Union Workers Credit Services

1327 Empire Centra
Dallas, Texas
Phone: None advertised
unionworkerscreditservices.com
Second letter referring to a Pre-Approved For a Platinum Card.

Letter specifies as follows:
It's nice to inform you that you have been identified and Pre-Approved for a Platinum Card Membership from Union Workers Credit Services with a Guaranteed $10, 000.00 credit limit valid exclusively toward all credit purchases from credit provider!

You don't have to worry if you have been denied access to a Visa or MasterCard The UWCS Platinum Card Membership offers many benefits including a LOW, LOW interest rate of 5% APR all because you are Pre-Approved.

By viewing this the company is looking forward that we are stupid enough to send a check for $37.00 and when you receive their package there is no credit card as you were hoping. Only a way to purchase their products from some online store. When you go to their website and enter your approval number it makes it look like their is a web site error and everything else looks to the up and up. They are hoping you send your check so that you can be disappointed for this multi non-functional credit card.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

13th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
Glad I did some research! Here is what I did...I blacked out my name on the return form and wrote "you can pay for the postage you fraudulent bastards" and sent USPS. With the economy the way it is, be on your toes for these types of offers. This company is playing on the desperation of consumers and members of unions as well as others (I am not a member of a union) and they sent this offer to me as well. I have noticed as of late that a lot of companies are sending these types of offers because they believe if you fall into this scam you feel you will need to get something for your $37.00 so you will end up ordering an item or two of their "junk". Be aware and do your research.
 4th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
Business reply envelopes...old garage roofing material...seal with water and mail.
 20th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
I Paul L. Woods received a letter stating that I was pre-approved for a $10, 000 credit limit. All I had to do was send in a $37 money order to 1327 Empire Central Suite 130 Dallas TX 75247. They never sent the card. Please help me.
 7th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I TOO RECEIVED A PAPER CARD FROM UNION WORKERS CREDIT SERVICES, INC. TO MY SURPRISE I CANT USE IT BECAUSE I DID NOT GET THEIR CATALOG FOR 2009. THE ONLINE CATALOG IS DATED 2008 AND MOST OF THEIR PRODUCTS IS FROM THE 1970'S WHAT UP?
 8th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
WANTED A MONEYORDER FOR $37 foa 10k credit card limit
 20th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
received preapproved letter four times in mail. Heard about these scams before on tv. They take the money, send nothing, rack up big bucks, close and open somewhere else under another name to avoid legal detection. I am not a union worker, i am on disability and have very little income. heard about. Obviously I'm not a candidate for legitimate credit.
 3rd of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
FALSE ADVERTIZING...LEAD TO BELIEVE I WOULD BE RECEIVING CREDIT CARD WITH 10, 000 DOLLAR CREDIT LIMIT
PAID MEMBERSHIP FEE OF 37.00 DOLLARS
 13th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I gave them 37 dollars fee and they didnt seed me anything no cedit card no refund
 29th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
I totally agree - I took a red marker and wrote "scam" all over it and mailed it back to them! Thank you so much!
 30th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
is this for real or a scam, what should i do please help.need money but im not stupid.mark
 6th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have just recieved the same letter and no phone number is a big RED signal and or emails like Info@unionworkersservices.org... of something like that.

Watch... if it is too good to be true, it usually is...
 7th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
Credit service for 10, 000 5%apr if sent 37$ to address to receive catalog and credit card. The card was bogus a paper card stamped platimum and no catalog ( they implied you could use as a standard credit card not a catalog card. Unfortunately i should have web browsed this site so I am at lost what to do . After reading that BBB can be bought off with 45$ I'm beginning to think the crooks of this world. Been in the rats race for years the rats won...Judi
 8th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
They have taken $149.95 out of my account and i had know clue what was happening it was a pop up, but i can tell you this, if i dont get a credit card soon, you can bet your ass, i will call my lawyer i dont care how much it cost, and i will make this a big deal and show all comments that ive seen on here good or bad, if we stand together on this it wont happen too anyone else ~!!! thanks, Lisa sanders
 12th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
yeah i got a letter to...10/12/10 n i'm glad i didn't send them any money cause they would of got me thanks everybody for the 411!!!
 8th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
i sent a check for a credit card and never received it.
 24th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
Scam, Union Workers Credit Services claim I have qualify for a $10K credit limit but they way a $37 annual membership fee upfront!
 13th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I too got one of those letters, in December. Really sounded good, but as they say, 'if it sounds so good to be true, then it isn't something to deal with'. And, especially when a credit card company asks for money up front...no credit card company asks for money like that - only when you get the card and are a member and get charged a 'yearly' amount.

Soooooooooo glad I didn't respond, as it sounded so darn tempting!

Pat (San Diego, CA)
billpatholtwick@msn.com
 21st of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Got one yesterday, 1-21-11 also...With all the different scams nowadays, a smart person can ask Google about this Union Workers Credit Services. Even if it wasn't a scam I personally am not interested in obtaining a huge loan like that anyway. What I do like is the time that people have invested and shared online so that people are made aware, not fall into the trap of paying $37. To all of you who took the time to post this scam, I am very thankful. Thank you very much.
 27th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Fell 4 the scam and sent the union credit workers union the 37.00- promises of a pre-approved visa;should've known it was too good to be true w/o having given them a SS#, etc.. I can't get the $ back but hopefully enough complaints on this company will keep others from losing not only their money but their common sense too. In viewing the complaints on this scam, I see most are from over a year ago. I just received their letter a month ago and sent them the check which has long since been cashed. Can't the Department of Justice nail them for fraud and shut them down?
 4th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
Got mine yesterday 02/03/2011. ...I was delighted as I currently do not have a credit rating and really need one. I thought this was the answer.
Thanks heavens for Google and all the people who have posted about this scam. Surely something can be done about these quite obvious scam merchants???

Contact Us