logo

80001 Forbes Place st 211
Springfield, Virginia
Phone: 8667747254
RE: Tronix Country

I need your help! I watched television one day and saw an advertisement about a computer purchase with tv, labtop and several other electronic items for a low price. I was someone a little unsure about it but I figure” it’s on TV “then it has to be fine.

I called spoke with a representative and explained my concerns and she assured me that I was doing the right thing and that I had no worries. I gave them my bank information and the young lady explained about all the exciting gifts that I would be getting. The process took about 2 hours maybe less that’s how unsure I was about doing it, but thrilled at the same time.

They took the $99 dollars out of my account and the next two weeks they took $59.99 Dollars, this was part of the agreement. I saw the money coming out of my account but I figured, it will take a few weeks before I received my merchandise. I waited another two weeks another $59.99 came out of my account. So on the third $59.99 take out ( almost 6wks) I called thinking I better cancel this because all I see is money being taking out of my account with no merchandise.

I spoke with a representative who upset me that I asked to speak with a manager whom gave me a call. The manager told me that they were waiting for a sales order which I never got. So, the manager assured me that they would not take any money out of my account until they received my paperwork. I agreed! I should of ran! The Manager informed me that he would call me back with a tracking # he did. Once I received the information I called and request that I fax the information which I faxed from my job while Tronix Country was on the phone.

Another two weeks go by no answer from Tronix Country so I checked my bank statement and see that $69.00 was taken out of my account. I called Tronix Country asking why have I not received the merchandise that was promise to me? the representative informed me that they were sending out some shipping information that I needed to fill out. Once I filled it out, send it back and they will deliver the merchandise, this was on 4/12/10. Another $59.99 taken out

It is now 6/18/10 and I called Tronix Country again and they tell me again that on 6-1-10 they just send out the paperwork well it is the 18th, I didn’t realize that it takes 30 days for paperwork.

I request to speak to a manager and was told a manger is not available. I would like to be reimbursed for all the monies that I paid. I need your help!!! I have called and get a line with people saying how great it has been receiving their merchandise but it has been a living hell for me. I had to close my account and have another account that I had to close to stop them from taking money from me again. I have spend over 600.00 and received nothing.

Comments United States Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Aug, 2010 by   wskwilliams 0 Votes
Sorry to hear about your story..I too called and heard the call if all the people who were shipped merchandise and were happy..but when I talked to someone on the phone they told me I had to agree to buy over the phone before the send me the purchase comtract...That seemed a little backward to me...

Do you by chance still have copies of the purchase contract that they sent you in the mail..I would love to read it..and I am sure others would be...please email me at wskwilliams@gmail.com...

Thanks...
 27th of Aug, 2010 by   shane@clbrownlaw.com +2 Votes
I represent an attorney in Tennessee that is currently investigating Tronix Country and their business practices. Please contact me at shane@clbrownlaw.com to discuss your situation, we may be able to assist you. I would appreciate your time.
 11th of Jan, 2011 by   ken addams 0 Votes
I totally agree and this company is full of crap and should be shut down.
 29th of Mar, 2011 by   billy jo bob jim bob -1 Votes
I have read all the complaints on this site and it is amazing how what B.T. Barum stated almost 50 years ago, "THERE A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE." I saw the ad on TV and immediately Google Tronix Country complaints; I knew the ad was to good to be true especially the mp3, tv, etc. You people are all very stupid for getting involve with TC and what the hell are attorneys doing on this site they too are going to stick it to you also. Why would you authorize someone you don't know to take money from your checking account? Please don't do business with anyone you can't see, touch or hear when it comes to taking money from your checking account. Read your contracts...
 27th of Apr, 2011 by   Jeff-L +2 Votes
Tronix Country was founded by Bruce E. Mattare, the former co-founder of an alleged computer finance company for poor and low income people named Blue Hippo, which was founded by Joseph Rensin. Tronix Country uses the exact same business model and is a near perfect clone of Blue Hippo. Tronix Country was registered as a Virginia corporation four years ago.

