logo

TWX Magazines

Posted:    RIRHOADES

UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES

TWX MAGAZINES
IF YOU CALL 800-321-6247 AND THEN HIT *00 (STAR, ZERO, ZERO) YOU WILL GET TRANSFERRED TO A LIVE PERSON. TELL THEM YOU WANT TO CANCEL ALL MAGAZINES AND HAVE ALL CHARGES REVERSED. I HAD TO FILE A CLAIM WITH MY BANK TOO. THEIR WEBSITE IS MAGCUSTOMERSERVICE.COM. HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE!!
Comments United States Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Aug, 2008 by   Rastabunch 0 Votes
For two years in a row this company has hammered us with renewal notices and then when we didn't respond, took it upon themselves to charge my original card that I used for the first subscription 4 years ago (I haven't renewed since). Last year, about this time, this company, TWX MAGAZINES charged me for a year's subscription without my approval.

Guess what? They just did it again!?!?!?!?! Does anyone have any links where I can report them to the BBB or some other regulating agency? How do these telemarketers think they can get away with charging for things I didn't ask for? I can only imagine the $100, 000's of $1, 000's these snakes are raking in from the people who don't look to closely at their statements. How can they live with their slimy selves?
 12th of Nov, 2008 by   Char 0 Votes
They offer magazines for pennies, then put you on a yearly reorder and charge you full amount. You do not know you are being charged until you get your bank statement. Try to cancel using their recorded phone message and there is no option to dispute charge or cancel order without agreeing to another magazine. But... hold on long enough and you will get a real person who will cancel your order and offer a refund. I'll have to wait a few days (or weeks) to see the refund on my statement.

Finding a number for this company isn't easy either.
 5th of Jan, 2009 by   Xbonestony 0 Votes
Unauthorized charges on debit card
 16th of Mar, 2009 by   toobad123 0 Votes
I had a problem with them too. TWX is the stock symbol for Time Inc.
 14th of Nov, 2009 by   a_n_d_r_o_m_e_d_a 0 Votes
I signed up for a $2 magazine subscription, was never provided any notification that there would be automatic subscription renewals and additional charges to my bank account. My own fault for taking this deal...but if you want your money back call 877 813 4977 and press 0 until you get an agent and they refunded my money and cancelled the subscription and provided a confirmation number stating I would receive my refund within 72 hours.

'Cramming' Your Phone Bill Is Back