logo

Refund

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

TWX*Magazine, Stamford, Connecticut Complaints & Reviews - Scam practices!

TWX*Magazine Contacts & Informations

TWX*Magazine

Posted:    Valerie

Scam practices!

TWX*Magazine
225 High Ridge Road - East Building
Stamford, Connecticut
Phone: 800-927-9651
I got this offer to buy 1 magazine and get a few others for 1 dollar. Then months later they renewed my subscription full price for all magazines without permission and charged my account. Beware!
Comments United States Books
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Feb, 2008 by   Kelly -2 Votes
Actually these offers are quite simple. If you read things before you sign them (like most responsbile individuals do) you would notice that the terms and conditions were right on there. They also send a postcard in the mail to the same address saying you are going to be charged and it EVEN tells you the amount. I almost threw it aways thinking it was junk mail, then realized it was a friendly reminder....So read you mail and know what you sign up for and you should be all set!
 3rd of Mar, 2008 by   Christine 0 Votes
I never recieved a postcard telling me anything about prices or renewals. As a matter of fact they the credit card that they orginal charged me on was stolen and I was given a new number and they somehow charged that card. These people are scam artists and I'm reporting them to my bank for fraud. This company should be shut down..... BEWARE!!!!!!
 11th of Mar, 2008 by   joanne +1 Votes
I had Emusic debited out of my account... have been trying to contact the company... no luck... just the run around... called my bank and they say this is common with TWX... you sign up for a magazine using your debit card and in the fine print, you are also signing up for Emusic!... I believe its fraud and the bank should reimburse me and take it up with twx... stay tuned...
 16th of Mar, 2008 by   Dee Lacy 0 Votes
This company is bogus! The TWX magazine company gave me a FREE 3month subscription to 3 magazines...this was a few days ago. I check my statement to find a $2.01 charge that I did not authorize..>I did not sign anything and there were no "term and conditions" I am outraged. And trying to contact them is a joke...always an automated thingy...UGH can anyone help?
 18th of Mar, 2008 by   Joe Morgan 0 Votes
I have been trying for three months to get TWX to stop billing me and to refund my credit card charges. Yesterday, they chaarged me another $17.34. I have called my bank to have the payment stopped but they say they cannot do this. TWX says they can't find my name or order, but that is a lie because they asre billing me. If I could find a way to just eliminate them from the face of the earth I would. They are liars and thieves.
 26th of Mar, 2008 by   Chris 0 Votes
I too have fallen victim to this company. I did NOT receive a renewal notification. And nowhere in the terms does it say that they will charge outrageously more than the magazine publisher itself charges for a subscription. I am going to try to get this rectified, but I am not confident that these swindlers will play fair.
 27th of Mar, 2008 by   Amanda 0 Votes
I called the store that I recieved the mag. offer because I saw a 25$ charge on my account. He gave me this # 1 877 813 4977. Call it and get through all of the automated BS, and just keep making sure that you decline all offers and finally at the end they said they will refund my money to my account in 1-2 days. Lets hope that actually happens. I hope this helps all of you! :)

~VT Hokie Girl 09
 27th of Mar, 2008 by   tan 0 Votes
I completly disagree. I don't know if any of your cards were stolen and someone fraud used your account, but it definatly wasn't this company. They check out perfect w/ the BBB and others. Also I called and w/ the publishers and their prices were way cheaper. Example: Time through them is 114.00 per year, through the publisher was 143.00... that's a savings to me!

The $2.01 charge was just a preauth (which I had myself). They just test the account your provided w/ the purchase to ensure it's the right card. Come on people, nothing is free...and the TERMS DO SAY you will be charged...If you go in a store like FYE read the reciept if you sign up, or if you do it online read the terms and conditions. This company is 100% legimate. I think it's nice they offer you 3 months free of a 15 month subscription, the publisher doesn't offer that...