Blue Hippo filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy after learning that it's financial processor had frozen their bank accounts, and were unsuccessful in obtaining a court order to lift the freeze. Their accounts were frozen after their financial processor learned of a lawsuit brought by the FTC.

The FTC successfully sued Blue Hippo for knowingly perpetuating numerous and considerable factual innacuracies in their business claims and for engaging in illegal, false and misleading business practices. The FTC dragged them back into court less than a year later for failing to provide the FTC with timely information about its required compliance with court ordered customer compensation efforts, for continuing to conduct "business as usual" in defiance of the court's previous order to cease and desist, and for engineering a refund scheme that was completely unfavorable toward the victims, and favorable to the company. The court imposed thousands of dollar in fines for each day they were not in compliance with the court's previous orders.

Their refund scheme amounted to providing "store credit" with the following impossible stipulations;
1. Only one refund could be processed at a time. You had to order and receive your product before you could order another. Naturally, nothing was ever delivered, thereby holding up your second order.
2. Store credit couldn't be applied toward sales tax, shipping or handling, and these had to be paid up front by money order before you could order your product.

Their claim is that once you have paid a $99 sign-up fee, and made regular payments of some amount, typically $39.99 weekly, or $79.98 biweekly for anywhere from 9 to 13 weeks or longer depending on their current promotion, thereby establishing some form of credit-worthiness with them, they will finance the balance you owe and ship your product.

What really happens is this; once you have paid them up front for their cost of the product -- typically less than $700, then pay an extra amount up front by check or money order for taxes, shipping and handling, they will order your product for you. Then you will be permitted to finance their profit. You will typically end up paying $2, 000 plus for a product worth less than $700, the difference being their profit. The only problem with this business model is -- the product never arrives!

Interestingly, they claim you can have your product shipped to you the very same day you sign up! This is difficult to believe when you have to establish your credit worthiness first by making 13-plus weeks of payments and then waiting 4 to 6 weeks for delivery!

Blue Hippo was registered as a computer finance company, yet it only ever financed 750 computers to over 61, 000 customers, and then only after it was successfully sued by the FTC. Prior to the FTC's lawsuit, they financed only one computer (yes, just 1) out of 63, 500-plus orders, and it appears that the company made a mistake when they delivered it, as the customer that received it had paid only approximately $186 over a few weeks time, and thus, wasn't eligible to receive financing.

One cannot claim that financing computers is your business when you only finance one computer out of many thousands of orders. Blue Hippo pocketed over $15 million and only financed one computer! Interesting enough, Tronix Country is registered in Virginia as an Audio/Video Supply Company.

In my view, if you are paying in advance, two or more times the cost of a decent product for their substandard product, plus sales tax, shipping and handling, you aren't financing that product -- you are being ripped off.

