logo

Anti Age Cell Veloura & Bella Bella Alluria
Bella Bella Alluria
2. (33 mins ago)
Ericdress.com
Don't buy from this website ever
3. (35 mins ago)
Billing

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

travelers insurance, Charlotte, North Carolina Complaints & Reviews - slow, inadequate reimbursement

travelers insurance Contacts & Informations

travelers insurance

Posted:    dairrel steven benefield

slow, inadequate reimbursement

travelers insurance
po box 473525 zip 28247
Charlotte, North Carolina
Phone: 704-544-3628
Travelers insurance appraises the vehicles that they have to pay for. Their appraisers always value the vehicle very low to keep their costs low. I was only offered 65 percent of nada value on my "above average " vehicle. They take an average vehicle price, then their appraisers nit pick every single flaw on the vehicle to get the value as low as possible. The values that they come up with are JUST high enough to keep the average american from taking them to court.
I am a car dealer that knows local values because I deal in them every day. Traveler's got the best of me on this deal. We were just fortunate that there were no injuries.
I almost wish that I had faked an injury to have gotten what my vehicle was worth, but I'm too honest for that. There is no difference between Traveler's insurance and a common car thief!!!
A rental car was initially offered that I declined because I have plenty to drive, but after getting jerked around for a few weeks, I decided to get a rental to sit in my yard just so Travelers would have an extra bill to pay.
This is also a rip off. The rental is only good for five days even if they take a month to get the payment to you.
Comments United States Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jan, 2009 by   BobG -1 Votes
For years I had my auto and homeowners ins with travelers. Never had a claim yet the premiums kept going up. After I complained to my agent about this she came back with less coverage and higher deductables at a lower premium cost. When I complained to travelers they told me there was nothing they would do, that I had to go to my agent. I decided to shop around for my insurance. For my auto ins I got better coverage at just
under half of Travelers premium rates. For my homeowners, again I got increased coverages for one third of travelers premium. Needless to say I switched companies when my coverage with travelers was due for renewal. Imagine my surprise when I got a bill for $2oo.oo from travelers because I did not renew my insurance with them. Both my auto and homeowners policies were paid in full when they were renewed. My agent wouldn't even talk to me because I no longer had insurance through them. Travelers told me that they don't deal with customers directly. You have to go through an agent. Needless to say I refuse to pay for something that I am not getting. Travelers refuses to acknowledge an correspondence to them.Now they have a collection 'RMS' company harrassing me. I believe RMS stands for Rapeing, Murdering, Savages. I would not recommend anyone do business with them. Let the buyer beware!!
 30th of Jul, 2009 by   Travelersarescum +1 Votes
Travelers are the most evil company I have ever had to deal with. I am now going on a year trying to get my costs out of them. In the next month I will be reporting them to the Financial Ombedmens service as well as the FSA.
 5th of Aug, 2009 by   2danes +1 Votes
I AM CURRENTLY DEALING WITH THESE CON ARTISTS. THEY HAVE OFFERED ME ONE HALF OF WHAT MY CLASSIC CAR IS GOING FOR. THEY KEEP THREATING TO TAKE AWAY THE RENTAL. REFUSE TO PAY FOR TIME I HAVE TO TAKE OFF OF WORK FOR DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENTS AND THERAPY. tHEY THINK I AM IGNORANT AND WILL SETTLE BUT I REFUSE. THEY KNIT PICKED ALL OVER MY CAR TO FIND VERY MINUTE THINGS TO BRING DOWN THE VALUE. THEY EVEN HIRED AN OUTSIDE COMPANY TO GET COMPS ON MY CAR WHICH WAS A JOKE. THE COMPS CAME FROM NEWSPAPER ADS THAT HAD NO PICTURES, ETC OF THE CARS. THEY HAD NO IDEA IF THESE CARS EVEN HAD A MOTOR IN THEM. NOT TO MENTION THE ADS WERE OVER 4 MONTHS OLD AND THE CARS HAD BEEN SOLD PRIOR TO MY ACCIDENT. I CALLED THE OWNERS OF THE CARS ADVERTISED AND THE CARS HAD BEEN SOLD LONG BEFORE MY ACCIDENT EVER HAPPENED. I REFUSED TO BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF WHEN IT HAS BEEN CLEARLY ESTABLISHED IT WAS THEIR INSURED FAULT . HONESTLY, I AM LUCKY TO BE ALIVE BECAUSE I WAS IN A VERY LARGE HEAVY CAR WHICH WAS TOTALLED. THEIR INSURED WAS ABLE TO DRIVE HIS CAR HOME!!! I WILL CONTINUE TO POST AS THIS UNFOLDS. I INTEND ON REPORTING THEM TO THE INSURANCE COMMISSIONER AND AS MANY WEBSITES THAT I CAN FIND. IT IS TERRIBLE THAT WHEN YOU ARE THE LAW ABIDING CITIZEN YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS BEING SCREWED!!!
 12th of Nov, 2009 by   mack daddy +1 Votes
Wah wah wah... My car too was totalled by a Travelers insured and I got alot more than I could have if I sold it on the street. It was less than NADA, but do you know anyone that has ever paid the NADA price for a car. Unfortunately, the reality is that NADA is just a reference, what people are actually willling to pay where you live is where most insurance companies get their prices from. With all of the incentives and deals on new cars these days, used car values have plummeted. I'm glad my car was wrecked - I got me a new car for about 75% of the sticker price.
