logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
PCH
You cant register for cash prize
2. (4 mins ago)
WIN PAYMENT CENTRE
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR WINNING PRIZE
5. (11 mins ago)
Awok.com
No value for customer complaints

Consumer Tips & Tricks

United Law Group
California
unitedlawgroup.com
Hello All,

I would like to go on record saying that this has been the worst experience ever; We to have placed our trust in a company (United Law Group) that clearly has no intentions on helping families like they say. We started our process with them in December and to this date we have had little to no feed-back at all. Our current status is that on Thursday 03-19-09 we received a certified letter that we have been summoned to court in April and just when we thought it couldn't get any worse we received another certified letter Tuesday 03-24-09 saying that our property has been forclosed and that we are to vacate immediately. As most of you all know we started calling United Law to see what was going on and we have only been able to speak with their client coordinator department and they are saying that they are only able to take notes and send them in an e-mail to our Processor ( Elizabeth Babida) who never calls us back. At this point it appears as though we have lost our home but what is really heart breaking to me is that I have two young kids that will not be able to grow up in the home/neighborhood that they have come to love sooo much. I would love to know if there is anything that we could do and if so please contact me.

Contact info. Lolissa Griffin
(901) 356-4907

This company should never be able to practice again!! If there is a way to stop them then we all just need to come together and make sure that this happens.

Sincerely,

Lolissa
Comments United States Lawyers and Attorneys
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Apr, 2009 by   ricksmits -3 Votes
I dont know know what you are talking about Lolissa. Me and my wife used United Law Group to modify our loan and am very thankful for everything that they did. Everything went very smooth with no complaints. We weren't behind but my wife had lost her job.. my hours were cut at work.. it was a screwed up situation! Theres no way we could afford that house payment. After the negotiations we went from paying 1570 a month now its down to 915 a month!! Yeah obviously you had to retain the attorney but to the people complaining about that fee all i gotta say it go get a 2nd job at mcdonalds and pay the dang fees and just get it over with. Stop complaining about services, i used to run my own business so i know how annoying customers can be.. and i could only imagine some of the most ignorant people are the ones who are in our type of situation anyway.
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   100%LoanModificationGuarantee +2 Votes
Your a Funny employee RickSmits. I have been monitoring all loanmodifications companies. . And your are prime example of the scam artist mentality . We know you work for the company as with many others who post on this site to help mask the lies and deception.
HOW DARE YOU TELL A FAMILY WHO LOST THERE HOME BECAUSE OF A COMPANY WHO DID NOT DO ANYTHING!!!
TO GET A SECOND JOB ETC.. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS WOMAN, ,
AND YOUR TONE AND COMMENT IS CLEARLY A PICTURE OF WHY YOUR BUSINESS WENT UNDER AND THE REASON WHY YOUR WORKING FOR A SCAM SHOP WHO PREYS ON HOMEOWNERS...
 13th of Apr, 2009 by   Lolissa +2 Votes
I have been out of loop for a while dealing with the loss of a family member.. Since my posting I have received many phone calls and I would like to say thanks to you all for the support and concerns. In a time like this words of encouragement is needed.

However, since my last posting United Law Group has contacted me about my posting. They said nothing about what is going on with our home but only wanted to clear their name to continue this bogus business. Mr. Tony Moran called me during in a time of grieve requesting for me to remove my posting which I did not agree to; however, he took the liberty of typing a retract letter for me to send to BBB and also included a freaking $150 dollar American Express gift card in exchange for lost of my home. WOW... Are they Serious? I guess my question to United Law Group is (Does this cover 1 night of not being homeless; what about the rest of my family well being that your company has taken away). How dare you to feel that this is acceptable and your company take no blame for the lost of our home. You would think that you would have a least offered to help with our legal fees that we are being charged to safe our home. We have had to hire an attorney to help undo the mess that you all created; the least you could have done was made sure that our home was reinstated at a reduced rate as MR.EMPLOYEE (AKA) RICKSMITS stated that you done for their family. United Law the only think that you all could do at this time for me and my family is to not offer us money but correct the mess that you did by contacting the courts and getting us our home back; keep us from being homeless if this can't be accomplished then please don't waist your time nor ours with any phone calls this just makes thinks more stressful for us.
 14th of Apr, 2009 by   Raelyn +2 Votes
All I can say is "Thank you Lolissa". I pray and hope that you will be blessed for your testimony and for helping to keep others from falling into this trap. The company "United Law Group" called me today and at once I went to the internet to check to see if the company was legit and found several sites about this group and how they are a SCAM...