Blue Hippo and Tronix Country both currently have a rating of "F" with the Better Buiness Bureau for the exact same reasons. Attorneys General in several states have provided warnings not to engage in any business transactions with either company, and several other states are endeavoring to shut these companies down. They target and prey upon poor and low income people who have either have limited or no resources to fight the company when they ultimately fail to deliver on their miseading promises.
 2nd of May, 2011 by   skeptical7769 +1 Votes
I received a card in the mail offering me apre approval offer and was skeptical about the offer so I did some investing on this company and immediately pulled up complaints on Tronix Country, I must say after reading the complaints on this company I'm no longer interested in this offer. Thanks for the warnings on this company I just feel bad for the people who got taken and wish you the best in getting your money back. This company should be closed.
 7th of May, 2011 by   carkcued -1 Votes
i agree that no one should ever assume a good outcome from giving your personal information to companies for a device. the amount of money spent paying the company can be used at an electronics store to purchase the device outright. the amount of time spent waiting to receive an item as you make payments is the very first giant red flag that this is suspicious. if the first initial installment is indeed $99, then thats $99 that can be saved to put towards buy a device from a retailer., if there are additional payments of whatever amount, then those amounts as well can be saved in the bank account to be put towards a purchase at a retailer. i actual really believed that no one would actual call and fall for such obvious television broadcast or public ad gimicks.
 23rd of May, 2011 by   Debbir 0 Votes
How does calling people stupid and a sucker help anything? If I were you, I would contact the attorney who posted 2nd.
 26th of Jun, 2011 by   Lakawak 0 Votes
PEople who fall for this maybe NEED to be called stuypid once in awhile. For their own good so they won't fall for this anymore. Like people have said..even under the terms that they ADMIT to, you are paying more money than the computer is worth before you get it. ($99, then 5 weeks to establish credit, and then 6 weeks for it to arrive, which would be about $500 for a $400 computer) And then you still have to pay another 40 weeks!
 8th of Jul, 2011 by   Flinchumj 0 Votes
I bought my Dell laptop through Tronix Country, received an all in one printer, 32" flat screen LCD Tv, an MP3 player, digital camera... With all I got with my laptop was cheaper than going to the furniture store... I have never had a problem with anything I got from them... If you read the contract or listen to the sales person they tell you that you have to make regular payments for X # weeks before they ship your computer and make your final payment before any of the other merchandise gets shipped...
 15th of Jul, 2011 by   confused_one 0 Votes
I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS, MY EX HUSBAND ORDERED A COMPUTER, RIGHT AWAY THEY TOOK OUT 99 FROM HIS ACCOUNT AND THIS WAS 5 YEAR AGO!!! BY THE END OF THAT WEEK THEY TOOK OUT 40..AND BY THE NEXT WEEK ANOTHER 40. THEY PROMISED THE COMPUTER WAS TO BE DELIVERED IN 3 DAYS, AND TWO WEEKS PASSED!! SO I WAS FURIOUS AND I CALLED "TRONIX COUNTRY" AND THIS IS WHAT THE REP. TOLD ME" SORRY MISS, BUT YOU WILL ONLY GET YOUR MERCHANDISE ONCE YOU FINISH PAYING THE PAYMENTS, IN OTHER WORDS, THE COMPUTER WAS WORTH 1300 BUCKS, SoOOOOO, BASICALLY I HAD TO PAY 1300 BUCKS FIRST THEN THEY WOULD SHIP MY COMPUTER. I TOLD HER: FUCK YOU BASTARDS. AND THE NEXXT DAY I WENT TO MY BANK, WHICH WAS WACHOVIA AT THAT TIME, I TOLD THEM, SOME COMPANY IS TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT I DONT KNOW THIS COMPANY ( SINCE NO PAPERS WERE SIGNED) AND WACHOVIA RIGHT AWAY DELETED MY ACCOUNT AND GAVE ME A NEW ONE, AND THEY REIMBURSED THE MONEY I HAVE LOST. ALSO, THEY TRIED TRACING "TRONIX COUNTRY" BUT THE BANK REP. TOLD ME THE "COMPANY" WAS MOST LIKELY FRAUD BECAUSE IT DIDN'T HAVE A PHYSICAL ADDRESS, MEANING, THERE WAS NO WAREHOUSE OR BUILDING, IT WAS JUST AN ADDRESS...BUT IM GLAD I GOT MY MONEY BACK..FUCK TRONIX COUNTRY
 16th of Jul, 2011 by   flinchumj1971 0 Votes
oh wow then confused_one you committed fraud and stole $179.00 I don't know how you could live with yourself... T C plainly state that you get your computer AFTER a short layaway period, usually 3 months...
 14th of Aug, 2011 by   pissedoff2733 0 Votes
My mother is elderly and sometimes forgetful and seems to be getting worse so I have just moved home to help her and found out today that she had called a phone number to enter a contest to win money . Lo and Behold all of a sudden I am reading a letter about how her account will be debited starting next week, I am calling to file a police report for elderly abuse right now !!! this is bs, she lives on 600 a month she was not calling to order anything, but not to worry I will get it all taken care of with the bank tommorrw. Everybody watch out for this company
 29th of Aug, 2011 by   takisha36 0 Votes
People, I know the economy is bad and credit scores are getting low. If you really need a TV or Laptop that bad you still have stores that offer lay away or even better go to Aarons or a Rent a Center. At least with those places you will get your product right away
 17th of Oct, 2011 by   Former Best Buy Emplyee 0 Votes
this is actually standard practice, offering financing, just like any other retailers out there. But they jacked up the price way too much. For example the Best Laptop Option they have they said its $2, 178.48 total payment:

a Similar Price Product from Best Buy:

