Union Telecom Service

Posted:

Connection fee + wrong billing!

4.55
Union Telecom Service
15 buttonwood dr, 08816
East Brunswick, New Jersey
A telemarketing person called me stating that India calling is available at 4 cents a minute. I signed up for that. After a month I got a bill showing connection fee of 39 cents for each call. I called them and the customer service person stated that they have 2 plans: one without connection fee which is 7 cents and other with connection fee + 4 cents. After lot arguing he agreed to give a refund of $10 in next months bill. I got 2nd months bill, which showed 12 cents per minute and hefty tax of 30 %. I called them again. They were talking rubbish and I didn't waste more time with them.

Don't sign up with them.
Complaint comments Comments (225) Complaint country United States Complaint category Telecommunications

Comments

2nd of Feb, 2008 by    +2 Votes
Same thing happened with me. Now they are misusing my credit card information. I am going through lots of pain getting it resolved with credit card company and this fraud union telecom company. Never ever sign up for this service.
 2nd of Apr, 2008 by    +2 Votes
I have been faced with a very similar situation. Union Telecom Canada marketer called me and explained the company information and asked me to sign up for the company and took my credit card information saying that it was the only method of payment since the company was located in U.S.A. After signing up with the service, they charged me $41 for no apparent reason on my bill, and every time I try to contact the customer service department, the voice quality is bad, and I hear the same excuse over months period of time and they say that their system is down, and I should call the next day. Just a while ago, I called them about cancelling the service and they said the samething about the system failure, and after some strong arguments with the representative, he said have a nice day and hung up the phone. This is exactly what they do whenever you try to call them saying you want to cancel the service. I advise EVERYONE to NEVER EVER sign up for this service!
 24th of Apr, 2008 by    +1 Votes
A telemarketing person called me stating that making calls to India from USA would be cheaper at the rate of 6 CENTS a minute. I signed up for that. After a month, I got a bill showing a connection fee of 39 CENTS for each call was added onto of the 6 CENTS i signed up for. I called Union Telecom customer service person..about the 'connection fee' which was not disclosed in any document, verbally or otherwise. Since they failed to commit to any of their promises they made to me, I demanded that they Cancel the Service, but Union Telecom gave me the run around. Eventually, Cynthia Castillo ( supervisor) working for Union Telecom, tried to resolve the matter with a pay-out amount in an email..to me. Amount was paid as agreed in July 2007. We had canceled the service and paid the amount, as agreed with Cynthia Castillo. The Following month, Union Telecom persons, dipped into my account and withdrew an additional 248.24 dollars. I contacted my bank, tried to dispute the charges since they were again fraudulent. About 8 months later, they have started making harassing phone calls to me, my family at our home, on our cell phones, demanding 160 more..The person called as a representative of Union Telecom from 1800 697-9234, This person called himself, Krony ID 1069, telling me that he was calling from the Credit Bureau and said that I owed 160 dollars to Union Telecom with case number 40077126, and that Richard Anson is the attorney handling the case and If that money is not paid, it will reflect negatively on my credit report. When I called this number, the number to talk to Richard Anson, the number directed me to a Union Telecom representative, not any attorney's office. I was furious because not only did these individuals steal 248.24 out of my account, overcharged me fraudulently during my time of service with their undisclosed 'connection fees' and now were threating to destroy my credit..that I have worked hard to build; if I don't pay the ransom amount of 160.00, they would destroy everything I've worked so hard to maintain. These people should be sent to jail because If I wasn't a spiritually elevated person, I would have been dead right now of a Heart Attack!!!

PLEASE HELP ME TAKE DOWN UNION TELECOM AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK. I HAVE CONTACTED FCC AND REPORTED UNION TELECOM AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO UNTIL THE MONEY THEY STOLE FRAUDULENTLY, IS RETURNED TO ME. WE LIVE IN AMERICA AND WE ARE BEING TREATED LIKE THIRD-CLASS CITIZENS. I REFUSE TO GIVE UP, SINCE CONTACTING FCC AND THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE, BOTH COMPLAINTS HAVE BEEN FILED AGAINST UNION TELECOM..EMAIL ME FOR INFORMATION ON HOW YOU CAN DO THE SAME. I AM VERY HARD TO CONTACT EACH AND EVERY ONE ON THIS PAGE BECAUSE I TOO AM A VICTIM OF THEIR TELEMARKETING CRIME. THE FCC AND ATTORNEY GENERAL WOULD LIKE TO HELP OUR GROUP, GRANTED WE MAKE A CLAIM TOGETHER...UNDER THE BANNER, UNION TELECOM IS RAPING ME FINANCIALLY. ..HELP ME PUT A STOP TO THIS ABUSE TODAY..EMAIL ME AT ARMINPKAUR@HOTMAIL.COM
 12th of May, 2008 by    -1 Votes
Hello, I receive a call from India, and a lady sound in rush, and she gave me th erate to Pakistan $0.399 Cents per minutees, And she was asking $40.00 as asequrty deposit. I agree on it. when I rceive the bill, they are chanrging Tax, in Voice over IP. As per USA Govt Rules, there is no tax on VOIP. I tred to cancel the account bu they said it will be close in 22nd if this month. I'am trying to close since December 2007, but it took more then 5 months to close it. Please dont take the service. and don't forget to close the account of the Credit card you gave then in the begning. send the money by Money order.
This is not a good company for VOIP services,
From Gainesville, va 20155
agha9328@yahoo.com
5/12/08
Thanks for reading.
 28th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
They (Union Telecom) are bunch of liars, theives and thugs.