Shame on these people!! Making promises that they don't keep and "stealing" from struggling people that are trying to keep their heads above water in this terrible economy!! Lolissa has small children and it is evil what these people have done to her and her family.

I think that United Law Group needs to pay-off Lolissa's home for this injustice amongst other things. I hope that these types of scams will be put to an end and that somebody with the power to do something about this will get started quickly before hundreds of other innocent people fall into the hands of this company and other companies like it.

Thanks again Lolissa and May God Vindicate...

Raelyn
 15th of Apr, 2009 by   chipcouncil +2 Votes
My grandparents, Tim and Merlyn Arant are both disabled and in and out of the hospital. The government is trying to force Tim to take his Social Security early by cutting his disability. They hired United Law Group back in October (2008) and they told them to stop making payments. They spent a fortune. Wells Fargo is now starting foreclosure proceedings and stated that United Law Group has made no contact with them. Its really horrible how they treat our senior citizens. To date they have done NOTHING to help them and now they are about to loose their house. His email address is iamtimarant@gmail.com
 17th of Apr, 2009 by   Lolissa +2 Votes
ATTENTION ALL:

For those of you that have been victimized by this company as well
I have new information on United Law Group that might be helpful to you . Please feel free to contact me ASAP. 901-356-4907. If I don't answere leave me a detailed message name and contact info. and I will return your call. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Lolissa Griffin
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   Bank Slayer -2 Votes

