logo

Supra Cleanse 350
Company charged me for $99.99 without my notice
3. (20 mins ago)
Optimal Hosting Ltd
They didn’t create the website and no refund was provided
4. (30 mins ago)

Posted:    H. Dindi

Fadulent Company

Originalugg.com
Wilmington, Delaware
Ordered UGG Boots online, paid via PayPal. Boots never showed up. Started a complaint to recover the money. PayPal gave 10 days to the crook seller which allowed them to take all their funds away from their PayPal account. I warned PayPal about this to no avail. The sleazy company shut down their web site and I received the following from PayPal at the end of 10 days:

"After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed."

I am now convinced that PayPal is great protection for the seller and a terrible deal for the buyer... They allow fradulent sellers to get away with murder. I will never use PayPal for any of my purchases... My credit card would have provided a much better protection...
Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Nov, 2008 by   meg 0 Votes
Paypal is a joke. I recently purchased a pair of UGGs on eBay, from a seller in China. I paid about $100, which is just slightly under what the style costs on other sites. (so I assumed they were ok) However, when I received them, they were without a doubt FAKE. I tried emailing the seller, and got no response. I filed a claim with Paypal to recover my money. Paypal told me that I have to return the boots back to seller by paying for shipping and tracking confirmation out of my own pocket, which is about $50. What a joke. Thanks Paypal...way to protect the buyer! I am sending the boots out on Monday to at least get some of my money back, but it wouldn't suprise me if I end up loosing it all. IT really is a joke, you make a purchase, pay in a timely manner, the seller lies about the item, and still gets to keep the money. BUYER BEWARE...DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING BRAND NAME FROM EBAY, ESPECIALLY SELLERS FROM CHINA!!!
 12th of Nov, 2009 by   hatechinesescams 0 Votes
PayPal doesn't protect the buyer at all. I went through the exact same thing - the site had fake logos & seals of authenticity and claimed to ship out of the US and that if I wasn't satisfied with the boots I could return them for a full refund. When I saw that the money I sent through PayPal went to China I knew it was a scam. Sure enough, the boots are a horrible excuse for footwear. PayPal claims that I didn't have buyer protection so they won't do anything. The Chinese company has since deleted their site and "resolved" the PayPal dispute by saying they only cover shipping concerns and if I don't like the item, they can't help that. I lost $100 and the entire site was a complete scam - it looked totally real but everything on there, from the item's location to the return policy to the pictures of the items was a scam.

Don't use PayPal and don't buy UGGs online.
 14th of Dec, 2009 by   lala22556 0 Votes
Instead of being cheapskates and trying to get something for 20$ cheaper, why don't you just go to a reputable site like Dillard's or Nordstrom's?

You get what you pay for, DUH. I dont feel bad for ANY of you that got jipped. Uggs are NOT a ripoff. They are genuine sheepskin shearling. Genuine sheepskin shearling is NOT cheap. They are actually a good deal for what they are.

Either buy the knockoffs that you know are fake or pony up the money for real ones. What makes you people think you can get some special deal that no one else can? They cost the same no matter where you go, if they're real.
 21st of Mar, 2010 by   Mad about Uggs 0 Votes
I ordered Uggs online through a company called Ugg Sale www.ugg-sale.us.
When I received my product the size was wrong and the quality was unacceptable.
After e-mailing back and forth for about two weeks they finally said they wouldn't exchange or refund my money. Stay away from this company. I do believe their product is counterfeit.
 23rd of Jan, 2011 by   jenny webb 0 Votes
Has anyone ordered from diggugg.com? I just did believing that it was from the US and now after research I think I got ripped off.
 23rd of Jan, 2011 by   jenny webb 0 Votes
Lala, most of us obviously didnt order from China knowingly. Many of these sights look very authentic, just like the official site. I was unaware that so many counterfeit sites were out there. You can buy NIKEs from alot more than just one website, right? I paid over 200 for mine because the official site was out of stock.
 5th of Dec, 2012 by   spyfarm 0 Votes
Here's another BOGUS UGG website using the same PayPal scheme: shoesugg.com UGG Australia has so much of a problem with scams they have a place to check on their website to see if the retailer is legitimate: http://counterfeit.uggaustralia.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-UGG-COUNTERFEIT-Site/default/Counterfeit-Show?caid=what-is-counterfeit

I have previously been involved with another online fraud involving PayPal - The buyer looses, even if the time you expend fighting the fraud is not important. People who make these scams are fully aware of laws, exploit PayPal weaknesses and as you have seen develop very sophisticated websites. Like said above, if it is too good to be true - somebody is waiting to prey on you.
 18th of Dec, 2012 by   wayhey21 0 Votes
I just bought uggs on shoesugg.com. I bought them for my wife through an email link and thought it was the real site. I just opened them in the mail and they are obviously fake! I paid $100 for fake uggs! I emailed the website but I'm sure I'm screwed. Another lesson learned the hard way.
 16th of Dec, 2013 by   Paula lane 0 Votes
Is sheepskinlock.com the real deal or an uggs scam?They claim to be authentic.HELP!!!
 18th of Jan, 2014 by   Kishaleann 0 Votes
I ordered a pair for Christmas got them 2 weeks later aunthentic and all sucks so many people are having trouble with that site

Forensic Loan Audit Reveals Potential Mortgage Fraud