Oh and to skip the Automated "BS" just press zero twice... it's so simple... (I think that's how it works with any automated system in the world??
 6th of Apr, 2008 by   Me 0 Votes
In dec I ordered a subscription to one magazine. Since then I have been billed for 3 others that I did or do not want. It has caused trouble with my bank account cause as so many of us are we live paycheck to paycheck. I do not care if its a great deal compared to the actual mag because its a better deal if they dont take anything from my account. I now have bounced my rent payment because of this 58 dollars of overcharge. This is a straight up scam and you should be aware
 9th of Apr, 2008 by   Tanya james 0 Votes
Last week, TWX debit my credit card for $114 for magazine subscriptions I've never ordered. Every time I call, its just bs and I can never get through. My bank is currently doing a fraud investigation. I dont need magazines. I process magazines everyday on my job, so whywould i subscribe? I am pissed about all of this. This company is a rip off.
 16th of Apr, 2008 by   BEATRIZ 0 Votes
I NEED CANCEL THAT FALSE SUBSCRIPCCION .
I NEED HELP
PLEASE
I CALL BUT NOTHING.
 16th of Apr, 2008 by   BEATRIZ 0 Votes
JUST BUY ONE DVD IN FYE STORE AND START SEND FOR ME FULL MAGAZINES I NO NEED .
THAT IS FRAUDE I NEED CANCEL. TODAY TAKE MONEY FROM MY CREDIT CARD I NO AUTIRZATION FOR THAT
I NED HELP.
OK I HAVE GOOD NEWS...
I CALL 18778134977 AND AFTER 25 MINUTES IN LINE TALK ME TRAVIS I CANCEL THE MAGAZINES SO REFUND MY MONEY I HAVE CONFIRMATION NUMBER FOR SECURITY.
THANKS
HOKIE GIRL 09
 1st of May, 2008 by   p sap 0 Votes
they S*&K my son (recenty returned from IRAQ) went into a store in killeen tx, bought a cdm, and was offered free mag's. I was there and the teenager behind the counter said it was free, no trial period, no billing., nothing. they would not automatticlly renew, and he would never, ever get charged. 3 months later 4 charges... now he's a 19 year old kid, I am an adult that knows you get nothing for free. yet the little teenager behind the caunter said it was all free for a year, and would never be charged.

after an hour on the phone with txw, all is better, but I think twx, and FYE should be fined, closed down tared and fethered for lieing to iraq war solders for this. you can say it was because a stupid teenager behind the counter lied, but look at all these complaints, FYE should be worried about this and cut twx loose...
 15th of May, 2008 by   Katie 0 Votes
I checked my bank statement yesterday to find that I had three pending charges from TWX Magazine. I did not order anything and have not received any magazines from them in 2 years. I called them to cancel my account and they said they would have to "investigate" and call me back. This was after they told me about the year of free entertainment weekly I recieved in 2006. Now, I cancelled this back in 2006 and have not signed up for any type of "free" magazine service, so why the hell am I being charged for this? I guess I'll just have to keep calling them everyday until they cancel this. It's irritating because I live paycheck to paycheck and cannot afford to have these charges for magazines I did not order or received. If they don't stop, then I'll have to tell my bank about the fraud charges.
 20th of May, 2008 by   Mary Lee 0 Votes
I had a subscription and they renewed it automatically with no notice what so ever. I did not receive a card in the mail. I am anal about going through every piece of my mail and reading all fine print. What was so bad about this, is they charged a card that I had previously refused a rate increase on by certified mail and the card just jacked up my rate to 19.99% from 11.99% on a $5000 balance, just because TWX hit my card with an unauthorized charge. I am sooooo angry! So now I will be paying $60 a month in increased interest due to this fraudulent activity.
 26th of May, 2008 by   Shannon 0 Votes
I bought a CD from FYE a couple of months ago and they got be with the offer, telling me that it was a free thing (and that it wouldn't charge my card after I received the magazines unless I asked them to). I had $6 in my bank account, and they just charged my card $9. Now on top of being charged for something I was told I wouldn't be, they put my account into the negative, which means I have to pay the bank a nice fee. FYE really needs to figure this out.
 27th of May, 2008 by   I know who it is 0 Votes
I also was billed 4 times for $2.01 on my debit card. Recently I got a call and was asked if I would like a free subscription for 4 magazines. After paying off a bunch of subscriptions, 12 total, that I didn't want but didn't have the time or the patience to track them down, I wasn't about to jump into another subscription scam. I denied the request but ended up being billed anyway. I went to my bank the next day and canceled my card and ordered a new one and put in a complaint to have my bank investigate TWX to refund my money. I'll see how this works out.
 28th of May, 2008 by   I know who it is 0 Votes
Checked my account this morning and the 4 payments were removed and no money deducted from my account. Seems if you go to your bank the same day it shows on your account you can get the payments stopped
 29th of May, 2008 by   jason 0 Votes
HAHAHAHA none of you can complain. Its your fault that you got tangled up in this in the first place. Just a tip for anybody always read terms and conditions its not even fine print. dont get hung up on FREE nothing is free

Identity Theft Strikes 1 in 8 Adults