 2nd of Feb, 2010 by   jenuwine -1 Votes
I'm currently dealing with them for damage to my house when a tree fell. I filed the complaint a week ago, never got a call, left messages telling them I had a lot of questions because I never dealt with something like this before, still no call. Left a nasty message, FINALLY get a call and I'm told that they can't come out to look at it for yet another week. I told them my neighbor's insurance company was there in TWENTY minutes and that the way they conduct business was unsatisfactory. They gave me 101 reasons of why it is taking so long and I told them it funny how my neighbor's insurance company didn't have that many excuses. She said they must not have a lot of claims. Last I checked State Farm is a large company, I would assume they had just as many claims, just more competent people. Needless to say, I'm still waiting for someone to come out. Just from this little bit of experience I am dealing with at the beginning; I can only imagine what I am in store for once I do get them out to the house! Good thing the tree didn't come THROUGH the house, I would be out in the cold right now!
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   muchhappier +1 Votes
I worked as a claim adjuster in the Tampa office and was laid off in 2008. What a blessing. This company is horrible and I would suggest anyone who needs insurance to stay clear. It is the worse company I could have ever worked for and I had over 20 years service. If you think they rip you off in your claim, you should imagine what they do to their employees.
 11th of Mar, 2010 by   Mr. and Mrs. Goldstein +1 Votes
We are dealing with Travelers now: The first insurance evaluation was done almost a week after our hot water heater soaked several rooms of carpet and dislodge tiles in kitchen and laundry room. The adjuster that came out the first time gave us a check for a fraction of repairs. When I called him to complain and mention how expensive our carpeting was he told me that it was not expensive at all. Little did he know that for some reason, I kept some of the carpeting - though we were told by the agent to make sure it was all disposed of as we have an obligation to "mitigate" damages to the floor. I asked for another evaluation and weeks later another adjuster arrived - he took a piece of the carpeting and the padding - and I provided photos of our home with the carpeting and sofa that had been ruined. I was told that the carpet would be sent to be evaluated for cost at a testing lab they use and can expect results in 2 to 3 days. Our home has been insured with Travelers for more than 20 years - we have never missed a payment nor have we ever been late. I am so angry at the off-handed way I was treated and spoken to by the first adjuster. I am still awaiting the results since the second adjuster just left today. If they continue to treat us unfairly, I will report them and look for insurance elsewhere. Good customers should be treated with respect and fairness. My husband and I have missed additional time from work dealing with Travelers. This should have been done right the first time.
 13th of Mar, 2010 by   RBH1 0 Votes
This Insurance Company is a joke. They are taking our money and never plan to pay out if there is a claim filed. Our house along with other homes in the neighbor hood had storm damage to the roof. The damage includes damage from hail and wind.
The adjuster would not work with the roofing company to come on a day when the roofing company had a rep available to go over the damage with him. The adjuster came out on a Saturday morning and was mad because he had to work on a Saturday. The guy had attitude and was here top close the claim nothing else. Quote if I have to work on a Saturday your roofing company could have been here also. Prior to his visit he ask if he could access the roof easily. He said he had to bring his own ladder because if he were to get hurt using the roofing company ladder their insurance would not cover him. When he was finished and I spoke to him he said there was no damage to the roof it was in good shape. He indicated he could not get to the back side of the roof because of the pitch of the roof. In his estimate if there was any damage it would only be small because he could find no other damage to the roof. So he said the damage if it exist would be less than our deductible so there was nothing he could do for us. He also stated if the roofing company would have shown up he could have got to the back of the roof with their ladder. I ask him how every house in the around us in the development could have roof damage and have their roofs replaced and my roof had no damage. His comment was the tree we have in front of the house protected the roof. Every other house here has trees all around them. The guy treated us like we were idiots. We got a letter from Travels denying the claim in a few days. A week later we get a letter form them saying they were going to drop us because the roof was deteriorating and we had a unregistered car in the driveway. How could the roof be deteriorating when it had no damage per their adjuster and what does the car have to do with the roof. This company is a SCAM!