Have a nice day.
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   100%LoanModificationGuarantee +2 Votes
THE ATTORNEY GENERAL WILL HAVE A FIELD DAY WITH ALL THESE COMPANIES IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS TO COME!!!
THIS COMPNAY HAS ONLY BEEN WITH THE BBB SINCE AUGUST AND SEEING THAT IT IS ONLY APRIL TO GO FROM A TO F!!! IN LESS THAN 8 MONTHS IS THAT TELLING YOU SOMETHING???
Another Employee of the non law firm as with many other Lawyer based Loanmodification companies.(ONLY ONE LAWYER OF THESE COMPANY IS REGISTERED WITH THE CALIFORNIABAR) That are taking advantage of homeowners daily.LAW FIRM ALL OF THE ATTORNIES MUST BE ON RECORD,
Odd that these companies tend to keep trying to use enternal employees as the
fake homeowner who had success. When the real homeowners who get taken advantage of are simply telling the truth about thier terrible experiances they are having with these companies.
SEE THE UNITEDSTATES GIVE INDIVIDUALS THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH...FYI
THATS WHY THERE IS COMPLAINTSBOARDS!!!
RIPOFFREPORT
United Law Group has a disclaimer on their website to defend themselves from the
BBB.. This is the funniest thing we have ever seen.
They went from a A rating to a F!!! and it has the customers complaints clearly paoted on the the BBB site.
Funny as well that not only UnitedLAwgroup but so many other so called modification lawyers are springing up daily to try to take advantage of homeowners.
I believe these homeowners who have been taken advantage off. And we have legal council who will fight anyone of these companies to get your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ back and hopefully save your home...
Remember anyone who claims to be able to stop the forecloser days before your home is going to be sold. Is simply just trying to have you loose your home and have thier slimy investors buy it out from under you!!!.
Loan modifications companies that are 100% legal in the state of California will have there contract approved fromt the DRE and they are not hiding anything, !!!
FYI only 279 companies in the State of California allowed to do this LEGALLY!!!
UNITEDLAWGROUP AND ALL OF THE OTHER LAW FIRMS DOING MODIFICATIONS
SHARING THE FEES FOR SERVICE WITH NON LAWYERS ARE ALL IN VIOLATION OF THE CALIFRONIA STATE BAR!!!
AND THEY SHOULD ALL LOOSE THERE LICENENSES, , ,
AND YES THIS IS THE LAW.. AND ANY REALESTATE PERSON USING A LAWYER TO COLLECT FEES SHOULD BE STRIPPED OF THERE LICENSE AS WELL.
AND FYI WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE FEEL THE SAME WAY ON HOW THEY WERE BEING TREATED FROM THESE COMPANIES..
WHAT THESE COMPANIES HAVE FORGOTTEN IS THAT THE BANKS KEEP RECORDS
OF EVERY CONVERSATION AND EVERYDOCUMENT THAT IS SENT OVER, ,
SO IN THE CASE OF THIS POOR WOMAN AND HER FAMILY.. THE BANK HAD NO RECORDS AND WITH MANY OTHERS THAT WE HAVE COME ACROSS TIME AND TIME AGAIN...
IF YOU WANT A REAL MODIFICATION DONE OR YOU FEEL THAT YOU HAVE BEEN A VICTIM DONT BE SCARRED WE CAN HELP YOU AND IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA
WE CAN GET YOU SOMETIMES SIXTIMES WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN TAKEN FOR ..
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   100%LoanModificationGuarantee +2 Votes
THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO REAL LAWYERS WHO REALLY HELP HOMEOWNERS FROM START TO FINISH!!!
THIS IS DIRECTED TO THE ONES WHO ARE EMPLOYING
A BOILER ROOM FULL OF UNEDUCATED EXMORTGAGE VIOLATORS WHO ARE TRYING TO SCREW OVER HOMEOWNERS ONCE AGAIN!!!
READ ALL BULLET POINTS AND YOU WILL SEE THAT THE LAW CLEARLY STATES, , ,

CALL THE STATEBAR AT 800-843-9053 TO COMPLAIN AND GET THESE TYPES OF COMPANIES SHUT DOWN FOR GOOD!!!

IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONTACTED BY AN ATTORNEY BASED SO CALLED MODIFICATION LAW FIRM SUCH AS THE MANY LISTED ON THIS COMPLAINTS WEBSITE..PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING, , ,

AS PER THE CALIFORNIA BAR ASSOCIATION!!!
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS DO NOT LET THESE SO CALLED NEWBIES OF LAW TRY TO STRONG ARM YOU AT ALL., I CAN ASSURE YOU THESE ATTORNIES WILL NOT BE SUIING ANYONE!!! IF ANYTHING THEY ARE ALL GOING TO GET DISBARIED.

FYI THEY ARE ALL LIABLE TO PAY YOU BACK YOUR MONEY!!! FOR THEY ARE IN TOTAL VIOLATION OFF THE LAW!!!

THE BEST IS HOW ARE THEY ABLE TO PAY THIER EMPLOYEES WHO ARE NOT LAWYERS!!!
AGAINST THE LAW IN ANY STATE FOE AN ATTORNEY TO SHARE FEES!!! TO A NON ATTORNEY!!
PEOPLE DONT GET SCARRED USE THE LAW IN YOUR DEFENSE,

READ THE FOLLOWING AND TO ALL WHO WORK FOR THESE SO CALLED LAWFIRMS
WHO ARE SCAMMING THE HOMEOWNERS...
YOU ARE 100% LIABLE FOR THE FRAUD THAT IS BEING COMMITED AS WELL!!!

