logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Melissa Brault
Sent deposit, story keeps changing
2. (23 mins ago)
Newegg.com
RMA return Fraud
3. (44 mins ago)
No No Hair Removal
unauthorized use of credit card
4. (54 mins ago)
bill

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

UK & North America Consumer Promotion Draw, Edmonds, Washington Complaints & Reviews - Re: Prize Winning Payout

UK & North America Consumer Promotion Draw Contacts & Informations

UK & North America Consumer Promotion Draw

Posted:    Fife C & J

Re: Prize Winning Payout

President's Choice Financial
Edmonds, Washington
Received a letter and check re winning the UK & North Ameria Consumer Promotion Draw. Included a realistic check drawn on Chase (JPMorgan Chase Bank N.A.) for $3, 690, check #7690, routing # 044000037 and account # 758661318. Requests that we contact JOhn Williams at 1-905-781-3893 M-F 8-6p EST for instructions. Indicates a wire trans would need to be done to Sharon Frot, 332 5th Ave, Manchester, UK in the amount of $2800 to cover insurance costs.
Comments United States Sweepstakes
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More UK & North America Consumer Promotion Draw complaints
UK & North America Consumer Promotion Draw - SCAM

Comments

9th of Nov, 2009 by   RJNewell -1 Votes
You are right, I got one for $3, 999.00. Would you like to have mine?
 9th of Nov, 2009 by   RJNewell -1 Votes
I agree with you about the check, I got one for $3, 99900, would you like to have this one?
 20th of Nov, 2009 by   easymail2million 0 Votes
I got one for $4800, one today for $3600, and my phone has been ringing off the hook from two different sources
wanting $499 for shipping to deliver 1.5 million to my home, and $950, 000 all this in one weeks time.
Thats what I get for buying money making opps, and getting on those mailing lists. AWAYS DO A SEARCH
online for fraud.
 27th of Apr, 2010 by   gottaluvjunkmail 0 Votes
Received a letter and check re: Prize Winning Payout. Included a check in the amount of $3, 920.00 check #042069. Requesting we contact Jeff Reed or Rita Hill at 905-598-4285 Mond -Fri on how to claim the winnings.. BIG SCAM. BEWARE!!!
 4th of Jun, 2010 by   becky luz 0 Votes
I received a letter and a check for $3, 920 today 6/4/10. It also requested that I contact Rita Hill at a different number than the one previously mentioned by "gottaluvjunkmail". The number given to me is 1-647-928-7012. I got onto the computer and googled ""UK & NORTH AMERICA CONSUMER PROMOTION DRAW SWEEPSTAKE" and led me to this sight. Thank heavens for the world wide web site. The check looks real but I was not about to give anyone any money whatsoever. If I am the one who is the winner, then they need to pay me and not the other way around. I knew it was too good to be true. If it's too good to be true, then do your research. Don't fall into the hands of these scam artists and become another one of their easy victims.
 9th of Jun, 2010 by   dunstar 0 Votes
yes, I just got a check today, I always check online for scams. Especially since I haven't entered any contests so how could I win one? but I have to hand it to them, the check does look very real. I have to admit I was tempted to try to cash it but I wouldn't ever send them thousands of dollars to receive my "prize".
 19th of Jun, 2010 by   pissedoff** 0 Votes
I got a letter and a check for 3750.00 that looked real so I deposited the check into my bank account, but being skeptical about it, I did a search online about the draw and it led me to this website. I figured it was to good to be true. They said I won 50, 000.00 dollars and I had to send 2920.00 to a Margaret Jones to insure the certified check for 50, 000. There should be some way to expose these scam artists for what they are. The economy is tough enough without people like these setting people like us up for dissappointment and/or worse.
 29th of Jul, 2010 by   Benson Klemme +1 Votes
I received a check today for $879 and they wanted me to pay $840 for international tax clearance. Hm sounds legit already but I then called up my "claims Agent" Andrew Raymond as he stated in the letter his office number was available from Monday to Saturday. Since no hours were given I called at 10pm and he answered. I asked him to clarify his promotion and the name of his company. After mumbling the company "Philip Morris international Inc." 2 times he hung up on me. I'll assume it was just a bad connection. Did I mention that it seems he woke from a deep sleep?! NICE, Mr businessman! ;)
