logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
jewelrybund.com
My order wasn’t successful and impossible to return them
2. (1 mins ago)
jewelrybund.com
I got damaged jewellery and communication stopped
3. (4 mins ago)
jewelrybund.com
Seller and agent don’t reply to emails
4. (5 mins ago)
Worst builder ever seen

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

United Online collections Division-Juno, Woodland Hills, California Complaints & Reviews - fraudulent collection letter

United Online collections Division-Juno Contacts & Informations

United Online collections Division-Juno

Posted:    JB

fraudulent collection letter

United Online Collection Division-Juno
PO Box 5006-BD
Woodland Hills, California
Phone: 800-210-1700
I received a letter requesting a overdue balance be paid for by the above Company, which I assume is Juno. I have never purchased anything from this company. I looked up Juno on the internet and allI found was a Internet provider. So I know I never used this company. They were asking fro $14.90 which is exactly the amount another person said they we asked to pay. This is a sham!

They threatened me with collections if I dodn't pay and I have never received a bill from any company called Juno!
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Oct, 2008 by   Osmith 0 Votes
Just about the same comment is listed on the web, but it's about Net zero, when you call, you get hooked up with machine that says nothing, except to send the money in or else.Where are the watch dogs???
 28th of Oct, 2008 by   Debbie Holman 0 Votes
I tried to call and talk with someone and all I got was an answering machine. They tell you if you dispute it to let them know within thirty days. You can't get in touch with them to dispute it. I don't know if I should pay it or not. I don't want this on my credit report but don't want to pay anything I owe. They say I owe 29.99 to Juno.
 3rd of Nov, 2008 by   Carol 0 Votes
We just recieved the same letter today but it was for netzero. How do you get in touch with them is my question. And we don't have netzero and never had netzero.
 18th of Mar, 2009 by   Cat 0 Votes
Watch your bank accounts. Net Zero and Juno were deducting $9.95 every other month from my checking account. The bank cleared this up and gave me a new account to prevent them from getting in again, and reimbursed me the lost money. Now I received the same letter for $14.90. When I researched this company, the only thing that came up was that it IS A FRAUD COMPANY.
 3rd of Apr, 2009 by   Helen Welsh 0 Votes
They are starting their scam all over again! I received a letter dated 3/30/09 saying I owed $14.94 for Juno. I never used this company nor received any other bill from them. As far as I'm concerned it a FRAUD and I will not pay the $14.94! People do not PAY UNITED ONLINE COLLECTIONS DIVISION from Woodland Hills CA one cent!
 6th of Apr, 2009 by   Shawn 0 Votes
I got a letter saying i owe 19.90 to Juno, and the letter was from UNITED ONLINE COLLECTIONS DIVISION
 27th of Apr, 2009 by   Rob +1 Votes
I am seriously thinking that Juno are running these fraudulent charges themselves or welcoming the extra revenues being accrued by the people committing this fraud. I was hung up on four times (over 5 hours combined on hold) by Juno trying to get two separate Juno accounts opened in my name, and with my debit card, terminated. After not getting anywhere with Juno I ended up contesting it with my bank (BOA). Now I received a letter from my bank stating that they are unable to contest the charges because Juno is stating that "Services that are recurring must be canceled prior to the transactions that are in dispute". Seriously, WTF am I supposed to do now? I guess take it in the ass by the system. The beauty of this is that charges under $100 are of absolutley no interest to authorities or anyone else of that matter so in the end I get stuck with the bill. What an awesome scam. Congratulations Juno! You've figured out how to take advantage of struggling Americans during a recession so that you can keep your own worthless company afloat.
 28th of Aug, 2009 by   gogetter2009n10 +1 Votes
Yep. It's a scam. Now, what do WE do about it? Let's make these scam artists pay...and since NetZero wants to playball with scamsters, let's include them in the lawsuit and sue for more money?? We will MAKE them stop their scamster ways.
 5th of Jan, 2010 by   Fire10579 +1 Votes
I am definately not paying this. I NEVER had a Juno account EVER, Nor did I ever try and get one. THese people must be stopped!!!
 17th of Jan, 2010 by   CKW56 -1 Votes
Report to the BBB. I just did. Everyone who has received such a notice must report to the BBB for action to be taken against these scammers.
 1st of Feb, 2010 by   CKW56 +1 Votes
Here's my 1/17/10 report to The BBB: "United Online Collections Division send me a $29.90 past due notice that must be paid in full by 22 Jan 2010 to stop all collection activity and listed the creditor as Juno, a United Online Company. I have never dealt with such a company nor have I ever had a @juno.com account which was listed on their letter. The letter was postmarked12/28/2009 which I just (1/17/2010) opened. I called the phone # listed and got only a recording. See http://www.complaintsboard.com/fraud where others have also been victimized. I was going to send them a letter but decided against it and feel it's better to report this to the BBB".

on 1/31/10 I rec'd the following email from The BBB: "Your complaint has generated activity that needs your attention. Please click on the link below to get details about this activity and information as to how to respond, if a response is needed."