A California lawyer may not pay a referral or marketing fee to a foreclosure
consultant or other person for referring distressed homeowners to the lawyer.10

• A California lawyer may not directly or indirectly split any attorney’s fees that the
lawyer earns from a distressed homeowner client with the foreclosure consultant or any other non-lawyer.11
• A California lawyer may not aid a foreclosure consultant or anyone else in the
unauthorized practice of law. A lawyer may not form a partnership or joint venture
with a foreclosure consultant or other non-lawyer if any of the activities of the
business would involve providing legal services. A lawyer may not, under the guise
of serving as in-house counsel for a foreclosure consultancy business, perform legal
services for a distressed homeowner.12
(WOW HAVENT ALL OF YOU BEEN CONTACTED THIS WAY BY THESE COMPANIES USINF FALSE COMPANIES TO REPRESENT THEMSELVES, FIRST CLUE OF A SCAM!!)
• A California lawyer may not contact in person or by telephone a distressed
homeowner referred to the lawyer by a foreclosure consultant or someone else
unless the lawyer has a family or prior professional relationship with the
homeowner. Nor may a lawyer direct another to do so on the lawyer’s behalf. A
lawyer, however, may write to a distressed homeowner who is a prospective client.13

• A California lawyer may not without good cause file a lawsuit or motions in a
lawsuit that are simply intended to delay or impede a foreclosure sale.14
• A lawyer may not intentionally or recklessly fail to perform legal services with
competence.15
• A lawyer should be wary of accepting fees for little or no work.16
Distressed homeowners may need legal assistance.
REPORT ALL LAWYERS DOING WRONG TO 800-843-9053
WE ARE TIRED OF ALL THE COMPANIES TAKENADVANTAGE OFF HOMEOWNERS IN ALL...
BUT THERE ARE COMPANIES WHO WILL HELP YOU AND NOT TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN!!!
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   Christine +2 Votes
You know... I first have to respond to Bank Slayer. Lolissa is not being sued and you are lying, or don't have your facts straight. If you were in a position to know first hand that Lolissa and the other party is being sued, the attorney would probably tell you to not to discuss the matter. However... I know for a fact you are lying.

I am a close personal friend of Lolissa and her family. We were neighbors for 3 years where we became so close that we consider each other, and our families, part of our own family. I have now known Lolissa's family for over 8 years and can tell you that if she says it, it's golden. Lolissa is one of the purest people I have ever met. She has never met a stranger and is always quick to assume the best about someone. I have seen her bend over backwards for friends and family. And I personally have been the recipient of her unending generosity.

If there was ever a woman, or a family, that this doesn't deserve to happen to, it's this family. This is a hard working family. They have worked hard to provide a home for their children, and to live in an area where their kids will have a good education. For someone to suggest that they get a second job to avoid this is ludicrous and ignorant. This family does what it takes to pay their bills and take care of their children. Their only mistake was trusting an unscrupulous organization.

I pray that this company is brought to justice and that the word will spread about the unscrupulous dealings of United Law.

Lolissa, you keep doing what you are doing!! Thank you for doing your part to protect others from companies like this one!
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   100%LoanModificationGuarantee +1 Votes
Amen!!!
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   Yanrisse +2 Votes
Hi Lolissa and others who read this complaint board,

I am not surprise someone like Bank Slayer will say such a thing. This is how United Law Group and their staff respond back to consumers like us. See the attached link for more about UNITED LAW GROUP and how they treat their costumers.

7th of May, 2009 by   Gullable One +1 Votes
I was very close to giving this company(ULG) $1, 500.00 to work a deal with Countrywide Mortgage, to get my loan amount reduced as well as my interest rate. They were pressuring me to give them the money right away, but I don't have it right now! If I had that kind of money lying around, I wouldn't have trouble paying my mortgage! Think I dodged a bullet!
 1st of Jun, 2009 by   TP0201 0 Votes
It's discussing the way ULG responded above, "Unfortunately for Loslissa and Chipcouncil, both of those parties are now being sued by United Law Group, Inc., because they could not tell a truthful story. A word to the wise, "if you feel the need to go online and "bash, " some party, you may want to think twice before you do so to a National Law Firm that whips banks' asses for a living. These two persons are in very, very, very big trouble. You do not get to go on the net and tell lies. That's called defamation and United Law Group will sue you if you engage in this type of slimy conduct.