 21st of May, 2010 by   jpncats 0 Votes
i am sick of all insurance companies. i have done nothing but pay premiums my whole life. i have travelers. i finally put a claim in for damage and the damage exceeded 8000.00 dollars. in the mean time they send me a check for 2900.00. i get a public adjuster and now they refuse to come out to reassess the damages correctly. even on the statement they sent they failed to do a proper itemized bill leaving out particular damages. after the restoration people are paid i have about 1000.00 to replace 400sq ft of carpet and replace a 1000 sq foot ceiling. they talk about insurance fraud... the people that run these insurance companies should be charged with just that.
 20th of Sep, 2010 by   Reneek +1 Votes
How to the Travelers Adjusters sleep at night! I am in the middle of a settlement and they are trying to screw me on the claim. Their customer ran over my car with a dump truck! It's totaled! No injuries, thank God, but I've only had the car for 6 months, it was paid for and now they want to settle for less than it will cost to replace it. I can't afford a car payment and they say it's not their problem. He went as far as yelling at me on the phone! Talking over me and YELLING at me. Who do these people think they are.
 15th of Nov, 2010 by   vwalvatne 0 Votes
I was in an accident About week ago. Travelers sent out an adjuster to look at my car on that following Monday- who falsified the report- saying my interior was soiled, stained, rips or tears, discoloration etc which all was untrue- It was in excellent condition- if not like new. Not to mention- my accident caused the hood of my car not to be able to be opened, and the adjuster wrote 'unable to open hood" then proceeded to say that my hoses were old, belts etc that the engine compartment was oily etc as well as stating that I had leaks and my fluids were discolored- all of which were untrue- and how would he know when he couldnt opent the hood??? Liars. When I complained, and refused their offer- they had me send all of my receipts of work I had done on the car for the past year, the towing bill, and then had me go and find comps. On top of that when I set up full coverage I was supposed to have rental coverage and they now say that I dont have it and first tried to blame the agent who set up my policy but he is taking no responsibility whatsoever either- BY FAR the WORST INSURANCE COMPANY I HAVE EVER HAD. Now its been days since I spoke to the other adjuster who was sent out after i complained- he also tried to pull some shady crap and bring up stuff that had no bearing on my pay out - such as oh I saw that you had work done to your car before, I told they guy- I HAVE FULL COVERAGE it doesnt matter what work or paint differences you see. I further told him, I took pictures of the interior of my car anad if I have to go to court I will. SO, havent heard from anyone since nor had any other offer to my as they are totalling my car due to how old it was. What the hell is the point of full coverage if they are not going to fix your car or get you one comperable- or as a last resort Give you a decent payout so you can go and get another car??? I am telling everyone I know and dont know about this and making sure that people know not to go with travelers insurance and if they have it to switch as soon as they can. Working with Travelers has been more stressful than the devestation of the accident and them totalling my car. I cannot express How ABSOLUTELY AWFUL THIS COMPANY IS.
 5th of Dec, 2010 by   Daniel Matthews 0 Votes
BE AWARE EAST TEXAS: Travelers Ins is using a "low end" paying service. A computer gererated estimate that is very low. On this job they are tring to pay the home owner 165.oo a square for a 30 year roofing. the materials alone are 106.00. They offered no money for the home owner to tarp his own home and no money for dumping the old materials. There first response was to mail a check that was atleast 35% if not 100 % lower than the going rate in this area. They sent the check with NO comutaion of how they arived at that figure. The home owner had to have me "the contractor" to show them they had "replacement" policy and a small 500.00 deductable. It's been over 6 years since I'v seen an Insurance Co. try to "get by as low as possible". Here in Henderson Tx ; farmers, state farm, nation wide have never given any trouble, just one easy call. NOT SO WITH TRAVELERS!!! My adjuster CHRIS HIGH is out to "low ball" or maybe he is following Travelers guide lines. THEY ARE NOT LIKE ALL AND I MEAN ALL THE OTHER INSURANCE COMPANYS.. PLEASE BE AWARE YOU WILL HAVE A HARD TIME WITH THEM. CHRIS HIGH 903-245-7243 FOR HIS SIDE OF THE STORY.
 31st of Jan, 2011 by   Reggie M. 0 Votes