 2nd of Aug, 2010 by   TXHillCountry 0 Votes
I received a letter with this title stating I won $15, 000.00 but have to send them $840.00 after I deposit their check of $879.00 to Tax Officer William Davis 54 Richmond Hill Bradford, BD7 1DL, West Yorkshire, England. I am also supposed to call Mr. Andrew Raymond at 866-510-8657 with the claim number (AFS/11500369/25). What a crock of %$#@.
 10th of Aug, 2010 by   Tre/East Texas 0 Votes
I too received a check yesterday for $879 and they also wanted me to pay $840 for the tax clearance..My husband was going to deposit the check but he never intended to send them the money, , But I refused to let him do anything with the check even if he wished to find out whether it was legit I didn't care if it was because it had scam written all over it, , But me being the smart person I am I called the Better Business Bureau which they informed me it was a scam & I also called the supposed claims agent Mr.Andrew Raymond just to see who was on the other end of this scam, First of all the phone rang twice and I could tell by the ring it was fake because it was a short ring trying to make it a legit business, , There was no automated directory board at all which most businesses have and there was no wait time, , lol so I definitely knew and when he answered himself after only 2 rings I definitely knew it was a scam, , When he answered he said Hello now what business man says hello & doesn't introduce his company or himself I mean that is what assistants are for, , you don't answer your own phone within a company and say Hello, , so I asked him is this Andrew Raymond because he certainly wasn't going to introduce himself & I think he forgot his own name because he hesitated then said oh yes yes it is..I said well hello he said hello I said well Hello Mr.Andrew Raymond which he then replied well hello I said or should I say Hello Mr.Con Artist yes you scammer I'm not a stupid American & he hung up immediately, , Now if he was legit he would have asked for an explanation but he was so busted and knew it, , He had a thick accent sounded like he was from Pakistan or somewhere like that I thought wow he sounds like he hasn't been in America long at all but yet his name is Andrew Raymond I would have at least pegged him to be a Kashif or Ahmad, , but not an Andrew so that was a dead give away, , but if you get a letter with his name on it saying that you have won $18, 000 in a drawing with a list of stores that may have chosen your receipt number and they want you to cash an $879 check and send it to this supposed tax agent in England then don't do it, , it's a scam!!! Glad I was smart about it I see too much on my local news to know how gullible Americans can be and that is why we are the target for such scams, , , Google people Google, , we have the best resources out here to investigate these things but some see $$$$ signs and look past the rest!!!
 14th of Aug, 2010 by   Lfontenot 0 Votes
My brother and sister in law just called, they just received the same winning check as the person above for $879.00 to cover the taxes on their $15, 000.00 check to be delivered by FedEx on Tuesday. Of course, they called the number as instructed on the winning notification letter and also spoke with Mr. very strong middle eastern accent, Andrew Raymond. In all their excitement, they called me, to spread the news of their good fortune. They felt it was the real deal since it seemed to be co-sponsored by Sears and Home Depot. I asked for the website information so I could look up the contest and Andrew Raymond. When they told me there wasn't a website on the paperwork, I knew it was a scam. Everyone has a website these days. So I googled the information only to find out Mr. Raymond is a busy, busy man. I instantly called my in laws back to inform them of the scam. I can only imagine how much Mr. Raymond has made off of all the people who cash these checks and send in their tax money. Call the BBB and DONT CASH THE CHECKS!!!
 18th of Aug, 2010 by   Austin LO 0 Votes