Have a nice day."

Obviously that was from ULG, AKA: bankslayer! Do they think they can bully us? The arrogance is horrific. Uh, slimy...really? Talk about slimy! Sean Rutledge, GET OUT OF CALIFORNIA! You obviously don’t belong here, your WAY OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT. Go back to Idaho. Quit trying to intimidate people! You are not their savior, you are worse than the predatory lenders! You have quite a staff of lawyers, John Buscho getting disciplined by the bar SO MANY TIMES and Robert Stintstrom, accused of embezzlement from his own family, you sure know how to pick them! How dare you threaten to sue people for telling the truth! ULG will ride this housing crisis to the end, making $$$ off those in need, then you will have to find a new target. Maybe homeless people, the sick and hungry...yeah, you will find your niche I'm sure.
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   Rank Stench 0 Votes
I have a hard time believing that any of you exists.
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   Nixter 0 Votes
You better believe it my friend; our home is days from being sold thanks to these idiots or thieves do not know how to call them. I am in the same position that Lolisa was not long ago. I have a family and 4 kids and they promised us a loan modification, the process took 8 months and during this time they told us not to contact the bank and not to give a payment because that would help them negotiate much quicker. We did as they instructed and now we got a sale notice from the bank, we contacted the bank and they said that our loan was denied several months ago because ULG failed to send them documents they had requested. ULG had these documents and failed to send them in. During this time they kept lying to me telling me that they were just waiting for the bank to come to an agreement. When the bank send me the letters they had sent ULG I called them and asked to give me my money back so that I could hire a lawyer and save my home. They told me that someone would get to me about a refund. It’s been 2 weeks and nobody has contacted me, I keep calling and they won’t let me speak with anyone about my refund they said that I was not a priority and that someone would call me. They will not say when they refuse to tell me when they will call me. These people that work there must not have family of their own to have the hart to be part of this scam. These people are disgusting to take advantage of people in need.
 5th of Jul, 2009 by   Elena Loucks 0 Votes
this is true. i think I am also a vectim. the united lawgroup call me, the name jenifer convincing me not to pay my mortgage, instead have a loanmodification. i trust them. I follow what they told me not to call my lendor. but I'm wondering if i call them what my status, and i want to speak the negotiator. the anwer was the procedure they have to email and within 48 hour they will call me back. I lost my job last nov. and i have two sons. my husband is not earning much. I recieved a letter from a lawyer stating that, my property is on foreclosur. I call them but no answer. what shall I do. I am 4 month behind. what shall I do?

I need my house intrack. we have no where to go. help me

Elena
 30th of Jul, 2009 by   Keilita 0 Votes
I almost fell in to this trap! Thank goodness I was able to call my bank just in time this evening before they cashed any money and the bank froze my account. After praying I felt the desire to inquire more on this company and this information was what I found. Tomorrow I will call the news because if this is all true they need to stop advertising on TV. For all those that have been taken advantage of remember that there is a God who does not like Evil.Go on a fast and recieve a miracle. Keep in mind that we live sorrounded by Evil. Even Jesus was betrayed for money!!!
I try to remember to pray before making any descision and that has truly helped me! I pray for all those that are victims May our Lord have mercy on your situation and that our lord bless you with even better homes.I also pray for the Evil doers, you see, we must pray for our enemies! I pray that all will repent and do what they know needs to be done! Refund!!!
May our Lord come soon!!!
 30th of Jul, 2009 by   100%LoanModificationGuarantee 0 Votes
call the feds on this company at once!!!
 30th of Jul, 2009 by   100%LoanModificationGuarantee 0 Votes
Atleast the California Attorney General, , ASAP!!!
916-324-5500

Brown Exposes Inner Workings of Loan Modification Boiler Room
- Sales people informed homeowners that the company successfully negotiated 10, 000 loan modifications, when in truth, only 311 were completed. Sales people informed homeowners that the company had 10, 000 confirmed and negotiated loan modifications, a 90% success rate, nationwide service and over 100 workers. According to company records, from November 2008 to July 8, 2009 a total of 2, 960 loan modification files were opened with only 311 completed.

