logo

TWX
Not Known
Not Known, United States
Phone: 877-417-3302
I received a mailing as a "Harbor Frieght customer." As a gift/reward I was invited to use so many points towards gifts and magazines. I selected a variety of items listed up to my point amount. Nothing was said about any charge and a credit card was not requested. I received the gifts, which turned out to be dollar store type items and the magazines started coming. I then noticed charges for these items on my credit card. This was amazing since I authorized no charges. I assume Harbor Freight must have provided my CC number. This is a scam operation and everyone getting this mailing for a Harbor Frieght rewards redemption should toss it.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
UNAUTHORIZED MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTIONS
 15th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I was just charged as well, $197!!! I will call tomorrow to see if they will give me money back or not.
 16th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I was charged 192 dollars on my credit card without my permission.
 26th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have also been charged without knowing!!! I never even heard of this company, and the next thing I know, my credit card statement listed this transaction- completely false!!! And the credit card company had the nerve to say that this is a legitimate company. SO ANGRY
 11th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Great! Now I get sucked into the scam as well. I took over paying for my mother's cable with Time Warner in El Paso, TX. I received the same "you've earned a voucher for 198.00" please selecte from the following free gifts...On 1/7/10 I see the charge of 185.82 to my American Express and I did not give them my cc info for them to charge nor do I know how they got it as I don't have a cc on file with Time Warner.

I contacted AMEXX and disputed the charge and let them know TWX is on the SCAM ALERT. If anyone can tell me which BBB to file a complaint I will, , , as well as the National Consumer Affairs Division here in Washington, DC.

Please contact me and let me know which BBB to file if you have taken this route..
Larryrocha@comcast.net
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am being billed for magazines I did not order.
 9th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
Same thing happened to me:

I would also like to know which BBB is the appropriate one to complain to. Based on the number of similar complaints a simple Google search has turned up, I think there could be grounds for a class-action lawsuit. It is purely deceptive marketing designed to prey on people who aren't aware of the scam. It's a monumental waste of time and anyone who receives the items then has to pay out-of-pocket to ship the items back.

Businesses that do this kind of crap need to be held liable for their actions. It is simply unethical.
 27th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
Total rip off. I got the voucher too and read it twice. It eludes to being free items with the voucher if you renew your subscription. I called and was informed that the items were discounted and you were able to order up to the amount of the voucher.

The crap I ordered sure wasn't worth $93.95 but for free it was worth it. Well free it was not. I was informed I could send the items back just pay shipping and handling with the return information in the boxes. Yeah right, I threw that away.

Tricky, tricky, tricky rip off.

Where can this scam be reported?
 6th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
checking my statement, I found 2 charges for magazines that I had not ordered. What can I do??

Congratulations Youve Been Scammed