logo

Plus500
Fraud-money stolen
2. (11 mins ago)
Black Boat Hairs
very bad and untrustable company
3. (15 mins ago)
Safestyle UK
Totally unprofessional
4. (21 mins ago)
Benze Vacation Club
False Commitment and Membership
5. (25 mins ago)
RoidsMall
Ripped Me Off, Only sent 1/2 of my order.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Gail Burke

Harassing Phone Calls

Florida
Phone: 941-749-7988
I have received at least a half dozen calls from UMS from Adam March saying I am delinquent in paying for magazines from 2004 and I could accept a deal wherein I wont have to pay for the 17 subscriptions that I have already received but pay now for only 13 (I have never received nor did I order any magazines).

I have read many of the other complaints of this company. My question is how did anyone get rid of them? Did you have to sue or what?
Comments United States Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Aug, 2008 by   Mary 0 Votes
I have the exact same problem! I have received several phone calls from UMS. They claim that I have been deliquent on my "womens package" of magazines since 2003 and I need to pay now. I have never ordered any magazines. The person that I spoke to on the phone tonight (Jeff - he had a thick Indian accent) could not provide me with a phone number for his company. Since he did not have my correct billing address, only street address, I suggested that I provide him with my PO Box number (perhaps a mistake) so that he could mail me a copy of the supposed legally binding contract that he had. He refused to send me any documentation. This company is illegitimate.
 8th of Dec, 2009 by   CMS2009 0 Votes
I have been receiving calls from a Collections Agency regarding UMS from a subscription they claim I had in 2006. I told the Collections Agency that I won't give them any information over the phone and they would need to send me the information via mail. I have not received any delinquent notices from UMS at all in the 3 years they claim I missed payments. When the CA first called me, they claimed that I hadn't paid in 6 months then today's call tells me that I haven't paid since 2006. They also named the wrong bank and threatened me by telling me that they were going to send me to court and I told them to go right ahead. UMS is a total fraud!!!

'Cramming' Your Phone Bill Is Back