inventory products) anything, receive residual income every month, get free products, discounts etc. for doing what you are already doing shopping at the grocery store? This is what's paying off our debt, paying for college and retirement and it's the last "job" I'll ever have to work. Those that don't believe can stay right where they are, no harm done, just don't complain about how you are broke!
 11th of Jun, 2010 by   LynnT +2 Votes
I'm disappointed that WAHU doesn't tell you up front that they are associated with Melaleuca! I did a search & ended up here to find that out. I believe that's the turn off for most people. Does Avon Or Amway hide like this? No, I don't believe so.
I sold Melaleuca 15 or so years ago when they were new. Melaleuca was & I'm sure, still is, a great product line!
Am I interested in going back to it? No.
Did I receive monthly checks for the people I recruited & products sold? Yes I did!
 29th of Jul, 2010 by   california831 0 Votes
LynnT said it best. That's exactly why I sent and email to this recruiter woman telling her to take me off her mailing list- If you are so proud of your income, your company, the product why-WHY then must you not say a word until you have a 45 minute phone or web meeting? I think I would have thought more highly of the recruiter if she was just upfront with me and informed me of how it all worked... I then probably would have taken the time to let her know I would participate in a web meeting and see if this truly would have worked for me. I have never heard of the Melaleuca and had to Google it after I saw it here on this website...If the recruiter would have explained ALL of this to me upfront and then informed me about the phone call or web meeting to further inform me, I would have gone down that road, but not when people hide behind a product to set people up is just plain strange... How funny some of these posts talk and try and compare Avon, since several of these WAHU people came from Avon. Avon is DEFINITELY NOT a scam, but people who sell the Avon products tell you up front they are selling it and give you a booklet and online information to order as well- they surely don't HIDE behind the product and make you take a sales call or hear a pitch before they inform you they sell Avon.
Lame. I truely do not CARE how great a product, people, program this WAHU and/ or Melalueca is, I am too turned off by the business approach to even consider it an option in my life- That's not my style how to treat or recruit people.
 2nd of Aug, 2010 by   Matsi133 0 Votes
It's called a pyramid scheme. The only ones really making profit are the higher ups. Watch Penn & Teller's Bullshit. (show) they did a whole show on these companies.
 3rd of Aug, 2010 by   WAHU 0 Votes
This company is sooooo not a pyramid scam because you can make more money than those above you ... And it is not an MLM, it is a consumer direct marketing company with an A+ standing with the BBB. Do your research. If this were a scam then how could Melaleuca have an A+ rating with the BBB. This is a very legitamate company with great people and if you have the drive you can succeed. And actually you do not make money off of how many personal enrollments you have but by how you help those enrollments succeed.
 27th of Aug, 2010 by   cbmpak +1 Votes
I'm a stay at home mom of 4 and one on the way. My husband was seriously injured and couldn't go back to work for two years. during the first few weeks i did an overwhelming amount of research on home based businesses. I had found a few that i was really interested in and went for it. turns out i was wrong and with all the research i found on the companies still didn't prevent the scam from happening. shortly after that a friend of mine introduced me to WAHU. she showed me her checks and though it was a lot she was able to supplement her husbands income. I fell in love with the products that Melaleuca offers and the prices really are great. after a year of watching her grow in her business and her income replacing her husbands i decided to work for WAHU as well. I have only been with them a few months and my checks are still rather small, but every month they grow a little. It does take work (which i am grateful to do) to make the money come in. I am proud to work for WAHU and sell Melaleuca products. I am proud to help family, friends, and strangers see what "going green" is all about. I do host parties just like Lia Sophia and Party lite and Pampered chef...etc. I have a whole collection of products that i have purchased over the past year that i keep special for parties like this. I love to demonstrate them and watch people turn to the "green" side of life.
I hope to work for WAHU for many years to come!

P.s. I'm not a paid actor, i'm just a mother and a wife trying to survive in this economy as so many of the other responders above are. we are giving our testimonials because we love WAHU and we believe in making our world a healthier place, one person at a time...

BBB Tips on Dealing With Debt Collectors