logo

Topix.com
Topix.com Commits fraud!
2. (6 mins ago)
Texas Road House
Horrible service/ poop fly in my food
3. (11 mins ago)
White Label Dating
Fake account
4. (50 mins ago)
Match.com
Unauthorized charge and debit from my credit card
5. (52 mins ago)
BMW Automobile Company UK
Fake lottery winning ...

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Ultimate DVD Shop Complaints & Reviews - Ultimate Dvd Shop ripped me off!

Ultimate DVD Shop Contacts & Informations

Ultimate DVD Shop

Posted:    Valerie

Ultimate Dvd Shop ripped me off!

www.ultimatedvdshop.com
I found this company on the internet ultimatedvdshop.com and I ordered a Bob Newhart Dvd Set. I was told I would receive an email confirming my order which I never received. I ordered the dvd's on October 16th, 2007 and was told Id receive them within 12-14 business days. It is now November 1st, 2007 and I still have not received them. I tried calling the company and every time I got a recording saying that no one is available to take my call and to leave a message, that someone would get back to me.

I also tried contacting the Live chat support on their website and I received a failed delivery in my email stating that the contact was not available. Unfortunately at this time I am unable to get my money back, and I am not sure that I will be able to, but I do not want the same thing to happen to other people. Thank you for ur time and good luck to whomever is in this same situation.
Comments United States DVD Order & Rental
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Nov, 2007 by   Janet Jones 0 Votes
I also placed an order in October and have yet to receive my dvd's. I have contacted customer service numerous times and they make promises that never happen. My credit card was also charged an additional fee that was not on my initial order.
 21st of Nov, 2007 by   lee d stallworth 0 Votes
I ordered the full season set of the Original X-men series on DVD and I still didn't receive my order. It's been Three weeks and nothing. I cant believe that they would actually do something like this to people. That gift was for my son and now he wont receive his gift. When I tried to check my order status I get a recording. Some one needs to do something about this. I was also charged a extra fee that wasn't on my order.
 23rd of Nov, 2007 by   lee gum 0 Votes
I had almost exactly, the same problems as the others above. I have never gotten my DVD's of the Route 66 shows and the price was close to $100.00, including shipping. Really , really crooks here. I found them on Amazon, and they haven't been any help either. Be careful.
 4th of Dec, 2007 by   Julie Kopcak 0 Votes
I ordered a set of Scrubs DVDs...my order came to $118. This was over one month ago and I have not yet received my DVDs. I contacted the live chat a few weeks ago to check on the status and was told my order shipped on November 9th, 2007, and should be arriving any day. Now it's December 4th and I still have no DVDs. I've left several messages on their voice mail, but have heard nothing in return. I'm devastated that I've lost $118 to these thieves. I'm not sure how, but the website needs to be taken down, they are stealing from people! I've called and had the credit card I used closed b/c I was worried that since they have the number, they might try to steal even more money. I will continue to try to fight this, and I encourage everyone else affected by this to fight as well.
 8th of Dec, 2007 by   Anthony DePhillip 0 Votes
100 percent correct. I made an order that coasted $143. I have received no confirmation e-mails, The number they provide you is a fake. It is just recording that leads you no where. They have not returned any of my e-mails that I have sent. Ultimate DVD Shop is a complete scam and ripped me off for $ 143. I highly doubt I will ever se that $ again. DO NOT USE ULTIMATE DVD SHOP. They are thief's... So much for Internet security.
 14th of Dec, 2007 by   Wanda Graves 0 Votes
I too have been scammed by these people. They say they will return your calls but they don't. They say your order has been shipped, but it hasn't. They even give you a fake tracking number from somewhere in Canada but trying finding your tracking number. It won't be there. If you try to contact them via live chat, they just disconnect you, either that or just plain lie. i hope we can find a way for us to get our money back. My original purchase was 88.99 but the charge to my bank account was 118.00. still no product. please, please, please do NOT buy from these people, or rather artists! scam, that is
 16th of Dec, 2007 by   CARLA K. 0 Votes
I purchased mcmillan and wife dvd, the complete serie. I spent $80.00 nov. 13,2007 until today dec. 16, 2007 nothing. I called the company many, many times and nobody did return my calls. Sent e-mails and nothing. Please do not buy from this people. They will rip you off. They shoul be in jail!
 18th of Dec, 2007 by   E carpenter 0 Votes
I agree with all of the complaints. Havent got any DVD's yet ( which now I dont want if they are not going to work or be missing sets), not answering emails, phone calls, giving bogus tracking ##, talked to one person, Sophia (im sure not her real name, sounded Asian) , she did a good run around on me and to think I said Thank you when I was done talking to her. Going to the bank now to try and get my money back on my CC, cancel the card and see what other actions i can take. I am usually very observant, and careful, actually I thought this site was "better" than the other one i looked at. Shame on me for not investigating, but they had what my SIL really wanted. Do not deal with ultimate dvd shop, or TV series. What a rip off.
 18th of Dec, 2007 by   Sharon Haire 0 Votes
I ordered a set of DVDs for my husband for Christmas. I was so excited to find this set that he really wanted. Well, you guessed it -- I got scammed! Now I'm going to have to run around and try to find him something else. If there is a class action suit against this company, please put my name on the list! I will definitely sue these people if I get a chance.
 19th of Dec, 2007 by   Allen Skora 0 Votes
I ordered that Malcolm in the Middle DVD set for Christmas. I have gotten no email, can't get ahold of any sales rep, or have gotten a tracking number. I think it's time to call the BBB.
 21st of Dec, 2007 by   Nathan Bassett 0 Votes
THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO! I WAS GOING TO ORDER THE MAUDE DVD SET BUT I WILL NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM!
 22nd of Dec, 2007 by   Gilles Michaud 0 Votes
Me too, I've been looking for the Johnny Cash Show on DVD, and they are the only ones who seem to have it; I emailed them twice for information and when I saw they were not responding, I googled ultimatedvdshop to find this series of complaints. I've ordered many things on the web before without any problems. I don't understand how come the authorities are not turning the lights out on these scammers. I'm disappointed that I can't find what I'm looking for, but I am grateful to the people who took the time to file complaints that have saved me losses & aggravations. From now on when I find a new supplier on the web, I will google their name FIRST, before buying anything, which is something that everyone should be doing.