I clicked on the link and the following was posted: " To whom it may concern, We are in receipt of the above-referenced complaint. (My name) issued a complaint with you as a result of her experience with Juno Online Services, a United Online Company. She states that she is disputing a collections notice Juno sent her because she has no knowledge of this account. As compensation, (my name) would like her debt cleared. In researching this account, I discovered that according to our records, (my name) signed up for Juno's billable service for account (my name)@Juno.net. (My name) claims to have no knowledge of this account, and she began incurring charge errors when we attempted to charge her for her monthly subscription fee. Due to this, she incurred a debt on the account and the service became inactive due to nonpayment. Since there is no usage on this account, as a courtesy to (my name), we have written off her debt. Therefore, she may ignore the notice she received. Additionally, there will be no affect on her credit history whatsoever. We hope (my name) is satisfied with the above information and we apologize for the confusion regarding her account. Thank you for your time, Matthew L. Customer Relationship Management Initial Response Summary Since there is no usage on this account, as a courtesy to (my name), we have written off her debt.

Here's my response: "I have never signed up for a Juno account. The letter postmarked 12/28/2009 was the first indication I received of this so called account and company. How can there be a debt on an account that I never had!!! How dare you state that I incurred a debt!!! In my complaint to the BBB, I did not state “as compensation, …… would like … debt cleared”. There is NO DEBT!!! What a bogus way of getting out of consumer fraud charges by stating as a courtesy you have written off a debt which was never a debt at all. The BBB should take action against this company because there’s documented complaints (http://www.complaintsboard.com/fraud) of their fraudulent activity. DO NOT insult the consumer by stating as a courtesy you have written off the debt. Why the insincere apology “for the confusion regarding her account”!! There was no confusion – it was Juno Online Service’s outright FRAUD!!! Juno Online Service’s business license should be revoked and they should be prosecuted! Juno Online Service’s fraudulent actions have caused me precious time. Juno Online Service should pay all the consumers for robbing them of their time and good name. ".

I urge anyone who has received any fraudulent letters / claims to file complaints with The BBB and not let these scumbags get away easily - flood them with complaint responses from The BBB so they won't have time to bug innocent consumers.
 2nd of Aug, 2010 by   dav2010 0 Votes
I just recived a letter from United Online Collections Division bill for $9.94 that they say that I owe which I do not owe nor had account with them a few years ago they sent me a lettr saying the same thing.

Realy wrighting the BBB realy does not help that much because I did it before and It did not help.

What realy needs done Is for all of us to file a class action suit agints them.( Both Of Them)

NetZero / United Online Collections Division.
 9th of Sep, 2010 by   furiouslyfuming 0 Votes
I wrote this on the "final notice" itself & am going to mail it to the address. Hopefully they'll back off of me:
I REFUSE TO PROVIDE THIS COMPANY W/ MY CREDIT CARD/ ANY OTHER INFORMATION
I AM NOT PAYING BECAUSE __THIS_ACCOUNT_WAS_CANCELLED_YEARS_AGO!!__
EVERYTHING ABOUT "UNITED ONLINE COLLECTIONS DIVISION" THAT I FOUND ONLINE INDICATES THAT THIS COMPANY IS FRAUDULENT.
I HAVE MADE COPIES OF THESE NOTICES & SUBMITTED TO THE PROPER AUTHORITIES FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION. I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT IS NOT GOING TO LET THIS RUIN MY CREDIT.

ugh! i shouldnt even have to be going throught all this trouble. wish me luck! and good luck to all the rest of you as well
 20th of Apr, 2011 by   caridad leon 0 Votes
My name is Caridad Leon. I received a letter from United Online Company, , , , I don't understand about what company you are talking about, , , You write down only an account number 869659913625..Who is the company who's charging me this amount...you have to be more specific..and then you have a telephone number but no body give me any information..

I sent the amount of $10.95.. because i don't want any problem with my credit score...
 20th of Apr, 2011 by   caridad leon 0 Votes
I received a letter from United Online Company...I don't understand why, , , , i don't own any money to no body...Someone stolen my citybank credit card and bought few things and run my credit three times in one mounth, , , , any way i sent the check for $10.95, , , , buy i want you explain to me where this Account # caming from...Thank you.
 7th of Jul, 2011 by   yahel olivera 0 Votes
hi my name is yahel olivera and also recived this united online collection division charge of $19.90 for for a service that was cancel on november of 2010, and last payment was on december 2010 ...now after almost seven months they send me this charge of $19.90 streitgh from online collection division...this is madnes also i call their free toll number but they dont answer here is the number 1-866-210-1700 and nobody gives me any information about it...so i consider this as a fraudulent charge that needs to be stop... so i have made copies of this notices & sibmited to the proper authorities for further investigation, and am not the only one that is not going to let this ruin my credit...my acount number is # 869580444018...

Account Verification‏ Western Union Scam