The laptop: $350
"the free Gifts":
TV: $270
Printer (Compare to Walmart) $40
HD Camcorder: $200
Software Package: $20
MP3 Player: $20

So if you walk into best buy/walmart and purchase all these on their in-store financing, you'll only be spending: 900 on a 18 months no interest financing, at $10 a week, or $50 a month

compare to what they're charging you, $40 a week, $200 a month, and over $2000 total.
 4th of Jan, 2012 by   Tronix Country 0 Votes
Who we Are
Tronix Country offers no credit-check financing to individuals with past credit problems for computers packages and other electronics. Customers are required to make a down payment on their merchandise prior to financing the balance.

Full Disclosure and Compliance
Tronix Country is fully compliant with state and federal regulations regarding disclosure requirements, terms and conditions, contracts, and advertising. Sales staff must adhere to a compliant script. In addition to providing correct and complete price information, and accurate expectations on when merchandise should be delivered, Sales staff must fully disclose our cancellation, refund and return policies.

All customer service staff go through a rigorous training and testing process to ensure that the highest levels of customer service can be provided to customers. Further, all customers have direct access to customer service staff, managers as well as the Customer Advocate. The Office of the Customer Advocate operates with independent authority as an Ombudsman on behalf of customers while ensuring compliance, that proper information was provided, and proper authorization was received.

Tronix Country Meets its Contractual Obligations
Upon completion of the Sales process, (within 24-48 hours) Tronix Country mails the customer an easy-to-understand contract, written in plain English, and without legalese or predatory terms. Subject headings facilitate reference. To ensure delivery, all documents can be emailed and or mailed with a request for signature through USPS. A signature block is next to the total amount, so there is no confusion about what the customer has purchased and the total cost. Tronix Country has NO hidden costs, we provide 0% financing, and do not charge late fees. The Sales Amount IS the amount you will pay.

10 Day Cancellation and Refund Period
Tronix Country provides its customers with a full 10 day grace period from enrollment to cancel their account and receive a full cash refund of any payments. This allows our customers adequate time to receive and review our contracts, to contact our Customer Service Department and to make direct personal comparisons. After 10 days, while the Activation fee is non-refundable, all other payments are refunded in the form of store credit.

Protecting Customer Privacy/Customer Information
Tronix Country is committed to protecting all information provided by our customers and or contained in the record for each respective account, as a matter of good business, as well as to be compliant with state and federal privacy laws, and any other relevant financial regulation, such as provisions to prevent ID Theft. In short, Tronix Country must verify that they are dealing directly with the individual who opened the account with us, and whose bank account is the account of record.

Equal Access to Credit
Tronix Country provides equal access to financing for any individual regardless of past credit issues. In providing equal access to financing, Tronix Country confirms its respect for each individuals’ right to self determination. We also regret receiving the news that one of our customers has passed away. As a result, Tronix Country does receive calls from individuals claiming to have various levels of power of attorney over our customer’s decisions, or that one of our customers has died, and they are their heir.

Tronix Country’s Pricing
Tronix Country knows that other companies (especially retail chain stores) offer more competitive prices on similar goods, but they are competing for consumers with credit and/or the ability to make several hundred dollar purchases outright.

RENT-TO-OWN
When you compare Tronix Country with Rent to Own stores, Tronix Country is more competitive with its entire computer package offer.

MINIMUM CREDIT CARD PAYMENT
When you factor other lenders (credit card companies) interest rates, late payment penalties, and the actual pay-off by making the minimum, or just above minimum, required payments, Tronix Country is more competitive.

