logo

TruGreen

Posted: 2011-11-24 by    jwkinva

Scam

TruGreen
I recieved a letter from this company inquiring as to why I canceled my lawn service. I responded with a very detailed letter and was not even given the courtesy of a response. I am hoping that if I put forth the effort to put this on the internet for others to see that maybe someone will decide it is worth their time and effort to respond. One day a salesman John Hutton came to my door from your company asking to treat my trees and shrubs.I have a lot of htem, so we walked out into hte yard and looked at all of htem, and he said he could treat them for $39. That was a great price so I signed up for it and he said he would send someone out hte next week to do the job. All went accordingly and a guy shows up at my door and says he is there to do the job, but that he would not do all the trees for that 39 dollars. I said that was the salesman's price not mine. So i called the salesman who had assured me that he would always be there to help me and I could have his cell number to call anytime. I told john what was going on and he siad he would talk to his supervisor and get back to me. In the mean time I asked hte service tech if he could at least treat my two big trees that were not looking too healthy. He did and left a bill for the 39 dollars. I never heard from John again and called the local office to inquire as to the status a couple of weeks later. The lady said she would look into it and give me a call. She never did as well so some time later I called again and hte lady said she woudl send someone out on Monday to finish the job. No one ever came. I called the national number in TN and the lady was very sympathetic and said she would contact hte local office again sometime later, because now it is about the principle of the thing and happened to get a guy named Jesse, who listened to my story and said he did not work in that office but that he would, as he was filling in for someone else, come adn take a look. Surprise surprise, he shows up an hour later adn I tell him teh story again and he says that the tech should have never refused to treat all hte trees as that was not his call and that he would personally see that the guy came out and finished the job on Monday. Low and behold hte guy comes and does the rest of the treatment, but later I find that he has left me another bill. I had already paid hte first one, which I see was a big mistake on my part. So I call and get the TN office and she agrees that is is an error and says she will fix it. Then I get anohter bill and it is not fixed, so i call and want to speak to the local office and they tell me that I cannot talk to them, everything must come through them. After more attempts, I do get to the local office and the lady says she will issue the credit and do I want to cancel teh service. I am pretty hot by now so I said yes and she says she will send me a check, since I had prepaid the entire year service for the lawn. I asked her when I could expect it and she said 5 to 7 days. Two weeks go by and no check so I call again and she again says she will process it and it will be 5-7 more days. So i ask for her sueprvisor and she says there is no one in at this time and it will be after 5 before one arrives. I said fine, have her call me. She never calls. I call back hte next day and ask to talk to the sup that was supposed to call me back. I do not remember her name and she was there and I asked why she did not call me back and she said she was supposed to issue a refund and since it was taken care of she did not feel a call was warrented. I asked her since the check was supposed to take 5-7 days to process does that mean the original one was never processed and I was lied to about it the first time and she says yes. I cannot tell you how many hours I spent on the phone with so many people, telling and retelling the story to that point, which got longer and longer, and alonger. I was frustrated to tears, never finding anyone who seemed competent to do their job, from service to billing and customer service. I am amazed that you are in business. Which is a shame because my lawn was looking good. If i do not hear from you I will then know that this goes all the way to the top. I would not have written this letter as I was resigned to let it go after getting my check until I got my letter from you asking why I wanted to cancel my service and how to get me back as a customer. That would take a lot of nerve if it was not just a mass mailing form letter. It did give me your name and position to vent the reason too. So here you are it is all in your hands from here. In all the businesses I have worked at there are problems, and you cannot fix problems you do not know about. Now you know, ball is in your court. This is the worst customer experience of my life. There was no place where the buck stopped.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of May, 2011 by   yam802 0 Votes
I am a former employee of TRUGREEN so please read about my personal experience on how they work. Trugreen is ran by a company named service master. With service master its all about sales and not customer satisfaction . They send the techs out with a high number they have to hit leaving them to do a poor quality treatment just to hit their goal. Some techs do what they call " GHOST TREATMENT " . Thats where they claim to treat the yard leaving the customer a bill and no service. Thats easy for them to do since most people aren't home when they claimed to do the work. I was even instructed to treat a yard where the house had been foreclosed on just to have some revenue for the day. What they would do is bill the previous home owner and turn them into collections if they didn't pay.! Many people cancel the service and when speaking to the sales team are assured no more treatments will be done. Now trugreen will send a tech out the next month and spray again, leaving a bill and turning you into collections if you don't pay reguardless of the cancellation . We also were told to spray in heavy rain and windy days. That is B.S. cause the treatment wont work !!! Its all about them being able to bill someone and thats it ! If you want lawn service thats great but just be careful on who you choose and make sure to be home so you can make sure the treatment was actually applied !

Scentura Scam , John Mattes Smells a Rat