Do not sign with them. They are charging for those calls that you are even connected to.

I got the bill $91.23 and $70.58 for month of April and May 2008. I had not spoken to my husband and my relatives in India but I was being charged. They are totally bullshit. Why someone should pay the charges for the calls not connected to the destination numbers. The only thing happened that the destination telephone bell was ringing and nobody answred my phome. I got a lot of arguments with United Telecom and spoke to Mithultha, Neha, Tarun, Deepti, Rajbeer, Karan etc.. spoken to customer care service but the problem has not resolved for the last 2 months. It is been more than 20 times that the indian sales rep. idiots, stupids are ruining their india image in front of foreigners, canadian & americans like telling lies on the phone.

I do not understand why someone pay for the calls not even connected to destination. The telehone bell was ringing for 2 monutes or 3 minutes and they are charged me 0.49 cents or sometimes 0.59 cents which is totally unfair and illegal.

I would everybody recommend not to sign up with United Telecom. They are money stealer.

Sarika
 2nd of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have been getting a lot of calls from Union Telecom. The agents do not provide all the information and when pressed for information, they lie. I was told that there was no fee of any kind and the rate would be 3.9 cents per minute. When I asked what my charges would be for 1 minute call and a 10 minute call to India, I was told it would be 4 cents and 39 cents. This is not correct as they have a connection fee which they do not disclose. They have a 3 minute rounding instead of 1 minute rounding. Since they are cheating, that is why they ask for a security deposit. When I told them that I do not believe in security deposit as my credit is good. Then he offered a 5.9 cents per minute offer. When I asked him why would the rate be different, he could not explain. When I refused to sign up he used the four letter word.

Union Telecom is doing business by cheating people. They want people to sign up by providing false information. When I asked them to send all the information in an email, they refused, telling me that they do not have access to an email. They only provide information over the telephone. This way, acustomer can never prove the offer he was given when signing up. Obvoiusly I was smart enough to ask lots of questions and not sign up with them.

NEVER do business with this company.
 14th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
They are just a bunch of thugs and liars. The telemarketer called me and told me a weird story, which was confirmed by his supervisor, that they had few connections left from previous month for 2.9 cents per minutes to Pakistan. Of course, I signed up. I agreed to a charge/deposit of $39.50. Well, first thing, the charge was in US dollars. A week later, they charged me another $120 US dollars again. So I contacted my credit card company and had them reverse the unauthorised charge. Finally, I got a bill for over $200 (once again in US dollars) which in my mind should have been only like $60. The rate they charged me was 7.9 cents plus connection fee. The bill included some unknown charges (supposedly US taxes) which I think is an outrage because services were provided in Canada and no US taxes should be applicable. Anyway, then these goofs put another charge for the partias amount of the bill on my card in US dollars. Looks like to me they have no ethics or control over themselves and feel free to charge people's cards whenever they feel like it. I am going to dispute that charge as well until they provide me a good explanation why they are scamming people like that.
 14th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
Union Telecom is very unethical company. They are real bastards. I have more or less the same story.
In Feb 2008, I got a connection with the same 4.9 cents a min to India. They took $39.50 as deposit. Then I used it for one month and for one short call I made, I got more $14 bill. I thought wtf, called the customer service and asked them to cancel my account and refund my deposit. One lady spoke to me and then her supervisor trying to convince me to stick to the plan. They offered one with 5cents and no connection fee. After my insisting for a long time, they said they would cancel the plan and return my deposit. But they asked me to pay my bill immediately, obviously I am good and I paid. She told me it would take 45days to get deposit back. Finally, I patted myself on the back...
After 2 months I didn't get my money. I called them again. Now they are arguing that I took the plan without the connection fee they have offered me 2 months back. I asked them if they see calls that I made in the past 2 months. Ofcourse they answered no. Then I asked why the f... do you think I would have taken the offer. Then they said sorry blah, blah, blah.. and again tried to convince me to take different plan. I didn't agree, again the supervisor told me it would take 45days for the deposit to be paid back. I said whattttt? I told them seriously if I don't see my money within a week I would report to the consumer bureau.
Result: I still didn't get my money. Ofcourse I did not complain yet. But I am willing to asap, need to do a little research on how to do this so that the union telecom gets screwed.
I am thinking the most efficient way is to write the reviews wherever we can so that nobody becomes customer of that company of bastards.
 20th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
My credit card showin deduction of the

UNION TELECOM 212-4470217 NY $112.41

I never made a single call using telecom services, i also paid from my credit card last month.

