logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
www.hairlineillusions.com
The rep lied about the shipping and my order wasn’t send at all
2. (10 mins ago)

united recovery services Contacts & Informations

united recovery services

Posted:    nata

harassment

I can not believe the annoyiing phone calls I am constantly recieveing from this annoying agency. They constatntly call me at work numerous amounts of time per day. There has got to be a way to stop the harrasment. It is getting ridicoulus, I cann ot believe the extremes they will go to.
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Jan, 2009 by   Syleca Mageors-Heck 0 Votes
My grandmother just started receiving those annoying phone calls. They start calling her at 8 a.m. and call every hour, on the hour, until 9 p.m. Last week I asked a woman from URS to please send documentation to my grandmother and that there was no need for the phone calls, as once documentation was received, and if she indeed did ow the amount (she believes that she paid this bill prior to her leaving TX) she would pay it promptly. She has yet to receive the documentation and is still being harrassed. This morning I have educated myself on the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and I feel very empowered! We're going to start playing with them a whole new way today! Get educated!
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   urs 0 Votes
United Recovery Systems 800-326-3446. I recieved a call this afternoon. I called back and gave them a first and last name. She tried to verify my address/phone#/last four of ssn, but I did not comply. I informed her I do not have any collections and I have top credit, so there is no reason to move forward with this issue. She started to argue that she was trying to help me, and I need to verify more information. She accused me of not being the person I stated because I did not know my information! Haha! She said she will note I did not comply with her request. ... "Well, if you choose not to verify any of your information then we'll let the chips fall where they may! And you'll have to take care of this down the road on your own, because you will not verify your information with me! Goodbye!!"... And she actually hung up on me. If you google this company there are many complaints against this company.

Check out the Federal Trade Commission website www.ftc.gov, then do a search for United Recovery Systems. And check out the $240, 000 judgement against them in 2002.

27th of Oct, 2009 by   Bill Gleason 0 Votes
I too have harassed by United Recoveries. They are calling me on a current HSBC account. What we and you need to do is to file complaints with the FTC, which they have a few, and the state attorney general office of each state. What I feel we need to do is to file a class action suit against them, and HSBC. Please post all of your complaints, then copy and send them to attorney generals office. Also send them to the FTC, along with US Attorney General. This company has violated several FDCPA laws, and they need to be closed down!
 27th of Oct, 2009 by   Bill Gleason 0 Votes
Just so you are aware collection agencies are allowed to call and leave a message 2x's per day at either home or work. If you tell then they can not call you at work they must stop. If they do not then they are in violation of the FDCPA.
 11th of Mar, 2011 by   Debi T. 0 Votes
I have been harrassed by United Recovery as well. could not count the number of calls. They give me an offer and when i go to acccept then they told me no that I had to provide more money and still didnt qualify. Then had the nerve to tell my what money i had availible which was wrong! I have call Capitol one to see if i can deal with them instead. This united recovery should be sent to the better business office...
 10th of Jun, 2011 by   annoyed80 0 Votes
This company is very sneaky. They called with a number with my area code and false number to show up on my caller ID.. And they are not even located in my state of california. They are located in Tennisee. And when i had called they were telling me false information. I have done my researcch on this company and they are very mean and like to harrase people. I told them to stop with the false information and I will be reporting them to the Federal Trades Commisions. Falsifying your company and why you are calling is illegal under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) If you are having problems with the company please contact the FTC at www.ftc.gov or 1-877-ftc-help. please visit the web site for any additional help on collections agencies trying to collect money in an illegal form of way. I found this site to be very helpful.
 31st of May, 2012 by   cablazer98 0 Votes
Where do I start. I started getting calls from these folks about a week ago and they have been rentless. They call a number and rather than leaving a message they hang up, not only that, they were trying to reach me through a business that is run on my property and were told not to call back and change the number to the correct one in order to reach me directly, it all fell on deaf ears because the very next day they called back again. Boy was I mad...after telling Eric that I was fully aware of the $800.00 owed to Capital One and would try and work something out. I tried to explain to these yahoo's that I had fell and broke my arm at work and was out of work and basically couldn't pay my CC bills as I was not receving my full pay; which right now is barely enough to pay my mortgage, utilities and buy a little bit of food. So after telling Eric all of this he had the nerve to ask me how much was in my bank account and wanted me to call my mortgage company and see if I could defer a mortgage payment and pay him with the money. I said, NO and there was no way I was going to defer any mortgage payment and then have to still pay interest on top on interest (plus you don't just defer mortgage payments). I also noticed that the number on my called ID was a local number but Eric gave me a 1-866 toll free number to call. When I asked about the local number I was told, that the main number goes through a router so their customers don't have to make long distance phone calls back to them...I had to laugh...I have spent my career in Information Technology and I guess they are ashamed of their company name so they hide it behind a fake number. I told Eric today 5/31/2012 that I would pay $50.00 a month on this bill and they could take it or leave it. He said he would see if he could get it approved...I am not expecting that to happen, so when I talk to him next, I am going to tell him to go fly a kite and I will deal with Capital One directly. Oh, one last thing, Eric told me that Capital One was getting ready to take legal action against me and we only had one week to get it resolved. It has been almost 3 months since I made payment and I told him Capital One has to notify me in writing of their intent and I have recevied anything from them about legal action. It is an unsecured Credit Card...they could probably garnish my wages, or put a lein in my house...or last but not least, take away my birthday. I am fed up with them and I told Eric, if he continues to call the place of business on my property looking to speak to me I was going to file harassement charges against USR. Then I disrepectfully hung up on him...

Tax Refund Scam Circulates Internet