I am currently getting kicked around by Travelers, my very own Insurance company that I pay for. I had Company Damage and theft over eight months ago and the police actually found out who the criminals were and yet Travelers still has not reimbursed me for the company losses. I call almost everyday and am told that "I am working on it" (by my agent Donna). She promises to have an estimate for me soon if not even today. She promises to call but never does and this has been dragging on for over half a year and yet they still collect my monthly policy payments like clock work. The items damaged and stolen are life dependent gear that is needed on a daily bases and yet my own Insurance company that I hired to keep me safe finds it appropriate to send my company out without this needed protection. They are the biggest disappointment for an Insurance company that I have every encountered. If you have Travelers then I hope you like to Travel because they will surely give you the RUN AROUND!!! Reggie M.
 26th of Mar, 2011 by   DRFp 0 Votes
My inlaws, in the 80s, arrived home from a trip to find their heat had failed, pipes had burst and they had water damage from the second floor down to the basement. The clean-up company did an excellent job. Then the problems began. The Travelors adjustment agent did an inadequate inspection of the damage, refused to come back to meet with the contractor, and even damaged a door when she knocked over a piece of equipment being used to dry out the house. They came back with a $7, 000 offer. We hired a public adjuster who found damages of over $25, 000. Needless to say, this has been a nightmare for my elderly inlaws, who have been unable to live in their house for over a month while this has dragged on and on. If you are considering Travelors for insurance, think again! My in-laws paid their insurance FAITHFULLY for over 25 years and this is the thanks they get!!
 16th of May, 2011 by   don't lie +1 Votes
I . will never recommend travelers to anyone. I spoke with the manager and his boss. They were disrepectful and I need to do upkeep to my home. I moved into my home in 2008 and starting in 2010, my daughter's room was getting water damage from an unknown place. They paid on that claim and then they came out again because my son leg went through the deck and because it wasn't sealed to protect it they said they are not covering it. My daughter's window seal at the top was getting woter in there from the rain but didn't know where it exactly was coming from. The guy said it was coming through the fireplace, I asked him to show me and he couldn't see how it was coming in. He kept lieing to me, he was working on trying to get me approved. NOT. They sent me a letter saying I had 47 days to fix these problems and if not they were going to dropped me. I canceeled it myself and got back 100 dollars that due to me from paying because i cancelled them. I think I'm going to file with BBB.
 19th of May, 2011 by   chacer +1 Votes
I have a total lose claim on my truck with travelers, so far I have had to work with 4 different representatives and an appraiser (medical loss, vehicle damage, bodily injury, and total loss) all from different offices the total loss rep. (the one who cuts the check) is in a different state. After 2 weeks of paperwork and haggling on top of hospital visits, follow up dr. visits, ct scans bleeding intestines, separated ribs, and bruised spleen, we come to acceptable amount (barely). Now the total loss rep. tells me 2 days after I thought I would receive a check that they can't find the title I sent in the Fed Ex envelope provided, no title, no check, no exceptions, not his problem. My only option is now get a duplicate release of lien from Ford $17 and 10 days, file that with the state for a lost title $17 and a day in Atlanta at state DMV, or $7 and 7 days with the county, mail it to NC again, maybe they don't lose it this time, couple more days to process my pitiful check, bank will hold that for 5-7 business days. Really glad I paid for that rental on my policy(30 max) that should on leave me without a vehicle for 2-3 weeks before I can start shopping for one, IF THEY DON'T LOSE THIS TITLE.
 20th of May, 2011 by   don't lie +1 Votes
Can we file a class act lawsuit against traveler's insurance?
 26th of May, 2011 by   don't lie 0 Votes
Who is the top dog? I'm tired of talking too these little people of no importanat.
 26th of May, 2011 by   don't lie 0 Votes
I don't understand what you are saying. I want to sue Traveler's Insurance.
 9th of Jun, 2011 by   Don't buy Travelers Insurance +1 Votes
We are currently suing Travelers Insurance. Our home had winter storm damage totaling around $30, 000. Travelers sent a check for a little over $1, 000 dollars and took over a year and a half to do so. But dropped our homeowners insurance immediately.

Some of Travelers cost savings suggestions included $500 to renail twisted usable roof gutters back on the house!!! Apparently, the adjusters have some "low-ball" company claim template that they use to for all claims "to cut a low-ball check and run".

DO NOT BUY TRAVELERS HOME, AUTO OR ANY OTHER INSURANCE FROM THEM. Drop them immediately and go with a reputable company. Consumer Reports recommends: Amica, CHUBB and USAA Group.

"Amica Mutual Group, USAA Group, and the Chubb Group of Insurance Cos. were rated more highly for claims satisfaction than most other insurers."

IF THERE ARE ANY TRAVELER's CLAIMS ADJUST OUT THERE...PLEASE WRITE IN WITH STORIES AND SUGGESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO GET A FAIR DEAL FROM TRAVELER ONCE YOU ARE "STUCK" DEALING WITH THEM?????

Travelocity Scam Revealed!