Please send this money back to me.

Kashif Atta
Res: 416 233 1782
cell: 647 403 8172
Apt# 1206, 25 Mabelle Ave
Toronto ON M9A4Y1
 23rd of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
These assholes talked all nice on the phone and said their call center was in Pakistan. They claimed to offer cheap rates so I (stupidly) signed up. Turns out they charged me 3 times what I had originally indicated, 40 dollars times 3. I immediately changed my credit card, and filed a report with the Miami Beach police, where they are located.

Indications for why you shouldn't trust these people:

1) No address listed in their contact information
2) They are totally unknown despite their flashy website
3) The people on the phone do not talk honestly--also, they are a a telephone service provider with horrible connections. One guy even called me through a computer connection. Would you trust a dentist with bad teeth?

Please avoid these people.
 23rd of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
Here's what a whois? lookup returned for the website address holder, probably another fake address:

jose.rivas@uniontelecomusa.com
Telecom, Union
222 E 34St
New York, NY 10016
US
 26th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am also a victim of Union Telecom. They did the same thing to me. When I went ahead and cancelled the service. They are refusing to give me the refund. When you call back, the customer service representatives are rude. They say there is no supervisor on the floor. Somebody would call u back. Nobody calls back. They are rude and hang up on you saying you are not a customer anymore. I am so fed up. This is causing me harassment. Can somebody advise me whom do I complain to? Can we all get together and tackle this company who is cheating North Americans? Is somebody listening?
 26th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
They give us wronge bill and than they don't even talk to us. they told me to give my deposite in 3 day's but they didn't send me any money.
 29th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
Please put complain in http://www.ftc.gov
 30th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
First week of July 2008 I got a call typical telemarketing lady calling me saying about 3 cents per minute calls to India. Initially I did not find anything wrong. Then she passed on the call to her manager. Again so called manager told me that no extra charges and so and so please confirm with account dept. Then 3rd person came on line and took all billing details. Then told me it is 3 minutes rounding (which was never told to me before) then also told me about additional 39 cents to each call (which was never told to me before). He told me all this after taking credit card and home address info. Then he said do you understand. Fortunately I understood and I told them to cancel everything they have recorded so far in the call. After that started my night mare. More than ten calls in less than two days from the same company with threating calls to me also to my wife to misuse my credit card. etc etc. A person so called Rahul (may not be real name) calling me to give confirmation number of order for which I never confirmed the order. Immediately I called my bank to cancel the credit card. Fortunately no money charged and no misuse of card till that time. Govt should take action against this type of company, I can stand as witness and provide my phone records.
 10th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Yes, I strongly agree with this complaint. They charged my credit card for which I never used their service. when I told them that I never called India and number that you have in my bill is not mine. They had some other phone line in 'from' and 'to' phone numbers. I never subcribed any other phone number. THEY ARE RIP OFF.
Union telecom is realy fraud company
 12th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
i agree with all of the above complains but can sombody tell me where to call for there complain in usa or in canada thanks or cant we all press charge them or atleast tell the media about it ?let me know plz my email is mary_9211@hotmail.com
 13th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

Union Telecom - Company is fraudulent
union telecom
Surrey
British Columbia
Canada
Phone: 604-598-1958

i have been charged for the calls i never made.
somebody has been making calls to Egypt, France, nigeria, kuwait, iran, saudi-arabia, iraq.
this company is charging me again and again, instead of refunding me.
 20th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Union Telecom is a big time FRAUD company. they said they will give me 3.9 cents flat to all the destinations, and said there was no connection fee with it. I was also not informed about the security advance that they charge.
They deducted $40 from my credit card, I received a huge bill from them for the few calls that I made, witha connection charge of 55 cents, and now i want to cencel my service, no body picks up the phone. I am planning to sue them up if it does not get resolved in the next one week...
can somebody give me their direct no.. i really wanna blast them, , ,

PLEASE DO NOT GO FOR UNION TELECOM (UT).. They are reckless Frauds !!
 24th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have gone through the same stuff. I m thinking the only way is to rip them off the same way. Cancel your credit card. Use their service as much as possible for the last month and dont pay them. Change your phone number if possible after one month of cancelling your crdit card so tht they cant call u. If everyone does it atleast they will not make profit or go bankrupt. Also lodge complaints to BBB business bureau so tht their rating is the worst.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree