logo

Speedpost Singapore
Terrible Delivery Services
2. (1 hr 5 mins ago)
NRGbinary
No responds to my withdrawal request
3. (1 hr 5 mins ago)
century link internet
extremely slow internet service
4. (1 hr 14 mins ago)
Zong Tower
Installation of tower without permission
5. (1 hr 20 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Beware

Transworld Systems
www.transworldsystems.com
I have been a client of Transworld Systems for 5-6 years with mediocre results. I submitted an account which was forwarded to the phase II CMS. In the meantime, the client returned to my office with an emergency medical situation and paid her bill. I informed Transworld Systems that she paid her bill. I received a bill from Transworld for 1/2 due per our contract. I spoke with several representatives at the company and told them that I did not feel that TWS had done anything to collect that payment. I have paid the bill but am pissed. Beware of the contracts. No matter how long you work with them, they will throw you under the bus.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Jul, 2008 by   D +2 Votes
Your results must not have been that bad since you have been with Transworld for 5-6 years!!
 1st of Dec, 2008 by   Fred Bennington -1 Votes
I paid Transworld $699.50 to be able to turn over 50 accounts during a 24 month period. I did not quite turn in 50, at was about 44 that got turned over. I asked them to extend the 24 month period so I could at least try to recover as much as I paid them-they flatly refused. They collected a little over $400.00 for me then billed me an additional $140.44. They promise great things but deliver very little then charge a premium price for mediocre service. Beware of these people. I would strongly advise against doing business with them at all.
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   HawkeyePierce63 -2 Votes
I am not behind with any credit at all, but have been getting phone calls from Transworld at all hours of the day, always asking for someone by name, nearly always a different name each time. I have reported them to th FCC's "Do Not Call" list, and I've told them that I plan to take action against them for harassing phone calls. This seemed to stop the calls for a while, but they have started again. Their latest trick is to block their number from showing up on caller ID. I have told them to remove my phone number from their commputers, and was told that it would tke up to 48 hours, but it's been a month, now, and as yet they haven't removed it.
 3rd of Apr, 2009 by   Laura 0 Votes
I had a collection item with this company from an oral surgery bill. My insurance company did not pay what it agreed when they were called for pre-authorization. The oral surgeon's office would not take payments and sent the amount to Transworld. I am not the type of person to not pay my bills, so I worked diligently with Transworld to make sure it was paid. They drafted my bank account monthly for the agreed-upon payments. When there was a balance of $5 on the collection, they still drafted my bank account for a much larger amount. Here it is almost 4 months later, and after many phone calls and several letters, I still have not been issued a refund. My next step is the Attorney General. Beware of this company and do no...I repeat...do not give them your bank account number!
 8th of Apr, 2009 by   Crystal D +2 Votes
>> Lrener<< The only you should be pissed at is yourself for not reading your contractual obligations w/TSI upon placing an account in Phase II. You say "you feel" TSI did nothing to collect the payment, however the entire time the account was in Phase II, collection efforts were being pursued as alotted by the FDCPA. Just because the debtor chose to pay the client directly, you feel TSI should not be paid for the work that was in fact done??! TSI should have dropped YOU as a client for complaining about not wanting to fulfill your own contract!!

>>HawkeyePierce63<< I think it's funny that you reported TSI to the FCC's 'Do Not Call' list!! The purpose of that is mainly for those annoying telemarketers/sales calls- not for companies trying to collect for products or services that were already provided and not paid for! Do you see the difference??!! As far as the 'harassment' calls all hours of the day, Federal law allows them to make contact twice a week, between 8am-9pm in your time, so if you choose not to answer the phone & ignore correspondence, THEY'RE GOING TO KEEP CALLING YOU! So don't blow them off- if it's a financial situation that's keeping you from paying the debt, let them know that & they will work with you, but if you just flat out ignore their attempts to contact you, that's your own fault when your check starts being garnished or someone shows up to your door with paperwork for a lawsuit against you for the balance of the debt!
 3rd of May, 2009 by   Kevin E +1 Votes
As a very successful TSI Rep, I have two types of clients. First type of client submits accounts before 90 days past due. They receive great and consistent results. The other type of client refuses to submit debtors in a timely manner and receives mediocre results. The system never fails you-you fail the system.

