logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Shell
on line lottery prize winners among the thousands email id arround the world
3. (20 mins ago)
bmw uk
regarding fake lottery winning
4. (22 mins ago)
Lower my payment today
They are a scam
5. (58 mins ago)
Beulah Grove Baptist Church in Augusta / Concert Event!!
only two good things about concert!!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Triangle Tech

Posted:    Gbg4380

Rip off

Triangle Tech
I attended Triangle Tech's RHVAC program in Greensburg, PA. To anyone thinking about attending this school: DON'T!! It is a scam, plain and simple. They recruit students with all sorts of empty promises, just like all the other "trade" schools, then once they have your money, they couldn't care less. They also advertise "lifetime job placement", which is a huge joke. They ask you to supply them with copies of your resume, then claim they sent them to all of their "contacts"... in reality, they probably put them in the "round file" because you don't get one phone call.

The instructors are a joke as well. One spent half the class talking about getting drunk, and the other half outside smoking. Another was leaving after he finished with our class group, so he basically adopted an "I don't give a crap if you learn anything" attitude, and spent the nights outside BS'ing with the students he was supposed to be teaching. What little I did learn, I mostly taught myself.

As with most trade schools, the tuition is outrageously high and the credits don't transfer ANYWHERE. It cost me $12, 000 to get a DIPLOMA (not even a degree) in RHVAC and so far it's proven worthless. HVAC companies don't care about schooling; they're more interested in experience and if you don't have it, you're not getting a job... unless you want to do grunt work for minimum wage. The point is... don't waste your time and money on this scam. Someone needs to start a class-action lawsuit against this outfit and expose them for what they are- SCAM ARTISTS.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Triangle Tech complaints
Triangle Tech - Awful customer service

Comments

21st of Apr, 2013 by   sank the tank 0 Votes
I go to triangle tech Pittsburgh for electrical maintenance and construction blah blah blah.. I agree with Greensburg hvac guy... I am about to graduate and learned little. I cant even get an interview with places paying a decent wage.. my attendance was great and grades were high. the teachers were a joke for sure. we have a school that is misleading students with promises that will not be fulfilled. I was told that I would be able to run my own electrical business with no problem when I graduate. there is no way... we didn't even wire a house.. we ran a wire from a light switch about five feet to a light... wow!!! no body trains you like what... some advice if you are seeking a career in this field.. if your young.. get that job as a grunt... learn the trade in the field and don't weaste your time or money going to a joke school like triangle tech.

Craigslist Scam Targets Renters