My elderly Mom got the same check for $ 985.18 and the happy news announcing her winning of $9, 851, if she would only call Charlie Williams with her claim ticket. She too, was impressed with the support of Sears, Home Depot, and Safeway. I found this website which was proof enought for me (but not my MOM) For the opportunity for her to learn from this, I called "Charlie" who had a very thick foreign accent which I could barely understand. He did not like my probing questions. I eventually told him that I was recording the call, to which he replied "who do you want me to say hello to?" and finally he told me "be sure and give a copy to CNN" with that he hung up on me.
 27th of Aug, 2010 by   ESW 0 Votes
so what happens when y0u deposit or try to cash the check? The check looks real.
 30th of Aug, 2010 by   jmechele +1 Votes
We had the same thing happen to us, but with different people. they sent a $997.00 check to us. we cashed it at our local grocery store. a few days later, he calls and tells us that the check was no good. now he wants all his money now. we don't have any of it left, (paying bills to catch up is where it went). we told him we could pay so much a month. ( we are disabled and cannot work) he says he will not do that. it is a shame those people would do this to us american's that are having a hard time as it is.
 7th of Oct, 2010 by   EJNellie 0 Votes
We must be on the Scam Sucker List because both me and my hubby have received checks recently. Thank goodness for sites like these where you can check things out. We could have used the money but nothing good ever comes from fake things like these scams.
 8th of Oct, 2010 by   little 123 +1 Votes
I JUST RECIEVED TODAY (10-08-2010) the same check in the mail i was so excited. not really concerned about the $75, 000 they said i had won . all i could think about is the check i had in my hand for $3741.00. not thinking this is a scam, because the check looked so real . i had already started making plans of how i was going to spend the money. being married to the kind of man, i am married to, (very sceptical) saved me on this one. he told me the check looks real, but don't do anythong until you check it out. so wanting to prove that it was real . i i googled UK& North American Consumer Promotion Draw, and there it was big as day. A SCAM. anything that sounds to good to be true;please believe it probably is. MAD ABOUT IT.
 14th of Oct, 2010 by   anth16 0 Votes
I called the number late in the morning and they said the agent was in a meeting. Then I called in the late afternoon and they still said he was in a meeting. I didn't deposit the check which is good.
 4th of Nov, 2010 by   Harwas57 0 Votes
I received a letter, and check for $990.00 from the Global Sweepstakes Services 45 Montgomery Street, Suite 3340 San Francisco, CA 94104. The letter congratulated me for winning the "North America Consumer Promotion Draw" organized for all customers of Wal-Mart, Sears, Home Depot, Safeway, Stop & Shop, K-Mart, Best Buy, JC Penny, etc... The letter goes on to say I am entitled to the sum of US $5, 100.00 payable to me by certified check, to be delivered by FedEx of UPS) I was not about to cash this check... I've watch too many Judge Judy episodes about check scams like this to do something that stupid. Who couldn't use the money though! but anyone with common sense should know nothing is totally free. Of course the check looks legitimate. It even includes all of the security markings, and when it is zeroxed, it even says "void" on the copy.
 5th of Nov, 2010 by   Rae59 0 Votes
Got my fake check and letter today. I immediately smelled something rotten. good old Google brought me here and told me what I suspected. SCAM! So what should we do with these fraudulent letters and checks? I mean obviously if anyone put these checks in their bank and then sent money to the people in the letter they would be out whatever amount they sent since the check they sent is no good.
 10th of Nov, 2010 by   chris24 0 Votes
changing names and phone #'s now...10/30/10 my wife received a letter with a check $3, 782.00(to cover NON-RESIDENCE FEES) we did not deposit this check. thank god for the web! now the scam goes: contact Mr. Anthony King 1-647-829-6578. the address is to an abandoned address 579 8th ave., new york, new york, 10036( i googled mapped it). in the letter it states we have been approved for a lump sum of $73, 000.00(SIXTHY THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS) ...yes that is how it is written.C'MON MAN ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

XDATING.COM ONLINE DATING REVEALED