logo

Just for men hair color
Bad product horrible reactions
2. (2 mins ago)
Award Notification Commission
Letter stating has won prize
3. (5 mins ago)
Ymax Communications Corp
Illegal harassment
4. (21 mins ago)
Toyota / MMT Gearbox
Dishonest Sales Tactics - advertising and selling vehicles equipped with MMT gearbox as Automatic
5. (36 mins ago)

Tupperware
14901 S. Orange Blossom Trail
Orlando, Florida
tupperware.com
I signed up to be an Independent Consultant in August 2007. However, after a few weeks I decided it was not for me since no one I knew was interested in buying. When I contacted Customer Care to ask about a refund of my sales kit, I was informed that the company does not refund the purchase of the sales kit! However, per the Consultant Agreement,

'If I give notice of my intention to terminate my status as a Consultant, Company will buy back from me current, unused Tupperware products and sales aids which I purchased within the preceding 12 months that are in the original packaging at a price which is not less than 90% of the price I paid for such products and sales aids. The amount of any bonuses paid to me in connection with the original purchase and any indebtedness owed by me to the Company will be deducted from the buy back amount. The Company may also deduct from the buy back amount any published restocking fee on such inventory repurchases. This buy back option may be initiated by either
me or the Company.'

The customer care rep (who barely understood English, since their Customer Care reps are in India) said that the sales kit is excluded from the buyback. I am now stuck with the kit and out $100 bucks!! If you are thinking of selling Tupperware, please be sure that people will buy it from you, and know that if you change your mind, you've lost money and are stuck with the kit.
Comments United States Telemarketing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Oct, 2008 by   Rick Brown -1 Votes
Hmmm, you were given an opportunity to start your own business for what, a whopping $100.00. Your kit probably contained at least $100 worth of product. I don't understand complaints like these, which really aren't legitimate at all.
 25th of Feb, 2009 by   Thomas Gelwicks -1 Votes
I bought a considerable amount of Tupperware from Cincinnati-based representative JoAnn Cannon in 11/08. Her phone number (513-733-4313) is on her promotional materials. My wife and I have tried to contact this woman no fewer than a dozen times. All we get is her home voice mail and she refuses to call us back. This woman is grossly unethical and should be stripped of her representation status.
 13th of Dec, 2009 by   Tupper Gal +2 Votes
On the Consultant Kit Buyback... The Kit cost you $100 and (since I am a consultant myself) I know the product contents are well over $400 in VERY usable and re-sell-able Tupperware products. The kit is probably considered a sales aid and NOT product as it is meant to provide you the products to demonstrate to generate your own sales and is therefore probably not considered refundable as a regular purchase might. When I promote the kit, I ALWAYS emphasize that the kit is yours to keep should you not want to continue as a Consultant. Each Consultant delivers the message differently.

Secondly, the customer care IS NOT OUTSOURCED to India. As far as I know, It is in Orlando, Florida. I might be wrong but I have not had any trouble ever understanding or being understood. Since Tupperware has a great Hispanic Market, you may have spoken to a Hispanic Customer Care person and her english was not as good as it should be for a phone rep job. If you are outside North America, I have no idea where the Customer Care center is located.

Finally, on the comment naming and publishing the phone number of a Consultant for not returning phone calls... That's kind of UNCOOL... Call another consultant. You stated that the consultant was unethical without explanation. If you have made a purchase and payment through the consultant and she failed to deliver the product, It is HER problem and you must attempt to get a refund from her unless you paid using a credit card. Call Tupperware to discuss the problem. If you are seeking warranty satisfaction, any consultant is capable of providing service. If you seek to purchase more Tupperware products, simple locate another consultant by calling or clicking the Tupperware.com or Tupperware.ca website.
 9th of Sep, 2011 by   TUPPERWARE4me 0 Votes
I would keep the Tupperware and use it or make them into gifts, or sell the items on ebay of Craigslist.

One thing I must say -- TUPPERWARE is a pyramid type business. People above you earn money off your sales. The directors make money off your sales and because they have several consultants, they get cars and trips from earnings off others sales (while the rep earns 25% from sales).

For the effort - you may earn more money elsewhere. The earlier post mentioned the customer service phonereps are in INDIA -- but from my experience they are located in the Philippines and those employees may receive a more consistent wage. As far as local assistance for new consultants --- IF you are going to do this -- I suggest getting a really good director, mine returns calls sometimes a week after I call sometimes even longer - I noticed that when she calls she really doesn't know what my call was about so I doubt she listened to the phone message I left ( People --- often you can't put a sale on hold while your director out of touch).

For me Tupperware is an OK home business, if you like to use Tupperware and want to fix up your pantry and want items at a discount --- it is much better than if you are trying to earn a living wage. Also Tupperware charges me $7.99 to have my tupperware webpage, and to be honest, I lose more money than earn off that website.
 7th of Mar, 2012 by   .SUBRAMANIAN 0 Votes
The products offered by him does not reflects quality committed. Secondly, he overchanges much...

The 5 Things You Should Never Do When Filing Bankruptcy