logo

Posted:

FRAUDULENT CHARGE

TWX
Georgia
11-04-2010 - found $40 charge on my check card from TWX*MAG-800-586-5089. No idea what this is. Called the number and found out it's a subscription to Playboy. Really? I don't even receive that magazine! So, the rep explains that I had a Match.com account supposedly in 2009 and was offered a subscription to Playboy - which was free for the first 6 months and then I had to pay for it. So I explain to the rep that I had canceled my match.com account 2 years ago, in 2008. ... and - I never signed up for any Magazines from them. What the hell? Anyway, I explained to the rep that I live in a very christian household and this is unacceptable. He canceled the order and issued a refund which is to be posted to my account within 24 to 72 hours. Holding my breath.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
I got billed three times within 5 days. I found out, though, that store F.Y.E. was the one who inititated a subscribition. FYE did so when they gave me a store rewards card, and they did not even tell me that they were subscribing me to TWX. Oh, i never got a single magazine from them and they still went ahead and charged me.

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Arrowhead Roofing
Their services are awful and not recommended
2. (7 mins ago)
Honolulu Towing Inc
Rude rep and they stole some stuff from me
3. (8 mins ago)
www.betterfx.co.uk
They haven’t provided any precise info about the exchange rate
4. (15 mins ago)