Kevin Ewing
 22nd of May, 2009 by   garyd -1 Votes
i have filed with the U.S. district attorney office for false and misleading documents and fruad. The fbi has been informed and we should know something shortly.
 30th of May, 2009 by   realist +1 Votes
garyd...your "filings" with the USDA and FBI are ridiculous, good luck with that! I am sure they have better things to do, this is not a reality TV show, this is real life and how the real business world works, deal with it or move on!
 1st of Jul, 2009 by   bobareebop 0 Votes
Yes - read the contract. Once an account goes to Phase II Verbal it is owned by Transworld. That is exactly what the contract states and is probably exactly what you were told. Once Transworld owns the account, if you recover money on that account, then 50% of that money goes to Transworld. It's very simple, and very legal.

Regarding the Phase I written demands, the Performance Guarantee clearly states that all purchased accounts must be used prior to their expiration date, or the Guarantee is void. If you don't like that guarantee, try to find another collection agency with a recovery rate over 50% and a comparable guarantee. You won't.

In most cases, when Phase I Written is not successful it is because:

1.) The service was not used, or
2.) The service was not used properly
 16th of Sep, 2009 by   DuncanK 0 Votes
Trust that I kick myself about having signed my agreement when I put a $25, 000 debt into phase II, but not because of the clause agreeing to their taking 50%. No, I kick myself because I was foolish enough to trust that they would be sufficiently invested in recovering that amount. Maybe I should have guessed when I found out that claims under $1000 weren't even being pursued because it wasn't worth the time and expense to take them to court; even half of $25, 000 isn't that much to them.
When I finally heard that the case was being handled by Resnick & Schwartman, LLC, in Baltimore, I took heart. That is, until the morning of the hearing when I picked up a voice mail from the attorney handling the case, calling from the courtroom, saying that the client claimed to have made a barter arrangement for repayment of the debt... No phone calls after that. I finally got a response to my efforts to find out what had happened when someone from Transworld called to let me know that the attorney had settled the case for $2, 500. I have the attorney's phone numbers but he won't return my calls to explain what happened.
I have no recourse because they own the debt and the attorney doesn't have to talk to me because I'm not actually his client.
Silly me.
 23rd of Sep, 2009 by   CA job searcher 0 Votes
Thanks for the info on Transworld Systems Inc. I just rec'd an e-mail from them saying they saw my updated resume online and want to sched an interview. Most e-mails I get like this are just scams, which is why my flags were raised. As they are obviously not very good at what they do, they can't be too great a co. to work for.
 9th of Nov, 2009 by   Aby52 0 Votes
On 11/5/09 I recieved a call from a private number. I answered and waited for the phone to bring a humans' voice. It was a very rude man asking me about a bill. I am presently unemployed. He was very ignorant to my situation. All I requested was there a place online I could pay my bill or just send me a notice. He was very rude and I hung up on him. I'm not a child and he had no right addressing me in the manner he did. I am very upset.I would never recommend this company to anyone.
 12th of Nov, 2009 by   TheAmazingHoudini 0 Votes
I'd watch out drawing a conclusion based on complaints. Happy customers are not about to seek out a complaint board to post their happiness. It is only the most upset souls that have been mistreated that seek a soapbox to sow their anxiety and spew their malcontent barrage. You'll always find bad reviews of every company. This doesn't mean that they are good or bad - so you need comparable statistics to industry averages. I'm still indifferent.

Find them,
post them,
credit them, and
I'll believe them.

Signed,
Someone who just got an email requesting an interview
 13th of Apr, 2010 by   HawkeyePierce63 -1 Votes
>>Crystal D<< If you read my comment at all, and understood it, you'd notice that I said I am not behind with any credit at all, and also that I am getting calls at all times of the night and day, including some as late as 11pm at all. My complaints are more than justified.
 21st of Apr, 2010 by   antoliver +1 Votes
I can totally understand them charging 50% for the woman that walked in and paid her bill because she required further medical attention. Transworld probably paid their staff to make phone calls, create collection letters, pay postage, pay admin staff etc. all in an effort to collect this debt. Why should they take the overhead loss? You are not looking at the whole picture.

