logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Gigats.com
Hijacked during online job application
2. (15 mins ago)
CHANNEL 7
Bruce mcavaney needs to go
3. (21 mins ago)
Chennai Govt. MTC buses - (formerly PTC)
Crowded buses & worst roads
False reveiws

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

UEI, Chula Vista, California Complaints & Reviews - I highly do NOT recommend this school!

UEI Contacts & Informations

UEI

Posted: 2011-06-27 by    rachelamandac

I highly do NOT recommend this school!

United Education Institute
Chula Vista, California
I attended UEI in 2009 and graduated in the dental assisting program in honors and great grades. I was one of those people who did not want to believe what other people had to say about this school (I wish I did). I thought I was different because I am a very driven person. After graduating in December 2009 about a couple of months later I haven't heard from UEI's Career Services and no call backs from about 20+ different dental offices I had applied to myself with no help what so ever from UEI. I was completely shocked to learn that the career services people from UEI got their "job leads" from craigslist and monster.com! I feel like I was manipulated to join this school by their administration because they know what we are getting ourselves into but its all about the money which is exactly what they are all about! I had written a letter to several people including UEI about my situation not only for my self but for the other people who attended with me as well who still do not have jobs in the dental field 2 years later. I had said in my letter all my frustrations with this school and how they do not do as they say, mostly promising to help you find a job, and that I wanted my loan and my certificates taken away. I had stated a lot of mishaps that happened while I was attending, i.e. books were 4 months into the program late, not properly taught on certain things but still passed the modules and more. About 2-3 months later I received a phone call from UEI compliance in regards to my letter. They said that they could only do so much for each student and there was nothing they could do! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! I am paying $14, 000 to get this "career" that you had made such a big deal about when I was signing up! I hear more from my loan carrier then I ever did from UEI! About a month later I received another call from UEI saying how much they wanted to help me, there's no way I can get the loan taken off, there's no evidence to show your books were late blah blah blah. I was very polite on the phone (i am not a rude person) and I had said that why should I get help now when you should have done it in the first place but I accepted the help and she said that I should be getting a call from career services in the next couple of days. NOW, here's the part that gets me. That phone call was about 2+ months ago and I have not received one phone call (f.y.i. I still have the same phone number and address so there's no loss in communication). I have proven my point. I am paying a lot of money for this education and I work in retail to pay for this loan that I have nothing to show for. I am debating whether I should call UEI compliance again, or just getting a lawyer and seeing what I can do about this situation. This is not right! It is a scam! Those who are attending UEI I highly suggest to quit now! Those who have graduated with no job to show for I am truly sorry and i know how you feel. I am writing this to help people who are thinking about joining UEI (I hope this helps) and also if anyone has any advice on how I can better my situation with trying to get this loan taken away please email me at rachelamandac@gmail.com.
Comments United States Education
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Feb, 2012 by   sussanna +1 Votes
i wish i read it 7 months ago im almost graduating and everything u said ur right
 6th of May, 2012 by   woah-man +1 Votes
i wish i read this a while ago too, i got in without a diploma or G.E.D ( what college lets you in without those?) and there's these 2 idiots in my class, who always goof off and never do what they are supposed to, but yet they are still making straight A's?? no way...i make straight A's and half the time i don't really know why, but I'm already stuck paying the school loans so they still get 16, 650 if I'm there or not, i wish i never even went there, if feels like a huge waste of time.
 6th of Oct, 2012 by   Rayea Lang 0 Votes
PLEASE EVERYONE, PLEASE FILE A COMPLAIN AGAINST UEI SAN DIEGO, OR WHEREVER YOU GOT RIPPED OFF, FILE WITH http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/about.shtm. IF WE ALL FILE, THEY MIGHT JUST CLOSE THAT DAMM SCHOOL DOWN. THEY CAN NOT GET AWAY WITH THERE LIES, THEY DISTROED A LOT OF PEOPLE.

Credit Report Ripoff?