UAC/CarHop

Posted:

What warranty?

UAC/Carhop
Iowa
I have an update for my vehicle that has been giving me problems since I bought it from carhop. My vehicle, which I bought (June 2011) from CarHop in Des Moines, Iowa now has severe internal engine problems. UAC's warranty covers the internal parts of the engine and transmission. My vehicle is still under UAC's warranty. Last week (12th of October 2011) I noticed that the a slight clicking sound had been coming from the engine area, I checked all fluids. All fluids were and are at manufacturer's capacities. The click soon was getting louder and soon turned into a very loud and pronounced clanking noise from inside the engine and would increase as engine rpm's increased. I called the warranty department to ask where I could take my vehicle. I finally was allowed to take the vehicle to the approved shop (13th of October 2011). I did not hear anything from UAC for a full week after dropping my vehicle off. Living in a small community has it's advantages, and by the time I called them (UAC) I was well informed by the mechanic about what was going on. The mechanic informed me that he fears that the piston sleeves are possibly cracked or that a rod had been thrown; and that he would not drive it, he told me that UAC's service manager refused to acknowledge the fact that the vehicle is dangerous to drive. I called UAC to ask what was going on and was told that they did not know (this is after I talked to the mechanic) and they would call me back, they never did (I found I had to call to find anything out). I called again, and I was told there is nothing wrong with my vehicle. That the clancking noise is not a reason to repair the engine; that when it decided to seize/blow up that they would then replace the whole engine. How safe is that?!! I would love for the service manager of UAC to drive my vehicle around (or home as the customer service rep wanted me to do), I'll trade him and see how safe he feels about driving it. If any of my family members are hurt in this vehicle because UAC is saving the "bottom dollar" knowing that this and other vehicles are unsafe or mechanically deficient, look for a lawsuit. I am writing a letter to my State's Attorney General to notify him of the dangerous practices of UAC.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Car Dealers
Was the above complaint useful?
More UAC/CarHop Complaints & Reviews