Here is a good example that may put it in perspective: My boyfriend is a carpenter. My college degree was in architecture. He he came home and said that he has a client that wants a custom built deck. I spend many hours designing it to fit their home and land grading, figuring out the different sizes of wood we need etc. We spend our evenings purchasing it, hauling it, he cuts it all to size for easy onsite assembly and at leaves it at there home on to begin construction on Monday. We have put much brain and muscle power into this project already, probably half the effort if not more. He shows up Monday morning and the deck is built. The husband and his friends decided to build it over the weekend and they just want to reimburse us for the wood.

Does that seem fair? They used our expertise then put the puzzle together (the one we carved out), the part that they were not capable of. Why on earth would we even just go buy wood for a total stranger and deliver it uncut with out plans to get reimbursed for the cost of the wood. Sounds crazy doesn't it? Because it is.

Transworld has requested an interview with me because of a resume I posted online. Of course, I am going to research them before I respond. The 50% charge seems fair to me.

I worked for a builder for many years that was so devoted to customer satisfaction. It was amazing the lengths we would go to in order to please our homeowners, yet some would still get on websites and trash us anyway; it was hurtful because we put so much effort into pleasing them. I agree with the amazing Houdini's post. To add to his post, people who have received exceptional service should take the time to praise the company and people that delivered it to them. That makes you feel much better and drives the people that delivered the service to continue.
 22nd of Apr, 2010 by   sameoldsonganddance 0 Votes
I love the comment about reporting to the FBI & we should hear shortly. That WAS 300+ days ago.

Also to the guy who paid $700 for 50 accounts over 2 years. You were told there was a performance guarantee which YOU SIGNED OFF ON in the 2nd page.
 22nd of Apr, 2010 by   sameoldsonganddance 0 Votes
If you are getting calls at 11pm, record them. It is a violation of Federal law. However, I HIGHLY doubt you are.
 29th of Jul, 2010 by   Billcollector01 -1 Votes
You got to love these “Blog-off’s” hired by company’s to besmirch their own customers on these complaint site due to mistreatment, I’m completely uninterested in a company that instead of trying to find a comparable solution to remedy the situation, would rather berate and accuse its own customer’s and the like, it’s pretty obvious when someone has something to hide, they bash and harass. I’m not remotely interested in this type of company “Butt-Buddy” and don’t see how such can be reputable or worthwhile (Forget this company!)
Billcollector!
 13th of Oct, 2010 by   Whatsupdwj 0 Votes
I received an email from TSI requesting an interview as well. Curious, I took the time to read up on the company and gave the negative press out there its due diligence. However, it was the company website that really caused me to think there might be something 'off' about this enterprise. The site is cheap, very cheap, and not very user friendly. The information is purposely misleading and it's hard to get an answer as to what exactly this company does. Their biggest client is the Girl Scouts of America... LoL... And finally, the nail in the coffin, was the gallery photos on the site! Just look at these people... LoL... LOSERS!

Any company worth it's salt is going to use a law firm or an established (licensed) collection agency to recover outstanding debts. I understand you have to start somewhere, and that they might provide a cheaper alternative for smaller businesses, but these clowns are anything but mainstream or legit.

To all of you who feel you have been burned by TSI... You get what you pay for... Buyer beware! Next time just pick-up a lead pipe and pay the dead beat who owes you money a little visit one night when he gets home from work... Chicago politics gets things done!

Peace Niggaz!
 14th of Oct, 2010 by   Eric Sermon 0 Votes
My company has used TW for several years and have had many problems. I will not go into details on everything, just the latest.

We have accounts in phase II. When you go online to look at the progress of those accounts, there is no detail of what is happening with the collection efforts. When i call and ask for that information they would not send me anything in writing. I would like to see a copy of the checks/money orders/cashiers checks etc...Also i would like to see the dates and times calls were made. TW says they record all conversations, make those available to me if requested. This would (hopefully) cut down on some of the complaints people have. If you or the debtor is rude then as the client, I need to know. Customer Service is still the priority, even when collecting.

looking around for better service,
Eric