I thank all of those who do take the time to write to tell the community about scammers.
 26th of Dec, 2007 by   Sharon Haire 0 Votes
To all who have ordered from this site. I FINALLY got my DVDs. They are VERY POOR quality. Do NOT order from Ultimate DVD Shop. Their return address on the envelope my DVDs came in is 1920 Broad Rd. #13547, Regina, Saskatchewan, S4P 3V2 if anyone wants to locate them. If anyone is starting a class action suit against them, I want to be involved.
 26th of Dec, 2007 by   Sharon Haire 0 Votes
There was a card in my package that says "if you have any problems with your package please do not hesitate to contact us at orders@dvdavenue.tv or call us at 1-877-7-TV-SHOW. Maybe if EVERYBODY send them an e-mail something would be done. Probably not, but it's worth a try!
 26th of Dec, 2007 by   John Thompson 0 Votes
I ordered from ultimatedvd shop on Dec 3, 2007. F"ollowing Christmas yesterday, I decided to check on the order I had not yet receive. This is when I began to see all these negative comments and thought for sure I was to have the fun of filing complaint and disputing the charge on my plastic. I too found that the phone number "puts you off" with a recorded message. Did not yet try the e-address. Then my door bell rang. It was the mailman with an insured package which I had to sign for. It was the item I had ordered, in excellent shape. Although it took longer than the 12-14 days they suggested, I did receive the item. And, because it came out of Saskatchewan, I better understand the delay in arrival. So, I do hope this is the same problem for others and the mailman will knock soon.
 2nd of Jan, 2008 by   kyle connors 0 Votes
i never recieved any confirmation number nor did the dvds come in on they date they promised but when they came in i got blank dvds for the whole season
 16th of Jan, 2008 by   Brandon Boyd 0 Votes
I placed an order with them for the Boy Meets World set just a few weeks ago. I was just noticing my order was late so i went looking online and stumbled across this complaint board. Oh how i wish i had found this site a month ago, looks like it would have saved me about 100 bucks or so. I'm slightly encouraged by Mr Thompson ( two comments up^) saying he did receive his product. I just don't see the odds of one person out of 16 on this board havind a positive experince with this seller. No offense Mr. Thompson, i'm just saying this "company" seems to have made a fake site, fake number, and fake tracking numbers... maybe they've planted a fake comment to give people like myself false hope and slow their descision to take whatever legal action that they can. So i hope my story ends like yours Mr. Thompson, in which case i will be right back to this board to apolgize to you and amend my declarations. Until this happens i beg any and everyone to save your money and stay away from ultimatedvdshop.
 16th of Jan, 2008 by   Philip Martin 0 Votes
I read the other complaints and mine is the same. Out 100 dollars and no dvd's . Does mail fraud apply here since they charge postage?
 29th of Jan, 2008 by   Cynthia Wilson 0 Votes
I placed an order around the 15th of December. I even received an order number and a tracking number. No dvd's though. I have tried calling, emailing and finally tried the live chat and I talked to two people and was put off. Also, I was charged more than I had agreed to pay. My daughter is an attorney and she is looking into what can be done about this, if anything. She is the one who sent me this complaint board information.
 7th of Feb, 2008 by   HEATHER 0 Votes
I HAVE ALSO PLACED AN ORDER WITH ULTIMATE DVD I PLACED IT ON DECEMBER 22, 2007 AND IT IS NOW FEBRUARY 7, 2008. THEY TOOK THE MONEY FROM MY ACCOUT RIGHT AWAY AND I KEEP GETTING THE SAME REPEATING E-MAIL THAT ITS ON BACK ORDER. THEIR NUMBER KEEPS SENDING ME TO A RECORDING THAT THE PHONE IS TEMPORARLY BUSY TO CALL BACK IN A FEW HOURS. THIS IS A COMPLETE SCAM AND I ADVISE ANYONE TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. I WISH I WOULD HAVE KNOW ABOUT THIS SITE PRIOR TO MY PURCHASE

How to Get the Best Possible Tax Return this Year