Complaints on Websites
Any customer who feels as though they were not properly informed about their purchase or are not being treated fairly should send an email to info@tronixcountry.com where senior managerial staff will receive the email, review your situation, and promptly respond to your concern or issue. Tronix Country is committed to resolving issues with its customers in a mutually-beneficial manner.
 5th of Jan, 2012 by   employee2009 0 Votes
I'm a tronix employee and i can tell you these situations are either complete lies or the customer isn't taking responisbility for not living up to there end of the agreement or that they didn't make a effort to resolve there issue. we have well trained people to work with our customers. we record phone calls so we know that everything was done right. sometimes a mistake happens and we make it right for the customer. we're only human but we fix it to the point of paying back fees a customer had to pay and giving free upgrades and gifts. but I can tell you that most of the time i have to play a recording for a customer we did everythinig right and by the book. if you have a problem or are not happy send us an email it's on the website. we have good honest people who will look at the situation and get back with you. we have one person who makes sure that the company is fair to every customer and how we treat them. post your response afterward and let the world see how we do work with people and most of this stuff is not real. i deal with a lot of happy customers who get everything they are promised and tell me they couldnt make this purchase without us. most of the angry customers dont want to follow the rules they agreed to. I had to post this because i even see some of these complaints and know who the customers are and they are not being honest. nothing wrong with being angry but don't tell lies
 6th of Jan, 2012 by   cdubs 0 Votes
A legitimate company would not respond to complaints like these people have. The few times I have seen "real" companies respond to these complaints, it's with an apology and an offer to work with the customer. Also, they can generally spell, use punctuation, and capitalize. It's fairly obvious by the posts on these websites that these people are pathetic lowlifes who steal from people who can't afford to be stolen from. There's a special place in hell for those who prey upon the old, the poor, and the ignorant.
 10th of Jan, 2012 by   InGoodFaith 0 Votes
Tronix Country did in fact work with this customer. Tronix Country provides equal access to financing irrespective of income or age. Being credit worthy is predicated on our customers making a minimum number of successful, consecutive payments. An account that appears to match that described through the original post can be considered to be an excellent example of omission, vs. comission. Unfortunately, the customers' first payment was returned by her bank. Immediately following this, the customer changed her payment plan three times within one month, and the bank account of record was changed. While frequent changes of payments and accounts do not help establish the payment history a company that provides financing would like to see, this customer also cancelled and reactivated this account on three separate occassions. The record also indicates that the USPostal Service was returning mail sent to the address provided by the customer. Tronix Country wishes for its customers to succeed and our Representatives clearly demonstrated professional service and provided consistent and accurrate information. Within a week of the original posting, the customer received a full cash refund minus the Activation Fee. Tronix Country offers a comprehensive range of electronics guaranteed to meet any customers' financial and delivery needs.
 2nd of Feb, 2012 by   LearntoRead 0 Votes
Are you people serious? I thought this was all a joke. Ok, I'm 17, so I might be a little better than you when it comes to buying affordable electronics, but can't you guys do a little bit of research into what you're getting into? I first heard of Tronix Country on the TV and I thought that was one of the worst quality commercials I've seen in my life. Ok, so I was curious, and I googled my way to their website. Smack in the middle of the website, we have 3 pictures of some crap computer with their sky high prices underneath of them. I could easy tell those were the computers we used in our school, the $300-400 models, nothing like the $999.00 they're asking for. Ok, maybe they can redeem themselves on another part of the website. Click. What do we have? Standard, Premium, and Deluxe. No model number, name, ID, no anything. Now this was interesting. So cool, I want a "deluxe" computer, so I click. The next part was so funny, I posted the link to the schools computer club website (which I'm not a part of) and they laughed their asses off. Conclusion: AMD Dual-Core 2.7gHz is not "super-fast", it's slow. Very slow. An upgraded 22" monitor? Upgraded? Are you kidding me? Ok. Moving on. I thought the rest of the deal was ok, but for $39.99, comedy material only. Free gifts: TV: SHIT. Software: BLOATWARE Printer: SHIT Mp3:PURE SHIT. Basically they're making you pay for the "free" stuff by all the trouble they will cause you later.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Holiday Safety Tips 2009