logo

everything

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

United States Post Office, California Complaints & Reviews - Ripped off packages

United States Post Office Contacts & Informations

United States Post Office

Posted: 2011-02-17 by    BFrasier

Ripped off packages

Inited States Post Office
California
Phone: 323-735-0684
Moved 4 wks ago to new home, filled out all the appropriate change of address forms and rec'd confirmation from PO for same. Not only are we NOT recieving any forwarded mail, but birthday gifts for grandchild mailed via USPS to NEW address when tracked indicate "attempt to deliver" and then "delivered". There was NO attempt to deliver, no notification of ATTEMPT to deliver and when I called to speak to an postal employee at our new post office I was told that the problem should be addressed to our OLD address. When I reiterated that the PKGS (one from Amazon & one from a friend) were sent via USPS to NEW address and were not forwarded she insisted my issue was with my OLD post office. Are these folks so over worked, under appreciated and under paid that they really have no interest in being of service and are we just left with at rock bottom the reality that our packages have been ripped off by a USPS employee and I can't trust these civil servants at ALL???? We have no recourse do we? We are just left at there mercy and oh well - it's your word against ours - I say we never rec'd merchandise and you say it was delivered. WOW ...
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Aug, 2012 by   MachelleW -1 Votes
Last week was my birthday and I always receive gifts in the mail from my family. I didn't receive any cards which was not like my family, some started calling me asking if I received the card. I waited and waited, two weeks no cards. My brother called the company where he purchased a gift card and someone had cashed it. I know the post office did it. What can I do about this. I am so angry. I missed precious cards and gifts from my family.
 25th of Feb, 2013 by   Godhatesthieves 0 Votes
I ordered a product and it was shipped USPS with a tracking number. The tracking number shows it to be delivered. Funny thing is that I was outside when the mail carrier put the mail in the box, But my package was NOT there. I guess thieven mail carriers get a blind eye turned on them now days. I'm not paying the post office to find out wtf happened when it's THERE FAULT to begin with!!!

WSYX Columbus Coverage Being Used as Scam Source