- The company spent $70, 000 a week on radio and television advertising in 100 media markets and had plans to expand to $80, 000-$100, 000, producing an estimated $270, 000 a week in new business. The company also planned to aggressively hire additional sales staff.

- The company advertised a money back guarantee, but just before being shut down it implemented a cap on refunds, regardless of the amount due to consumers.

- Homeowners were led to believe that they were hiring a lawyer or law firm to save their homes. Sales people frequently referred to the company as "attorney-based." One sales person had a note claiming that the attorney was "the most aggressive attorney in the mortgage industry." By contrast, the receiver's report says that the business is "not a law practice."

- In the first six months of 2009, a report prepared by an outside accountant reported a net income of $4.5 million.

Last Friday, with the temporary restraining order set to expire, the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California held a hearing to consider the receiver's report and other evidence presented by the Attorney General, the Federal Trade Commission and the State of Missouri. After hearing this evidence, the court issued a preliminary injunction to keep the terms of the temporary restraining order in place.

The Court set a hearing for July 28, 2009 to consider options to assist homeowners, particularly those facing foreclosure.

Brown has been leading the fight against fraudulent loan modification companies. In addition to last week's legal action against 21 individuals and 14 companies, he has sought court orders to shut down several companies including First Gov and Foreclosure Freedom and has brought criminal charges and obtained lengthy prison sentences for deceptive loan modification consultants.

As part of today's consumer alert, Brown's office issued the following tips for homeowners to avoid becoming a victim:

DON'T pay money to people who promise to work with your lender to modify your loan. It is unlawful for foreclosure consultants to collect money before (1) they give you a written contract describing the services they promise to provide and (2) they actually perform all the services described in the contract, such as negotiating new monthly payments or a new mortgage loan. However, an advance fee may be charged by an attorney, or by a real estate broker who has submitted the advance fee agreement to the Department of Real Estate, for review.

DO call your lender yourself. Your lender wants to hear from you, and will likely be much more willing to work directly with you than with a foreclosure consultant.

DON'T ignore letters from your lender. Consider contacting your lender yourself, many lenders are willing to work with homeowners who are behind on their payments.

DON'T transfer title or sell your house to a "foreclosure rescuer." Fraudulent foreclosure consultants often promise that if homeowners transfer title, they may stay in the home as renters and buy their home back later. The foreclosure consultants claim that transfer is necessary so that someone with a better credit rating can obtain a new loan to prevent foreclosure. BEWARE! This is a common scheme so-called "rescuers" use to evict homeowners and steal all or most of the home's equity.

DON'T pay your mortgage payments to someone other than your lender or loan servicer, even if he or she promises to pass the payment on. Fraudulent foreclosure consultants often keep the money for themselves.

DON'T sign any documents without reading them first. Many homeowners think that they are signing documents for a new loan to pay off the mortgage they are behind on. Later, they discover that they actually transferred ownership to the "rescuer."

DO contact housing counselors approved by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), who may be able to help you for free. For a referral to a housing counselor near you, contact HUD at 1-800-569-4287 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339) or www.hud.gov.
If you believe you have been the victim of a mortgage-relief scam in California, please contact the Attorney General's Public Inquiry Unit at http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general.php.

A copy of the court-appointed receiver's report, submitted July 15, 2009, is attached.

FREE iPAD 3? Scams!